On 12/6/2022 at 4:59 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... SCOTUS just accepted the BRUNSON case for conference in January. 

The gist of the case (without citing all the law and noise) is that a person, Brunson, filed a lawsuit in Utah because Congress under Mike Pence certified the 2020 presidential election without satisfying the 10 day period for investigation of election fraud when a complaint about it is made by a proper authority. The complaint actually was made and the House decided NOT to observe the 10 day period or allow investigations and got on with it.

Notice that this case is not about election fraud. It's about breach of legal protocol and procedure written clearly in law. 

In a worst case scenario, the entire House that participated in that session can be found guilty of committing a felony. God knows what would happen to the certification...

I probably screwed up a detail or other, but I know I got the broad outline and gist right.

For those who are interested in getting a better description of this case than I gave, here is a guest post in The Gateway Pundit by Tim Canova.

It's a bit in the weeds, but only a bit. It's clear enough for a layperson to understand without straining any brain cells.

:) 

Tim Canova: Supreme Court Considers Case Seeking to Overturn 2020 Presidential Election

istockphoto-1269124344-612x612-1.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Guest post by Tim Canova While there has been much public attention on the U.S. Supreme Court’s present consideration of the “independent state legislature” theory in Moore v. Harper involving North Carolina’s...

The headline is a bit misleading.

The case does not seek to overturn the 2020 election. It seeks to make sure legal protocol was followed, which it wasn't. And if SCOTUS decides it was not, then the result will be that the 2020 election has to be overturned.

To be clear, the case is not about overturning the 2020 election, but about completing the 2020 election according to the law. And with the right outcome, this case will overturn the 2020 election.

Wouldn't it be a bitch if, after all those court cases about election fraud that were filed and denied hearing by the courts due to procedural technicalities, the 2020 election gets overturned by SCOTUS due to a procedural technicality?

I would love it...

Well, I prefer the 2020 election to get un-frauded because it is the right thing to do. But I would not feel sad to get this mess straightened out over procedure.

Michael

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2022 at 2:26 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ah, come on.

This is cute.

Michael

Does anyone remember what this was? It was a tweet from James Woods's account and he deleted it, probably due to some backstage "request."

If I can remember what it was, I can find something similar to put into its place, or even make an image.

Sometimes I want to shoot my short-term memory.

Michael

On 11/2/2022 at 4:12 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

With nonstop pressure from the public, the Military will be forced to audit the election.

And then all hell will break loose. 

Michael, in re a possible or looming succession crisis in Brasilia, I've been keeping an eye on Brazilian Portuguese-language media every couple of days. I had a question requiring your advice. About video sources, mainly.

Background:

As long as I am able to read subtitles, I might get 80% of Spanish-language video and audio; my bag of French/Latin/Italian/Spanish vocabulary helps me to grok Portuquese subtitles, and I have somehow absorbed the most obvious roles of Portuguese articles and verb endings. The language as written is not a mystery and patterns can become absorbed. If I was prolix I might yammer on about my surprise at how much Romanian I can read now. Not much at all ...

Query:

Which outlets of video news in the country and on Brazil actualities are even half reliable with reporting?

Same query but recast: what should we be watching out of Brazil? 

I'm thinking that biases and sensationalism and blind-spots and activism-masquerading-as-journalism can be detected and scraped off, given our understanding of persuasion. The big networks seem obviously in with 'constitutionalism' a la Mike Pence..

Unrelated:

While doing my rounds, came across a video of the Mexican Weather Woman Big Caboose. I'm very much a gay man of 64 with a lush white beard and lifelong interest in wild, psychotic weather, so ordinarily weather, storms, hellish tornado outbreaks and so on I take raw. Local, regional, national weather comes via the talented and beautiful meteorologist Kristi Gordon.*

I do not believe there are LGBTQI equivalents of Big Caboose Weather -- at least not of equal potency and deadpan humour.**

Forgive Ozzy Man. He may sound like a meth-head selling Sham Wow, but has the best drunk walk compilations of all time.

Spoiler

KRISTI_WEB_2021-1.jpg?quality=85&strip=a

Kristi Gordon

Senior Meteorologist

Kristi Gordon is a senior meteorologist on Global News at 5, Global News Hour at 6, and Global News at 11. She also appears weekday afternoons and weeknights on BC1.

Kristi was born and raised in White Rock and Crescent Beach and earned a science degree from the University of British Columbia (UBC) in Physical Geography and Atmospheric Science.

After university, she spent the next several years working across Canada as a both an operational meteorologist and on-air meteorologist. She started initially in Vancouver but lived in both Toronto and Edmonton where she worked for almost every other network in the country. Kristi now brings that experience home to Global News and is honoured to be part of Canada’s top-rated newscast in the country.

Kristi and her husband, Paul, have two awesome sons, Jordan and Braden.
In addition to her work on Global BC and BC1, Kristi can be heard on the radio, weekdays from 3 to 6 PM on 980 CKNW and AM 730.

By the weird rules of Canadian broadcasting, you can only show your glamourous decolletage, arms and shining legs on an 'entertainment' show. So Canadian entertainment show gals go for gowns and glitter and Kimberly Guilfoyle makeup. Local news crews are usually farm-teamed and run like horses across the country before they settle down. Local anchors can hold the desk for forty years. So Kristi never shows her gams or tatties or long lissome arms, at least not at the same time and not on set. 

_______

** these guys are the local entrenched top rated deep-state bench for news, weather, sports and traffic. The sole lBGTQi moment on their live show came when Chris Gailus got icewater drenched and didn't realize he'd be the only one showing nipples. A real gay-as-a-goose moment for folks at home.

Edited by william.scherk
The sun went down, the loons began to call

On 12/15/2022 at 6:16 PM, william.scherk said:

Which outlets of video news in the country and on Brazil actualities are even half reliable with reporting?

William,

I have no idea right now.

A lot has changed since I came back to the US in 2004.

btw - If you are interested in the news gay angle in Brazil, one gay celebrity who often did news, Clodovil, was as famous as famous gets when I lived down there. He was as well-known down there as Liberace was up here, except Clodovil was into high-end fashion designing and being a TV host for variety and interview shows.

I didn't realize he had become a member of Congress in 2006, but there it is in the Wikipedia article in the link below.

Clodovil's main TV audience was middle-class women. If you ever read my Letter to Madalena, you will know who she was. She had been a huge fan of his and used to chide me because I didn't care for him as a TV host. (I used to think he was superficial.)

Clodovil Hernandes

As to the Brazilian press, everyone I knew in the press dreamed of doing a Watergate scandal someday and taking down a famous politician. And they lied their asses off if they could promote themselves doing it. I met a lot of those when I once promoted a famous left-wing singer named Geraldo Vandré. (Me? Promoting left wing? I wasn't a leftie, but I did that. Long story... :) )

But there was an exception. The reporters on the police beat. You know, the ones who publish pictures of murdered people lying in the street at night. They were as honest as night and day. Seriously. I knew a bunch of them at the Diáro Popular because the building was near where I lived when I was an alcoholic. There was a bar nearby and I used to go there to get shit-faced with those reporters.

One reporter, Celso, was a colorful friend of mine. He was the nicest guy on earth until he started drinking. Then, as they used to say about him, if he found no one to fight with, he would fight with the label on the beer bottle.

Some of the other reporters and I had favorite trick, although we only did it sporadically and in between long intervals. We were into fun, not humiliation.  We would get him in his preaching mode, then, behind his back, swap out his glass of pinga for a glass of water. When, in full self-righteous rage, he would finally pause long enough to turn around and take a drink, the look on his face was always priceless as he spewed the water all over everywhere. Then the real cussing would start.

Way too many times after Celso got shit-faced, he and I would fall out because he would start accusing me of secretly working for the CIA. We never came to blows, but man did we yell at each other.

I miss him.

Michael

16 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
On 12/15/2022 at 4:16 PM, william.scherk said:

I have no idea right now.

The last scrum with supporters at the Presidential Palace was intriguing.

On 12/16/2022 at 10:53 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Speaking of Tucker and unraveling the Deep State, imagine what is behind this tweet.

(EDIT from MSK: Wrong code provided by Twitter removed.)

Michael

Nothing came up on the post with a tweet? 

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Nothing came up on the post with a tweet? 

Marc,

I don't know why the code changed, The old code (which came from Twitter) worked when I posted it.

But I fixed it.

I also added am image of the tweet.

On 12/16/2022 at 10:53 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Speaking of Tucker and unraveling the Deep State, imagine what is behind this tweet.

Image:

image.png

Michael

And to round this off, the Gateway Pundit has an article about it.

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.: The CIA’s Murder of My Uncle Was a Coup d-Etat From Which Democracy Has Never Recovered

robert-f-kennedy-.jpeg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

As reported earlier – On Thursday the National Archives released thousands of the never disclosed JFK documents. But the FBI-CIA...

And here is the video by Tucker on YouTube.

Just in case YouTube gets cute, here is a link on Rumble. Here is another. And here is one on BitChute.

Michael

On 12/16/2022 at 10:39 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

As to the Brazilian press...

I can't say anything about the Brazilian press right now.

But as to the press I look at here in the USA, holy crap!

BRAZIL UPDATE: Military Movements Continue – “The Armed Forces Have to Act”

brazil-military-screen-grab.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Deputy Colonel Tadeu of the Bolsonaro-allied Liberal Party has accused the Judiciary of “abuse of power”, as Jornal da Cidade reports: “The...

There is still lots of speculation, but just look at the sequence of events from the article (called a timeline in the article).

Timeline

By law, Bolsonaro should have left the Presidential Palace 15 days before powers is handed over to Lula on Jan. 1. This did not happen.

The Army, Navy, and Air Force Commanders Lula wants to replace have also remained in position.

Protests continue all over Brazil.

The (pro-Lula) Supreme Court has decided to buy its own APCs

The Armed Forces have begun exercises all over Brazil and signed a national mobilization order.

The Minister of Defense called up the reserves and called for volunteers to join the reserves.

Bolsonaro relocated 300 staffers to the Presidency.

Bolsonaro nominated 12 new diplomats, which the Senate approved.

Bolsonaro transferred many generals and promoted others, strengthening his support.

Bolsonaro authorized huge quantities of gasoline to be bought to fuel tanks and APCs.

The Ministry of Defence expropriated areas reserved for nuclear energy.

The Ministry of Defence signed up companies for the so-called Estado de Mobilization de guerra (mobilization state war).

The Parliament has gone on holiday, so there will not be interference from the Senate.

Lula only has a few days to make deals with the party.

The governor of Rio Grande do Sul broke off his relationship with Lula.

If anybody is in doubt, APC means Armored Personnel Carrier.

Brazil is showing the USA how to resolve a stolen presidential election.

Wow...

Michael

• Upvote 2

Another inspirational post, but it is pure signal, not noise.

idT3kOpqpv0w_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

Please learn more and Fight With Kash here: https://fightwithkash.com We at www.themelkshow.com want to thank all our amazing patriots pals for joining us on this journey, for your support of our work and for...

Mel and Kash discuss Trump's campaign and both are happy about it so far. 

Also, Kash says he is releasing a new book early next year.

It is called: Government Gangsters.

He names names and says what you can do about it.

Michael

Former toadies for the Deep State are falling by the wayside in an ugly manner.

Grifters Gonna Grift: Mary Trump is Begging for Cash Now That Her 15 Minutes of Fame Has Ran Out

mary-trump-slurs-n-word.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

The worst kind of grifter – A family grifter. Mary Trump told Rachel Maddow in 2020 she heard her uncle Donald Trump say the N-word and use anti-Semitic slurs. .@realDonaldTrump's niece, Mary Trump...

The headline says it all.

The Deep State ain't paying her no more.

Michael

Here's a part of the Deep State that needs to be dismantled plank, nail and splinter. It's the normative conceptual storyline.

It needs to be reintegrated with reality to work at hygiene.

Even though I do not like seeing the Republican side weakened knowing the size of the battle still ahead, Tulsi got it right below when she nailed George Santos.

The issue is that George Santos got elected as a Republican House Representative and part of his spiel was that he was Jewish, he worked for Goldman Sachs and on and on. All not true. He did a Biden resumé, meaning he pulled it out of his ass and tried to impress people in this moment or that moment with bald-faced lies.

Tulsi made mincemeat of his attempt to keep the false narrative going.

I am pretty sure George Santos is going to serve his two years in Congress, but I am not sure he will understand what Tulsi was getting at.

She was not nailing him on the lies per se. She was nailing him on trying to pretend that these lies are not really lies and that lying doesn't count.

There are many reasons a person will lie and, among politicians, I don't expect to see an ocean of piety and integrity to serve as reference for condemning lies. But one cannot fix a problem unless one identifies it correctly.

George Santos will not identify it correctly.

For this guy to try to claim he was lying but not really lying shows to me that he will become wealthy in DC as he sells his votes to the highest bidder. He shows all the signs of someone who lies to himself, so I don't think he will even realize he is selling his votes.

I would be with him if he presented heartfelt contrition and said he thought the lying was a good idea at the time to cut corners, but he's deeply ashamed and will try to regain trust by doing this this or that. However, he will not resign from his elected office. For now, he promises lying will no longer be a part of his form of acting. And then he apologizes.

I would be with him for that. Even if I stayed in wait and see mode, I would be willing to watch what he did with a second chance under those conditions.

But this guy did lip service to contrition because he was caught and only because he got caught. He's not going to change. He even said his own constituents would not be able to understand why his lies are not lies.

I don't think Objectivism would benefit this dude. He's too far gone. He needs to find a church and realize what he did so he can forgive himself first. He needs to cry in a public confession and cry out for forgiveness. I honestly don't think anything else will work for him to change.

So I'm not holding my breath. And I will not be defending this guy's future sleaze.

To get rid of the Deep State, we have to take away it's intellectual manure that serves as fertilizer where it grows.

That starts with cleaning up our side when the shit stinks.

And cleaning up starts with correct identification. To repeat what I said above, one cannot fix a problem unless one identifies it correctly.

A lie can be fixed if it is accepted as a lie. A refusal to see it is a lie cannot be fixed.

Let MAGA hold to this principle and the rest will follow. The bad guys have no long-term strategy that can ever work against a population committed to objective reality and truth in values. 

That's where we can apply Rand's work with great profit.

But Rand doesn't work with squishes like George Santos. So we have to nail them on their squishiness before getting rid of them.

Then the Deep State will have nothing corruptible that can grow in their horseshit.

Michael

• Upvote 3

I was waiting for Tulsi to ask about his self-financing of his campaign to the tune of 700k without yet any publicly disclosed documentation of personal assets. I understand that Fox probably can't have criminal accusations floating around and she could really only go after published statements, but still I was waiting.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:48 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Brazil is showing the USA how to resolve a stolen presidential election.

Well, That might have been overly optimistic.

Bolsonaro came out and said he wasn't behind any attempt to stop Lula from taking power.

However, he did not concede defeat in the election.

He also has plans to leave Brazil if Lula starts arresting people from his administration and wants to target him.

Taken at face value, that's pretty bleak.

But I have 32 years of Brazil and I already know that theater is the main activity of Brazilian politicians, the military and the media. 

So here is my gut feeling. I might be wrong, but I believe this for now.

In order to elevate the supremacy of the institutions, the powers that be are going to let Lula take office. Then they are going to remove him in one way or another. And to make sure there will be no problem reinstating or reelecting Bolsonaro, they are getting him out of the line of fire and keeping his reputation pristine.

Why can I say this?

I've seen too much.

For just one example, if you ever get the chance, look up Tancredo Neves someday. He died shortly after being elected President, but his vice had to be sworn in while he recovered. Then he died dead and deceased. But the powers that be kept his cadaver on ice, told everyone he was alive, and even took jazzed up pictures for the masses for a while. That way he could "officially" die on a popular Brazilian holiday similar to our 4th of July.

You never know what is going to happen for sure with Brazilian elites. The only certainty is that things are not what they seem in Brazilian politics. Ever.

So we have to wait and see what is going to happen.

I do know one thing. If Lula takes office and does not act quickly to imprison and/or kill certain people (too many for comfort in my view), what's more, he still has to get away with it, his days of governing will be pure hell on him however long he will be in office. Too many people are livid about the stolen election.

Michael

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Bolsonaro came out and said he wasn't behind any attempt to stop Lula from taking power.

I've been watching the Brazilian military YouTube channel updates for signs that Steve Bannon's correspondent is not full of shit. So far, lots of fun, not a lot of repression, seizures and Securitate-style action.

The best part of not understanding a language is watching as if a tableau vivante. I was especially struck by  one of Bolsonaro's recent impromptu appearances before supporters at a kind of moat on the grounds of the official presidential residence in Brasilia, Alvorada. Bolsonaro has been relatively quiet, resolute, and austere.

The Brazilian media sphere is pretty damn lively. I have no idea where the 'centre' lies in terms of accuracy and relative sobriety. 

But raw, this is from today, the President of Brazil speaking freely, live eleven hours ago:

He is now on his way to Orlando, Florida?

G1.GLOBO.COM

Bolsonaro deve passar o mês de janeiro na Flórida. Nesta sexta-feira (30), ele fez a última live do mandato, na qual condenou atos terroristas e disse que não se envolveu com...

Final Brazilian connection, the fabulist facing a full reckoning, "George Santos," from I forget where today:

“We don’t carry the Ukrainian last name,” Santos said. “For a lot of people who are descendants of World War II refugees or survivors of the Holocaust, a lot of names and paperwork were changed in the name of survival. So I don’t carry the family last name that would’ve been Zabrovsky. I carry my mother’s maiden name which is the Dutch side of the family.”

News outlets have questioned Santos’s claims about his family in recent weeks, citing genealogy records that show his grandparents were born in Brazil before the Nazis rose to power. Santos claimed that they emigrated to Brazil during World War II.

Zabrovsky! I will not be surprised if rumours turn out true -- that one of Santos's imaginary friends or alter-egos will somehow have arranged for the mysterious slushPAC funding.  I won't really be satisfied until he is discovered to have been doing GOP drag boot-shake fundraising as Rhonda Santis.

Spoiler

Edited by william.scherk
Shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your booty, shake your booty

I consider this Pope as part of the Deep State.

So, while I do not celebrate the death of any human being, I cannot avoid seeing and noting that the world will be far better off without this man in charge of one of mankind's largest religious institutions.

And by world, I mean individuals with individual rights.

Including the right to worship.

Pope Benedict XVI Dies in Vatican at 95

GettyImages-162839480-e1672484662989.jpg
WWW.BREITBART.COM

Benedict XVI, the 265th pope of the Roman Catholic Church, died peacefully in his bed Saturday morning, the Vatican announced.

Now let's hope they elect a more humane Pope to replace him.

Michael

• Smile 1