This is right out of Atlas Shrugged.

WEF Calls For Ownership of Cars To End

Schwabby.jpg
WELOVETRUMP.COM

The World Economic Forum is looking to reduce the use of metals and as a solution, the WEF is advocating for reducing the amount of private ownership of vehicles. A report earlier this month has gone on...

I want to say something wise or clever, but to readers of this forum, what can be added to that? You already know...

:)

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Schwabby.jpg
WELOVETRUMP.COM

The World Economic Forum is looking to reduce the use of metals and as a solution, the WEF is advocating for reducing the amount of...

I want to say something wise or clever, but to readers of this forum, what can be added to that? You already know...

Michael

There's a song by the band Rush that anticipated this, back in the early '80's (and was inspired by a sci-fi short story on the topic, "A Nice Morning Drive...")...a song about a forbidden joyride and police chase when cars have been outlawed...

Rush- "Red Barchetta"

My uncle has a country place, that no-one knows about
He says it used to be a farm, before the Motor Law
Sundays I elude the ‘Eyes’, and hop the Turbine Freight
To far outside the Wire, where my white-haired uncle waits

Jump to the ground
As the Turbo slows to cross the borderline
Run like the wind
As excitement shivers up and down my spine
Down in his barn
My uncle preserved for me an old machine –
For fifty-odd years
To keep it as new has been his dearest dream

I strip away the old debris, that hides a shining car
A brilliant red Barchetta, from a better, vanished time
Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar!
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime…

Wind in my hair –
Shifting and drifting –
Mechanical music
Adrenalin surge –

Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Suddenly ahead of me, across the mountainside
A gleaming alloy air-car shoots towards me, two lanes wide
I spin around with shrieking tires, to run the deadly race
Go screaming through the valley as another joins the chase

Drive like the wind
Straining the limits of machine and man
Laughing out loud
With fear and hope, I’ve got a desperate plan
At the one-lane bridge
I leave the giants stranded
At the riverside
Race back to the farm
To dream with my uncle
At the fireside…

• Thanks 1

Ferrari-212.jpg
AUTOS.YAHOO.COM

If you are not well versed in the automotive world, you might think the Rush song “Red Barchetta” is about an appetizer at an Italian...

"The Rush song is set in the future, where “Motor Laws” restrict many types of vehicles, including the “Red Barchetta.” The uncle of the narrator has kept this car hidden and takes it out every Sunday, breaking the law, but partaking in something that brings him joy.

AN EXAMPLE OF A “RED BARCHETTA”: The Le Mans-winning 1949 Ferrari 166MM

The song was inspired by the short story “A Nice Morning Drive,” written by Richard Foster for the November 1973 issue of Road and Track. In this story, there are future vehicles called Modern Safety Vehicles, and despite their name, had unintended consequences, according to the narrator:

“Despite the extent of the safety program, it was essentially a good idea. But unforeseen complications had arisen. People became accustomed to cars which went undamaged in 10-mph collisions. They gave even less thought than before to the possibility of being injured in a crash. As a result, they tended to worry less about clearances and rights-of-way.”

On 7/30/2022 at 8:11 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Schwabby.jpg
WELOVETRUMP.COM

The World Economic Forum is looking to reduce the use of metals and as a solution, the...

Michael

Yeah… like He Soros Gates and the rest of the predators won’t continue to own multiple luxury cars yachts and jets….

Ok so, would a third party formed by these folks be a predator class of both sides party, or a mixed economy centrist "for the people" party?

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Dozens of former Republican and Democratic officials announced on Wednesday a new national political third party to appeal to millions of voters they say are dismayed with what they see as America's...

1 hour ago, Strictlylogical said:

Ok so, would a third party formed by these folks be a predator class of both sides party, or a mixed economy centrist "for the people" party?

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Dozens of former Republican and Democratic officials announced on Wednesday a new national political third party to appeal to millions of voters they say are dismayed with what they see as America's...

I think your answer lies in the fact that the RINOS and the Democrats are all done so in this example from your link, it would be the equivilent of putting lipstick on a pig.

All due respect to pigs.

Trump ( MAGA) is the third party in effect, and the RINOs are done and the Democrats are done.

• Like 3

Marc wrote, apparently, without doing any research. One click. search: “I think your answer lies in the fact that the RINOS and the Democrats are all done.”

Gallup: “In Gallup polling throughout the first quarter of 2021, an average of 49% of U.S. adults identified with the Democratic Party or said they are independents who lean toward the Democratic Party. That compares with 40% who identified as Republicans or Republican leaners.

• Smile 2

13 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Extreme notice...

TG,

Tucker makes the DeSantis-Warren issue super-clear even for a low-information audience. And he has both barrels blasting at Soros.

According to Tucker, the DAs elected all across America with Soros money comes to a cool $40 billion.

That billion with a "b." That's $40 billion George Soros has invested--out of his own money--in destroying US law enforcement with activist DAs who refuse to prosecute criminals, but, instead, prosecute people like church pastors.

Granted, Soros got his money gaming legal systems all over the world for the decades, but he controls his fortune. He decides where to spend it. And he is spending huge amounts of it to destroy the US system of government by protecting street criminals and thugs all over the country, including those who commit crimes during public riots staged by BLM, Antifa and so on.

So DeSantis's firing of Warren is welcome news on reversing that. Also, out of San Francisco where a formal recall of the DA happened, the new DA suspended some of the monkey-shines.

Replacement for ousted San Francisco DA Boudin revokes 30 plea offers for drug cases

B2D930D4-CA26-426C-8480-7FF98DC5818F.jpe
JUSTTHENEWS.COM

Boudin, a Democrat, was removed from office in June in voter recall election

It's a slow process, but it's happening.

One other thing. The press has been having a field day with Trump meeting Orban from Hungary. They are saying Trump luvs him some dictators, Nazis, racists, and so on.

Those are words in the fake news media trying to become reality through a "controlled narrative."

In reality, in actions, Orban helped get rid of Soros in Hungary and has kept up a stream of attacks on Soros ever since. Especially for Soros's promotion of mass migration from poorer countries to Europe. That means Soros ain't getting his hooks into Hungary again anytime soon. 

The predator class press does not forgive Orban for that. But the people love him. Orban's slogan for his blowout political wins could have been Make Hungary Great Again.

Drip, drip, drip...

Michael

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

According to Tucker, the DAs elected all across America with Soros money comes to a cool $40 billion.

That billion with a "b." That's $40 billion George Soros has invested--out of his own money--in destroying US law enforcement with activist DAs who refuse to prosecute criminals, but, instead, prosecute people like church pastors.

Soros has seriously ramped up the disbursements in the last month.

-msedge_5C9b9ATpAj.png

-- from the 17-page report "Justice for Sale," cited by Tucker Carlson:

sorosBILLIONS.png

William,

OK.

$40 million with an "m." Tucker did say billion in the video, or at least I heard billion.

The point remains, though, that Soros is putting megabucks behind destroying the American system of government. Open society, baby. And we can be sure that $40 million is a drop in the bucket compared to the money he spends on other disruptive and destructive anti-American government activities within America.

After you add up all his thousands of nonprofits and front groups, I don't doubt he has invested $40 billion or more the world over in trying to make life better for the predator class by promising the human livestock fairness and justice and milk and honey and blah blah blah while delivering misery.

He once said he likes to play God doing this. It's fun for him. Glenn Beck used to show the video when he was on Fox. He probably showed it when he moved on to the Blaze, too, but I only saw it on Fox.

And I reiterate, the influence of Soros on society is going to be shut down soon. It's already started.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The press has been having a field day with Trump meeting Orban from Hungary.

Trump met with Viktor Orban a couple of days back.

orbanTrumpAug2-2022.jpg 
The trigger for gnashing of leftist teeth and wailing of secular European centrists was a speech given by Orban on July 23 in the spa town of in Romania.  The full text of his speech can be found at the About Hungary speeches page.

What kind of annoyed a few of his hosts (including Romania's president Iohannis) was a sentence containing the phrase "mixed race." In context, the remarks were pure Viktor Orban, unapologetic nationalist, and perhaps no surprise, but some Europeans can get a bit tetchy about "race" determinations, even if everyone knew -- and Orban explained in the speech -- he wasn't talking about Spanish or Finnish or Greek or Polish people race-mixing with pureblood Hungarians, he was talking about non-European peoples.

He named no names, so it makes a bit of sense that said folks would read between the lines and indulge in a bout of histrionics.  As if the histrions and their tribunes figure it's never the wrong time to raise up Europe's 20th genocides, as reminders of where things can sometimes lead.

It kind of reminds me of Charles De Gaulle's famous 1967 speech in Montréal, where he proclaimed "Vive le Québec! Vive le Québe libre!" 

The feds effectively declared persona non grata and De Gaulle flew home to France, truncating his visit.  In Québec, of course his endorsement of a 'free' Québec were just what ardent independentists longed to hear ...

... three years later, the October Crisis.

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

They are saying Trump luvs him some dictators, Nazis, racists, and so on.

Those are words in the fake news media trying to become reality through a "controlled narrative."

One of these 'They' people disappointed and repulsed by the speech was Orban senior advisor Zsuzsa Hegedus.

[...]

Jewish and the daughter of parents who survived the Holocaust, the sociologist Hegedus said the speech was a ”pure Nazi text” and the discourse was one of clear ”racial hatred.” She called it not only discriminatory, but ”completely unacceptable.”

Before Hegedus resigned, representatives of Jewish communities in Hungary had already protested Orban’s choice of words. Hungarian Chief Rabbi Robert Frölich said there was “only one species on earth that walks on two legs, works, speaks and occasionally thinks: Homo sapiens — that is a single and indivisible race.”

The International Auschwitz Committee also slammed Orban’s statements, terming them “stupid and dangerous,” and said they reminded Holocaust survivors “of the dark times of their own exclusion and persecution.”

In a personal letter written to Orban on Tuesday, Hegedus wrote that she had no “other choice” but to resign and end her relationship with him “due to such a shameful position.” She said that his speech went against all her “basic values.” Later, she told the RTL Klub television channel that the speech was “worthy of Joseph Goebbels” and compared the speech to those given by Adolf Hitler. She said the Holocaust had come about because of such words.

Orban retaliated with his own letter. “You can’t be serious about accusing me of racism after 20 years of working together,” he wrote. “You can know that, according to my understanding, God created all people in his own image. Therefore, in the case of people like me, racism is excluded ab ovo.”

Hegedus responded with an emotional letter in which she invoked her parents’ survival of the Holocaust. She said that had died because “too many people stayed silent” when hate first emerged, and that this had enabled the Nazi regime of terror.

[...]

** cued

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Peter said:

Marc wrote, apparently, without doing any research. One click. search: “I think your answer lies in the fact that the RINOS and the Democrats are all done.”

Gallup: “In Gallup polling throughout the first quarter of 2021, an average of 49% of U.S. adults identified with the Democratic Party or said they are independents who lean toward the Democratic Party. That compares with 40% who identified as Republicans or Republican leaners.

One click and your sterling research comes up with a quote from an article pertaining to "the first quarter of 2021 [emphasis added]" and dated April 7, 2021.

NEWS.GALLUP.COM

The nine-percentage-point Democratic advantage in party identification and leaning in the first quarter of 2021 is the largest since 2012.

Ellen

• Smile 1

43 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

The trigger for gnashing of leftist teeth and wailing of secular European centrists was a speech...

William,

Words people always gnash their teeth and rend their garments over words.

Look at the deeds.

Or not, as I am sure you side prefers.

Regardless, under Orban, Soros ain't doing his thing in Hungary. That's a deed thing, not words.

Michael

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

Tucker makes the DeSantis-Warren issue super-clear even for a low-information audience. And he has both barrels blasting at Soros.

Granted, Soros got his money gaming legal systems all over the world for the decades, but he controls his fortune. He decides where to spend it. And he is spending huge amounts of it to destroy the US system of government by protecting street criminals and thugs all over the country, including those who commit crimes during public riots staged by BLM, Antifa and so on.

So DeSantis's firing of Warren is welcome news on reversing that. Also, out of San Francisco where a formal recall of the DA happened, the new DA suspended some of the monkey-shines.

Replacement for ousted San Francisco DA Boudin revokes 30 plea offers for drug cases

B2D930D4-CA26-426C-8480-7FF98DC5818F.jpe
JUSTTHENEWS.COM

Boudin, a Democrat, was removed from office in June in voter recall election

It's a slow process, but it's happening.

One other thing. The press has been having a field day with Trump meeting Orban from Hungary. They are saying Trump luvs him some dictators, Nazis, racists, and so on.

In reality, in actions, Orban helped get rid of Soros in Hungary and has kept up a stream of attacks on Soros ever since. Especially for Soros's promotion of mass migration from poorer countries to Europe. That means Soros ain't getting his hooks into Hungary again anytime soon. 

The predator class press does not forgive Orban for that. But the people love him. Orban's slogan for his blowout political wins could have been Make Hungary Great Again.

Drip, drip, drip...

Michael

Shot:

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/ChristinaPushaw/status/1555600476263120897?s=20&t=Lx85YRAVX7O-oCNLATMdlw

• Smile 1

TG,

Lookee what I found.

Technically, Warren is committing a felony by telling the public he is still the State Attorney.

Since people on the MAGA side have good hearts, they will give him a grace period to get used to the idea that he was thrown out on his ass legally. A drunk thrown out of the saloon into the mud.

I mean, when a man's gotta cry and gnash teeth and rend his garment, he's gotta cry and gnash teeth and rend his garment. Who cares what he says when he is reacting to the pain? 

But if he keeps this schtick going too long, I bet he gets slapped with this felony charge.

Michael

• Upvote 1