Canadian Politics: Boring beyond Belief, or just Dull and Tedious?

caroljane

35 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:
covid-que-vaccine-passport-20210901.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

Quebec will drop the vaccine passport entirely by March 14, the government announced Tuesday. Health Minister Christian Dubé made...

Now thats not just a dominio, thats like 100 dominos.

If Quebec is not supporting Trudeau, Trudeau has zero support.

Bet anyone dollars to donuts that Trudeau is not PM before the Ides of March.

Still think the truckers should retire gracefully Peter? 

Normandy has just been taken.

• Upvote 1

I keep hearing the following and I agree with it.

Beware when the government cancels mandates. It's not yet time to celebrate.

The government needs to be stripped of the power to issue mandates.

The oldest political trick in the book is to say, "OK. You win. No more XXXX," while keeping the power to do XXXX in the future.

Because guess what happens after a short time?

Yay!

You guessed it.

More mandates.

:) 

(Probably starting with a small one "just this once.")

Michael

• Upvote 1

Now Trudeau is praising China for its tyranny?
"There's a level of admiration I actually have for China, because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to turn their economy around on a dime..."

("Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake..."

(Video in second tweet)

!@#% TD Bank.

Canadian 'Freedom Convoy': TD Bank freezes accounts with $1.1M for trucker protest

"Attorney for the convoy says TD has been put 'on notice'"

GettyImages-1207933070.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXBUSINESS.COM

Toronto-Dominion Bank froze two personal bank accounts to support ‘Freedom Convoy' protesters in Canada who are pushing back against...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

"There's a level of admiration I actually have for China, because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to turn their economy around on a dime..."

(Video in second tweet)

D'oh!
"Xi Jinping Criticizes Trudeau's Heavy-Handed Approach"

BEIJING—Chinese President Xi Jinping has reportedly looked on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's handling of Canadian protesters with surprise, describing it as "monstrous" and "heavy-handed."

"I'm shocked by Trudeau's horrific mistreatment of his own people," said President Xi Jinping while helping himself to a jar of honey. "He's being very heavy-handed with these protesters. It's shameful!"

Xi, who polices his own people for thought crime, suggested that Trudeau try a more subtle approach. "I'm constantly throwing people in prison," he said. "But I do so discreetly while silencing anyone who speaks of it."

"Please understand," he continued. "I believe he should throw them all in camps to make shoes for the Americans. But he's openly criticizing them—giving their cause a voice."

"It's a rookie move."

article-10514-1.jpg
BABYLONBEE.COM

BEIJING - Chinese President Xi Jinping has reportedly looked on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's handling of Canadian protesters with...

• Smile 1

3 hours ago, ThatGuy said:
covid-que-vaccine-passport-20210901.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

Quebec will drop the vaccine passport entirely by March 14, the government announced Tuesday. Health Minister Christian Dubé made...

In a reply someone mentions that Quebec is preparing a digital ID that could subsume the vaccine passport... This may not be anything to be happy about.

Whenever I see people on the Right celebrating I always think of Curtis Yarvin's claim that people on the Right always think they're winning, while people on the Left always think they're losing, when in reality it's the other way around.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Dglgmut said:

In a reply someone mentions that Quebec is preparing a digital ID that could subsume the vaccine passport... This may not be anything to be happy about.

Whenever I see people on the Right celebrating I always think of Curtis Yarvin's claim that people on the Right always think they're winning, while people on the Left always think they're losing, when in reality it's the other way around.

Like I said...can't stop the antibiotics early, or the infection comes back worse...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

D'oh!
"Xi Jinping Criticizes Trudeau's Heavy-Handed Approach"

BEIJING—Chinese President Xi Jinping has reportedly looked on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's handling of Canadian protesters with surprise, describing it as "monstrous" and "heavy-handed."

"I'm shocked by Trudeau's horrific mistreatment of his own people," said President Xi Jinping while helping himself to a jar of honey. "He's being very heavy-handed with these protesters. It's shameful!"

Xi, who polices his own people for thought crime, suggested that Trudeau try a more subtle approach. "I'm constantly throwing people in prison," he said. "But I do so discreetly while silencing anyone who speaks of it."

"Please understand," he continued. "I believe he should throw them all in camps to make shoes for the Americans. But he's openly criticizing them—giving their cause a voice."

"It's a rookie move."

article-10514-1.jpg
BABYLONBEE.COM

BEIJING - Chinese President Xi Jinping has reportedly looked on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's handling of Canadian protesters with...

Thats not real right?

BabylonBee is satire, no ?

1 hour ago, ThatGuy said:

(Video in second tweet)

Trudeau Watching Old Footage Of Tiananmen Square For Ideas

article-10508-1.jpg
BABYLONBEE.COM

OTTAWA - Looking for more inspiration on how to quell the Freedom Truckers, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is reviewing hours of old...

3 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Let's just say, it's like the Onion satire site, except it's funny.

Here's a recent Jewish article from the Babylon Bee as an example:

Historians Discover Ancient Israelite Children Refused To Eat Manna Unless Mom Cut The Crust Off

article-10486-1.jpg
BABYLONBEE.COM

JERUSALEM - Historians have discovered new evidence that when God provided miraculous bread to feed the Israelites in the wilderness after their exodus from Egypt, Israelite children refused to eat the manna...

Michael

A desperate move bound to backfire; a great way to get MORE people to join the protest...

"Tow-truck operators, who have been reluctant to cooperate with the police, will also now be compelled to work with law enforcement agencies to clear Ottawa’s streets and the border crossings at Coutts, Alberta. If they don’t cooperate, they could face arrest."

merlin_201973392_6149356c-0424-48a3-adfd
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The extraordinary move allows the police to seize trucks used in blockades. And the government will formally ban demonstrations in...

• Smile 1

10 hours ago, Marc said:

Four provinces now including Ontario have stopped mandates or on the verge of.

Even freaking Quebec is not supporting Trudeaus martial law.

The military is not going to act against Canadians and the Ottawa police have in effect stood down.

This is the beginning, not the end.

" retiring gracefully" at this point is like the allied soldiers leaving Normandy after 3/4 days and saying lets go home.

Zero chance of that happening.

Sorry man. This isn't war. Not that kind, anyway. The radical lefties' tactic, we know, would be to invite confrontation with police, then tempers flare and next are street battles, burning buildings and injured truckers and police, spreading widely. I've been in crowds escalating into out of control mobs, and it is nothing noble. Any initial righteousness in the cause disappears. Already, the convoy people showed many, and us abroad, they had a good cause, superior moral character and respect for the nation and people.

Declaring martial law against a non-violent protest was THE blunder which will have consequences for this government. Why supply Trudeau with the justification for martial law, post facto, if and when this turns violent? The peaceful way, the truckers will be remembered for their courageous conviction up against a bully and dictatorial policies, not their readiness and expectation for conflict. 

As you yourself point out, provinces are already capitulating. Looks like victory to me, unless some still want revenge like vindictive radical leftists do. Stay a few days longer and make a planned, orderly withdrawal would be my advice to the truckers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

After Ford's earlier actions and statements, this is weird. So I wonder if he is looking at Trudeau's seat right now...

This is called the sharks smell blood in the water.

Michael

Ford is not a shark. He has lost virtually all of his base, and nobody cares if he says some reasonable things about the unvaxxed now, after what he has said in the past.

He may be Premier again, due to lack of alternatives. Who knows... But he will not climb any higher.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

A desperate move bound to backfire; a great way to get MORE people to join the protest...

"Tow-truck operators, who have been reluctant to cooperate with the police, will also now be compelled to work with law enforcement agencies to clear Ottawa’s streets and the border crossings at Coutts, Alberta. If they don’t cooperate, they could face arrest."

merlin_201973392_6149356c-0424-48a3-adfd
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The extraordinary move allows the police to seize trucks used in blockades. And the government will formally ban demonstrations in...

Sometimes you get a glimpse of someone's world view and you wonder if they're dumb or something. Then they do something like this and you realize, yeah, they were just really dumb the whole time.

I've actually seen a bunch of social media posts supporting Trudeau. It's crazy how many idiots are out there that have no idea they're idiots.

• Upvote 1

Marc wrote: “Still think the truckers should retire gracefully Peter?” and ”Not time to retire gracefully but time to double down and triple down on the movement.”

I know they have a just grievance. But, if they were blocking a bridge, tunnel, or road in America, they would be arrested and their trucks towed. Once again, a protest is legal and fine here or in Canada but breaking the law and infringing on the rights of others is NOT. A mob is not justified to do violence and I don’t see a causal road from a dictate to get the vaccination to breaking the law and coercively harming others. And of course I remember Howard Roark but his destructiveness was reasonable, well explained, short lived, in retaliation to a wrong, and part of a fictional plot.  

TMJ wrote: “I'll get back to you in about three more years, . . .“ end quote

These questions to everyone have only been partly answered and I am asking all reasoning people: What makes the Covid-19 shot so reprehensible to You? Why is it different?     

How many people "in any way" are harmed by a cessation of commerce, blocked roads, etc.?

Is there a place where no vaccinations are required? Do you think required shots for measles, mumps, chicken pox, shingles, etc. have taken away your rights and made you a citizen of a dictatorship?

Ayn Rand exits her New York apartment locking the door behind her. She walks towards the elevator where she sees a group of men with placards blocking the door.

“Why are you blocking my way?” she asks.

And the leader answers, “We were told by the apartment super that we need to pay our rent even though we have grievances about the way this building is run. So, we are stopping everyone from using the elevator or the stairs.”

“But I have done you no harm,” says Miss Rand.

“Doesn’t matter,” says the ringleader. “We are initiating force and coercion on you because of our grievances against the super and the landlord.”  

7 hours ago, Peter said:

But, if they were blocking a bridge, tunnel, or road in America, they would be arrested and their trucks towed.

Peter,

This is part of where you need to be more familiar with the issue.

Some of the trucks are heavy farm equipment that need industrial cranes to tow them. It's not just saying tow the trucks. Someone has to do it. And that means how. 

Besides, for the most part, the tow truckers are refusing to tow any trucks in the convoys.

When that hits America (and it's coming), I believe the issues will be the same.

So how do you propose to tow the trucks if nobody agrees to tow them?

The military?

In Canada, the military said they will not participate in moving against citizens.

Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Peter said:

These questions to everyone have only been partly answered and I am asking all reasoning people: What makes the Covid-19 shot so reprehensible to You? Why is it different?     

Peter,

Reasoning people have answered this ad nauseum going back to when Ellen was posting regularly. They have provided science papers, literature, videos and all kinds of things.

I have given you my own attempts in layman's language.

You ignore all this and simply say listen to your doctor. And when people present normal doctors giving reasons not to get the jab, you ignore them.

So that leads me to ask. Are you truly curious or are you simply making rhetorical questions to express your disbelief that people can be so stupid as to not agree with you?

If you reread the Coronavirus thread, you will come across plenty of answers to your questions. I believe all people who posted on that thread can be called "reasoning people."

Michael

• Thanks 1