Canadian Politics: Boring beyond Belief, or just Dull and Tedious?

caroljane

35 minutes ago, Strictlylogical said:

Don't take this too much as a victory.

He is likely resigning because of the criticism by the totalitarians who wanted to quash this thing quicker... who wanted him to tell his force to act illegally i.e. violate the rights of the protestors, in order to "clear up" the "occupation".

He is falling because he was more moderate and law abiding than his detractors... 

his "ouster", the manner and reasons therefor, are nothing to celebrate.

Some low IQ, goose-stepping, lapdog will take likely be appointed. 

27 minutes ago, Marc said:

Thats exactly my point about retiring gracefully.

The only victory will be the actual victory.

Nothing less.

This is only one more brick in the wall that is being removed.

26 minutes ago, Strictlylogical said:

Replaced... with a worse brick IMHO

Let's compare and contrast to the "official story"...(here, he is painted as being pro-tyrant, anti-protest, but resigned due to accusations of "bullying and volatile behavior"):

BREAKING: Ottawa Police Chief resigns: source

"Sloly reportedly resigned due to accusations of bullying and volatile behaviour."

Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly has resigned, on the 19th day of the freedom convoy in the city's downtown core.

According to the Toronto Sun's Brian Lilley, the news came from a "senior source close to the situation.

The police chief is expected to make a public announcement later on Tuesday, a source told CBC News. The CBC would later report that Sloly resigned due to accusations of bullying and volatile behaviour.

Last week, Sloly said that there was "absolutely [no]" plans to resign as police chief, telling Newstalk 580 CFRA that he "came here to do a job."

"I came here to do a job and I’m going to get that job done all the way through," he said, according to CTV News. "Absolutely committed, have a great team here, great officers, we’ve got great partners in the city. We’re going to get this done."

The police chief was criticized last week by the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms' John Carpay, who highlighted the police force's efforts to work with GoFundMe to remove funds from the Freedom Convoy truckers.

Sloly was chief of police with the Ottawa Police Service since October 28, 2019

"Chief Sloly publicly accuses the truckers of engaging in 'unlawful' and 'harmful' activities, and of promoting 'hatred' and 'violence,'" but provides no examples, facts, or arrests to support his accusations," wrote Carpay.

"The Chief calls for 'order' to be 'restored' even though 'order' has not been lost. His fact-free rhetoric includes mention of an 'increasingly volatile' and 'increasingly dangerous' situation. As though speaking for an oppressive regime, Chief Sloly has repeatedly called for an 'end' to the exercise of the fundamental Charter freedoms of expression, association and peaceful assembly by Canadians in their own capital city," he wrote.

Ottawa Police have been reached for comment.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-ottawa-police-chief-resigns-source?utm_campaign=64483

Now, this headline presents the resignation as "amid criticism of inaction", as Strictly Logical presented it...except...that's all there is at the link; just the headline?

Official: Ottawa's police chief resigns amid criticism of inaction against COVID-19 protests in Canada's capital

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Official: Ottawa's police chief resigns amid criticism of inaction against COVID-19 protests in Canada's capital

32 minutes ago, Strictlylogical said:

Replaced... with a worse brick IMHO

Yet but thats besides the point, n'est pas? 

The point is is that there will be no compromise, until victory is achieved which is what the truckers have clearly stated with their three points needed to be met.

4 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Now, this headline presents the resignation as "amid criticism of inaction", as Strictly Logical presented it...except...that's all there is at the link; just the headline?

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

I really respect anyone who does not simply go with the flow and the mantra of " following orders".

He either follows orders or quits so he retired gracefully.

Kudos.

My goodness. This thread is packing a lot of mail. Here’s my uninformed take. It’s a brisk but sunny day in Windsor; Sarnia, Ontario; Emerson, Manitoba; and Coutts in Alberta but when you rose this morning, ready to go to work, to the store, or to the doctor, people had blocked your driveway with trucks. You yell at them to leave or you are getting your shotgun and calling the cops. They yell back at you and won’t budge. They continue to block your access to the road. One of them says they are protesting, so screw you. You yell back, you can protest at the side of the road and not block me going to work. They just boo, hiss, and stoically continue to stop you, commerce, and maybe even life-saving medical supplies from being delivered. They just honk their horns right in the middle of the road.

Days and weeks drag by but then there is a ray of hope. Justin Pierre James Trudeau PC MP of Canada tells them you guys are breaking the law and I am invoking emergency powers to freeze your bank accounts. You can protest legally and safely. So, stop this! You are hurting people and infringing on their right.

“Ah, eff you Trudeau!” they yell back. “You are making us get vaccinated so we are in the right!”    

So . . .  I rule that both parties are in the wrong, but the truckers are causing more harm.

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

So . . .  I rule that both parties are in the wrong, but the truckers are causing more harm.

Peter,

Harm?

To you?

Have the truckers harmed you?

Or Trudeau? Has he harmed you?

If not, how do you know which is causing the most harm and to whom?

I'm not being hostile, just curious.

Michael

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Here’s my uninformed take

"Uninformed take."

Welp, that's all I needed to hear. ("Who could ask for anything more?")
'Nuff said.
("This has been my TED Talk...")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”― Harlan Ellison

• Smile 1

6 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Have the truckers harmed you?

Everyone in Canada and America has been harmed by the truckers. Gee, isn't it supposed to be "free enterprise?" But I will stay away from this volatile subject . . . for a while.     

24 minutes ago, Peter said:

My goodness. This thread is packing a lot of mail. Here’s my uninformed take. It’s a brisk but sunny day in Windsor; Sarnia, Ontario; Emerson, Manitoba; and Coutts in Alberta but when you rose this morning, ready to go to work, to the store, or to the doctor, people had blocked your driveway with trucks. You yell at them to leave or you are getting your shotgun and calling the cops. They yell back at you and won’t budge. They continue to block your access to the road. One of them says they are protesting, so screw you. You yell back, you can protest at the side of the road and not block me going to work. They just boo, hiss, and stoically continue to stop you, commerce, and maybe even life-saving medical supplies from being delivered. They just honk their horns right in the middle of the road.

Days and weeks drag by but then there is a ray of hope. Justin Pierre James Trudeau PC MP of Canada tells them you guys are breaking the law and I am invoking emergency powers to freeze your bank accounts. You can protest legally and safely. So, stop this! You are hurting people and infringing on their right.

“Ah, eff you Trudeau!” they yell back. “You are making us get vaccinated so we are in the right!”    

Sounds like a nice story that you are writing, a potential novelette perhaps and I would enjoy reading about that sunny day with the dialogue between folks.

In reality though people all over Toronto ( a liberal hotbed ) are high fiving and nodding to eachother and really happy andsaying things like how fantastic this is and that Trudeau has to go.

The people are in total support of the truckers and people are coming togeather more than I have ever seen in my life.

I do though agree that your view is respectfully very uninformed.

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

Everyone in Canada and America has been harmed by the truckers. Gee, isn't it supposed to be "free enterprise?" But I will stay away from this volatile subject . . . for a while.     

Normandy was volitile.

Volitile is good!

Walking drectly and quietly into an oven is what is bad.

We are the Maquisards

5 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Was anyone harmed by the lockdowns? Free enterprise and all?

Uh oh. I almost went into my Abbot and Costella routine. We are talking about, if not a collective, which is a naughty word, then a country requiring certain things of its citizens. Go the speed limit. Don't drink and drive. DO NOT TAKE AWAY THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS BY FORCE!

We require a lot of vaccines to go to school, work in the medical field, or to travel . . . even to U.S. territories like American Samoa. To see a doctor, they require proof of vaccination. I promise. I will bring it next time! So once again, I am asking all fans of Rand to think outside your box. What makes the Covid-19 shot so reprehensible to You? Why is it different?     

This sounds like a war time, military yawn, but how many truckers would be in any way harmed by a forced vaccine. A hundred? Two hundred? How many people "in any way" are harmed by a cessation of commerce, blocked roads, etc.? Millions? 

Peter,

I'm not talking about the shot.

I'm talking about compulsion and shutting down people's work.

The truckers on strike will not deliver you your goodies. But who delivers the goodies to the truckers if the government shuts them down?

And the government has been shutting them down.

Aren't truckers people, too?

:) 

That's the issue.

Michael

8 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Aren't truckers people, too?

I can’t drop it, so I will ask another question. If they don’t like the policy, why don’t the truckers stop coming across the border? Why don’t they quit their jobs, sell their trucks, and move to the land of the free? Oh. America also requires certain vaccinations? Gee. What a collectivist society. Me go to Planet Orf where a man can be free. Nanu! Nanu! Shucks, there ain’t no such place. 

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

I can’t drop it, so I will ask another question. If they don’t like the policy, why don’t the truckers stop coming across the border? Why don’t they quit their jobs, sell their trucks, and move to the land of the free? Oh. America also requires certain vaccinations? Gee. What a collectivist society. Me go to Planet Orf where a man can be free. Nanu! Nanu! Shucks, there ain’t no such place. 

Aw shit... thut we was talking 'bout principles or sum sich..

ma bad.

• Upvote 1

Peter,

You are not correctly informed about what the truckers have been going through.

Mock if you wish, but you are not mocking anything in reality. Starting with the assumption that this is over truckers not liking a government policy. From your posts, you are not aware of the issues.

In fact, ever hear of the term "raise awareness"? That's what the truckers are doing right now.

Michael

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

You are not correctly informed about what the truckers have been going through.

Michael

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Here’s my uninformed take

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

According to one poll (Rasmussen), most American voters support the truck convoys in Canada.

US Poll Finds Large Majority of American Voters Support Freedom Convoy Protests by Canadian Truckers

GOFUNDME-TRUCKERS.jpeg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

A new Rasmussen poll finds that a majority of Americans support the trucker protests in Canada against the Trudeau regime. 59% of American voters support the Canadian truckers in their Freedom...

Michael

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Peter said:

This sounds like a war time, military yawn, but how many truckers would be in any way harmed by a forced vaccine. A hundred? Two hundred? How many people "in any way" are harmed by a cessation of commerce, blocked roads, etc.? Millions? 

How many Jews would be harmed by cloaing their businesses and forcing them to wear a yellow star? 

100?

200?

How many are harmed by allowing the Jews to continue to do what they are doing in Germany?

Millions? 

Its a slippery slope my friend.

Thank God that these brave an fearless truckers ( across the globe ) see this their way, not yours.

#justsaying

• Upvote 1

I am under the impression that over 80% of the 'truckers' are vaccinated , it's not aboot the jabs, it's aboot mandates.

But Peter in answer to your query about 'this injection' , I'll get back to you in about three more years, because I have no idea about all the biologic consequences of receiving one, nor does anyone else on the planet, only liars claim to know.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, tmj said:

I am under the impression that over 80% of the 'truckers' are vaccinated , it's not aboot the jabs, it's aboot mandates.

But Peter in answer to your query about 'this injection' , I'll get back to you in about three more years, because I have no idea about all the biologic consequences of receiving one, nor does anyone else on the planet, only liars claim to know.

Aboot.

You're freaking killing me here LMFAO

• Smile 1