Donald Trump

4 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I honestly think they are going to abolish the FBI before too long.

What a relief. I have had my doubts about them since 2015. Just in case, joke, we should keep our Canadian friends as our friends in case America becomes an oppressive, authoritarian state. We may need a few good words from acquaintances here, before we illegally cross the border into Canada.   

• Smile 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

What a relief. I have had my doubts about them since 2015. Just in case, joke, we should keep our Canadian friends as our friends in case America becomes an oppressive, authoritarian state. We may need a few good words from acquaintances here, before we illegally cross the border into Canada.   

Peter would be the last one to realize that he's just been taken to the Gulag. (Or maybe he thinks that beheading Alex Jones will grant him special favor...) Didn't your mother warn you about accepting rides in boxcars from strangers?

(Last one in is rotten egg...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How do people get to this clandestine Archipelago? Hour by hour planes fly there, ships steer their course there, and trains thunder off to it-but all with nary a mark on them to tell of their destination. And at ticket windows or at travel bureaus for Soviet or foreign tourists the employees would be astounded if you were to ask for a ticket to go there. They know nothing and they've never heard of the Archipelago as a whole or of anyone of its innumerable islands."

“The Universe has as many different centers as there are living beings in it. Each of us is a center of the Universe, and that Universe is shattered when they hiss at you: ‘You are under arrest.”

“And you’ll find nothing better to respond with than a lamblike bleat: ‘Me? What for?’”

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn, THE GULAG ARCHIPELAGO

There are a lot of tweets like the following now.

This one is by a dude who used to be Tea Party, but he turned weird once he left Congress and took to the radio. Now he can't stand Trump.

But even so, he tweeted the following.

:)

I know he was hearing from the GOP voters who were cooling on Trump. He was the one cooling them. I used to listen to his radio show here in Chicago as I drove around.

Michael

And it gets sooooooooooooo much better--for us and worse for them.

You can't make that one up.

And for the record, Natalie's boss just put this out 2 minutes ago.

They are making it so damn easy to put them away later. They are showing themselves, breaking laws left and right, and establishing legal precedents galore.

And if they go off into the stupidity of an attempted assassination, they will ensure the whole country will be behind the upcoming cleanup.

It's like the predator idiots don't believe "we the people" exist.

Michael

• Upvote 1

It is certainly looking like no one can stop what is coming .

But maybe there are 'way out there things' that could be done or worked toward.

I saw where some R's tried to add an eleventh hour amendment to the current legislative package to bar the use of the 'new' IRS against people whose income is less than some arbitrary amount in the six figures. At first blush , it's like yeah protect the little guy! But in first principles think , it's supposed to be unAmerican to create a protected class added to the fact the authors of the amendment knew that effort was impotent but they could cosplay.

Perhaps what is needed is some really outrageous actions from the public at large. Tax revolts are not possible , the system took care of that a long time ago, a recognition I think was lost on many even when the "Tea Party" movement had some impetus.

But our American narrative, myth , story has its roots in that original Tea Party. The King's revenue agents were not well tolerated when abuses mounted. Tar and feathering and worse or the threat thereof had its uses. Violence and property destruction are anathema to civilized society  , to a society geared toward the protection of individual rights and human flourishing, but in hindsight toward a more 'primitive' time a little more 'excusable' ( in the sense that I am grateful beyond belief to have been born in the US in this time and that I selfishly relish those actions if they had any agency in creating this 'place').

Perhaps we can take the advantages of modernity and bend them to our favor. Could it be possible to mount a per-emptive strike against modern day revenue agents , abort them in the zygote stage ? Could Judicial Watch or some such adjacent organization use FOIA arguments/techniques to request data on the applicants for these newly created positions ? Use crowd sourcing techniques and MAGA( the ultra kind) enthusiasm to wage a campaign in the public's sight ?  Direct shame and scorn against those individuals , not to cause violence against them but to try and keep the positions 'less' filled. Of course this could have the opposite effect , perhaps, of funneling the most enthusiastic applicants to redouble their efforts , but at least we will be able to more easily identify the true sadists in our midst.

Anyway just riffing , and the Uniparty has no compunction against 'lawfare' and skirting the 'letter of the Law' , maybe we shouldn't either.

If it is so simple to see this as a misstep, and something that will backfire, and something with really bad timing... I get to wondering, why on earth would they risk it?  and...

The principle (I hate to say it like that) of the deployment of "Useful Idiots" does not depend upon the socio-economic position of the Idiot, only on the intelligence and information hierarchy... i.e. it depends on the manipulated not being as smart as and possessing less information (or simply missing some important information) than the manipulator, and does not know they are being manipulated (or at least does not know in what respect they are being manipulated).  With multiple agitators. agents, tipsters etc. persons on the inside and on the outside... a 4D chess-player /kung-fu master (and yes I am mixing metaphors) should be able to execute a feint and lure a premature and misguided attack without an opponent ever knowing it... a fatal mistake of an attack before... BOOM counter attack.

What if the MAGA Genius Generals or the Chief himself had people "tip" to the Corrupted on the inside, about some juicy, irresistible things lurking in Mar a Lago... and hinted it as a way to disqualify running for 2024 based on it... and spun a story that painted a path to the promised land of Re-establishing the Deep State in all its former glory or beyond...  but was a complete albeit plausible fabrication...

what if it were all sparked by an irresistible ruse?

1 hour ago, tmj said:

It is certainly looking like no one can stop what is coming .

But maybe there are 'way out there things' that could be done or worked toward.

I saw where some R's tried to add an eleventh hour amendment to the current legislative package to bar the use of the 'new' IRS against people whose income is less than some arbitrary amount in the six figures. At first blush , it's like yeah protect the little guy! But in first principles think , it's supposed to be unAmerican to create a protected class added to the fact the authors of the amendment knew that effort was impotent but they could cosplay.

Perhaps what is needed is some really outrageous actions from the public at large. Tax revolts are not possible , the system took care of that a long time ago, a recognition I think was lost on many even when the "Tea Party" movement had some impetus.

But our American narrative, myth , story has its roots in that original Tea Party. The King's revenue agents were not well tolerated when abuses mounted. Tar and feathering and worse or the threat thereof had its uses. Violence and property destruction are anathema to civilized society  , to a society geared toward the protection of individual rights and human flourishing, but in hindsight toward a more 'primitive' time a little more 'excusable' ( in the sense that I am grateful beyond belief to have been born in the US in this time and that I selfishly relish those actions if they had any agency in creating this 'place').

Perhaps we can take the advantages of modernity and bend them to our favor. Could it be possible to mount a per-emptive strike against modern day revenue agents , abort them in the zygote stage ? Could Judicial Watch or some such adjacent organization use FOIA arguments/techniques to request data on the applicants for these newly created positions ? Use crowd sourcing techniques and MAGA( the ultra kind) enthusiasm to wage a campaign in the public's sight ?  Direct shame and scorn against those individuals , not to cause violence against them but to try and keep the positions 'less' filled. Of course this could have the opposite effect , perhaps, of funneling the most enthusiastic applicants to redouble their efforts , but at least we will be able to more easily identify the true sadists in our midst.

Anyway just riffing , and the Uniparty has no compunction against 'lawfare' and skirting the 'letter of the Law' , maybe we shouldn't either.

Compare and contrast witht he history of the Communist "intensification of struggle" and the Left's use of it today...

1 hour ago, Strictlylogical said:

If it is so simple to see this as a misstep, and something that will backfire, and something with really bad timing... I get to wondering, why on earth would they risk it?  and...

The principle (I hate to say it like that) of the deployment of "Useful Idiots" does not depend upon the socio-economic position of the Idiot, only on the intelligence and information hierarchy... i.e. it depends on the manipulated not being as smart as and possessing less information (or simply missing some important information) than the manipulator, and does not know they are being manipulated (or at least does not know in what respect they are being manipulated).  With multiple agitators. agents, tipsters etc. persons on the inside and on the outside... a 4D chess-player /kung-fu master (and yes I am mixing metaphors) should be able to execute a feint and lure a premature and misguided attack without an opponent ever knowing it... a fatal mistake of an attack before... BOOM counter attack.

What if the MAGA Genius Generals or the Chief himself had people "tip" to the Corrupted on the inside, about some juicy, irresistible things lurking in Mar a Lago... and hinted it as a way to disqualify running for 2024 based on it... and spun a story that painted a path to the promised land of Re-establishing the Deep State in all its former glory or beyond...  but was a complete albeit plausible fabrication...

what if it were all sparked by an irresistible ruse?

All I know is that Trump has been multiple steps ahead since day 1 and still is.

The victory is ours, it has already been won and the losers are fighting with everything they got.

The Nazis dis those death marches at the end, same thing.

9 hours ago, Peter said:

We are a more oppressive up here, especially in Ontario and Quebec.

Either way The People here and there are one.

From Marcy Wheeler:

41 minutes ago, Marc said:

We are a more oppressive up here, especially in Ontario and Quebec.

Either way The People here and there are one

Well said Marc. I am dreading the moment the FBI starts using "whatever they found in Trump's home" and hand it over / leak it, to the leftist agitators out there. I think this is an attempt to nullify Trump's run in 2024 and to shave some points off the thrashing the democrats will "hopefully" receive from the November 2022 midterm elections.

My second concern is that Joe Biden may have had things happen behind his back, or this raid on President Trump's home occurred with Joe saying SURE without knowing the implications of what he was OK'ing. And there could be a smidgeon of revenge for the follies of his son, Humble Hunter.   

I am against initiating violence, and I hope the supporters of President Trump will do nothing rash. Think it through guys. I am still getting a lot of appeals for money from "official Trump sites," so I think our former President has something in mind, as others have mentioned. 

• Upvote 1

The FBI raid on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home: Who knew what and when? John Bowden Tue, August 9, 2022 at 10:34 AM

The White House and the president appeared to have been caught off-guard, like everyone else, by the news. That’s how it’s supposed to work, as the Justice Department typically operates independently from the White House despite being part of the Executive Branch. Senior White House officials told reporters for various media outlets Monday evening that the West Wing had no advance notice of the raid . . . .

3 hours ago, tmj said:

Perhaps we can take the advantages of modernity and bend them to our favor. Could it be possible to mount a per-emptive strike against modern day revenue agents , abort them in the zygote stage ?

T,

This is easy-peasy. And, I believe, it's doable. You already gave the answer at the end of your post: lawfare.

3 hours ago, tmj said:

All it needs is for the word to get out and a few wealthy people or corporations to fund it.

The IRS is no threat against a collective. It is only a thread against individuals.

You know who beat the IRS and sent them packing with their tails between their legs? David Miscavige of Scientology, of all people. The IRS had removed Scientology's status as a religion. So what did the Scientology people do?

Every single person who had to pay a tax to the IRS opened up a lawsuit against the IRS. The Church of Scientology paid for the legal costs. Everybody knew they would not win in most cases, but it didn't matter. Scientology at the time had thousands and thousands and thousands of people who did this and it gummed up the IRS. It ate up their budget in legal fees, paralyzed their agents with temporary injunctions, and on and on and on.

The outcome? The IRS leader at the time held a private meeting with Miscavige and they made a deal. No more lawsuits and Scientology gets it religious status back. They did it quietly, too.

This is part of the literature about Scientology, so it's easy to find. Look it up. I think you will be greatly amused.

(btw - I'm no fan of Scientology, but man did they do that one right. :) )

Now think of this. MAGA is made up of at least 100 million people.

At least.

What if only one percent of them sues the IRS once these new IRS agents get released and they start persecuting the political enemies of the predator class (meaning MAGA people)?

It doesn't matter what the reason to sue is. Nor does it matter if the person loses. The fact is, one million lawsuits are one millions lawsuit. Just get a few people with deep pockets to agree to cover the legal bills, and get people of all stripes and varieties to agree to sue the IRS for free. Boom. The IRS is paralyzed and the people at the top stop sleeping since they will not be able to collect normal taxes. That is exactly what happened in the Scientology case.

With rich people paying, that means anyone of any financial standing will be able to sue.

Would you sue the IRS if someone else would pick up the tab for the legal fees? Especially if you knew there were projected 9,999,999 other lawsuits being filed?

I would. Suing is a right for any US citizen.

All we need to do is sell this idea to a few well-placed folks and it will develop from there on its own.

Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Scientology at the time had thousands and thousands and thousands of people who did this and it gummed up the IRS. It ate up their budget in legal fees, paralyzed their agents with temporary injunctions, and on and on and on.

"Flood the courts and jails", a la Thoreau. Massive, passive civil disobedience.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And if they go off into the stupidity of an attempted assassination, they will ensure the whole country will be behind the upcoming cleanup.

Ex-NYPD Commissioner Warns Democrats Will Kill Trump If FBI Raid Fails

A former NYPD commissioner has warned that Democrats will attempt to kill President Donald Trump if Monday’s FBI raid on his Mar-a-Lago home fails to spark criminal charges and block him from running for re-election in 2024.

"Ex-New York City Police Department Commissioner Bernard Kerik warned that he is 'deathly afraid' for the 45th president after the feds descended on Trump’s Florida residence yesterday morning.

"In a statement on Twitter, Kerik warned that the Democrats’ 'next step' to 'stop' Trump 'will be assassination.'

“'And just like in other Third World countries, if today’s raid by Biden’s FBI does not stop Donald Trump from running for president in 2024, their next move will be Assassination,' Kerik said."

(full article here:)

bernard-kerik-nypd-trump-assassination.j
SLAYNEWS.COM

A former NYPD commissioner has warned that Democrats will attempt to kill President Donald Trump if Monday's FBI raid on his Mar-a-Lago...

Deep State Burns Its Bridges to Get Trump—and Now It's Fighting for Its Life

"But even if the Deep State were to succeed, they have already burnt their bridges by creating this precedent. The path is now wide open for either a returning President Trump or a newly minted President DeSantis to investigate Joe “The Big Guy” Biden and his possible history of pay for play. What a rich target, given Hunter’s lack of discretion about how the family became so wealthy on a government salary. Ditto for Nancy “I Rip Up State of the Union Addresses” Pelosi, the most amazing investor in stock market history. And what about those sexual harassment charges against old Joe?  No more “let the defeated opposition party leave town in peace” after they lose an election. When you play this high-stakes game, you had better come with very clean hands. While Trump may have been too much of a Mr. Nice Guy when it came to prosecuting his opponents, Gov. DeSantis can play hardball with the best of them."

(full article here:)

AP_17097834411303-1200x630.jpg
PJMEDIA.COM

What are we to make of 30 or so FBI agents raiding President Trump’s Florida home to collect maybe 35 boxes of records for what is...

5 hours ago, Peter said:

I am against initiating violence, and I hope the supporters of President Trump will do nothing rash. Think it through guys.

Yeah, those damn Trump supporters always initiating violence, and-hey, waitaminute....

• Smile 1