Donald Trump

What are the chances they are trying to force him to announce sooner than he thinks is the optimal time. Given alleged ‘space’ for candidates. Trying to start him spending earlier , bleed him out . They most likely don’t have a way to prosecute an insurrection/sedition/incitement charge so running wont be legally barred. 

There's another silver lining to this story.

A lot of the Biden and Clinton people are going to have to go to prison.

A huge argument against this has always been present, but never stated. It's that we don't persecute former Presidents and other high office officials. We don't send law enforcement after them.

Well, who just broke that precedent big time?

The Dems did.

Now, like what happened when the Dems eliminated the filibuster in the Senate to pass a Supreme Court Justice, and this resulted in the current conservative composition of SCOTUS, I can't wait until they see what they have done.

Nothing beats comeuppance for the bad guys for a good story ending.

:)

Michael

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

A huge argument against this has always been present, but never stated. It's that we don't persecute former Presidents and other high office officials. We don't send law enforcement after them.

Well, who just broke that precedent big time?

The Dems did.

Yes. PJ Media just pointed out that same thing, as well: "Unprecedented".
I mean, they used to talk about doing that to Bush Jr, but even then, they wound up doing photo ops with him and Obama, instead...

BREAKING: FBI Raids Trump’s Home at Mar-A-Lago

Unprecedented.

a859f413-cee8-4d4e-9748-c0ce51ddc076-120
PJMEDIA.COM

In a statement released on Monday, Donald Trump revealed that the FBI raided his Mar-a-Lago home. “These are dark times for our Nation, as...

Even squishy Fox-dude Brian Kilmeade. 

It sounds like he is fed up with being squishy to appease the new bosses at Fox.

This is a small touch of signal, not noise.

The FBI raid on Trump's home went too far for squishes.

Kilmeade is representative of squishes, not fringe.

I bet the entire independent middle moves hard against the FBI, predator class, Biden, etc. Not just speaks. Instead, moves.

The Biden folks fucked this one up from here to Kingdom Come.

Michael

• Upvote 1

Speculative information as to "why today", re August 8th (see image for more text):

“Attorney General Garland and Director Wray, simply put, based on the allegations that I’ve received from numerous whistleblowers, you have systematic and existential problems within your agencies. You have an obligation to this country to take these allegations seriously, immediately investigate and takes steps to institute fixes to theses and other matters before you.

“In light of the serious allegations and my ongoing investigation into Justice Department and FBI misconduct, I expect you to provide the following no later than August 8, 2022, as a preliminary matter so that Congress can perform and objective and independent review of the alleged misconduct…”

uc?id=1a8V3wXBxGhO-Oa91c4_EZilKTvEHGKjE

Our computer was down earlier today, and we will need a new TV box. Wow, I am late. I see a whole lot of texts about President Trump on OL, so this may have been covered but 87,000 new IRS agents are being hired. Are they going to be used primarily against Republicans? Probably, but anyone who is against Biden, or whoever is against the democrat running in 2024, may be audited. And the FBI raids a former President’s home. It almost sounds like a plot to steal the 2022 elections this November AND to disqualify President Trump from running in 2024.

Sorry. Now I will read what others are thinking on the Trump site. Oh well. A lot of the above was covered but that is what I was thinking. Peter   

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And that drop was small and the bucket is huge, a tank, actually...

It may be wise to listen to Dan Bongino, the guy who replaced Rush LImbaugh, tomorrow. I saw a lot of protesters near Trump's home in Florida.

Ah. Here it comes. This is another take on the attack on America, from Monday evening on Aug. 8.

From The Washington Examiner: Trump disqualified from holding office? Clinton-linked lawyer points to US Code after FBI raid Daniel Chaitin - Yesterday 8:58 PM. With news of the FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago, buzz quickly bubbled up Monday evening about whether former President Donald Trump could be disqualified from office again. The FBI search of the Florida resort was related to Trump's handling of presidential records, including classified documents, after leaving office, sources told CNN.

Elias, the top lawyer for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign who has drawn scrutiny for his role in pushing Trump-Russia collusion claims, pointing to U.S. Code Title 18, Section 2071. "The media is missing the really, really big reason why the raid today is a potential blockbuster in American politics," Elias said in a tweet. The passage that says anyone "having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States," was the one he highlighted.

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

A lot of the Biden and Clinton people are going to have to go to prison.

It could conceivably happen, but I'd want to go over any details -- although I probably would settle for semi-plausible fiction in a treatment or scenario form. Enough details to catch interest or hold suspense, of course.

So, particulars -- how might it happen, which 'lot' are credibly accused of what crimes, who may soon be under criminal investigation or grand jury scrutiny? How many steps need be taken before raids, subpoenas and indictments?

I forgot how many committees of benghazi bloomed, sank, and bloomed again, committees which very closely questioned Mrs Lock-Up. It probably doesn't matter. What is a fresh congress without a lot of new, powerful stern, serious committee hearings and investigations?

But there is reason to think that a GOP majority in the US House would open up some inquiries -- and perhaps, like the present committee-of-benghazi codename J6 -- discover behaviour that prompts referral to the DOJ.  That DOJ could unleash the power of a newly revised or reconstituted Executive Office of Investigation once Trump is able to take office again and purge the FBI and its parent agency. 

Here's the signs I'd look for, besides more benghazi kabuki: pardons, subpoenas, arrests, trials and convictions.  And hey, more raids.

I wager that if Biden issues a half-dozen or more pre-emptive pardons for as-yet-unnamed targets or indicted gang members, that's the only real sign we'd need. If he pardons a former campaign manager (but not the deputy), or his equivalent of Roger Stone or Steve Bannon, and so on ... the game is afoot (watch out too for who Biden does not pardon, like his equivalent to Trump's Michael Cohen or Rudy Giuliani).

Somebody hand me that list of all the recent raids on Trump-executive figures. I blank out after Jeffrey Clark and Peter Navarro.

Among the greatest features of living in a reasonably-rambunctious Open Society are the gales of opinion that attend something historic like this, a 'siege,' an FBI search-and-seizure on a presidential residence. It's almost crazy out there, people of OL. The headlines have triggered emotion, some high, some low.

Looking ahead to 2024, I am left wondering if this latest addition to Candidate Baggage Allowance would peel off an independent or doubter or two from choosing Trump Airlines again? 

That turncoat weasel Maggie Haberman pretends she still has sources in Trump world, but I think she knits in cabbage where you'd expect strong wool. For example in this New York Times story (free from a benefactor) she doesn't quite completely tell readers anything that wasn't already known. At best, she offers a laconic recitation of possible consequences of fucking with official  records or classified material, which belong to the nation. 

[...]

Samuel R. Berger, a national security adviser to President Bill Clinton, pleaded guilty in 2015 to a misdemeanor charge for removing classified material from a government archive. In 2007, Donald Keyser, an Asia expert and former senior State Department official, was sentenced to prison after he confessed to keeping more than 3,000 sensitive documents — ranging from the classified to the top secret — in his basement.

In 1999, the Central Intelligence Agency announced it had suspended the security clearance of its former director, John M. Deutch, after concluding that he had improperly handled national secrets on a desktop computer at his home.

In January of this year, the archives retrieved 15 boxes that Mr. Trump had taken with him to Mar-a-Lago from the White House residence when his term ended. The boxes included material subject to the Presidential Records Act, which requires that all documents and records pertaining to official business be turned over to the archives.

The items in the boxes included documents, mementos, gifts and letters. The archives did not describe the classified material it found other than to say that it was “classified national security information.”

Because the National Archives “identified classified information in the boxes,” the agency “has been in communication with the Department of Justice,” David S. Ferriero, the national archivist, told Congress at the time.

Federal prosecutors subsequently began a grand jury investigation, according to two people briefed on the matter. Prosecutors issued a subpoena earlier this year to the archives to obtain the boxes of classified documents, according to the two people familiar with the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.

The authorities also made interview requests to people who worked in the White House in the final days of Mr. Trump’s presidency, according to one of the people.

I mean, we knew the movers, those scamps, packed up a bit too much in the thrilling last days of Trumps's  term. And we knew that the Archives got some of what they requested, once the post-presidential operations were established at Mar-a-Lago.

So, what's new besides 'people familiar' telling us about a grand jury?

Did some Milley-like creature or current low-level staffer get called in to be questioned before them? 

This kind of event in America says a few things. One take-away is that the raucous debate and theatrics mean fuck all to the federal magistrate who signed the warrant. Nobody is above the law. Sad day and all that, though. Search and seize national secrets. Who will be the first to suggest it is Dirt on foreign leaders?

On the news Richter Scale, I say kaboom**.  On the Trump-bejangled outer limits, some well-wrought expressions of anger and dismay; At patriots.win, a spirited response:

thedonald-icon-144x144.png
PATRIOTS.WIN

The Donald is a never-ending rally of patriots dedicated to the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump.

____

** a batch and a half of histrionic legacy and mid-range media (including Trump-friendly outlets) having a large spasm, via aggregator Memeorandum.com snapshot URL just now.

Spoiler

New York Times:
F.B.I. Searches Trump's Home in Florida  —  The former president said in a statement that Mar-a-Lago had been “raided, and occupied by a large group of F.B.I. agents.”  —  Former President Donald J. Trump said on Monday that the F.B.I. had searched his Palm Beach, Fla., home and had broken open a safe …
Discussion:
John Hinderaker / Power Line:   The FBI Raids Trump
Rebecca Beitsch / KAMR:   Trump says FBI raided Mar-a-Lago
RELATED:
i91.jpgKaitlan Collins / CNN:
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-a-Lago, Trump says  —  The FBI executed a search warrant on Monday at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, the former President confirms to CNN.
Discussion:
i5.jpgMike Allen / Axios:
Exclusive photos: Trump's telltale toilet  —  Remember our toilet scoop in Axios AM earlier this year?  Maggie Haberman's forthcoming book about former President Trump will report that White House residence staff periodically found wads of paper clogging a toilet — and believed the former president …
Discussion:
i95.jpgMarc Caputo / NBC News:
Trump says his Mar-a-Lago home was ‘raided’ by ‘large group of FBI agents’  —  MIAMI — Former President Donald Trump said in a statement Monday that his home at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, was “raided” by “a large group of FBI agents.”  —  Trump also claimed the presence of law enforcement …
Discussion:
i98.jpgWashington Post:
FBI searches Trump safe at Mar-a-Lago Club, former president says  —  A person familiar with the investigation said the search was court-authorized, related to the potential mishandling of classified documents  —  Former president Donald Trump said Monday that the FBI had raided his Mar …
Axios:
Trump says Mar-a-Lago raided by FBI  —  Former President Trump in a statement Monday said his Mar-a-Lago resort has been raided by FBI agents. … - “After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate,” Trump said.
i101.jpgPolitico:
FBI searches Mar-a-Lago, Trump says  —  The FBI searched the Mar-a-Lago home of Donald Trump, the former president said in a statement.  —  “They even broke into my safe,” Trump said in a lengthy statement describing it as a “raid.”  —  Two sources familiar with the search said it was related …
i99.jpgJose Pagliery / The Daily Beast:
Trump Confirms FBI Raid on Mar-a-Lago: ‘These Are Dark Times’  —  The former president said a group of FBI agents had descended on his Florida home, calling it “a weaponization of the Justice System.”  —  A team of FBI agents raided former President Donald Trump's oceanside Florida estate of Mar-a-Lago on Monday.
CNBC:
Trump says the FBI raided his Mar-a-Lago home
Discussion:
i11.jpgNew Yorker: #NYer
Inside the War Between Trump and His Generals  —  How Mark Milley and others in the Pentagon handled the national-security threat posed by their own Commander-in-Chief.  —  In the summer of 2017, after just half a year in the White House, Donald Trump flew to Paris for Bastille …
Discussion:
Alexander Ward / Politico:   Did Milley cross a civ-mil line?
RELATED:
i32.jpgMichael D. Shear / New York Times:
New Book Chronicles Trump's Fraught Relationship With Top Military Officials

Ground.news roundup of the FBI search and seize mission; I took a look at Drudge, which I don't often do, and you'll never guess what they did with their main image.

If this was not such a big news day out of Mar-a-Lago, General Milley's hustle or the TDG Generals quotes gathered together for the New Yorker hit-piece would be the big fake deal. That story, it's everything a guy dreads, Trump asking his generals about loyalty. 

Edited by william.scherk
It it ... headines, hustle

24 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

So, particulars -- how might it it happen,

William,

You want a list of particulars about, say, the vast number of 2020 election crimes? About the coronavirus crimes and deaths popping up all over the place? About the graft and embezzlement with military contracts? About funding bioweapons under the radar? About the crimes against the Trump campaigns (both) and his administration? (Spying on a President, for example, is illegal, duh.) And on and on and on?

I could keep listing things, but where have you been for the last couple of years? Don't you know any of this stuff? Excuse me for saying so, but that's pretty unaware, don't you think?

For at least 2 years the news has talked about nothing but this stuff. Here on OL, too. And you have even participated. Not to mention lawsuits all over America. 

What are you? Eternal, or at least a person with untold time to waste, and with a faulty memory so bad, you can't remember anything? 

I have my own memory troubles, but nothing like that. Maybe you should take some vitamins or something. 

:evil: 

Heh...

Dream on.

There's a reason I don't do this crap anymore.

I like the banter, though. And I appreciate your skill in copy/pasting RSS news feeds...

Michael

Coming from Kevin McCarthy, I don't know if the following means much:

image.png

But, like I mentioned above about squishes. I think this FBI raid was too much for the squishes like Brian Kilmeade of Fox. McCarthy is a squish in the Kilmeade variety, so this time, this probably means something. The raid might have even scared him when thinking about his own behind.

Besides, this rhetoric is awesome for anyone who wants to be Speaker of the House next year.

Michael

This is what I'm worried about - that they're going to try to manufacture something, having failed to find anything real.

(Full headline:

UPDATE: Stasi-FBI Swooped Through President Trump’s Home — Grabbing Boxes without Going Through Them or Knowing What’s In Them — TO GO THROUGH LATER AND MANUFACTURE A CRIME)

mar-a-lago-trump-fbi.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

President Trump’s home Mar-a-Lago was RAIDED BY THE FBI on Monday night. President Trump released a statement moments ago. “Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United...

Ellen

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I predict this is going to grow until it becomes a real thing in the culture.

Here is another:

Because of this subject, though, this will be like the smoldering out in the prairie. You don't see it. But when the right gust of wind comes along, it turns into a raging fire.

This will complement nicely "Defund the FBI."

I honestly think they are going to abolish the FBI before too long.

Michael