Donald Trump

I forgot to mention something about this entire 1-6 Kangaroo Kourt business. Trump has said, once back in power, he is going to pardon those suffering from abuse of power. I assume that means those who "confessed" due to torture and/or intimidation.

So what's happening right now might be legal in form, it's bullshit that will eventually go bye-bye.

Michael

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Another remarkable 'first' ... one of the people charged -- an Oath Keeper -- has pleaded guilty to Seditious Conspiracy.

From the Capitol Breach cases files: 

joshuaJames-CapitolBreach-Page.png

-- Statement of offence: https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1479561/download

-- deep-dive analysis from the Empty Wheel blog, by Marci Wheeler:

[...]Perhaps the most interesting detail of the statement describes a plan to report to White House grounds and secure the perimeter.

In the weeks leading up to January 6, 2021, Rhodes instructed James and other coconspirators to be prepared, if called upon, to report to the White House grounds to secure the perimeter and use lethal force if necessary against anyone who tried to remove President Trump from the White House, including the National Guard or other government actors who might be sent to remove President Trump as a result of the Presidential Election.

The “if called upon” language reflects some of what we’ve seen in Rhodes’ (and the Oath Keepers’) ideology generally — that they believed they would become a legal militia once the President called on them. It reflects the contingent nature of the preparedness, something Rhodes has already tried to use to undercut the charges. But it also raises questions about why James and others, after having “provided security” for Roger Stone at the Willard the morning of the riot, hung around the Mayflower Hotel until the Capitol was breached. That is, they may have remained close to the White House that day until Rhodes decided there were more immediate objectives. All of which makes me more interested in whether the Oath Keepers brought weapons into DC that day.

Finally, there are the interesting details that aren’t in this statement, but which surely are key aspects of James’ cooperation. As noted above, the statement describes James’ contacts with Mike Simmons after 2:00PM. But we know those communications started earlier, at least by 10:06AM, when James was with Roger Stone.

Every-Move-He-Makes-1030x90.png

Not-getting-VIP-Treatment-1030x166.png

Then there’s a comment from the indictment that doesn’t show up in this statement, in which James shares his opinion with “another individual” that Joe Biden’s inauguration would lead to “Civil War 2.0.”

On Inauguration Day, January 20, 2021, JAMES messaged another individual, “After this .. .if nothing happens .. .its war … Civil War 2.0.”

This statement has far more details showing that James was taking steps to prepare for such a civil war. But this detail of reflecting intent doesn’t appear in it.

Which is to say, there’s a lot here for Stewart Rhodes and others to see, to entice them to follow James’ lead in pleading.

But there’s a lot left unsaid to make others worry.

What, me worrry?

Spoiler

rogerStoneJoshuaJames.png

Edited by william.scherk
Added 'Capitol Breach cases files'

Here's an update from Julie Kelly on one of the accused who committed suicide.

FKppd.qR4e.1.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

Julie Kelly on 6 Jan. Legal Updates

This guy essentially turned himself into the FBI once he learned they were searching for him and he eventually confessed to an obstruction charge and some misdemeanors. Then hell started.

He was not in jail when he committed suicide, but he and his family were hounded relentlessly by the press. After all was settled and he had reconciled himself to a few months of jail, the authorities said they were seeking additional "sentencing enhancements" to make him spend 4 years in prison.

That was too much and the guy checked out.

Here are Julie's two recent articles about Mathew Perna for American Greatness.

GettyImages-1236642660.jpg
AMGREATNESS.COM

Matthew Perna did nothing wrong on January 6, 2021. The Pennsylvania man walked through an open door on the Senate side of the building shortly before 3 p.m. that afternoon. Capitol police…

GettyImages-1238070720.jpg
AMGREATNESS.COM

Matthew Perna’s heartbroken family will say goodbye to him this week. After more than a year of enduring nonstop torment by the U.S. Justice Department, the D.C. District Court, and the news...

It's an infuriating story.

Wait until the abusers of power see that very power turned on them for their abuse crimes.

Michael

Item!

A fiendish attempt by the committee of benghazi grab a headline? A huffing and puffing to spook folks who worked hard to stop Biden's inauguration? An 'at this time we believe' wishcasting -- that this committee of benghazi can nail the 'overlords and minions who sought to overturn the results of the 2020 Election? Impotent blather? 

Probably impotent blather, in terms of eventual criminal charges against Donald Trump.

The filing that is highlighted in the Ground News summary below is available here; it's a procedural/opposition motion by the defendants, the committee of benghazi itself, well-larded with conclusory statements, hints, broad claims and promises.

This item is subject to much hoopla** ...

johnEastman-suit-filing-cover-page.png

-- lard like this is likely why there is hoopla.

johnEastman-suit-filing-excerptPg1.png

johnEastman-suit-filing-excerptPg2.png

Exhibit B, excerpted from an interview with Richard Donoghue.

webMetaImg?v=1
GROUND.NEWS

The panel investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riots says it has evidence that former President Donald Trump and his campaign team committed crimes in their efforts to overturn the presidential election results.

** Mostly from the loosely-designated enemies of the people, via date-stamped Memeorandum:

Spoiler
Washington Post:
Jan. 6 committee alleges Trump, allies engaged in potential ‘criminal conspiracy’ by trying to block Congress from certifying election  —  Lawyers for the House panel investigating the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the Capitol said in a court filing Wednesday that former president Donald Trump …
Discussion:
RELATED:
i1.jpgNew York Times:
Jan. 6 Committee Lays Out Potential Criminal Charges Against Trump
Discussion:

Edited by william.scherk
Lard like this is

On 1/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, william.scherk said:

[T]here are two 'Rashomon' narratives of the notorious December 18 2020 meetings in the White House -- from Jonathan Swann's "How it Happened: Off the Rails" series of articles and audio podcasts at Axios --and from Patrick Byrne at his own Deep Capture site.

The Rashomon stories of President Trump's break-up with Attorney-General Bill Barr are joined by a fresh 'essay' by Bill Barr himself in the Wall Street Journal today.

No surprises but much self-serving detail. Compare and contrast, as Mrs Wriggle says. Did the enemies of the people get it right, or is it all a concatenation of lies, fibs and truthy hyperbole?

The ground covered by Barr was first explored by Jonathan Swann in a podcast "Part III" and a long-for-Axios 'Deep Dive' feature "Off the Rails" ...

1610771641439.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

How Trump torched what was arguably the most consequential relationship in his Cabinet.

What I wonder about is HOW MANY of those bastards in the White House phoned it in with a wink and a nod from Barr?  Did they coordinate their stories?

Edited by william.scherk

All one needs to know about Bill Barr's integrity is that he says Epstein definitely killed himself.

Former AG Bill Barr Dispels Theories That Jeffrey Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself

image.png

Horrible coincidence of fuck-ups and only that.

Nothing more.

Nothing to see, nothing at all.

Move on, people...

:)

(more bagpipe music)...

Michael

On 3/2/2022 at 3:11 PM, william.scherk said:
On 2/22/2022 at 2:45 PM, william.scherk said:

Apparently the US DOJ has a "global" discovery plan for January 6 Capitol Breach defendants

The first trial is about to begin ...

The first trial is over, the verdict in, sentencing ahead.

Previously, on the topic of Voting Machine Systems defamation action,  the judgement went against those contesting Dominion's suit.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, william.scherk said:

[Quoting] A lawyer for Powell, Howard Kleinhendler, expressed disappointment in the decision, but signaled that the ruling opened up the possibility of court-ordered access to information about Dominion’s machines and how they performed last fall.

“We are disappointed with the Court’s decision,” Kleinhendler said in a statement. “However, we now look forward to litigating this case on its merits and proving that Ms. Powell’s statements were accurate and certainly not published with malice. We also anticipate taking full discovery of Dominion including a thorough review of its election software and machines used in the 2020 election.”

Today it is reported that the judge in Smartmatic's lawsuit against FoxNews ruled against their motion to dismiss, and in his ruling made some unusual commentary. As reported by Mediaite ...

[...] The judge presiding over Smartmatic’s defamation lawsuit against Fox News cited Tucker Carlson’s rejection of claims the 2020 election was rigged as the evidence that the network acted with “actual malice” against Smartmatic by broadcasting false claims about the election.

New York Supreme Court Judge David Cohen released a 61 page ruling on Wednesday denying Fox News’ motion to dismiss Smartmatic’s $2.7 billion lawsuit. The company filed the suit after the 2020 election, claiming Fox damaged their reputation by airing unsubstantiated allegations that Smartmatic was part of a massive conspiracy to fraudulently swing ballots away from former President Donald Trump.

[...]

More at the link.

Tucker-Carlson-Tonight-01_00_01-AM.jpg
WWW.MEDIAITE.COM

The judge presiding over Smartmatic's lawsuit against Fox News called out Tucker Carlson and Rudy Giuliani for crafting the legal grounds of actual malice.

On 3/3/2022 at 4:06 PM, william.scherk said:

The ground covered by Barr was first explored by Jonathan Swann in a podcast "Part III" and a long-for-Axios 'Deep Dive' feature "Off the Rails" ...

1610771641439.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

How Trump torched what was arguably the most consequential relationship in his Cabinet.

Trump Trashes Barr. A headline with a little bit of oomph from Axios. Contains the three-page letter Trump sent to Lester Holt as a followup to his Barr interview. 

1646650307340.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

"I would imagine that if the book is anything like him, it will be long, slow, and very boring,"

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21397048/trumpholt.pdf

Spoiler

I expect that practically nobody in MAGA world will buy Barr's book, and few from the radical Democrat cohort will buy the book either, so who is he trying to sell to, beyond the kind of people who buy insider pseudo-biographies?  I guess this is Barr's way of getting a page or two in for the 'first draft of history' ... 

barrTOC.png

I note that everyone who has interviewed Barr gets to asking about "the juicy parts." 

Gossip!

A bit of the Kindle version I copped from the Amazon site:

Bill Barr's 'I am a big old toad' book, Kindle extract 

Funny how the available extract is from the 'juicy part' ...

I was going to post some of this stuff about Bill Barr, including Trump's letter to Holt, but I thought, why bother? Bill Barr is going the way of the dodo bird in world events.

Also, I was going to post the following and did not post it for the same reason.

But right now, it feels right. So here goes.

“Nothing Gets Me Worked Up as Much as These Guys, Scum of Bush, Who Are Just Complete Filth and Trash” – Steve Bannon Goes Off on Turncoat Bill Barr (VIDEO)

bannon-chris-wray-.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Steve Bannon went off on sell-out Bill Barr on Tuesday’s show. This was after the former Attorney General turned on Trump and landed on the liberal media guest list to push his new book. Steve...

Scum of Bush. Complete filth and trash.

I like it.

Moving away from rhetorical excesses, I think Trump is right. Barr did not look into the ANTIFA/BLM riots across America and demanded investigations into voter fraud stop when regional AG's saw evidence worth investigating.

Then he turned into a squish and put a cherry on the election fraud.

Now he's an enemy of Trump trying to make a buck off of a book about it all.

yawn...

I don't see anything else ever coming from this man that will be important to the world. 

But I guarantee one thing. When Trump gets back in office, he isn't going to be appointing Bush people for anything, not even janitor.

Michael

I saw Wendy Rogers post about this (she thinks it's a con), and people reacting to it with bewilderment, even going so far as to speculate that it wasn't him, that it was a "Deep fake", that the accent was wrong, etc! Now, I wouldn't go that far, myself, but it certainly is oddly out of character, for sure.

uc?id=176e2qm1yiOZv3ZJZ2ViFtB8mInY443G5

2 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

people reacting to it with bewilderment, even going so far as to speculate that it wasn't him, that it was a "Deep fake", that the accent was wrong...

TG,

If it were a Deep Fake, the accent would be correct since it would be his own voice.

But if it is a Deep Fake, Trevor Noah sure as hell deserves it.

Michael

Some of the comments over at GAB on Rogers' post. Of course, these are likely people who think that the current "Biden" is an actor, because his earlobes don't match, or that Mike Pence was really a clone named "Sam"...

"I saw that video. I'm so shocked at what Trevor Noah said that I'm really thinking that that video is a deep fake.

That's how distrustful I am of these globocorps media darlings."

"Exactly! They’re full shit. Especially this one. He doesn’t even know which accent to use in this clip."

"This Trevor Noah dude likes to impersonate Obama. That's a tell."

Trevor knows Obama is really in control. They even talked about it on his show. This is part of the game they like to play. They [people in control] don’t give a BS about Biden. He is working out perfect. Everything is going to plan."

2a73c2fcb787fc42.jpeg
GAB.COM

Wendy Rogers on Gab: ''

I’m sure Noah spent the last five years doing and saying whatever needed to be said and done to stay on the right side of history /narrative in order to maintain or improve his status. I never really hear or see him unless the algorithms drive him to me . I assume he railed against Trump for racism , misogyny, and xenophobia for as long as he ‘should’ have been but this looks him having a genuine moment and responding to at least one aspect of Trump and his administration that he appreciated , who wouldn’t , yeah ?

Must be authentic, Noah's pseudo-American and Safrican accent - and doing the Trump impersonation very well - can hardly be faked. That will ruffle feathers and who knows what he's up to unless he sees the writing on the wall about Biden's future, whom he first promoted heavily. His shows give me the creeps, I couldn't stand his covert racism so I avoid them. What a radical change after he was hired there, in SA his live performances were funny, racially conciliatory, moderate and apolitical. Another one who's made a huge bundle and great success in the US, now feels he can as a black man attack the country which made him a success, from the platform given him - for, of all things - 'systemic racism'.

• Smile 1

On 3/13/2022 at 12:58 AM, anthony said:

Must be authentic, Noah's pseudo-American and Safrican accent - and doing the Trump impersonation very well - can hardly be faked.

You would know, Tony. I thought there was a genuine Safrican accent mingled with an American black accent. I started looking for articles about how different parts of the world feel about NATO. Africans don't take kindly to NATO and there has been a bit of colonialism in NATO's dealings with Africans going back to 1948.    

20 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

There's always the fallback theory that the left will turn on Biden and replace him with Kamala Harris, while moving Hillary into the VP slot...

Fallback or gameplan? 

I recall a day when Kamala and Joe could not win a State, then everyone started dropping out.

Imagine being in a race and youe 8th out of 8 and then the first 6 drop out.

• Upvote 1

Trump said about Russia: "You say, what's the purpose of this? They had a country. You could see it was a country where there was a lot of love and we're doing it because, you know, somebody wants to make his country larger or he wants to put it back the way it was when actually it didn't work very well." end quote

I understand that Trump is being humorous and ironic, but I am tiring of his humor. He doesn’t need to say things that garner attention. If he was Presidential in demeanor he would be mentioned on nine tenths of the political news, anyway. Peter

TMJ wrote, “What about the people who think ' political news ' is controlled/captured , untrustworthy, propoganda ?

We control the world and the humor. Have you noticed Harry Potter’s hair, and the hair of President Trump? Whoa dude, imagine the Prez with glasses. There is a resemblance. Is He covering up his powers?  

And the new Harry Potter film will feature the villain Vlad the Impaler, who is step brother to Fenrir Greyback. The resemblance is there.  The actor without the costume is surly related to Vlad Putin. And The Evil is there.