Donald Trump

I forgot to post this story from the 15th. Trump gave a phone interview to the folks at the Washington Examiner. The exclusive interview story got a spectrum of coverage at Ground.news. Check ya blindspots, Willliam.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmediadc-brightspot.s3.
WWW.WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM

EXCLUSIVE — Former President Donald Trump said in an interview that he is “surprised” Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the invasion of Ukraine and further cracked down on freedom inside Russia...

Text-to-speech rendering of Trump interview story in the Washington Examiner. As far as I know they haven't made the full interview audio available.

"John Solomon and Amanda Head sit down with President Donald Trump for an exclusive interview covering the biggest issues effecting Americans today."

7E3Fd.qR4e-small-Exclusive-Interview-wit
RUMBLE.COM

John Solomon and Amanda Head sit down with President Donald Trump for an exclusive interview covering the biggest issues effecting Americans today. For Real News➡https://bit.ly/gorav

On 7/3/2015 at 11:22 AM, william.scherk said:

See, I can even make US politics boring. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Here's a gem -- Trump in a serious mood, conversing on Zoom video call with "professional historians." The drawback is you'll have to view the video on The Atlantic site, which is I think off-silo or fake news through and through. If you want to hear the forty-fifth President explain to "tomorrow" his achievements and challenges, skip down a paragraph and skip to the 13 minute mark. Avoiding some self-serving yadda yadda and massage ...

If you donate to or sustain OL, I can provide a direct link to the 489MB 90-minute video (thanks, CocoCut!) so you can download it and add it to your Trump archive. If you like, I will cut out all the intro baggage.

Beware the mainstream hoopla. The only thing making headlines today from The Atlantic story is a five-word quote.

original.png
WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

The former president made an unusual effort to influence how historians will view him.

Edited by william.scherk
CocoCut and link and grmmar and time marker and snark

Bill Barr a "white hat" playing "black hat" for optics? The debate rages on...

(regarding the following article):

"Barr Provides Update on Durham Probe, Says He’s ‘Dug Very Deep’ And Uncovered ‘Good Information’"

Former Attorney General William Barr on Friday provided an update on the progress made so far by the ‘Russiagate’ special counsel he appointed, John Durham.

In an interview with Fox News’ “The Story,” Barr said that Durham has “dug very deep” into the origins of the FBI’s investigation into disproven claims then-GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump was ‘colluding’ with Russia to interfere with the 2016 election and has uncovered “good information,” while going on to suggest the initial probe was completely motivated by politics.

“I think the question all along … has been that this was a campaign-dirty-trick to get the government to investigate allegations — scurrilous allegations — about Donald Trump and then leak that right before the election,” Barr said.

(full article here):

Selma, North Carolina, live!

7 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Bill Barr a "white hat" playing "black hat" for optics? The debate rages on...

(regarding the following article):

"Barr Provides Update on Durham Probe, Says He’s ‘Dug Very Deep’ And Uncovered ‘Good Information’"

Former Attorney General William Barr on Friday provided an update on the progress made so far by the ‘Russiagate’ special counsel he appointed, John Durham.

In an interview with Fox News’ “The Story,” Barr said that Durham has “dug very deep” into the origins of the FBI’s investigation into disproven claims then-GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump was ‘colluding’ with Russia to interfere with the 2016 election and has uncovered “good information,” while going on to suggest the initial probe was completely motivated by politics.

“I think the question all along … has been that this was a campaign-dirty-trick to get the government to investigate allegations — scurrilous allegations — about Donald Trump and then leak that right before the election,” Barr said.

(full article here):

"But then, there's Maude..."

On 4/9/2022 at 9:35 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I will post a replay of President Trump's NC rally later when the sites and accounts I know will not be taken down have one available.

Here's the full speech on RSBN.

I'm watching it right this minute.

nvAPd.4Wpjb.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

FULL SPEECH: President Donald J Trump delivers remarks at Trump Rally in Selma, NC 4/09/22

Michael

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Woo hoo!

The post finally went through.

One small comment. In the rally, President Trump said he just endorsed Dr. Oz. :) 

Hell, why not?

Michael

People in PA don't trust Dr. Oz. For one, he's not from there, and two, because of his previous support of "red flag laws" as a "health issue", something many see as a "Trojan Horse" to undermine the 2nd amendment.  (Sure, he claims he supports the 2nd amendment, but they don't trust/believe him on that, just like when they say "no one is coming for your guns", then come for your guns anyway...). Factor in his connections to the leftist elite in Hollywood  (Oprah, etc.)...

GettyImages-1341732745.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

TV personality and medical professional Dr. Mehmet Oz's previous statements on gun control have raised eyebrows after his entry into...

5 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

People in PA don't trust Dr. Oz. For one, he's not from there, and two, because of his previous support of "red flag laws" as a "health issue", something many see as a "Trojan Horse" to undermine the 2nd amendment.  (Sure, he claims he supports the 2nd amendment, but they don't trust/believe him on that, just like when they say "no one is coming for your guns", then come for your guns anyway...). Factor in his connections to the leftist elite in Hollywood  (Oprah, etc.)...

GettyImages-1341732745.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

TV personality and medical professional Dr. Mehmet Oz's previous statements on gun control have raised eyebrows after his entry into...

(Out of order, but here's what Posobiec said about Oz, namely, pointing out the gun control issue...and apparently, that Oz supports transgender changes for babies???)

"Dr. Oz promotes transgender ideology for toddlers, encourages "cutting edge" gender surgery for kids"

I remember watching Fischer/Spassky in 72 and not grasping why Fischer made certain moves.

Then when he won, I replayed the games and realized how brilliant he was.

#nogroundgame

I admit that this looks off but so did Fischers Evans gambit.

Trump President in 2022.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:12 AM, ThatGuy said:

People in PA don't trust Dr. Oz.

TG,

Trump must think they do.

Here is his endorsement.

image.png

image.png

- April 9, 2022 -

Endorsement of Dr. Oz

This is all about winning elections in order to stop the Radical Left maniacs from destroying our Country. The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has a tremendous opportunity to Save America by electing the brilliant and well-known Dr. Mehmet Oz for the United States Senate. I have known Dr. Oz for many years, as have many others, even if only through his very successful television show. He has lived with us through the screen and has always been popular, respected, and smart. He even said that I was in extraordinary health, which made me like him even more (although he also said I should lose a couple of pounds!). He is a graduate of Harvard University and earned a joint MD and MBA from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Wharton School of Finance. He has authored more than 350 original publications, written 8 New York Times bestsellers, and received patents for developing medical devices that have improved countless lives and performed thousands of life-saving heart operations. Dr. Oz is Pro-Life, very strong on Crime, the Border, Election Fraud, our Great Military, and our Vets, Tax Cuts, and will always fight for and support our under-siege Second Amendment. He will ensure America will become Energy Independent again. Dr. Oz also passionately believes in high-quality education and protecting parent involvement throughout the process. Perhaps most importantly, I believe that Mehmet Oz will be the one most able to win the General Election against a Radical Left Democrat looking to do unthinkable harm to our Country. Women, in particular, are drawn to Dr. Oz for his advice and counsel. I have seen this many times over the years. They know him, believe in him, and trust him. Likewise, he will do very well in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, where other candidates will just not be accepted. He knows his job is to serve every single Pennsylvanian. Dr. Oz is smart, tough, and will never let you down, therefore, he has my Complete and Total Endorsement. Good luck, Dr. Oz. our Country needs you!

It looks like Liz Harrington (who posts these statements on Twitter) doesn't think much of this endorsement, either. Normally, she provides text and image. This time she only provided the image and I had to OCR it to get the text. (Searching online for the text was hopeless. :) )

And me? I don't agree with this endorsement, but it's also true that I don't have a strong opinion. In fact, I think I understand it.

1. Trump had already endorsed Sean Parnell for this Senate seat and Parnell, for personal reasons (aggravated with a lot of predator class help), left the race. He quit. That left a sticky problem for Trump in order to ensure a win with voters. That changed the election battleground, so to speak.

2. If I know Trump, he had a looooooooooooogn conversation with Dr. Oz before endorsing him. And I am pretty sure Dr. Oz promised him the moon.

3. Since the predator class was already able to score a scalp in this race (Parnell), Trump went for a candidate who was unscalpable. Don't forget that a Democrat win is the alternative if the MAGA people are vulnerable, and that outcome is about as awful as awful can get.

4. As Trump said in his endorsement, Dr. Oz is heavily approved of by women. So, I believe, in lieu of going after the political vote in this case, Trump is going after the women's vote and counting on his previous conversation and his personality to keep Dr. Oz in line.

5. Dr. Oz has shown he knows how to gin up a lot of support, he knows the building blocks of success, so to speak, so his chances of winning are very high.

This does not justify Trump's choice ideologically (in MAGA terms). After all, Dr. Oz could turn out to be a hardcore RINO with a cheap price tag on his soul, he could turn out to be corrupt as all hell as a politician, and his butt could be owned by Epstein progeny, but the odds look a lot better than an outright loss.

In short, this endorsement is a gamble. I think Trump stacked the gamble on his side, but it's still a gamble. A gamble, though, is better than a loss--at least in the current context.

This is not a "lesser of the two evils" choice. It's a choice between taking a shot or accepting evil.

In other words, if Dr. Oz wins and turns out bad, I am pretty sure his life will become hell from the Trump end.

But I'm betting that Dr. Oz will win and he will be with Trump on the issues most of the time.

Michael

21 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But I'm betting that Dr. Oz will win and he will be with Trump on the issues most of the time.

Well said. Time will tell if this reasonable assumption is the true course of history.   

• 2 weeks later...

I received this in my inbox. Confidential Trump Message Wed 4/20/2022 3:32 PM In the political foliage it stated, “the only official emails from Donald J. Trump" and it had the “Save America” logo with an exclusive message. Elsewhere . .  

From ABC News: Former President Donald Trump's presidential campaign has been ordered to pay nearly $1.3 million in legal fees to former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman by a New York court arbitrator.

12 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
12 hours ago, Peter said:

From ABC News: Former President Donald Trump's presidential campaign has been ordered to pay nearly $1.3 million in legal fees to former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman by a New York court arbitrator. [Link added: https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-ordered-pay-aide-omarosa-manigault-newman-13m/story?id=84202643]

How does that work?

Donald Trump initiated the arbitration.  He was seeking to have the terms of a non-disclosure agreement enforced against Omarosa.  

He lost the case he brought to arbitration.  Trump filed his demand for arbitration in 2018.

12 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Do arbitrators issue such orders in New York?

Here's some detail -- from the arbiter's decision last September:

[...] Arbiter T. Andrew Brown of the American Arbitration Association said in the judgment that the NDA's terms went "far beyond what would be reasonably expected to protect" the Trump campaign's interests.

The arbiter said the agreement effectively imposed on Manigault Newman "an obligation to never say anything remotely critical of Mr. Trump, his family, or his or family members' businesses, for the rest of her life."

"Such a burden is certainly unreasonable," the judgment said.

[...]

I am not familiar with the American Arbitration Association's rules in any detail at all.  But the notion of "binding arbitration" is sort of what I assume.   The parties agree to be bound by the arbiter's decisions and thus there is no easy appeal of the decisions.

Here's the arbitrator's award document that instructs Trump to pay Omarosa's fees (19 pages, PDF) : https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21680359/omarosa-manigault-newman-ruling.pdf

From the text:

trumpOmarosa_1.png

Notably, she asked for over 3 million dollars to cover lawyering costs.  Much of the arbiter's ruling concerns exactly how and why he reduced the fee award down from her big ask.  

Maybe the RNC (who agreed to pay some of the former president's legal fees) will fork over the cash, and the lawyers can have a picnic. 

I rather doubt it

Edited by william.scherk
Removed an italic, added a "thus"

Oh, man.

Trump gave Kasich a boo-boo back in the day.

Kasich Admits He Went Behind a Building and Cried After He Lost the 2016 Nomination to Trump

trump-kasich.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich said he went behind a building and cried after losing the 2016 GOP presidential primary to former President Donald Trump. Kasich made the embarrassing admission on...

I bet Kasich is still not over it...

Here's the real truth he is crying over. He blames Trump, even to himself. But underneath, he knows it wasn't Trump who stopped him. It was the American people--MAGA-friendly people--who did not want him.

They had enough of people like him. He wasn't special to them nor did they want him to tell them what to do or how to live. For a man who has told himself he was above the others all his life, that was a bitter pill to swallow once the excuses ran out.

So suck on it, John Kasich. You were an embarrassment during the campaign and now you are putting a cherry on top of the friggin' diaper.

(Wow, am I mixing my metaphors. :) )

Michael

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2015 at 12:22 AM, RobinReborn said:

This guy keeps making the news.

And here is Donald Trump speaking of yesterday's news.  

More of the interview on the 700 Club: 

SUJB115_Korie_Chrys_ClubA_HDV_HDV.jpg?it
WWW1.CBN.COM

She’s mother to one of the most famous families in America. Korie Robertson and her mom share their secrets to raising the “Duck Dynasty” clan. Plus, CBN News’ David Brody sits down with former...

Edited by william.scherk