Donald Trump

On 8/8/2022 at 10:17 PM, william.scherk said:

So, what's new besides 'people familiar' telling us about a grand jury?

Did some Milley-like creature or current low-level staffer get called in to be questioned before them? 

MIlley let the New Yorker publish his undelivered resignation letter.  The article is over 10,000 words, with some savage quotes from Kelly and a fresh, classic quote from Trump. The title is "Inside the War Between Trump and His Generals."

I regret to inform you that I intend to resign as your Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Thank you for the honor of appointing me as senior ranking officer. The events of the last couple weeks have caused me to do deep soul-searching, and I can no longer faithfully support and execute your orders as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It is my belief that you were doing great and irreparable harm to my country. I believe that you have made a concerted effort over time to politicize the United States military. I thought that I could change that. I’ve come to the realization that I cannot, and I need to step aside and let someone else try to do that.

Second, you are using the military to create fear in the minds of the people—and we are trying to protect the American people. I cannot stand idly by and participate in that attack, verbally or otherwise, on the American people. The American people trust their military and they trust us to protect them against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and our military will do just that. We will not turn our back on the American people.

Third, I swore an oath to the Constitution of the United States and embodied within that Constitution is the idea that says that all men and women are created equal. All men and women are created equal, no matter who you are, whether you are white or Black, Asian, Indian, no matter the color of your skin, no matter if you’re gay, straight or something in between. It doesn’t matter if you’re Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Jew, or choose not to believe. None of that matters. It doesn’t matter what country you came from, what your last name is—what matters is we’re Americans. We’re all Americans. That under these colors of red, white, and blue—the colors that my parents fought for in World War II—means something around the world. It’s obvious to me that you don’t think of those colors the same way I do. It’s obvious to me that you don’t hold those values dear and the cause that I serve.

And lastly it is my deeply held belief that you’re ruining the international order, and causing significant damage to our country overseas, that was fought for so hard by the Greatest Generation that they instituted in 1945. Between 1914 and 1945, 150 million people were slaughtered in the conduct of war. They were slaughtered because of tyrannies and dictatorships. That generation, like every generation, has fought against that, has fought against fascism, has fought against Nazism, has fought against extremism. It’s now obvious to me that you don’t understand that world order. You don’t understand what the war was all about. In fact, you subscribe to many of the principles that we fought against. And I cannot be a party to that. It is with deep regret that I hereby submit my letter of resignation.

This is from the side of poor fools who have long prejudged Trump and resist the obvious boost the GOP can gain from the search and seize in the midterms (and in emergency Trump PAC fund-raising).

donald-trump-GettyImages-1152627372.jpg
ABOVETHELAW.COM

As he bloody well had to.

Look at Drudge's bullshit hands-on aggregation.  What audience is he serving?

Edited by william.scherk
Fresh, classic single quote

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Choose one:

William,

Or choose none.

Don't care.

I've said before, I've stopped taking your posts seriously. Too much propaganda and too many hidden agendas finally got to me.

I am serious about that.

I'm just playing banter for now.

Amusing the reader, amusing myself, and, who knows, amusing you.

Michael

23 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I should mention that Kash Patel is already doing this, but defensively.

He has a foundation that is paying the legal costs of people who get targeted for lawfare by the Deep State.

All anyone has to do is get the "flood the courts" idea to him and, even if he doesn't do it, he knows who can.

:) 

Here is Kash on the raid saying things nobody else is saying. For instance, when Trump was president, he declassified large tranches of documents. He couldn't get them released because the people in the Deep State were gumming up the works, but the documents were declassified.

So, he didn't say it here, but I believe the FBI did a raid on MAL to get declassified documents.

The more we go along, the more this is sounding like a typical Trump rope-a-dope set up of the fake news media. Except the Deep State fell into a huge pile of doo-doo this go around.

Just to remind everyone, the way Muhammad Ali would do his boxing rope-a-dope is that he would taunt the crap out of his opponent with poetry and antics, let them punch themselves out in a rage over several rounds while he basically protected himself, then when his opponent was exhausted, he would go in for the kill. He hadn't been punching, so he was still fresh.

Trump loved Muhammad Ali and he, basically, did that rope-a-dope process with the fake news media his entire political career. Especially with "mean Tweets."

But he did other things as well. Remember when he said about McCain that he liked the soldiers who didn't get captured? That was pure rope-a-dope.

So, with that as context, I look at things like the following.

The FBI went directly to Trump's safe and there was nothing there. Who told them (on the sly) to do that? Did they believe the goods would be right there in Trump's safe, goods that would finally get Trump for once and for all?

Hmmmmmm?....

Meanwhile the entire world is blowing up in the FBI's face.

Michael

Then there's this.

HUGE DEVELOPMENT: Report Alleges FBI “Had Personal Stake” in Mar-a-Lago Raid – Agents Were After Spygate Documents Trump Was Holding That Likely Implicated FBI

EBE3116D-9A1D-4F74-BEE3-5D20CE40466E-sca
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Armed FBI agents guard Mar-a-Lago during 9-hour secretive raid on Monday. New details on Mar-a-Lago raid come to light As reported earlier today — President Trump declassified a binder on January...

As reported earlier today — President Trump declassified a binder on January 19th, 2021 that contains hundreds of pages about the Crossfire Hurricane scandal. It contains damaging information about the corrupt actors involved with our government. Two different DOJ Attorney General’s have defied President Trump’s direct lawful order to publish the binder in the Federal Register. It’s been 19 months as the DOJ defies the order, and every FOIA request to make it public. 

The truth will come out.

And it will be prosecuted once MAGA gains power.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

Or choose none.

Don't care.

I've said before, I've stopped taking your posts seriously. Too much propaganda and too many hidden agendas finally got to me.

I am serious about that.

I'm just playing banter for now.

Amusing the reader, amusing myself, and, who knows, amusing you.

Michael

William does serve the useful function (to me anyway) of being inadvertently informative about what spin the spinners are spinning.

Ellen

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Bobb clearly said the FBI tried to prohibit her from seeing the search warrant at first, but after bickering with them they did. Then she said clearly they did not leave a copy of the search warrant with her, but she qualified that with "right away." So that implies she now has a copy. But she likely did not when Habba spoke. And she did not say when or where she got a copy, if she has one (which she probably does). Also, she said clearly that the supporting documentation for the search warrant is under seal.

There's more.

Federal Judge Orders DOJ to Provide Copy of Trump Raid Warrant

From the article:

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the Biden Justice Department to produce a copy of a search warrant executed at his Mar-a-Lago estate, where the FBI conducted a nine-hour-plus search on Monday.

Federal Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart ordered the DOJ to “file a Response to the Motion to Unseal” the warrant after requests were made by the Times-Union, a newspaper located in Albany, N.Y., as well as the conservative legal group Judicial Watch.

And specifically about Bobb:

Earlier, Trump attorney Lindsey Halligan said that the warrant was “sealed” when agents showed up to search Trump’s estate.

Another Trump lawyer, Christian Bobb, meanwhile, told streaming network Real America’s Voice: “When I arrived and kind of announced myself as the legal representation for President Trump. I asked to see a copy of the warrant.”

“Initially they refused and said, ‘You know, we don’t have to show it to you.’ And there was a little bit of an exchange about whether it was appropriate to withhold the warrant when you’re searching the residence of the former president, who’s likely to be the Republican nominee in the next election, though they conceded and let me see it, they did not give me a copy of it right away, but they did let me see it,” she went on, according to Mediaite.

“It was very, I would say, thin. And as you can tell from public records, the affidavit, the supporting documentation of what the probable cause was to obtain the warrant has been sealed,” Bobb continued.

Mediaite said that several observers opined that Trump and his attorneys likely had a copy of the warrant beforehand but Bobb dismissed those claims.

“So we’re not allowed to see that. We have to go to court to request the judge to release that which, you know, may or may not happen. So we don’t know what the probable cause is, why they were allowed to search, but they did,” she reported.

Look how the spin in the press is going.

On one side, they falsely say Trump and his attorneys had a copy of the warrant beforehand.

On the other side, people have to go to court to see the whole thing. And even then, the DOJ has until August 15 to produce it (if it ever does).

On another note, the fun part is that the DOJ is washing its hands of this. It's saying it had no knowledge this was going on. That it's all the FBI's fault. But them at the DOJ? Hell no. It's not them.

Attorney-General-Merrick-Garland-FBI-Dir
WWW.BREITBART.COM

Senior DOJ officials are blaming FBI Director Wray for the recent raid of Trump’s home in an attempt to take pressure off AG Garland.

Here are Steve Bannon and Boris Epshteyn laughing their asses off about it. The funny part is they accept the two anonymous sources from Newsweek at face value (in a tongue in cheek manner), the very one I complained about earlier, and use their own words as basis for fun and mockery.

Boris Epshteyn: Two Senior DOJ Officials Confirm FBI Performed Raid Without Notifying DOJ Or Biden

_fnkf.qR4e.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

Boris Epshteyn: Two Senior DOJ Officials Confirm FBI Performed Raid Without Notifying DOJ Or Biden

More criticism and mockery of the FBI is out there and a hell of a lot more is coming. This raid is turning out to be the biggest PR disaster in FBI history. There already is a huge clamor for Wray, and even Garland, to resign.

Stay tuned.

Michael

3 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

William does serve the useful function (to me anyway) of being inadvertently informative about what spin the spinners are spinning.

Ellen,

That is where I have been for a long time with William.

But now he's at the point that, if there were an assassination attempt on Trump and caught on camera, he would want to challenge everyone on minutia in some court proceeding or other to see if there really was an assassination attempt because nobody died.

And he would barf out predator class propaganda points based on anonymous sources while ignoring what everyone saw.

Or he would do tongue-in-cheek denunciations of the assassins (wink wink), overusing negative adjectives and characterizations in the mold of "dirty rotten scoundrels."

I'm using a hypothetical here for illustration, but go over his posts of recent months and you will see these three patterns over and over and over.

The nitpicking has gotten to the point of silliness in light of the events themselves.

So I stopped taking him seriously.

When he becomes serious again, if he ever does, I will take him seriously again.

After all, he is a long-time member.

But until then (if then ever comes), it's banter time...

Michael

20 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... the fun part is that the DOJ is washing its hands of this. It's saying it had no knowledge this was going on. That it's all the FBI's fault. But them at the DOJ? Hell no. It's not them.

No sooner than I posted that, I came across this. The White House is doing it, too.

It Wasn't Us! White House Panics as Mar-a-Lago Backfires - Throws Garland, DOJ, FBI Completely Under the Bus

pierre.jpg
WWW.WESTERNJOURNAL.COM

But given how dysfunctional the Biden administration is, it is almost believable that Biden and his staff had no idea the raid was planned.

Notice that all of them are acting like crooks who get busted in the act?

Michael

10 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Dr. Michael Hurd's take: "They are not afraid. They just keep pushing the limits, to see what they get away with."

5WXQJ455NNKL5H6UGY4FCRIKAQ-scaled.jpg
DRHURD.COM

People keep saying that the Biden regime is "scared to death" of Trump and his supporters. Seriously? I don't see fear. I see rage...

Hmmm...with the exception of this, and Andrew Bernstein and Bosch Fawstin (non-Obleftivists), as of yet, I've seen little to nothing from Objectivists, and NOTHING from the OrgOists of the ARI or ARI UK about any of this...odd silence...

(But they were all over the abortion ruling in an instant...and had this been Trump's administration doing this to Clinton, they'd be screaming "fascism" at the top of their lungs...)

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

I remember early on when our fearless leader MSK, the man with three first names was one of the first people on the planet to not only say Trump would win the nomination but win the Presidency to boot.

Folks ( me included) said impossible.

Then as he walked us through how Trump would beta test his campaign it became one of those things that once you saw it you could not unsee it.

Situation after situation, Trump would say something, folks would go bonkers, then Trump would double down and triple down, then rinse and repeat.

This strategy continues, very effectively, as beta tests do.

The People arej umping onboard like never before.

He is nothing sort of genius ( Trump, but MSK too ) at how his beta tests worked and still do.

No ground game and so many more examples over the years.

Just curious as to all those people who kept saying that Trump could never win and have completely disappeared from the board, well at least from commenting on the board.

I say to all of you who lurk, come home and liberate yourselves, the train is leaving the station, President Trump is President, Make America Great Again!

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Hmmm...with the exception of this, and Andrew Bernstein and Bosch Fawstin (non-Obleftivists), as of yet, I've seen little to nothing from Objectivists, and NOTHING from the OrgOists of the ARI or ARI UK about any of this...odd silence...

(But they were all over the abortion ruling in an instant...and had this been Trump's administration doing this to Clinton, they'd be screaming "fascism" at the top of their lungs...)

IMHO Objectivism usually attracts intelligent but wandering folk... ones who may have been raised religiously whether Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or Marxist (mixed economy progressive types).  Its foundation in rationality is attractive to thinkers and its ethic's non-reliance on mysticism and/or subjectivism is something which appeals to individuals with a stronger sense of self or independence.

Oddly enough, even though the normies (non-O'ists .. not necessarily "normal" whatever that might mean) are composed of many people who hold false dichotomies, false idols, and false categorizations/classes and the like, and it seems that O'ists being socially adrift still tend to tribally align according to those false societal structures while playing at being individualistic.

The biggest false alignment is with "intelligent people" who are "socially respectable" and do not resort to "extreme" uncivil behavior, verbally or physically.  Normies (non-O'ists) in this group ARE the elites (or the intellectuals who are their followers) who look down at hard working people with lower so-called social standing.  Through this group the predator class exerts and enjoys its power, and often recruits and keeps people (intelligent or not) loyal (among other methods) by the false straw man "package-deal"  of pointing at and lumping of "conservatives" into a single basket of uneducated, ignorant, hick, gun-toting freedom-lovers - thereby associating a strong sense of individualism and rights with so called "deplorables".

Many intelligentsia O'land types, already susceptible to leaning toward rationalism and idolatry of intelligence, cannot help but be mildly repulsed by conservative basic freedom loving people, because of their predominantly religious make-up.  It so happen that these are are the overwhelming majority of people CHOOSING that they will not be enslaved.

Rather than embrace them, pat them on the back and shake their hand and say with a smile of conviction "I know.  This struggle is also mine, for my life." they would rather shift from one foot to another reciting Rand quotes, attempt to form some new deductive syllogism, or condescendingly tell the person that although their aims of freedom and individualism are in the main correct, the foundation upon which they base their choice "not to be enslaved" is flawed and their methods of pursuing it, therefore ,invalid... etc....  blah blah blah  [Don't get me wrong, there are some O'ists who lionize the rugged individualism of a hard working trustworthy pioneer as a sort of moral epitome... and I count myself among their number, notwithstanding my educational and professional experience.]

So are O'ists snobs?  Are O'ists just out of touch intellectuals?  Are O'ists cowards?  Most  of the "outside" tribe i.e. intellectuals (NOT ALL) are these things.. and although O'ists try not to fall into those same traps they sometimes do ... IMHO many wind up just "playing" at a philosophy of life, as a sports fan might "support" a local favorite team... and play fantasy football... discussions of the so called trolley "problem", is just that posers playing "fantasy football" 

A philosopher who studies a philosophy, even one who proclaims one is correct, and THINKS it is true...is rarely the same as a HUMAN BEING who LIVES IN and BY that philosophy, who has is it in his BONES and need not think nor debate with himself any longer... or perhaps never needed to.

The silence you note, speaks volumes about the psychology, sense of life... the very FUNDAMENTAL character of those you do not hear...

It goes without saying... thank the stars for MSK.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Smile 1

Michael has noted that the magistrate overseeing the Mar-a-Lago search and seizure warrant has responded to at least one motion seeking to unseal the several documents already described.** 

From the docket:

reinhartDocketOrder.jpg

19 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Note: A third document Bobb did not get to see and that we don't get to see is any actual "probable cause" document prepared by the FBI investigators that the magistrate will have read over. That is I presume under seal.

That seal would likely be removed only upon an indictment, arrest or court order (as with the parallel kind of search warrant that came out regarding Michael Cohen). 

There are three documents at issue -- the search warrant, the 'return' inventory,' and the 'probable cause' Application.

Judicial Watch filing is here.  Note the language in the filing on page 2 -- a "sealed search warrant affidavit." 

judicialWatchUnsealingFiling.png

Another filing is from the Time Union, here:

timesUnionMotion2Unseal.png

A third filing is from the New York Times. That filing details four items sought. 

NYtimesUnsealingFilingAug11.png

According to an article at Law and Crime, the argument from the Times is contained in this paragraph: 

Access to search warrant materials has typically occurred at the conclusion of an investigation or proceeding. But this is far from the typical case. The investigation has been made public by the target of the warrant himself, details of the investigation have appeared in publications throughout the world, members of Congress have demanded that the Justice Department provide an explanation, and political commentary on the search continues unabated. In short, with so much publicity surrounding the search, the Court should be skeptical about government claims that disclosure of this true information will invade privacy, disturb the confidentiality of an investigation, tip off potential witnesses, or lead to the destruction of evidence.

What do you say to that, Magistrate?  

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Since you are so hot to see the search warrant [...] does that [...] extend to the supporting documentation?

Like I said, I believe that the Application and investigator affidavit/s will be closely guarded by the magistrate, and would only come to light if criminal charges proceed or a judge orders such documents released.   I don't see that happening from what I know today. 

It's interesting to be wrong, and it's more interesting that the magistrate has ordered the DOJ to respond to the three requests by August 15.

Will the all the materials be released?  Or will just the two documents given to the Trump representative during the search and seizure?

I don't know.

Are we going to see a leak from Trump World?  I can't think of any reason why that would be useful to the former president right now. 

I also don't know what is going through the minds of Trump and legal advisors. What do they want to happen? 

For two of the documents -- but not the Application or supporting affidavits -- Trump could authorize their release by his own legal beagles.

Is it in Trump's interest to have all or some of this material unsealed?

Who knows?

-- another big day for news aggregators. I've highlighted a few of interest to OL's readership (ie, from Trump-friendly media).

Spoiler
Asawin Suebsaeng / Rolling Stone:
With Feds Circling, Trump Asks Allies: Who's ‘Wearing a Wire’?  —  As the investigations heat up, the former president and his advisers are pointing fingers — and looking for “rats”  —  Donald Trump is worried he may have a rat — or multiple rats — in his midst.
Discussion:
Jonathan M. Katz / The Racket:   The storming of Trump's castle
RELATED:
i14.jpgPolitico:
Trump world gripped with anger, fear and a host of conspiracies about the FBI search  —  A wave of concern and even paranoia is gripping parts of Trump world as federal investigators tighten their grip on the former president and his inner circle.  —  In the wake of news that the FBI agents executed …
Discussion:
i117.jpgWall Street Journal:
FBI Quest for Trump Documents Started With Breezy Chats, Tour of a Crowded Closet  —  Why interactions between FBI, Trump team soured remains a mystery  —  FBI Searches Trump's Mar-a-Lago Home  —  Created with sketchtool. … 1x  —  Around lunchtime on June 3, a senior Justice Department …
Discussion:
Michael Coleman, Ph.D. / Everything Else:   FBI Raid on Mar-a-Lago - The End Goal
i9.jpgJohn Solomon / Just The News:
Questions grow about Trump raid after revelation of grand jury subpoena, extensive cooperation  —  Two months before his Florida home was raided by the FBI, former President Donald Trump secretly received a grand jury subpoena for classified documents belonging to the National Archives …
i27.jpgJose Pagliery / The Daily Beast:
Hell Week: How Trump's Problems All Converged at Once  —  Trump is fighting a number of battles all at the same time: the Mar-a-Lago raid, trouble with the Trump Org, Fulton County, tossed-out NDAs, his tax returns, and the Jan. 6 panel.  —  With the FBI's raid of Mar-a-Lago this week …
Margery A. Beck / NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth:
FBI's Wray Denounces Threats Following Search of Trump Home
David Gilbert / VICE:
Far-Right Extremists Are Violently Threatening the Trump Search-Warrant Judge
i116.jpgPennLive:
FBI delivers subpoenas to several Pa. Republican lawmakers: sources say  —  1,070 … - Meadows' former aide Cassidy Hutchinson testified to the House Select Committee that Perry was among a small group of people who talked with Meadows about a potential appearance by Trump at the Capitol following …
Discussion:
Katherine Tully-McManus / Politico:   Search, seizure rankle Republicans

_____

** Federal Judge Orders DOJ to Provide Copy of Trump Raid Warrant

This is not what the magistrate ordered. 

reinhartDocketOrder.jpg

Edited by william.scherk
Added image of docket item from the federal magistrate. The docket is pay-walled, as far as I can tell.

4 hours ago, Strictlylogical said:

It goes without saying... thank the stars for MSK.  :)

S,

I say thank the stars for me, too, because without me, I would not exist.

Seriously, I am flattered, but I'm just a dude with a keyboard who won't shut up or bow to peer pressure.

Anyway, enough of that. You don't want me to start talking about me. Once that kicks in, we will be here all friggin' year...

Michael

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... the fun part is that the DOJ is washing its hands of this. It's saying it had no knowledge this was going on. That it's all the FBI's fault. But them at the DOJ? Hell no. It's not them.

No sooner than I posted that, I came across this. The White House is doing it, too.

It Wasn't Us! White House Panics as Mar-a-Lago Backfires - Throws Garland, DOJ, FBI Completely Under the Bus

I wonder what is on the Attorney-General's mind today.  He is apparently due to speak in the next few minutes (2:30PM Eastern).

8 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

S,

I say thank the stars for me, too, because without me, I would not exist.

Seriously, I am flattered, but I'm just a dude with a keyboard who won't shut up or bow to peer pressure.

Anyway, enough of that. You don't want me to start talking about me. Once that kicks in, we will be here all friggin' year...

Michael

Ha.  Well now you need not speak of yourself if you are too humble.. :)

I would be interested in your reaction to my answer re. the silence from O-land, and of course I'm also interested in your ideas on the subject.

13 hours ago, Peter said:

You guys are very intelligent. Wow. I looked at the last few hours of traffic on OL and I thought what can I add to that? And so. To bed.  

You Peter are the straw that stirs the drink! 

Don't let the bedbugs bite.

14 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Ellen

Kind of like that stock analyst who is always wrong and as valuable as the analyst who is always right

• Smile 1

A refresher in what is possible and what is improbable ... following the DOJ's response deadlined Monday next.