Donald Trump

A Truth from President Trump

Truth_Social_Profile_Icon.png
TRUTHSOCIAL.COM

Truth Social is America's "Big Tent" social media platform that encourages an open, free, and honest global conversation without discriminating on the basis of political ideology.

The text:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
3h

But isn’t it SleazeBag Andrew Weissmann, one of the most overturned on appeal lawyers in the U.S., who couldn’t convince his “boss,” Robert “No Collusion” Mueller, to do the wrong thing, and who goes around saying he controls the “Justice” Department, including Merrick Garland, and especially high ranking Lisa Monaco, and that they’ll do whatever he wants and demands??? Hope this isn’t true, but he really is the Scum of the Earth!!! Great job on the Mueller Report, Andrew. Fight back USA!

Embedded in the above Truth is the following:

Sal Greco
@HeadOfTheTable
4h

For the second time in his legal career, Andrew Weismann comes across a judge that actually respects the rule of law. The last time was the when his Enron convictions were overturned for his prosecutorial misconduct. @realDonaldTrump @JackPosobiec #MarALagoRaid

And further embedded:

image.png

:) 

Michael

12 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Surprise, surprise.

William,

Surprise, surprise for real.

Biden order the invasion of Trump's home.

Joe Biden himself did that.

BOOM! Federal Judge Reveals Incumbent President Joe Biden Ordered FBI Access to Mar-a-Lago Documents

Biden-lost-at-the-UN.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

They lied. On Monday, August 8, 2022, the Biden FBI-DOJ raided President Trump’s home at Mar-a-Lago and rifled through his home and belongings for 9 hours. The FBI even ransacked 16-year-old Barron...

On pages 2-3 of the ruling Judge Cannon revealed that it was JOE BIDEN who ordered the FBI access to the Mar-a-Lago documents and President Trump’s personal belongings.

biden-maralago-order.jpg

Joe Biden lied. The White House lied. And now they are caught.

Granted, that phrase "incumbent President" grates on my ear. I would never call the imposter Biden that. I haven't and I never will.

But ordering the FBI to carry out a hit on a political opponent is about as pure grounds for impeachment and removal from office as I can think of.

Duuum da-dum-dum.

Michael

• Upvote 1

Michael wrote:  Granted, that phrase "incumbent President" grates on my ear. I would never call the imposter Biden that. I haven't and I never will. But ordering the FBI to carry out a hit on a political opponent is about as pure grounds for impeachment and removal from office as I can think of. Duuum da-dum-dum. end quote

Glad to hear it. How will this be used politically and legally? I wish for the best, and I hope the following notes do not change that. Peter

From Newsweek: Still, some Republicans believe that the Supreme Court's decision will backfire against their party, including former President Donald Trump, who privately told his advisers that overturning Roe is "bad for Republicans" as it could potentially impact some key voters such as suburban women, The New York Times reported Friday. Jason Roe, the former executive director of the state Republican Party in Michigan, said he is "nervous" about the political implications of the Court's decision, according to Politico, because "the opportunities we should have with suburban women become more complicated when that issue is on the table, and I think it puts us on defense." One Trump adviser said that the former president is "convinced it won't help him in the future," referring to abortion, according to The Washington Post on Friday, and that it is better if other issues became the primary focus in the wake of the midterms and the 2024 election.

From Real Clear Politics: September 1, 2022: Wall Street Journal

Trump 44,    Biden 50     Biden + 6

Now get a load of this analysis.

Mike Davis: Massive Victory for Trump Legal Team

Nz2Ff.qR4e-small-Mike-Davis-Massive-Vict
RUMBLE.COM

Mike Davis: Massive Victory for Trump Legal Team, Judge Cannon Grants President Trump's Request for 'Special Master' to Review FBI Raid

Mike Davis characterizes the legal side of the invasion of Trump's home as a criminal proceeding originated by the National Archives over some overdue library books, except they were not overdue and there were no library books.

He even thinks some of the lawyers involved should be disbarred.

And the Special Master will blow it all open.

Michael

On 9/6/2022 at 1:22 AM, Peter said:

Michael wrote:  Granted, that phrase "incumbent President" grates on my ear. I would never call the imposter Biden that. I haven't and I never will. But ordering the FBI to carry out a hit on a political opponent is about as pure grounds for impeachment and removal from office as I can think of. Duuum da-dum-dum. end quote

Glad to hear it. How will this be used politically and legally? I wish for the best, and I hope the following notes do not change that. Peter

From Newsweek: Still, some Republicans believe that the Supreme Court's decision will backfire against their party, including former President Donald Trump, who privately told his advisers that overturning Roe is "bad for Republicans" as it could potentially impact some key voters such as suburban women, The New York Times reported Friday. Jason Roe, the former executive director of the state Republican Party in Michigan, said he is "nervous" about the political implications of the Court's decision, according to Politico, because "the opportunities we should have with suburban women become more complicated when that issue is on the table, and I think it puts us on defense." One Trump adviser said that the former president is "convinced it won't help him in the future," referring to abortion, according to The Washington Post on Friday, and that it is better if other issues became the primary focus in the wake of the midterms and the 2024 election.

From Real Clear Politics: September 1, 2022: Wall Street Journal

Trump 44,    Biden 50     Biden + 6

Can they even impeach someone who is not President?

So he holds his position via fraud therefore he is not even President.

Take care of the fraudulent election, then no need to impeach.

Reinstate.

2 hours ago, tmj said:

I think the District of Columbia just passed ranked choice impeachment , so maybe ?

Ranked choice? I had to look that up on Wikipedia.

Ranked-choice voting (RCV) is a ranked voting system being used in some states and cities in the United States in which voters may prioritize (rank) their choice of candidates among many, and a procedure exists to count lower ranked candidates if and after higher ranked candidates have been eliminated, usually in a succession of counting rounds. In practice, there are several ways this can be implemented and variations exist; instant-runoff voting (IRV) and single transferable vote (STV) are the general types of ranked-choice voting systems used in the United States. end quote

Sounds sort of British, to me. I like the usual win / lose method. And unless “something amazing” is done, Joe Biden is our President for two more years. Has anything official been done to overturn the 2020 election? Not that I have heard of. That would involve the Congress, election officials at the Electoral College, and the Supreme Court. “Nope,” as Dana Carvey said, “Not gunna happen. Wouldn’t be prudent.” President Trump will try again in 2024.  

And another thilly, thiilly, silly thought, said Daffy Duck. If President Trump was dubbed the winner from 2020 would he have a mere two more years to serve and then he couldn't run for a third term in 2024? And what about all the decisions President Biden has made? Wouldn't all of them need to be nullified?     

13 hours ago, Peter said:

Ranked choice...

Peter.

Ranked choice is so convoluted for voters, they end up getting the opposing party and their political enemy into office through their own votes.

This just happened in Alaska in the special election for House where a Democrat with minority of votes got elected against a majority Republican election. Republican had 65% of the votes, but Ranked Choice allowed a Democrat with not many votes to beat Sarah Palin.

Here is Sarah discussing it with Steve.

j7mGf.qR4e.1.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

Sarah Palin: Ranked Choice Voting has Allowed Democrats to Sneak into Elections

Fortunately that was a special election and the winner only gets a few months in office.

For the real-deal election coming up, Sarah is trying to educate voters that just because Ranked Choice exists, that doesn't mean it is mandatory to vote according to it.

So she is telling her voters to vote only for her and not for a second place or anything else that is not clear.

Let's see if it works.

btw - This was a scheme concocted by the Murkowski crew so she could get voted back in without votes. They know she doesn't have enough votes to win, and they had to do something, so they did this.

In the first run, it worked.

Michael

Re 'ranked choice voting' .... bear in mind that in Alaska, Independent voters and unaffiliated voters make up a large proportion of the electorate.

nonPartisanALASKA.png

22 hours ago, Peter said:

Sounds sort of British, to me. I like the usual win / lose method.

The British system is more or less the same as the Canadian system for elections to the House of Commons. Each district is a single race for a single seat, one ballot is given to the voter, and the voter can select only one candidate to vote for.  We call it "first past the post."

Ranked-choice voting in Australia has been used since 1918; it's also called "preferential voting."

Another way of looking at ranked-choice voting is as an "instant run-off" ...

Sarah Palin is not universally popular in Alaska, so she may not be totally surprised at the outcome -- especially given that the winner used the SCOTUS abortion ruling to her benefit.

[...] Ms. Peltola cobbled together a winning coalition in the special election by appealing to the same independent streak and devotion to Alaskan interests that Mr. Young was known for. Her father and the longtime congressman were close friends, and, as a young girl, she would tag along as he campaigned for Mr. Young. But she sharply diverges from Mr. Young and her top Republican opponents, including Ms. Palin, in her support for abortion rights, her concern about climate change and her calls for developing Alaska’s resources with greater sensitivity to the needs of local communities. [...]

Quick explainer from the Alaska Division of Elections:

Edited by william.scherk
Added video explainer

The reason we have simple political structures in voting that impose restrictions is to help prevent pure democracy, that is, two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

The only reason people complicate the structure is that they are wolves and are interested in cheating.

All the rest is blah blah blah...

Michael

• Smile 1

On 9/5/2022 at 9:49 AM, william.scherk said:

Surprise, surprise.

An order issued by Judge Aileen Cannon authorizes the appointment of a Special Master and freezes the criminal investigation.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.64.0_2.pdf

Some updates on filings and orders from Federal district court in West Palm Beach, Florida.

The DOJ's notice of appeal (to the 11th Circuit) :

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.64.0_2.pdf

The DOJ's motion for a partial stay, pending appeal:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.69.0_2.pdf

Two entries from the docket by Judge Cannon, from yesterday:

docketEntries-70_71-Sept8-Cannon.jfif

Of note is that part one demands a response from Trump by this coming Monday. Also of note is that the government said it had halted the ODNI processing (with respect to "classified materials"). 

A spokesperson for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence confirmed the pause in a statement to POLITICO: “In consultation with the Department of Justice, ODNI temporarily paused the classification review of relevant materials and assessment of the potential risk to national security that would result from the disclosure of the relevant documents.”

Underscoring its case for allowing the intelligence and law enforcement components of the probe to work together, DOJ contended that it was urgent the FBI be permitted to help investigate dozens of empty folders found at Mar-a-Lago with classification markings to determine what they once held and whether their contents “may have been lost or compromised
[Link]

Curveball: There is only one court that is allowed to hear cases involving the Archivist (almost spelled that Antichrist ...) and Trump's privileges as a (former) President. This footnote from Labor Day's ruling: CannonFootnote-DC-Court-NRA-venue.jfif

Today is the day both parties were odered submit names and outline processes for Special Master ... Judge Cannon is a quick moving force, to my eyes. 

From one point of view she is 'bending over backwards' to make sure the plaintiff's full concerns are heard. From another distinct point of view she is necessarily corrupt and beholden to the man who appointed her -- and to the Federalist Society. Another POV: giving such weight to the concerns of a former president can help to assure a fair outcome for all parties.

Among the judge's concerns as expressed in her Labor Day order:

“Plaintiff faces an unquantifiable potential harm by way of improper disclosure of sensitive information to the public” 

Another odd note I saw raised here and there in Predatorlandia  is that there may be so-called "presidential records" that pertain to confidential matters about Trump himself: tax filings and medical records from the White House physician, for example. The odd note may be compleat speculation.  "Improper disclosure of sensitive information to the public" is a big worry of the Trump side? Perhaps, perhaps not.

(an hour or two exploring the concept of "equity jurisdiction")

If readers here want to see what "Dems" in the shape of Luciferian Arguments sound like, a lot of people hang on this woman's analyses.  Emptywheel.net.  Among them who are spittin' mad about Judge Cannon's work but who rage in discrete, bounded episodes.

I want to flag something that I think will be contentious going forward: Classified documents involving White House Counsel.

In its description of why all classified documents should be exempted from Judge Cannon’s injunction, DOJ noted that classified records cannot belong to Trump, and so he has no basis to make a Rule 41(g) motion. But their explanation of why such records would be excluded from any attorney-client privilege determination is more telling. It only extends to Trump’s personal lawyers.

But that rationale is categorically inapplicable to the classified records at issue in this motion, which are easily identifiable by their markings, are already segregated from the other seized records, and do not include personal records or potentially privileged communications with his personal attorneys.

[snip]

The classification markings establish on the face of the documents that they are government records, not Plaintiff’s personal records. The government’s review of those records does not raise any plausible attorney-client privilege claims because such classified records do not contain communications between Plaintiff and his private attorneys. [my emphasis]

DOJ is right that any classified documents obviously belong to the government.

But Trump’s lawyers don’t even want to cede that point. They refused the motion for a stay with respect to classified documents (which is not surprising, because in the hearing Jim Trusty said they could just make copies of all the classified records).

Counsel for the United States has conferred with counsel for Plaintiff, and Plaintiff opposes the government’s motion.

But there are known government documents in which the White House Counsel were involved that are likely among the ones Trump would most like to withhold: starting with discussions about materials (including a mention of Burisma) excised by the White House Counsel’s office from the transcript of the call between Trump and Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

The particular language used here — specifying that attorney-client privilege only extends to stuff involving Trump’s “personal” or “private” attorneys — suggests there are materials at issue involving Trump’s non-private attorneys, which could be DOJ but is most likely the White House Counsel.

Oh, yeah -- Trump lost round one of his big-ass RICO suit against Clinton et al.

“We vehemently disagree with the opinion issued by the Court today. Not only is it rife with erroneous applications of the law, it disregards the numerous independent governmental investigations which substantiate our claim that the defendants conspired to falsely implicate our client and undermine the 2016 Presidential election,” Trump lawyer Alina Habba said in a statement. “We will immediately move to appeal this decision.”

Fetish word of today: contentious.

Breaking news of more filings. This will need some verification and review. These could be the craziest filings of all the DOJ's crazy filings in Judge Cannon's case. "Will not respond." WTF?

All I got right now is that Trump as Plaintiff is invited to agree or dispute that the ~100 documents are/were classified.

Meanwhile, of interest to Dinesh fans ...

Dinesh's book publisher recalled its pre-delivered copies of his upcoming book. They said "errors," conspiracy theorists say "lAwSuIT bAiT" and we may never know, though a Dinesh D'Souza 'hater' Tom Driesbach managed to track down a copy of the recalled book and tried to squeeze scandal out of it. 

Edited by william.scherk
Tax *filings* ... will return to insert images, or if replied to, will cite from the freshest filings linked above. Sun, fire, wind, bicycle.

Everthing moves fast on Judge Cannon's docket, I say. 

Just up, a joint submission by Plaintiff and the Government, responding to the judge's earlier demand and deadline. Apparently not without drama, the parties came together in time, just:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.83.0.pdf

jointFilingPage1-MAL-Cannon-Sept9.png

Edited by william.scherk

Donald Trump was interviewed by Indian television's NDTV. 

Edited by william.scherk
Duped again

On 9/9/2022 at 7:29 PM, william.scherk said:

Everthing moves fast on Judge Cannon's docket, I say. 

Docket!

Donald Trump's lawyers have filed their motion due today. The DOJ is expected to drop their filing before the day is out.

21 pages of strong argument. 
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.84.0.pdf

Intro: 

This investigation of the 45th President of the United States is both unprecedented and misguided. In what at its core is a document storage dispute that has spiraled out of control, the Government wrongfully seeks to criminalize the possession by the 45th President of his own Presidential and personal records. By way of its Motion [ECF No. 69], the Government now seeks to limit the scope of any review of its investigative conduct and presuppose the outcome, at least as regards to what it deems are “classified records.” However, the Court’s Order [ECF No. 64] is a sensible preliminary step towards restoring order from chaos. The Government should therefore not be permitted to skip the process and proceed straight to a preordained conclusion

WSJ:

Lawyers for former President Donald Trump pressed a federal judge to allow an independent attorney to review all of the documents the FBI seized in its search of Mar-a-Lago, including those marked classified, saying they didn’t trust the Justice Department to accurately represent what was in them.

“The Government has not proven these records remain classified. That issue is to be determined later,” Mr. Trump’s lawyers wrote in a Monday morning filing to U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, who last week ordered the appointment of a special master in the matter. [...]

Via Memeorandom:

On 9/9/2022 at 4:04 PM, william.scherk said:

Oh, yeah -- Trump lost round one of his big-ass RICO suit against Clinton et al.

William,

Maybe. Maybe not.

From Sundance:

A Different Take on the Dismissal of the Trump v Clinton Lawsuit

2-candidate-trump-vs-clinton-rasmussen-p
THECONSERVATIVETREEHOUSE.COM

To accept a bigger picture is often to accept the foundation of what is present is not what it appears. Recently a Florida judge dismissed the lawsuit brought by President Trump against Hillary Clinton. [65-page...

Recently a Florida judge dismissed the lawsuit brought by President Trump against Hillary Clinton. [65-page Ruling Here]  The media have enjoyed ridiculing Trump by using the words of the judge who dismissed the case.  As noted by the Washington Times, “Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks, a Clinton appointee, said Mr. Trump’s filing was too lengthy, detailing events that “are implausible because they lack any specific allegations which might provide factual support for the conclusions reached.”

. . .

When I was about one-third of the way through reading the lawsuit, I initially stopped and said to myself this is going to take a lot of documentary evidence to back up the claims in the assertions.  Dozens of attachments would be needed and hundreds of citations to the dozens of attachments would be mandatory.  Except, they were not there.

After reading further, while completely understanding the background material that was being described in the filing, I realized this wasn’t a lawsuit per se’.  The 108-pages I was holding in my hands was more akin to legal transfer mechanism from President Trump to lawyers who needed it.  The filing was contingent upon a series of documents that would be needed to support the claims within it.

Whoever wrote the lawsuit had obviously reviewed the evidence to support the filing.  However, the attachments and citations were missing. That was weird.  That’s when I realized the purpose of the lawsuit.  In hindsight, things became clear when the DOJ-NSD raided the home of Donald Trump, and suddenly the motive to confiscate the documents that would be the missing lawsuit attachments and citations surfaced.

With the manipulative, and I say intentional, “ongoing investigation” angle of the John Durham probe essentially blocking public release of declassified documents showing the efforts of all the lawsuit participants (Trump-Russia Collusion Hoax), President Trump needed a legal way to secure and more importantly share the evidence.

Think of it like the people around Trump wanting to show lawyers the evidence in the documents.  However, because of the construct of the lawfare being deployed against Trump, any lawyer would need a *reason* to review the evidence.   The Trump -v- Clinton et al lawsuit becomes that ‘reason.’

. . .

If the documents seized by the FBI were part of the lawsuit established by President Trump and his legal team via Trump -v- Clinton, then the material seized is all attorney client work product.  Lawfully obtained, constitutionally declassified and legally protected material.

This is where the ‘special master’ will play a key role.

Keep watching.

That sounds about right.

Trump isn't the kind to do a lawsuit, then leave out the evidence.

He knew the raid on his home was going to happen.

4d chess.

Michael

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Donald Trump's lawyers have filed their motion due today. The DOJ is expected to drop their filing before the day is out.

Drip drop ... headline "DOJ accepts Special Master nominee" ... your mileage may vary.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.86.0.pdf

On 9/12/2022 at 2:25 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

He knew the raid on his home was going to happen.

4d chess.

4D golf!

Steve Bannon was right, except that subpoenas aren't as sexy as Night of the Long Knives or Put Their Heads on Pikes.  He named Epshteyn and cited the Josh Dawsey Washington Post story. Since his Charlie Kirk encounter there has been a storm of reporting from The Usual Suspects aka Enemies of the People.  

I'll get to names and context, if the mental weather holds. Sometimes the density of events is really difficult to summarize.  Slapping together emotive, loaded language is not the fun it once was. This could be due to age. Or, of course, moral-epistemological defects.

The metaphor of the moment ... Charlie Kirk show today.

charlieKirkMAGA-raids_subpoenas_WaterboardingMetaphor.png

Edited by william.scherk
Lost a meaty tweet. The loony liberal wing was engulfed by frenzy yesterday, all about Trump in DC area having a golf club outing; added link and pic of MAGA Waterboarding analysis