Donald Trump

6 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Those who check my claims can check this -- while things have moved quickly in Judge Cannon's handling of this case, Special Master Dearie has until November 30 to report back to her. 

I bet that when a lot of people see a sentence with the name “Dearie” in it, they will try to make sense of it all, not realizing no one is being called something like Sweetie, but that the judge’s name is “Dearie.”  

Notes. Judge Aileen Cannon has appointed Raymond J. Dearie, a former chief federal judge in New York, to sort through more than 11,000 documents — including classified materials — that FBI agents seized from former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence last month.

Feel free to step across the border. I think I get I get the “continental, one big country way” some people think.

Neil Diamond singing . . .

Far, we've been traveling far
Without a home but not without a star
Free, only want to be free
We huddle close, hang on to a dream

On the boats and on the planes
They're coming to America
Never looking back again

Home, don't it seem far away
Oh we're traveling light today
In the eye of the storm
In the eye of the storm

Home, to a new and a shiny place
Make our bed and we'll say our grace
Freedom's light burning warm
Freedom's light burning warm

Everywhere around the world
Every time that flag's unfurled

Got a dream to take 'em there
Got a dream they've come to share

They're coming to America (4 times)
Today (4 times)

Today! My country 'tis of thee
Today! Sweet land of liberty
Today! Of thee I sing
Today! Of thee I sing, yeah!

Songwriters: Solomon Linda, Harmon Charles T, Warsame Keinan Abdi

• Upvote 1

Some interesting facts concerning Canadians and South Africans. Peter

From INSIDER: Popular grocery stores in South Africa include Pic and Pay, Woolworth's, and Shoprite. According to The South African, some urbanites opt to shop for their groceries online. The Financial Times reported that open-air markets are common places to shop for everything from produce to household supplies, but that supermarkets are becoming more widespread. Goats on the Road also advised that grocery store pricing is much less expensive than in North America. In Cape Town, you can find a gallon of milk for around R 47.66 ($3.20) and a pound of beef for about R 45.50 ($3.06). If you want a pound of tomato, expect to pay about R 7.12($0.48).

From Goats on the Road website: Thanks for stopping by to find out more about Goats On The Road! We’re Nick & Dariece, the founders of this travel and lifestyle website. We’re a 30-something couple from Canada who have been travelling and living abroad for more than a decade. We’re here to help you make money online (from home or abroad) so that you can be your own boss, live a freer lifestyle, and spend time doing things you enjoy. Prior to travelling and starting this website, we were just your average couple, living “normal” lives back in Canada – complete with proper full-time jobs, a fully furnished condominium, a vehicle, and all of the other things that we should want at that stage in our lives. But, we wanted more…

• Smile 1

7 hours ago, Peter said:

We? When is DJ going to be the President of Canada?

Yeah anyone who really understands President Trump and MAGA, understands that Trump is not just your President, he is The People's President.

My mantra is My President.

Your mantra is forget about the fraud and lets hope for 2024.

20 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Those who check my claims can check this -- while things have moved quickly in Judge Cannon's handling of this case, Special Master Dearie has until November 30 to report back to her. 

Another expected move -- The DOJ put a motion for a partial stay of Cannon's ruling before the 11th Circuit.

From the Conservative Treehouse: 

DOJ-Mar-a-Lago-Motion-for-Appeal-1.jpg
THECONSERVATIVETREEHOUSE.COM

As the DOJ-NSD originally threatened, they have filed an appeal of the ruling by Judge Cannon in the Trump Mar-a-Lago document case. [Pdf Here] The DOJ is requesting the 11th Circuit Court to intervene and...

Full text of motion: 

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/doj-partial-appeal-special-master/8f788549b848ec04/full.pdf

8 hours ago, william.scherk said:

And the 11th Circuit says to the Trump side, "Let's hear from you no later than noon, Tuesday next."

AP20347853507577-e1607968333232.jpg?ve=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

A court gave former President Trump's lawyers until Tuesday to respond to a DOJ request to continue to use classified documents seized from Mar-a-Lago.

Fc5K2SrXEAEXDFw?format=jpg&name=small

-- at 2PM, the parties are due before Special Master Dearie, who is taking over a courtroom in Brooklyn for his work.  The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, an eleven-judge banc, meets in Atlanta.

In not related news, from the Trump rally tonight, some Trump watchers with partially treatable DS are having their onions grilled again.

See, eg, kerfufflage over a purported "QAnon song" supplying some coincidental oomph to proceedings.

Most of the bug-eyed by Trump-loathing crew predictably get worked up about Judge Cannon.  Much blather about her being an appointee of President Trump and another alum of the Federalist Society. A fair bit of emotional, loaded language about her ipso-facto corruption and fealty to the people who steered her to the bench.

Other sufferers of derangement are more charitable -- considering Cannon to be smart and to have done her darndest to be fair to the office or status or honour of President Trump (while still hideously incorrect and/or sloppy).

Me, I  think she's neither corrupt nor beholden. I tend to believe she's doing her best to afford Trump every advantage to plead a broad "hold everything" case, to affort his side the benefit of the doubt, with reasonable care taken to hear from the DOJ.

She may have her order stayed, she may have some or all of her rulings reversed by the 11th Circuit in the pending appeal. It won't cause scandal if she is reversed. That's what appeals courts are for, fine-tuning and clean-up.

DS mini-comglomerate Meidas Touch gets anxious and kvetchy about everything Trump, but here is one of the Meiselas brothers in a relatively stable mood, with an 'alert.'

Edited by william.scherk
The Meiselas bro with law ticket sounding half-normal

When I removed some of the siding I saw that the planking was browned and soft in places, there were holes and ants and termites.  

When I removed some of the planking I saw that the studs were dark, moist and spongy and brittle in places, there were small gaps and the nails were rusted.

When I removed some of the studs I saw that the large beams everywhere had turned black riddled with gaps and missing whole sections, the remnant of the wood itself was riddled with all vermin and fell away as moist rancid dust at the lightest touch.

I wondered at how the once robust and solid structure smelling so strongly of sap could have come to such a state.  For all it appeared a house, a home a foundation from which all our joys could spring it had sat in its own filth and corruption, rotting literally from the inside while we all swept its floors, lovingly painted its shutters, slept in its apparently nurturing embrace.

Twas indeed not the house nor the foundation upon which it was built… ‘Twas the wood which was its downfall… it was infected at its heart from the very start.

• Like 1

Trump Warns Democrats That They Awakened A ‘Sleeping Giant’

(quote):

Former President Donald Trump hit Democrats with a dose of reality that they did not want to hear.

On Saturday he held a Save America rally in Youngstown, Ohio where he gave a dire warning to the Democrats.

“They have no idea of the sleeping giant that they have awoken,” the president said. “The American people will never accept the corruption and the ruination of our beloved country, and that’s what they want to do.”

Advertisement

He said that on Nov. 8, “we are going to vote in record numbers, and we are going to send these left-wing lunatics a message: They cannot cancel, silence, or ignore … all the abuse, all the smears, and all the attacks will not dissuade us. They will only make us stronger, much stronger. Much much stronger.”

He said he is not concerned about what Democrats are doing to attempt to stop him and promised to keep fighting them.

“No matter what our sick and deranged political establishment throw at me, no matter what they do to me, I will endure their torment and oppression, and I will do it very willingly.

“They will never get me to stop fighting for you, the American people. And I will never quit because the fate of our country is at stake,” he said.

(Read more here:)

• Smile 1

Another filing on the 11th Circuit docket. 

Olivia Troye a self described John McCain Republican, former staffer for Pence assigned from a career intelligence position in DHS is one of the first names to pop out on the brief, so maybe ?

1 hour ago, Strictlylogical said:

Rhinos?

1 hour ago, Strictlylogical said:

Rhinos?

Turncoats, weasels, traitors, quislings and enemies of the people? There are [objective] ways to apprehend reality ...

amiciPage11th-GOP-former.png

Notable are the 80 people and organizations cited on pages 2 to 5 as having an interest in the filing, from Judge Cannon through Trump lawyers Evan Corcoran and Christopher Kise ... to Kash Patel, Judge Reinhart and of course, Donald Trump himself.

The central contention of the amici argument (in support of the government's motion for a partial stay) is that Trump has no 'possessory interest.' From the argument:

First, former President Trump has no right to possess the 100 or so classified records at issue here because no private citizen has a “possessory interest” in the U.S. government’s classified records.

[...]

This proposition is not controversial; even former President Trump’s own brief opposing the Government’s request for a stay did not argue he has a possessory interest in classified documents.

One thing that stands out for me is that in none of the Trump filings have his lawyers claimed that he "declassified" what the government says they own.

While court-watchers can be insanely partisan and emotional at times, this lack of formal legal claim is what floats to the top of the cauldron of opinion from the [traitor/quisling/turncoat] side.

Today, the Trump side is due to respond to the DOJ's filing before the 11th circuit. Detail from Reuters.

[...] The Justice Department must now convince the Atlanta-based appeals court, with a conservative majority, to take its side in litigation over the records probe. Trump appointees make up six of the 11 active judges on the 11th Circuit.

The government's motion comes after U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon on Thursday rejected the same requests from the Justice Department.

Cannon, whom Trump appointed to the bench in 2020, had said she would tell Dearie, who is filling the role of a "special master" in the case, to prioritize the classified records in his review, which she set a Nov. 30 deadline to complete.

[...]

Edited by william.scherk
From [the argument] fixed

A Trump filing today, kvetching about timing and parts of the Judge Dearie's plan to plow through the documents. If I understand the subtext, the Trump side is saying they need more time to be careful; declaring any 'declassification' claim could prejudice a future defense by plaintiff in litigation. 

Tomorrow, in Brooklyn, Dearie and the lawyers will get down to business.

On 9/17/2022 at 8:08 PM, william.scherk said:

-- at 2PM, the parties are due before Special Master Dearie, who is taking over a courtroom in Brooklyn for his work.

Edited by william.scherk
Tweet embed failed

8 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Turncoats, weasels, traitors, quislings and enemies of the people? There are [objective] ways to apprehend reality

If you want an unvarnished view of William's opinion of Trump supporters, take a look at this crud William retweeted - a whole string of Tweets by the same person. (Scroll up from the linked Tweet to see the full series.)

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1571716388439441411

Ellen

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

If I understand the subtext..

William,

You don't.

The subtext is "fuck you" to the other side.

:) 

39 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

If you want an unvarnished view of William's opinion of Trump supporters...

Ellen,

Rand nailed the emotion better than anyone I know.

I think the opinion is resentment at not being seen or valued.

At a Trump rally, self-pity and victimhood manipulations are not there. It's not that they are repudiated. It's that they are not there. At a Trump rally, people are rocking a good time and loving it. There is no place--no recognition--for self-pity and victimhood manipulations.

I think this scares the hell out of those who keep misrepresenting Trump rallies--and Trump supporters in general. There's no way to get a claw hold.

And that, to me, is why they make up so much shit.

Without victimhood, they have no claim to power. What's worse, victimhood is their claim to metaphysical meaning, their only claim to importance. It's hard to realize that one's core reason to exist is so worthless to another, it's not present in the person's mind. It's just not there.

Michael

• Smile 1

13 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Tomorrow, in Brooklyn, Dearie and the lawyers will get down to business.

Meanwhile, at the 11th Circult court of appeals ...

From the penultimate page:

Here, the Government has criminalized a document dispute and now vehemently objects to a transparent process that simply provides much-needed oversight. The Government’s attempt to shield the purportedly classified documents from the ambit of a Senior United States District Judge who served for seven years on a court dealing with the most sensitive national security matters therefore illustrates precisely why the District Court found a special master was appropriate and necessary under the circumstances.

Steve Bannon called Biden's Red Speech the primal scream of a beast in death throes.

Well, this bullshit about the raid on Trump's home by the FBI, and the legal minutia is, as a metaphorical category, the groans and whimpers of the beast in its death throes.

They are not going to stop Trump from running, they are not going to hide the Crossfire Hurricane documents for much longer, and more, they are not going to get people scared of them any longer. All the rest is deployment of technicalities and Hail Mary passes trying to achieve precisely that.

If anyone wants detailed information from a person on the MAGA side who follows the entire process, here is the latest one by Julie Kelly at American Greatness. Read her other articles over there, too. She's good. 

GettyImages-469210724.jpg
AMGREATNESS.COM

With one sentence, U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon spoke for the majority of Americans who no longer have faith in the nation’s top law enforcement agency. “It is also true, of course…

I read the article.

I agree with Julie's conclusions.

And I still yawned throughout reading it...

How many times do the same things have to be repeated in different wording before the boredom becomes life-threatening? 

Does anyone really care how many chunks a turd can be broken up into and the size of each chunk?

Sorry to be vulgar, but jeez...

The English language was made for greater things than that bullshit that is now going on...

We need more Trump Truths (formerly Trump tweets) to jazz it up a little. I mean this one is right up there in excitement and importance with watching paint dry...

Michael

• Upvote 2
  • Smile 1

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

You don't.

Ellen,

Rand nailed the emotion better than anyone I know.

I think the opinion is resentment at not being seen or valued.

At a Trump rally, self-pity and victimhood manipulations are not there. It's not that they are repudiated. It's that they are not there. At a Trump rally, people are rocking a good time and loving it. There is no place--no recognition--for self-pity and victimhood manipulations.

I think this scares the hell out of those who keep misrepresenting Trump rallies--and Trump supporters in general. There's no way to get a claw hold.

And that, to me, is why they make up so much shit.

Without victimhood, they have no claim to power. What's worse, victimhood is their claim to metaphysical meaning, their only claim to importance. It's hard to realize that one's core reason to exist is so worthless to another, it's not present in the person's mind. It's just not there.

Michael

Why is why I roll my eyes whenever someone clutches their pearls and warns them to "not do anything drastic" in response to Leftist provocations and initiations of force, especially when violent, murderous acts from the left,  like the following, are the norm (not to mention the physical attacks on Rand Paul and others, let alone the antifa riots...).

6 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Why is why I roll my eyes whenever someone clutches their pearls and warns them to "not do anything drastic" in response to Leftist instigations, especially when violent, murderous acts from the left,  like the following, are the norm (not to mention the phsyical attacks on Rand Paul and others, let alone the antifa riots...).

Not only are these acts too often ignored by the media, they are usually unrepented, and even celebrated, like this:

uc?id=1kqcoB1NxrzfS6m709b2w47OQxk6v5Dz9

21 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

If you want an unvarnished view of William's opinion of Trump supporters, take a look at this crud William retweeted - a whole string of Tweets by the same person. (Scroll up from the linked Tweet to see the full series.)

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1571716388439441411

Ellen

Adding something I didn’t have time to say earlier:

I went to William's Twitter account inadvertently.  My finger glanced against a click point while I was scrolling an OL page.

I don't know if William habitually retweets stuff by people who harp on the "fascist" labeling of Trump and his supporters.  But considering how long and extensively he's participated on OL, I think that William has no plausible excuse for not knowing better himself.

Ellen

• Upvote 1

There wasn't an immediately-available transcript of the thirty-five minute session in Judge Dearie's courtroom in Brooklyn yesterday, while many commenters published their own enthusiastic reactions. 

On 9/19/2022 at 8:42 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
On 9/19/2022 at 7:15 PM, william.scherk said:

[A Trump filing today, kvetching about timing and parts of the Judge Dearie's plan to plow through the documents.] If I understand the subtext[, the Trump side is saying they need more time to be careful; declaring any 'declassification' claim could prejudice a future defense by plaintiff in litigation.]

Much of the online DS reaction cherry-picked from the proceeding, serving up quotes and paraphrases.

Did Judge Dearie say the plaintiff lawyers, "You can't have your cake and eat it"?  Yes.

Did he tell the plaintiff lawyers that he had a 'prima facie case' of classified records before him -- and that "that's the end [of] it"? Yes, he did. 

The full context provides Trump-side "fuck you" people some reasonable assurances that the judge will be fair and impartial and open to argument. 

Transcript via Twitter: 

Direct link: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/22647923/donald-trump-v-united-states-09202022.pdf

-- in other Trump family news, Trump Junior is outraged at the civil suit just dropped by the New York state attorney-general.  Shades of Allen Weisselberg ...

Spoiler

As you know, we have little time to complete the tasks assigned to the Court. I have presented to you yesterday a draft schedule. I've gotten your comments and I understand there's some stated concerns about the time allocations. I'm happy to hear you on that. Shortly after we conclude here today, I will issue a scheduling order and provide Judge Cannon with a copy of it as well. I think, as a preliminary matter, I just want to make sure I have a full understanding of what really is in dispute. She's asked me to verify the accuracy of the detailed property inventory; address the classification status of the seized documents; ultimately address disputes regarding privilege; categorization of seized documents under the Presidential Records Act; and she's also asked me to assess the full Rule 41 motion for return of the property and I fully understand that motion has not yet been made. I follow directions. I do what I'm told. We won't be in a position to, I appreciate intelligently address any such a claim until the first three issues that I just noted are resolved. We note the subset of materials that the plaintiff may have a possessive interest in. We're going to proceed with what I call "responsible dispatch." I'm not going to hurry but we have a lot to do and a relatively short period of time. I'm told 

there are some 11,000 documents in play. I have no idea what that means in terms of my workload because until I hear from plaintiff's counsel and I'm able to evaluate the number of challenges, claims of privilege, et cetera. Not until then will I know fully the full range of my responsibility. I just want to say at the outset that this is not a criminal case. This is a civil matter brought by the plaintiff which means, of course, the plaintiff has the burden in the first instance of establishing his right to relief. I realize there may be all sorts of litigation strategies in play and I understand and respect that but certainly can't let litigation strategy dictate my resolution and recommendation to Judge Cannon on the viability of any claim of privilege. I just want that to be understood. 

I'm faced with some discrete number of legal judgments and I will endeavor to make responsibly and in due course and follow that my recommendation to Judge Cannon who, of course, we will describe those disputed issues of fact.

Edited by william.scherk
Added text from Judge Dearie's introduction; direct link to NYAG suit; illustrative link to "enthusiasm"

Marc,

My point, infant, is that Trump –  right now – needs to forcefully distance himself from the clot-shot.  He should admit that Fauci and associates made a fool out of him, even if such an admission is difficult for him to make.

The guy in Nazarith, PA with the sign might as well be a shill for the Democrats.  That the “vaccine” is a disaster is becoming mainstream.  You can be sure that come 2024 the Democrats will be pushing the “Trump vaccine” line for all it’s worth.

I don’t much care for Trump but we need anyone other than a leftist for president.  It’s doubtful America will survive the Biden administration, and for sure she won’t survive another term of those gangsters.  

- Mark

• Upvote 1