Love in Bloom

Victor Pross

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, Angie & Victor!

On Jan. 11th I will be picking up my boy from the airport in Bangkok, so, 8 days away for us! Yay! I know two personal friends who are traveling far to see their special others this month. What a great way to start the year! :-)

YAY !!! Oh, my god, you guys did it. I'm totally stoked for you, Jenna. That is awesome and you got what you wanted and that was a January meeting. Congrats !! That is most definitely a marvelous way to start out the new year, love and romance in the air !! You have to let us know how it goes. I think you guys will have so much fun together. It will be me and Victor's turn next, very soon !! Wooohooo !!! Again Congrats, Jenna !! :heart:

Angie

Jenna, Victor and Angie,

All happiness to you all for a highly romantic 2007, which hopefully will mark the beginning of a long, long journey of love and joy.

This manner of romance can work. It has for us.

Michael & Kat

Thank you, Mike and Kat. It's me and Victor's turn next for the love and romance to be in the air. *Huge smile* 2007 will be an amazing year !!

Great, Angie & Victor!

On Jan. 11th I will be picking up my boy from the airport in Bangkok, so, 8 days away for us! Yay! I know two personal friends who are traveling far to see their special others this month. What a great way to start the year! :-)

That's today huh? Well good luck!

Just occured to me that the first thing that she does when she meets this guy is not going to be come home and check to see if anybody on Objectivist Living noticed that today is the day.

Edited by Jeff Kremer

Just occured to me that the first thing that she does when she meets this guy is not going to be come home and check to see if anybody on Objetvist Living noticed that today is the day.

Especially if they...um... like each other in person as they did over cyber space. [insert Groucho Marx moustache and cigar here.]

• 2 weeks later...

Jenna,

I am totally ecstatic to hear that things went so well !! Aw, you guys are so cute. :) I am sure you guys had a lot of fun !! It will be me and Victor's time very soon as well, as soon as some obstacles are overcome. I'm so looking forward to it and can hardly wait. I'm glad that you guys were able to get together sooner than expected and the meeting obviously went so well. Congrats, Girl !!

Angie

Jenna, this is totally awesome! (I feel like a teenager again). Seriously, this is very good news. I’m happy to know that internet spawned romances can yield happy results. You two look good together. Listen, I hope he’s a good kisser. I think the foundation of a good relationship is someone who knows how to kiss—the art of long, lingering, passionate and pliant enough smooches to let you know that he cares. :turned:

You know, I’m both ecstatic and a little frustrated, I must confess: your pairing up with your new boyfriend makes me long even more for the eventual meeting of my spectacularly gorgeous and wonderful girlfriend---Angie! God, let the days pass fast!

Hey, Angie and I are now closer than ever and our meeting will be a seamless transfer of “potential” to “actual.” Actually, we are in that actual stage right now. Maybe you had a similar experience. I would like to hear more of the first meeting --the interent dude to the flesh and blood human being.

-Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

Thank you everyone! And I look forward to reading/seeing more of Victor/Angie and Kat/Michael's stories! Here are photos of my boyfriend: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennaw/sets/72157594500074542/ (and me, if I'm involved somehow). General Thailand photos are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennaw/sets/72157594442146693/. I'll try to write more later, I'm still organizing my mind after this whirlwind of a month!

Hey all,

Everything was wonderful. Being on tropical beaches probably added to the whole thing, too... I just have to say, after the fact, that love can't be distilled down into a list of things, described before you experience it, or cordoned off with rope under a specific heading. Part of it is undefined, in my experience-- there are so many instances of being in love where there are just no words for it, that I could not have known before experiencing it. There are instances that are unexplainable except only to the people involved.

I think any love experience is individual for each couple; so for me to explain my experience probably wouldn't translate so well to help anyone else. Despite the language difference (Austrian German & English), we understood each other more completely than many people who I have met who speak English perfectly. I had to come face-to-face with someone who grew up European, which is different than someone who grew up American. His mannerisms, habits, and outlook are all European, and there *is* a difference. So we've had to explain each other's cultures, and deal with that, which is fun (and sometimes puzzling) because both of us are open-minded and have seen some of the world. Also, we're both easy-going people so we could deal with a large variety of issues (unexpected high tide, injuries, crappy rooms, food poisoning, rock-climbing safety), so small issues weren't a problem. I think it just depends on who you both are as people, how you deal with things and with each other, and if the equation is balanced (both people are strong), things will be fine.

I didn't have a checklist, but I knew what I *didn't* want. When I started knowing Jogl, something clicked, and I knew that this was going to be something special. I don't think I should try to force out a list, or write down why or how; it just all lies in the person that he is, in the person that I am, in the people that we are when we are with each other. I think this is like that saying, where the relationship isn't the couple looking at each other, but both looking forward in the same direction. :)

372813369_578ecbf813.jpg

Jenna, I think I understand what you are trying to say (or not say;): connecting with someone is incommunicable when trying to explain it to others—and sometimes even to ourselves. But when you come across someone who “mirrors” you, it seems that the “sensation” hits you before you can process the information. A connection can be made immediately, I think, but it may take a little more time to identify it as love—or a little more time may be required to have it blossom into love. Maybe that’s why Angie and I named this thread “love in bloom” instead of “love blossomed.” But now it is love blossomed! :turned:

-Victor

Thank you everyone! And I look forward to reading/seeing more of Victor/Angie and Kat/Michael's stories! Here are photos of my boyfriend: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennaw/sets/72157594500074542/ (and me, if I'm involved somehow). General Thailand photos are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennaw/sets/72157594442146693/. I'll try to write more later, I'm still organizing my mind after this whirlwind of a month!

Oh, my GAWD, Jenna, you guys are so cute together. I looked through your shots and you guys look so happy together. The comfort level with each other is amazing to see. You guys obviously click so well. Oh, my heart aches, GOD, I so can't wait to see Victor. *sighing* Soon enough. I'm really starting to lose my patience but hangin' in there for the time being. But we got a date pretty much set and now working around some obstacles to make it happen but will definitely happen around the time we set. Even if the days have to be adjusted a bit, it's all GOOD !! I told Victor that Guitar, Interrupted was my favorite of the ones I've seen of you guys. The looks and huge smiles from ear to ear on both of you truly says it all. Congrats, Girl. You deserve it !! I hope you guys are able to be together soon rather than seeing each other through trips and emails and phone calls.

Angie

When do you two meet? The tension is killing me!

I'm seeing him again NEXT MONTH. 2 weeks again. Yay! I uploaded more photos today.

377827742_16cad809be.jpg

377827504_271b8287df.jpg

It always looks like I'm bigger than he is, but it's because I'm always sitting on or leaning in front of him. He's at least half a foot taller than me and 24 kg. heavier. And yes, Victor, he's a fantastic kisser :) :heart:

p.s. that Love Theme song was soooo schmaltzy... yeah, Victor, make sure you're holding a long stemmed rose in your teeth when you walk through that door. ;) Goes good w/ the music.

Oh, my GAWD, Jenna, you guys are so cute together. I looked through your shots and you guys look so happy together. The comfort level with each other is amazing to see. You guys obviously click so well. Oh, my heart aches, GOD, I so can't wait to see Victor. *sighing* Soon enough. I'm really starting to lose my patience but hangin' in there for the time being. But we got a date pretty much set and now working around some obstacles to make it happen but will definitely happen around the time we set. Even if the days have to be adjusted a bit, it's all GOOD !! I told Victor that Guitar, Interrupted was my favorite of the ones I've seen of you guys. The looks and huge smiles from ear to ear on both of you truly says it all. Congrats, Girl. You deserve it !! I hope you guys are able to be together soon rather than seeing each other through trips and emails and phone calls.

Angie

Jenna,

You two are good-looking people, like Angie and me. ;]

You know, I think the primary criterion for social bonding is ruled by mass media. Relationships tend to occur within the same aesthetically defined class...with beauty accruing to beauty and homeliness to homeliness--well, except for the occasional acctress who mates with her business manager, of course.

As it is, Angie and I are looking at end of March or early April. (I know, I know). We "met", as you know, here at OL in Aug 2006, and so we have really gotten to know each other very well. We have talked EVERY DAY from Aug 10th to this day. Right now, we are going a little stir crazy...if you know what I mean. :drool:

-Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

God help me, I love 1950s rock love songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlBvbIlcdvY...ted&search= (Two Eyes - Tommy Steele)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abxTwnr4yXA ("Oh Baby Doll" - Chuck Berry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W2u7-8-oFY...ted&search= ("Only You" - The Platters)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ayNdjFyk1c...ted&search= ("Tutti Frutti" - Little Richard)