Love in Bloom

Victor Pross

I started to giggle when I saw Victor's black-and-white pics, total greaser/James Dean/rebel :) But then I read the thread. I was gonna say that if you come to SF, you'll find lots of vintage clothing here (and tons of 20-30-stomethings that dress like that and play in rock bands) that's perfect for that look! It's nice to see more of the forum's faces up in photographs. I really do think that photos speak a thousand words.

Thanks Jenna. Hey, I no longer wear clothes from the 1950s. I'm more updated: 1980s. :laugh:

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started to giggle when I saw Victor's black-and-white pics, total greaser/James Dean/rebel :) But then I read the thread. I was gonna say that if you come to SF, you'll find lots of vintage clothing here (and tons of 20-30-stomethings that dress like that and play in rock bands) that's perfect for that look! It's nice to see more of the forum's faces up in photographs. I really do think that photos speak a thousand words.

Jenna,

I have to giggle with you because Victor is kinda stuck in the middle ages still when it comes to technology such as cameras and Ipods. LOL Btw, Victor honey, just kidding. I think it is cute, honey. I'll more than likely be buying him an Ipod soon eventually anyway as I know he will absolutely love it. But Jenna, he's not much of a techno type of guy. We've been sending pix of each other since last September or so and I just recently sent him a video. I have a few recent pix of him but I'm hoping he will upload some more onto that site. I went down late last year and picked up a camera and have been playing with it much and I was going to wait until me and Victor finally got together before getting a website going. But I figured what the hell, might as well do it now !! So since he is stuck in the dark ages a bit still, I think the more recent photos will be when we finally meet. :) Hey, I'm slowly bringing him into modern times. LOL

I've been doing some research off and on with photo sharing websites. How do you like flickr? Photobucket is okay but I don't really like their sub albums and the way it is set up and plus it is so blah looking. I checked out Image Station last night and they definitely have more features but some drawbacks to them. Kodak also has a photo sharing site but way limited on storage unless you sign up for a year membership. I like the format that flickr has and the features but still researching the other ones out there. So how do you like them?

Edit: Oh, and trust me, Victor doesn't dress like that now. He's a very nice dresser. In that sense, he is more up to date. :) But techno-wise, I gotta help bring him into this century. He's willing so it will be fun and interesting.

Edited by CNA

Jenna,

I have to giggle with you because Victor is kinda stuck in the middle ages still when it comes to technology such as cameras and Ipods. LOL Btw, Victor honey, just kidding. I think it is cute, honey. I'll more than likely be buying him an Ipod soon eventually anyway as I know he will absolutely love it. But Jenna, he's not much of a techno type of guy. We've been sending pix of each other since last September or so and I just recently sent him a video. I have a few recent pix of him but I'm hoping he will upload some more onto that site. I went down late last year and picked up a camera and have been playing with it much and I was going to wait until me and Victor finally got together before getting a website going. But I figured what the hell, might as well do it now !! So since he is stuck in the dark ages a bit still, I think the more recent photos will be when we finally meet. :) Hey, I'm slowly bringing him into modern times. LOL

I've been doing some research off and on with photo sharing websites. How do you like flickr? Photobucket is okay but I don't really like their sub albums and the way it is set up and plus it is so blah looking. I checked out Image Station last night and they definitely have more features but some drawbacks to them. Kodak also has a photo sharing site but way limited on storage unless you sign up for a year membership. I like the format that flickr has and the features but still researching the other ones out there. So how do you like them?

Edit: Oh, and trust me, Victor doesn't dress like that now. He's a very nice dresser. In that sense, he is more up to date. :) But techno-wise, I gotta help bring him into this century. He's willing so it will be fun and interesting.

Hey, baby, I'm a blast from the past, sure---but at least I'm a blast! B)

Jenna,

Hey, baby, I'm a blast from the past, sure---but at least I'm a blast! B)

Honey, you're so damn cute !! You're a modern guy that's for sure. But with the whole techno deal, the Ipod and camera, etc., I gotta bring ya into modern times.

I will check out the thread, but I don't think I can go if it's in 2007 (I'm only 17 now, so something tells me my parents won't want me going). Especially if I'm young, eh? LOL. I think maybe I'll feel kinda left out, like I always do at "grown-up" events. Hopefully the O'ists will be more tolerant of youngins. Y'all have been so far. *coughs*hopefully Perigo isn't there*coughs*

No, I assumed you wouldn't show up until next year! Although there have been teenagers there in the past, I assume they were accompanying their parents. And last year, Perigo ran a protest against the event in a bookshop a few blocks away, or so I heard. Last year the youngest attendee was under one year old, so I think you'd be fine. :P

Judith

Kori wrote:

Ah, I was gonna say, holy damn and dag, dawg! I didn't have the balls to play tackle on the concrete, but boy did I get lots of injuries on the concrete. I'm surprised that I actually don't have too many scars. Got hurt all the damn time when I was a REAL youngin. Hit in the head with a softball, smacked my head on concrete at the pool, ran into a brick wall (yeah...uh...), numerous falls.

Ah, so that explains it. :lol:

Yeah, same here on all the mishaps. I have too many to count just as you. Yikes. I had one playing tag or something or other and there was a laundry rope that was dangling and I didn't see it. Well, not good to run into that thing running full speed. Wrapped right around my neck and I kept going. Nothing like being yanked by your neck backwards and landing flat on your ass with that thing around your neck. I had a scar for many years from that accident but eventually faded. I also have some pretty bad jet skiing accidents. But you know, we're still here, breathing, thriving, and pushing forward to never give up. We all learn from our mistakes. Well, most of us do anyway.

Kori wrote:
Ah, I was gonna say, holy damn and dag, dawg! I didn't have the balls to play tackle on the concrete, but boy did I get lots of injuries on the concrete. I'm surprised that I actually don't have too many scars. Got hurt all the damn time when I was a REAL youngin. Hit in the head with a softball, smacked my head on concrete at the pool, ran into a brick wall (yeah...uh...), numerous falls.

Ah, so that explains it. :lol:

Yeah, same here on all the mishaps. I have too many to count just as you. Yikes. I had one playing tag or something or other and there was a laundry rope that was dangling and I didn't see it. Well, not good to run into that thing running full speed. Wrapped right around my neck and I kept going. Nothing like being yanked by your neck backwards and landing flat on your ass with that thing around your neck. I had a scar for many years from that accident but eventually faded. I also have some pretty bad jet skiing accidents. But you know, we're still here, breathing, thriving, and pushing forward to never give up. We all learn from our mistakes. Well, most of us do anyway.

LOL. I have seriously thought about whether those incidents have affected my brain. Wowie, can't believe you got clotheslined. Ouchies. :shocked: :unsure: When I was very young, the injuries were from accidents, but as I got older, they came from fights. I like/d to play this punch out game: two people, I punch the guy, he punches me back, I punch him, he punches back (on the arms or something, of course, not the face). You see who says "stop" first...and they're the puss. LOL. Good times. Kinda like the game mercy. Also loved to wrestle. Damn, I've been reminiscing a lot in this last week and now I miss those good ol' days. :cry: :baby:

The Victor and Angie household:

Since I’m an old-fashioned guy, I pretty much see my home as my castle, and so a few ground rules need to be set:

Harrumph! I wear the pants in the family, and as such, I will be the primary bread winner. A women’s place is in the home. I do not tolerate so-called “career women” when the only job that the little women should be performing is housework and rearing children. I’m the man, and this is what I expect from my woman….

That is…if she’ll let me be a He-Man. Honey, can I play the part of the He-man cave man! Huh, can I? Can I? Pretty please! :hyper:

Edited by Victor Pross

Well Flickr is down at the moment, they have a tech problem that's giving them a hard time. But it's only happened once in the year that I've been on flickr. Overrall, if you get a free account you can post up to 200 photos and make 3 albums (or sets, as they call them). If you buy an account (for $25/yr.) you can get unlimited everything. I like it a lot even though I have some suggestions. The best part is that you can block people who are creeping you out (which I have done), and you can write little notes on other people's photos, and you can join "photo forums" where you can discuss things and post photos that people in that forum can see. Basically, it took me awhile to look around on Flickr before I found out how neat it was, so it takes getting used to.

When they're back up, make an account and play around. It's pretty neat.

Jenna,

Victor -- I was impressed by how well you took Michael's constructive advice on comparisons to most people.

Charles,

Victor is actually an intelligent independent mind and he is talented. He also is not adverse to learning (although some things need their own time to develop). These are characteristics I value highly. His bombastic, abrasive and overgeneralized style projects a false image of who he is. But caricatures do that, too, so his writing is essentially true to that nature—mostly without the humor, which is the strong point of caricature. If you look behind that style, you will see a very good person with a big heart and the fact that he has learned much. If you want a good contrast, go to Solo Passion and read some of his posts back then (a year or so ago).

I predict wonderful things for Victor.

Michael

Vic:

~ Just merely browsed through (mostly the end of) this thread. Probably won't return (see ya elsewhere.) However, from what I've read, may I suggest a piece of advice? --- Don't matter who 'wears the pants' in any family. What matters is how who reacts/responds when they're off, and I don't necessarily mean literally.

:)

LLAP

J:D

Victor -- I was impressed by how well you took Michael's constructive advice on comparisons to most people.

Charles,

Victor is actually an intelligent independent mind and he is talented. He also is not adverse to learning (although some things need their own time to develop). These are characteristics I value highly. His bombastic, abrasive and overgeneralized style projects a false image of who he is. But caricatures do that, too, so his writing is essentially true to that nature—mostly without the humor, which is the strong point of caricature. If you look behind that style, you will see a very good person with a big heart and the fact that he has learned much. If you want a good contrast, go to Solo Passion and read some of his posts back then (a year or so ago).

I predict wonderful things for Victor.

Michael

Hell, I most certainly don’t mind being compared to John Travolta versus, say, Jason Alexander from Seinfeld. Hey, Travolta has the looks and moves. (“I got chills and they’re multiplying.”) :ike:

Vic:

~ Just merely browsed through (mostly the end of) this thread. Probably won't return (see ya elsewhere.) However, from what I've read, may I suggest a piece of advice? --- Don't matter who 'wears the pants' in any family. What matters is how who reacts/responds when they're off, and I don't necessarily mean literally.

:)

LLAP

J:D

John, if you want to see me -elsewhere' —go to some of the art threads and help me! I’m being attacked, straw manned, purposely misrepresented by people who have no real arguments, but lots of insults. (I know you really dig that sort of thing). Come on, buddy, jump in there. Help! :poke:

Edited by Victor Pross

The Victor and Angie household:

Since I’m an old-fashioned guy, I pretty much see my home as my castle, and so a few ground rules need to be set:

Harrumph! I wear the pants in the family, and as such, I will be the primary bread winner. A women’s place is in the home. I do not tolerate so-called “career women” when the only job that the little women should be performing is housework and rearing children. I’m the man, and this is what I expect from my woman….

That is…if she’ll let me be a He-Man. Honey, can I play the part of the He-man cave man! Huh, can I? Can I? Pretty please! :hyper:

Oh, Hell no. Who wears the pants in the family? nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. Won't be having any of that crazy shit up in my house. My white ass. I didn't spend 6 years in college to just toss it down the drain so I could wait on you hand and foot and be bare foot and pregnant, slaving around the house picking up after your funky ass. You say you don't tolerate career women, BRING IT ON, BABY, BRING IT ON. I'm waitin'. And we'll see who is the slave bitch around the house when I get done.

Edited by CNA

My god, Ange. What an image. I'm frightened and I am not the one who will be living with you.

Your white ass? LMFAO. You forgot to throw in "gangsta bitch." Watch out, Victor, she'll bus' a cap in yo' azz.

P.S. Six years?! Good golly. I don't know if I can handle even one more year.

My god, Ange. What an image. I'm frightened and I am not the one who will be living with you.

Your white ass? LMFAO. You forgot to throw in "gangsta bitch." Watch out, Victor, she'll bus' a cap in yo' azz.

*laughing so hard my tummy hurts* Oh, he knows I am just playing around with him just as he was playing with me.

Victor, honey, you know I am just playing with you, honey. When I saw what you posted, I just couldn't resist. I'm still laughing so hard my tummy hurts. Honey, no cave man or cave woman deal. You know that I hope. holy hell, man, I need to breath. Hell, my tummy is getting a workout right now.

I love you, Victor and you know this.

*laughing so hard my tummy hurts* Oh, he knows I am just playing around with him just as he was playing with me.

Victor, honey, you know I am just playing with you, honey. When I saw what you posted, I just couldn't resist. I'm still laughing so hard my tummy hurts. Honey, no cave man or cave woman deal. You know that I hope. holy hell, man, I need to breath. Hell, my tummy is getting a workout right now.

I love you, Victor and you know this.

Sweetie, of course I know you’re kidding. In all seriousness, I’m the most modern, liberated and loving “old-fashioned traditionalist” in the world. I take only the best parts from both worlds. Now make me some grub, woman! :hairy:

Oh, Ange. I anticipate that Victor will say, "Gladly!" But hey, I shouldn't make assumptions.

Where the eff do you people get all these awesome emoticons? :cry:

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/u...01_ZNxdm824YYUS

there's a trick to uploading them onto OL. you can't save them directly from the website. what you do is put them into an email, send the email to yourself. open email. right click on the emoticon and save to your hard drive. go to OL, open up a PM to yourself, upload the emoticon and attached to the PM. then send it to yourself. open the PM up, right click and copy the URL and then insert the image into your post. it sounds like a lot but the more you do it the easier it gets.

Now make me some grub, woman! :hairy:

Honey-----> post-91-1172044061.gif

Such man-bashing here! This is a shocking display of ingratitude toward the sex that invented nylon, the telephone and the chastity belt. B)

:devil: Such a shame, isn't it ?!?! post-91-1172044983.gif Bwahahahaha

Thanks Ange. LOL...sure does sound like a lot.

Kori just disappeared all of a sudden. Victor, I bet she is downloading thst program now and is having to restart her computer. She just can't resist. gotta have 'em !!!

Thanks Ange. LOL...sure does sound like a lot.

Kori just disappeared all of a sudden. Victor, I bet she is downloading thst program now and is having to restart her computer. She just can't resist. gotta have 'em !!!

Does this mean, yo, that I'll have two, yo, bitches on my ass, yo?