Love in Bloom

Victor Pross

Honey, cheer-up! (hee-hee) I would just as soon meet you at the airport or Niagara Falls. Well, perhaps Kat is right, Niagara Falls does sound romantic. We could walk around and take in the sights, hold hands, talk, have a few drinks, get to know each other more…and….rent a room. Harrumph! :heart:

Edited by Victor Pross

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sheraton over on the Canadian side has nice jacuzzi suites with windows overlooking the falls.

I'm just sayin'.... :devil:

rde

Always There To Help

Edited by Rich Engle

[...] Steve, you ARE an absolute doll. Big hugs and kisses :kiss: :hug: Wow. Thank you for this wonderful news.

Feels just like New Year's Eve! ... It's a real pleasure to be of help to you two.

[...] I'm going to read the site you provided to see exactly what I need to get to Canada and back as of now. I know the previous and old way was birth certificate and some type of ID such as a driver's license.

It appears to still be that way for returning to the U.S., according to this page from U.S. Customs. (The State Department site doesn't seem to list the rules-for-now any more, as to land and sea crossings.) The same two requirements appear to be in effect for entering Canada, according to their Website.

Edited by Greybird

[...] Steve, you ARE an absolute doll. Big hugs and kisses :kiss: :hug: Wow. Thank you for this wonderful news.

Feels just like New Year's Eve! ... It's a real pleasure to be of help to you two.

[...] I'm going to read the site you provided to see exactly what I need to get to Canada and back as of now. I know the previous and old way was birth certificate and some type of ID such as a driver's license.

It appears to still be that way for returning to the U.S., according to this page from U.S. Customs. (The State Department site doesn't seem to list the rules-for-now any more, as to land and sea crossings.) The same two requirements appear to be in effect for entering Canada, according to their Website.

Thank you very much, Steve, for supplying all the wonderful sites and information. It's actually already in the works. :) Wooohooo !! Believe it or not, I prefer it this way, you know, crossing the border by land rather than air. It's more convenient for me. I can bring over a bit more personal stuff, larger quantities such as shampoo and conditioner, etc. by land rather than air. Customs is pretty strict if you're travelling by air. I've been doing quite a bit of research tonight. I'm so damn excited and I just can't wait so checking into a lot right now. I can pick up an airline ticket from John Wayne to Denver to Buffalo Niagara Airport for 200 bucks. Then get a car rental for pretty cheap. It's a 45 minute drive to Niagara Falls. Work shouldn't be a problem. The thing with my son might have to be worked on but sure all will be fine with that. *sighing blissfully* So damn excited. YAY !!! I've been smiling all day !! I'm so stoked that I don't have to wait 3 more months for my passport. It's going to be so much fun. They so suck the big one where I submitted my paperwork for the passport and their telling me what they did and not informing me about the other info that went along with it. But anyway, doesn't matter now. I get to see my baby sooner thanks to you !! :)

Angie

I'm gonna marry this girl one day.

Guy d'Hardelot :

Because you come to me

With naught save love

And hold my hand and lift mine eyes above

A wider world of hope and joy I see

Because you come to me.

Because you speak to me in accents sweet

I find the roses waking round my feet

And I am led through tears and joy to thee

Because you speak to me.

Because God made thee mine

I'll cherish thee

Through light and darkness through all time to be

And pray his love may make our love divine

Because God made thee mine!

Edited by Victor Pross

Angie, I believe it is possible to get a passport much more quickly than through the normal process of personally dealing with the State Department and the Passport Office. I needed one in a hurry, and I found a company that expedites the process; I received my passport in three days. This was before the new law, but I believe these companies are still speeding the process considerably. They charge, of course, but it's well worth it; if I recall correctly, it cost me approximatelu an extra $20 to use their service.

You can find such companies in the Yellow Pages, under Passports.

Barbara

Barbara,

Thank you very much for the information on the services that can expedite the process. I've never needed one before so this is all a bit knew to me. I'll definitely keep it in mind just in case I may need to use it in the future though. Since I can go through the border by land without it, I'm happy to say I'm not so much worried about the passport deal anymore. :) But again thank you very much for offering that news as well. I'm sure despite the new law that these companies would still be around. :)

Chris,

Thank you. It's being worked on now and definitely soon. My only issue now is my son Chris. I knew it then but now that it is here and not having to wait another 3 months trying to work something out. His daily schedule conflicts greatly with the individuals that would be the ones to watch him, except one and that is more along the lines of timing and getting it right. If it comes down to it, we can do the weekend deal and we talked about this lastnight because we both want to see each other desparately. But I am still hoping for longer than just 2 days, especially with it being our first time meeting. So with that, I am willing to wait just a tiny tiny bit longer, check all other avenues before doing the 2 day trip becuase I would love to have at least a week for our first time meeting, or even 4 days, extended weekend type thing. But we'll see what happens. I should know for sure if all will be done with Chris in the coming weeks. If it is a go and Chris can be watched for that time in the middle of May, I'll do it. Oy, you know, we've waited this long so far, I will be able to wait an additional 3 weeks if it means we can spend more than a week together for our first meeting rather than 2 days. It will work out and will be soon eitther way !!

Angie

I'm gonna marry this girl one day.

Guy d'Hardelot :

Because you come to me

With naught save love

And hold my hand and lift mine eyes above

A wider world of hope and joy I see

Because you come to me.

Because you speak to me in accents sweet

I find the roses waking round my feet

And I am led through tears and joy to thee

Because you speak to me.

Because God made thee mine

I'll cherish thee

Through light and darkness through all time to be

And pray his love may make our love divine

Because God made thee mine!

Thank you, Honey. Very sweet and very beautiful. :heart: Still amazes me how romantic you are !!

For those who have a wooed at the prospect of our first meeting—Angie and I—we have agreed to meet at Niagara Falls for the sheer romance of the place and because of the practically it offers. We are looking at the month of May. (Yes, that's from 'My Girl' :aww: )

Easier to meet now, Niagara Falls, May! Now here is an example of the ideal meeting the practical.

Edited by Victor Pross

• 2 weeks later...
Today at 7pm I go on a flight to Vienna, Austria, to meet my man for the 2nd time! Hopefully if I get internet access there, I'll post photos. :-)

438793732_12319c6deb_m.jpg

You're going out for the second time! Man, you are killing me! (Angie too, I bet) :baby:

Today at 7pm I go on a flight to Vienna, Austria, to meet my man for the 2nd time! Hopefully if I get internet access there, I'll post photos. :-)

438793732_12319c6deb_m.jpg

God, you guys are so cute. Love the tree !! :) Congrats on the second go around. Unfortunately Victor and I have run into some problems but very soon for us too. Once we get over a few hurdles, I'll be on my way. I put in another expedite for my birth certificate and should be here very soon !! Chris will be taken care of for the May 23 to 31 time I'll be gone. Thereafter it will be much easier for both of us to hook up more often. :) God, I can hardly wait. Congrats, Jenna !!

Thank you both! Well we met up early (after 4 months of email) because both of us are impatient and spontaneous. And we've traveled before so we have all our documentation all set.

I've never had my name on a tree before! Well first time for everything!

So I really hope you two do meet up. It's like the final step, and I couldn't rest easy until I met him.

--J

God, you guys are so cute. Love the tree !! :) Congrats on the second go around. Unfortunately Victor and I have run into some problems but very soon for us too. Once we get over a few hurdles, I'll be on my way. I put in another expedite for my birth certificate and should be here very soon !! Chris will be taken care of for the May 23 to 31 time I'll be gone. Thereafter it will be much easier for both of us to hook up more often. :) God, I can hardly wait. Congrats, Jenna !!

At first, there was a snippet of doubt as to the feasibility that Angie and I would be able to meet in May. This is no longer a concern. Angie and I will be FINALLY meeting May 23 at Niagara Falls—the epicenter of romance! (On the Canadian side, eh?) It is absolutely set and we are ecstatic!! Finally!!

This is me: :D

This is Angie: :w00t:

Most definitely. It is as concrete as it can get, eh !!! Like, oh, my GOD, we are so finally meeting on May 23rd in NF. LOL Had to do it, eh. hehhehehehe Okay, Honey, will knock off the little joke. But I have to rub it in, eh. :lol:

Yeah, we are finally meeting and I am soooo excited. FINALLY, my God. Will be picking up the plane ticket tomorrow or the next day !!! I'm very nervous but so excited about finally meeting my baby boo.

Most definitely. It is as concrete as it can get, eh !!! Like, oh, my GOD, we are so finally meeting on May 23rd in NF. LOL Had to do it, eh. hehhehehehe Okay, Honey, will knock off the little joke. But I have to rub it in, eh. :lol:

Yeah, we are finally meeting and I am soooo excited. FINALLY, my God. Will be picking up the plane ticket tomorrow or the next day !!! I'm very nervous but so excited about finally meeting my baby boo.

I better find a tree to carve our names into, hon. :turned:

Jenna: It sounds like things are going really well with you. I wish you all the best.

The mush thread. Mushy, mushy mush. :laugh:

Obviously to your tastes, Brant, since you keep reading it! :smile:

Judith

Brant and Judith,

Angie and I are shamelessly mushy. Yes, we relish in it. It’s not something that is really characteristic of me, (and perhaps not of Angie) but Angie brings this quality out in me. I suppose I do the same for her. Hey, Angie bought her ticket today! She has made reservations at the Sheridan, and so we are set! Hmmm, considering that that this is a first time meeting, I wonder if we are taking a leap of faith. :turned:

-Victor

Of course, this is for Angie baby. Just because I want to. :)

Love's Philosophy - Shelly

The fountains mingle with the river,

And the rivers with the ocean;

The winds of heaven mix forever

With a sweet emotion;

Nothing in the world is single;

All things by a law divine

In another's being mingle--

Why not I with thine?

See, the mountains kiss high heaven,

And the waves clasp one another;

No sister flower could be forgiven