Love in Bloom

Victor Pross

Thanks Ange. LOL...sure does sound like a lot.

Kori just disappeared all of a sudden. Victor, I bet she is downloading thst program now and is having to restart her computer. She just can't resist. gotta have 'em !!!

Does this mean, yo, that I'll have two, yo, bitches on my ass, yo?

Hate to break it to ya, honey, but probably. Hmmm...it's taking awfully long unless she just straight out passed out on the keyboard. All I know is it is going to be time for bed for me very soon. Work tomorrow and it may be a very long day so need some rest.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kori just disappeared all of a sudden. Victor, I bet she is downloading thst program now and is having to restart her computer. She just can't resist. gotta have 'em !!!

Hate to break it to ya, honey, but probably. Hmmm...it's taking awfully long unless she just straight out passed out on the keyboard. All I know is it is going to be time for bed for me very soon. Work tomorrow and it may be a very long day so need some rest.

Honey, get all the rest you need. I'll be in shortly after...in my dreams. :turned:

My god, do I have to give you a lesson in how to be a gangsta? :lol:

Hey, who says I disappeared? Matter cannot be created or destroyed, ya dig?

I can dig that, brotha. So long as you never turn into a *cough*douchebag*cough*

Douchebag? Me? NEVER! Look at the endearing terms Angie calls me: "boo" and "baby" and "pumpkin." She knows the man that is largely hidden from public viewing, the man behind the “bombastic, irrational, mind-controlling” caricature lampooner. I’m a lovable cuddly teddy bear. :cool:

Victor, I've yet to see this "bombastic, irrational, mind-controlling" dude. :shocked:

Kori,

I'm yet to see it myself as well. I will admit though that he can be a bit agressive but he has very firm convictions and stands by them, convictions he has come to on his own from his own personal experiences and understanding. But boy, as to bombastic, irrational behavior, I've seen much worse elsewhere in others. Many sides to a person you do not see when dealing only with online message boards.

Edited by CNA

Victor, I've yet to see this "bombastic, irrational, mind-controlling" dude. :shocked:

Kori,

I'm yet to see it myself as well. I will admit though that he can be a bit agressive but he has very firm convictions and stands by them, convictions he has come to on his own from his own personal experiences and understanding. But boy, I've seen much worse elsewhere. Many sides to a person you do not see when dealing only with online message boards.

Hey, sweetie, I have been called all those nasty things, but I don’t think that describes me at all, actually. Sometimes one can be called those things merely by disagreeing with others-- who are eager to hang those denigrating titles on you because you stand by your convictions. Honey, you'll never see a "bombastic, irrational, mind-controlling" dude around you. Just a sweet nag...when I think you need to get more rest. :heart:

Vic:

~ That is one cute Mary-Poppinsish pic!

~ Ok: she's the white one

~ You're taking the pic, right?

~ Who's the other one in the pic?

LLAP

J:D

Er, the other one in the pic is ME! Nobody snuggles with my pussycat!! Nobody! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I spent a full hour today reading all 16 pages of this PDLA (Public Display of Literate Affection), and it was delightful! You've given a sterling example of how the Net can get us past the less important physical details, into the pleasure of actually touching minds and hearts. I'm rooting for all your prospects.

No posts in two weeks, though? What's goin' on? And are you two lovebirds any closer to actually meeting to bill, and coo, and *ahem*?

>>>"

Our next step is to meet in the flesh. But I did want to now openly announce how we feel for each other, to put an end to the rumors, to now place it in the realm of fact. Angie, I adore you. I love you! Thank you for returning that love. "<<<

Actually Victor and Angie, your next step might be to purchase an Ojo for each of you so that you can communicate as we all will in the 21st Century before too much longer.

A regular telephone call is analagous to a black and white movie compared to an OJo or Shadow Ojo video telephone call with its smooth motion, high resolution and audio synchrony which provides a profoundly realistic full color face to face encounter. :heart:

Wishing both of you the best in your budding romantic relationship.

galt

galt and Greybird,

The only thing that has delayed our eventual meeting has been...almost everything you see in a 1930s screwball comedy: divorce, comical circumstances, misunderstandings, madcap antics—and something entirely 21 century— passport seeking in BUSH LAND! But It is a search and conquest worthy of the Holy Grail. Angie and I really want to "bill, and coo, and *ahem*"

Plans are in action and mission will be accomplished. :turned:

Thank you for the well-wishes.

-Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

Galt,

Thank you for the well wishing. I've seen those video gadgets and it's pretty cool. Not sure if I would buy one just yet though. I would want to do some research on it first and if it is feasible. The reason being is Victor IS moving out here soon !! :wink: Most everyone I know is close to me. I see their mug so much that it is kinda nice to be able to talk with them without having to look at them. LMAO But it is an interesting idea.

Greybird,

Wow, diehard romantic. You read all 16 pages and were able to get through it. I'm impressed. hehehehehe :wink: We are definitely closer to meeting. Oy, it's been an interesting trek so far. The end of last year was getting things situated with where I am at, organizing, moving, etc. Lots going on there. We figured very end of Feb, beginning of March. You know, everything is pretty mellow now. Well, I knew that in order for me to go to Canada all I would need was my birth certificate, driver's license, etc. No big deal. To my dismay, I couldn't find my birth certificate so I sent away for it in the beginning of January, thinking I would get it sometime in February and would be able to get to Victor in March as we planned.

Well, well, boy did I get a surprise on Jan 23rd. I notice you are also in So Cal as am I. Apparently good ole Bush has made it a law as of Jan 23rd that any US citizen travelling outside of the US HAS TO HAVE a passport in order to get back in to the US. So even if I wanted to go to Tijauna for instance, which is just outside of the border, I have to have a passport to get back in. Oy, all those times I went to TJ, so easy just to walk into Mexico show id, do whatever, and then walk right back in with no problems. Not anymore.

I then found out that since this has been made into law the volume of applicants has been tremendous, pushing the typical 4 week time span to get your passport to 3 months. OY I also had some problems getting my birth certificate which I finally recieved about a week ago. I put the original order in to get a copy of it in January and I just recieved it last week sometime. Even with expedites, it's still taken quite a while. OY.

LOL I literally have to laugh about this now. I was so frustrated during it that it's all so funny now. Frustration has turned into laughter. I finally went down yesterday and put my paperwork in to get my passport. YAY !!! FINALLY. I'm on my way. But just in case and to minimize any more delays, Yikes, I hope not, they have my email address to notify me ASAP if there are any problems or additional info they may need from me. But after all this red tape and problem after problem, I'm finally on my way to see my baby !!

After my getting situated where I am at now, we originally planned it for the very end of Feb, beginning March this year. But with all the red tape and hurdles and hoping no problems with my getting a passport which there shouldn't be a problem as I am squeaky clean, we are now hoping for June. We'll be together soon. It will all be worth it. It's just getting through all of this red tape, BS, etc.

Angie

P.S. Also thank you for the well wishing !!

Edited by CNA

Wow, diehard romantic. You read all 16 pages and were able to get through it. I'm impressed.

Greybird,

Either you are a true romantic or a masochist for wading through the 16 pages of lovey-dovy posts that were, sorry to say, occasionally interrupted by naysayers—one of whom, thankfully, no longer posts here. He has caused a lot of Damage (hint-hint). But I am really curious as to how you took such an interest to read through all the pages of this thread. Curious, that's all. No biggie.

-Victor

What can I say? I even let a tear drop at all kinds of movies {blush}

Victor, as for the 16 pages, I found the byplay fascinating. I kept reading partly because I wanted to see if you two were giving signs of being unrealistic about your prospects, given that you hadn't yet met in the flesh. I believe you're being quite realistic and perceptive, all passion and distance duly considered!

As for the interruptions, I've encountered "Damage" before. One of the many curdled souls that seemed to be drawn to the h.p.o newsgroup, over many years. You fended him off nicely, with more patience than I was prone to show such types over there. I just scrolled past his burblings.

Angie, it's a good idea to have the passport in the works. You don't need one yet, though, to re-enter the U.S. after visiting Canada ... if you do it by land or sea. That bit of oppression takes effect in 2008, according to the State Department site.

If you can't wait (if? {g}), you could buy a round-trip airfare to Detroit or Buffalo. Victor could meet you there and return you there, or you could get a rental car and cross at Windsor or Niagara Falls (unless that's pushing things {g}). Neither is far from Toronto.

Greybird,

Perhaps you are unaware, but “Damage” (otherwise known by the birth name of Wayne Simmons) was a friend of mine. Long story, that friendship became bungled for reasons too complicated to list here. Suffice to say that the reason I showed such patience with him was because I was curious (and mystified) at his seemingly inexplicable behavior toward me and Angie...and I wanted to understand what was happening. Eventually, his errant ways simply struck me as sour grapes meets envy. (Would it be a revelation to you to know that we can actually feel envy—and not in any good way—toward those we call our friends?)

Finally, with too much becoming worse, I simply had to dissolve the friendship. Perhaps there is wisdom to the lyrics of ‘when a man loves a woman’ after all. :turned:

-Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

I conceptually grasp envy,/jealousy, but in all honesty, I have never felt it. About as close as I got to it was as a kid, when I'd see another kid enjoying something in life that I was not. But even then, I didn't feel the green-eyed monster. It was more like "what is he/she doing to get that that I am not? How can I obtain that?"

It's very uncomfortable to be on the receiving end of it from friends, when love relationships are involved. As (my) Kat and I developed our relationship, I saw it in my friend of 36 years, who lives in the lower half of my duplex. I'd of course want to talk with him about my new-found happiness, and he'd get "the look" and quickly change the subject, so I stopped that. But that didn't put an end to it. He started acting out for the longest time-- getting unnecessarily needy and making requests (usually right when I was in the middle of doing something with her) and even going so far as to create mini-crises that were strategically timed to coincide right with some moment that we were particularly enjoying. After awhile, he started getting a little too affectionate when he'd see her-- too many greeting and goodbye hugs, and eventually down to flat out suggestive comments. At that point we had to have a little discussion, which stopped it for awhile, but then it started up again. He's OK now, and he truly is happy for me, but there was a time when I literally had a rule in place whereby if he crossed over a 2 ft. boundary, I told him I would immediately ground him and pound him. He got right to the edge of it once, until he saw I truly meant business.

In the end a lot of it was like a kid is... he felt like the attention I gave him had been tapped off. But Kat is so engaging and kind, she kind of just ran him over...he simply can't work himself up to be angry at her.

Yes, Niagra Falls would be wonderful!!

I like the Horseshoe Falls myself but the American side is fine too! It's definitely on our list of things to do.

What can I say? I even let a tear drop at all kinds of movies {blush}

Victor, as for the 16 pages, I found the byplay fascinating. I kept reading partly because I wanted to see if you two were giving signs of being unrealistic about your prospects, given that you hadn't yet met in the flesh. I believe you're being quite realistic and perceptive, all passion and distance duly considered!

As for the interruptions, I've encountered "Damage" before. One of the many curdled souls that seemed to be drawn to the h.p.o newsgroup, over many years. You fended him off nicely, with more patience than I was prone to show such types over there. I just scrolled past his burblings.

Angie, it's a good idea to have the passport in the works. You don't need one yet, though, to re-enter the U.S. after visiting Canada ... if you do it by land or sea. That bit of oppression takes effect in 2008, according to the State Department site.

If you can't wait (if? {g}), you could buy a round-trip airfare to Detroit or Buffalo. Victor could meet you there and return you there, or you could get a rental car and cross at Windsor or Niagara Falls (unless that's pushing things {g}). Neither is far from Toronto.

OH, MY GOD, I'm so damn excited I can barely contain myself, giggling and huge ass smile on my face now !!! Holy hell, don't know what to say. Jumping up and down. YAY !!! :cheer: Steve, you ARE an absolute doll. big hugs and kisses :kiss: :hug: Wow. Thank you for this wonderful news. When I found out about this and when I was given the paperwork, etc., for my passport and talked to the officials if you want to call it that to submit my paperwork, they never mentioned entry by land or sea. They only told me that I had to have a passport to enter back into the US as of January 23rd. My heart sank when they told me. I got the application and filled it out. I did research about this to confirm what I was told and the various sites I went to said the same thing. BUT I never went to the state department site.

I'm going to read the site you provided to see exactly what I need to get to Canada and back as of now. I know previous and old way was birth certificate and some type of id such as a driver's license. Unfortunately I no longer have my birth certificate because it had to be submitted with my application for a passport. But I can also order another one and have it expedited as I did last time, although I ran into a lot of snags last time in getting my birth certificate. But this time, I can go through the lady I went through last time, she already has my info, etc., and will avoid all the snags from last time.

Thank you so very much, Steve, for taking the time to read the thread and to offer this great news !!! OH, MY GOD, I'm still absolutely floored and absolutely tickled pink now. I have a permanent smile on my face now. I so needed to get this news considering the past few weeks. Victor and I will definitely be talking and figuring out something and definitely meeting sooner. Hmmm.....already thinking as to what is the best time for me to go, when I can get time away from work, someone to watch my son, etc. WOOOHOOOOO !!!! Sooo way cool. *sighing* :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks a bunch, Steve !!!

Angie

Edited by CNA