Love in Bloom

Victor Pross

Charles,

Thank you for the very friendly and warm well wishes. You radiant a very benevolent and sincere deportment in your post---and Angie tells me you are a real gent. So I’m particularly pleased to hear from you.

Charles, I am a very lucky man. Angie is the most loving and dynamic women I have ever come across, and I am deliriously happy at the prospect of spending my life with her. But I suppose there is no need to repeat myself here as I’m sure I have spelled it out clearly throughout this thread and elsewhere. I’m sure you understand this as you have found, it would seem, your true love.

In the beginning when Angie and I started talking, the more we learned how eerily similar we are. Our talks have been wide ranging and earnest, spanning everything from work, family, childhood to relationships. We let ourselves come together naturally, without analyzing—at first—the attraction or worrying about it. It was fun, joy, admiration, and became love in its purest form. We have so much in common. When we first talked on the phone, I felt like a nervous teenager who had a living butterfly collection let go in the stomach. That was a clue that I was falling for this woman. This is significant because of this: anybody who knows me knows how much it takes to make an impression or dent in my armor. I don’t impress easily and I don’t give my heart away easily. In Angie’s case, she pretty much seized my heart before I had a chance to give it! Oh yeah, she is an extraordinary woman to have done that. She has made me mush! I’m happy that she has.

As time moves along, we are learning about our differences. But they are, as Nathanial Branden would say, “complimentary differences.” They are complimentary because we are excited and open to learning more about the other person and what they have to offer. I want to know everything about her, what moves and what interests her, what her dreams are—all the major things to all the little things that make up a personality.

As happy as we are, there can come certain trepidation when becoming so close—emotionally close—to person you are yet to physically meet. That’s only natural, but I can tell you this: having lived enough years--and having had my share of relationships--I can tell from the bottom of my gut that Angie is the ONE.

Of course Angie and I have shrugged the naynayers. They are so utterly insignificant and trivial by now to the point of being boring. Angie and I have much more important things to be happy about: each other.

Again, thanks. :)

-Victor-

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference I find so fascinating is that you two are so confident, and knowing, that you weren't afraid to make it public on a forum. That is really something: it is a statement.

Misery does indeed love company. So, it is no suprise that you have your "naysayers," and such.

I say guns forward, and damn the torpedos! <---latter being an unintended but still loose pun.

rde

I'm not saying I know Victor is/has a torpedo (in his possession), but one can only hope.

Edited by Rich Engle

Angie,

It is a delight to see you so happy. It is also really nice, given how much I think of you, that you have said such nice things about me. Thank you. And yes, my Anna is a very good woman and a great love. When once you create a great love, it takes a great deal of nourishment to keep it great. In the rush of life, with career and children and all, try to always maintain time to nourish your love. It comes easy now when love is fresh and blooming, but just never come to take it too much for granted. When it must, it can glide along for a while, but never let the glide times become long, no matter what the pressures. When you have a great love, the things that put the pressure on, even children, have to give way at times to the care of your love. Now I do not mean to say that love is all work. It is more like keep a mindset and the time to have fun in your love. You know we 34 year married folk have to claiim some pedantic rights!

Victor,

You are really great at saying all the right things about Angie and about being deeply in love. You have given me high hopes that you will continue to make her a very happy woman and realize your own happiness long into the future. You seem to be a serious guy, who nonetheless has a penchant for fun, when you do not let your armor get in the way. Some Objectivists, no many Objectivists, have too much armor and it isolates them from life. Sometimes it is better to take a chance that might lead to a wound or two if that allows you to become fully immersed in life. Then count on the serious healing powers of the mind and body and plunge back into life. Men of true self-esteem are not those who are unhurtable, they are the ones who know that they can and will heal the hurts and move on. It looks as though Angie was just the prescription to bring some life past your armor. Sure, I do not know you well enough to be sure I am right here, but it is the sense I get of you. You have been given a great gift and you have had the sense to realize it. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

"It looks as though Angie was just the prescription to bring some life past your armor."

Hey Charles,

Truer words have never been spoken. She got to me big time. Sometimes it feels like I didn’t have a choice about it. She sometimes makes me feel as if she were both cupid—shooting the love arrow in me—and the object of my affection, and at the same time. It's so much for me. I’m going to need more than a lifetime to let her know what she means to me. Almost everything she says and does effects me someway, to some degree—tearing right into the armor I thought would always block out imposing forces. For me, this has never been an “Objectivist thing”….just a Victor thing. But Angie blasted it. It is life past the armor.

-Victor-

Edited by Victor Pross

Victor,

It sounds as though you are totally bewitched, enthralled, and thoroughly happy about it. Isn't life wonderful when you have the love of a great woman? Well, enjoy it to the hilt.

I hope your January week together will turn out to be what heaven should be.

Charles

• 3 weeks later...

On the trail of Angie & Victor... I have met someone online but they are halfway around the world. I think gary williams knows about this... but in a nutshell: I hope to meet him in Thailand in January, if not, I'm going to Austria in April. Me and him, me and him. What's good is that I'm planning on trying to move to Italy in 2 years or so. This thing, it just sneaks up on you. Talk about being blindsided.

On the trail of Angie & Victor... I have met someone online but they are halfway around the world. I think gary williams knows about this... but in a nutshell: I hope to meet him in Thailand in January, if not, I'm going to Austria in April. Me and him, me and him. What's good is that I'm planning on trying to move to Italy in 2 years or so. This thing, it just sneaks up on you. Talk about being blindsided.

Hey Jenna, that's wonderful! Is it love? are you dating? Do tell us more! How did you meet? Where and how did you meet? Cyberspace or in person? [by the way, that's a very cool posting pix you have there].

Edited by Victor Pross

Congratulations Jenna. He's a lucky man.

All the best,

Paul

If it's not love, it's something. You can safely say we "like" each other, but we've told each other more that than. In different languages.

Like your relationship, we met online. I was posting photography online off and on, and in late August he started to comment on my photos, when he started an account. I looked at his photos and started to comment back. And then when a discussion went really long, I just mailed him through that site's mail. I realized that I was the only woman whose photos he commented on and that he marked as what he likes. Then I got annoyed with the interface, so I just told him to email me at my normal address. Anyway, in ~4 months, it's ramped up, and we've sent each other CDs through snail mail, and video thru email. He is trying to find a good priced ticket to meet me in Bangkok, and I bought a ticket to Vienna. And now I know he likes me.

So we haven't met, but we miss each other. In a lot of ways, he's closer to me than a lot of random people I meet right here in my own city! But we don't talk about dating or labelling whatever it is... it's just not important. It's something that I think we'll know, if not now, then when we meet. Right now, we're each other's dreams. :-)

Hey Jenna, that's wonderful! Is it love? are you dating? Do tell us more! How did you meet? Where and how did you meet? Cyberspace or in person? [by the way, that's a very cool posting pix you have there].

Well, Jenna, it sounds like you two are off to a good start. If it’s not love now, it could very well come to that. I fell in love with Angie long before I told her—or told myself for that matter! As time moves along, as Angie and I interact more and more, I find myself falling even deeper, thinking that I can’t possibly be more enamored with her. But I can. Explore your feelings and let them flow. I wish you and the gent all the best, and just ignore the naysayers should you come across them.

Edited by Victor Pross

thanks! I'm pretty good about ignoring naysayers. If I can ignore my (very loud, shrill) mom naysaying me for 16 years, I can pretty much ignore anyone! :-)

Well, Jenna, it sounds like you two are off to a good start. If it’s not love now, it could very well come to that. I fell in love with Angie long before I told her—or told myself for that matter! As time moves along, as Angie and I interact more and more, I find myself falling even deeper, thinking that I can’t possibly be more enamored with her. But I can. Explore your feelings and let them flow. I wish you and the gent all the best, and just ignore the naysayers should you come across them.

Jenna,

That is absolutely wonderful news !! I'm very happy for you and your beau. I saw the photos of both you and him and browsed both sites. You two seem to have a lot in common and are well paired up !! Really, who would have thought that love is truly possible over the internet. I was a bit of a skeptic myself that is until I met Victor and soon after, wham, practically knocked me out of my chair or I should say he swept me off my feet. :wink: It is so true that it comes up and bites you on the tush when you're least expecting it and are seriously blindsided by it. Please do tell us more when you guys finally meet. You guys are going to have so much fun. I wish you both the best and much happiness.

Angie

Jenna,

That is absolutely wonderful news !! I'm very happy for you and your beau. I saw the photos of both you and him and browsed both sites. You two seem to have a lot in common and are well paired up !! Really, who would have thought that love is truly possible over the internet. I was a bit of a skeptic myself that is until I met Victor and soon after, wham, practically knocked me out of my chair or I should say he swept me off my feet. :wink: It is so true that it comes up and bites you on the tush when you're least expecting it and are seriously blindsided by it. Please do tell us more when you guys finally meet. You guys are going to have so much fun. I wish you both the best and much happiness.

Angie

No, no, honey, let's get it right: YOU swept me off my feet. Come on, you know the spell you cast over me would bring me to my knees. You knew what you were doing, you litle devil. You got your man--as plotted. You were truley a master.

Jenna,

Also I am hoping you guys meet in January as planned. I noticed that your baby is looking for a good price on an airline ticket. I know it can be expensive. I know of a company that you've probably heard of as they've been on TV a few times. You can get airplane tickets dirt cheap with them. Say for instance the ticket is 750 but you're not willing or can't afford to pay 750, you can put a bid in for the ticket and the amount you can afford or are willing to pay, say 625. The airline will get in touch with you with your flight information, etc. To my understanding, you don't have any say on the departure and arrival times or layovers but they will get you there on the day you want to leave. It just may take some time getting to your destination. You can also get it even cheaper, depending on the time of year and if travelling has taken a dip, meaning the airlines will fight for it. They want to fill as many seats as possible and get the consumer's money so they would be willing to sell a ticket originally going for 750 for 525 round trip, etc. Anything to get the money and fill that empty seat. I know quite a few people that use them and they say it is the only way to go.

I know with the distance between me and Victor there will be much travelling, at least until one of us can up and move. But until then, I know I can go through them and get my tickets dirt cheap and save quite a bit of money, ensuring that it won't cost me an arm and leg to see Victor fairly regularly, even for extended weekend stays, etc.

Here is the site and I wish you guys all the best and hoping all goes as planned for the January meeting.

Cheap Airfare and Airline Discount Savings at Priceline

Angie

Edited by CNA

Thanks everyone! Angie, actually Priceline is the way that I got my first airline ticket to Thailand in 2001, and I used it again to go buy a ticket to Vienna (for $475) for April 2007. I emailed him this info (also orbitz.com is good) and since he's sick, he's probably not near a computer so I'll have to wait to see what he thinks when he's better.

He's not a photographer :-) But he certainly does have well-defined passions, and he does them all excellently-- which is why I like him so much.

We shall see about January. If not, then it's a definite for April!

:-)

--Jenna

Jenna,

Also I am hoping you guys meet in January as planned. I noticed that your baby is looking for a good price on an airline ticket. I know it can be expensive. I know of a company that you've probably heard of as they've been on TV a few times. You can get airplane tickets dirt cheap with them. Say for instance the ticket is 750 but you're not willing or can't afford to pay 750, you can put a bid in for the ticket and the amount you can afford or are willing to pay, say 625. The airline will get in touch with you with your flight information, etc. To my understanding, you don't have any say on the departure and arrival times or layovers but they will get you there on the day you want to leave. It just may take some time getting to your destination. You can also get it even cheaper, depending on the time of year and if travelling has taken a dip, meaning the airlines will fight for it. They want to fill as many seats as possible and get the consumer's money so they would be willing to sell a ticket originally going for 750 for 525 round trip, etc. Anything to get the money and fill that empty seat. I know quite a few people that use them and they say it is the only way to go.

I know with the distance between me and Victor there will be much travelling, at least until one of us can up and move. But until then, I know I can go through them and get my tickets dirt cheap and save quite a bit of money, ensuring that it won't cost me an arm and leg to see Victor fairly regularly, even for extended weekend stays, etc.

Here is the site and I wish you guys all the best and hoping all goes as planned for the January meeting.

Cheap Airfare and Airline Discount Savings at Priceline

Angie

He's not a photographer -- that's me. He's a musician, a programmer, a climber, a paraglider, a snowboarder, and a mountain-guide. And he "gets" me, even from so many miles away! But I'll write more when I meet him.

Thanks for your well wishes! :-)

--Jenna

Jenna,

You know how fond Kat and I are of you. So this is wonderful news for us.

I do hope you find all the happiness you deserve.

Can you tell us something about him other than he is a photographer? If you like him, he must be special.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year, honey!

[And everybody else!]

Angie and I will meet in 2007--it will be our time! :hyper: :cheer:

As I said in an earlier post on this thread, our connection hastened and took place at a break-neck speed. I have never—ever—felt such a strong connection with another human being. I have also said—with a great deal of objectivity—that Angie is Ms Right. She is the one and I am swooping down like a hawk to take what is rightfully mine.

To speak in our favorite colloquial language: her ass is mine.

Sweetie, my feelings for you have only increased ten times over since we met here at OL five months ago [wow and ouch] I look forward to meeting you. You are everything to me. :heart: :heart:

Edited by Victor Pross

Please don't tell me you two are doing the same sort of thing on myfacedotcom

You wouldn't, wouldya, you two?

Hope your calendar markers aren't bleeding through... Soon: you will be happy!

Jeaux Neu effin' Jahren,

rde

post-91-1167629776.gifHAPPY NEW YEAR, BABY !!post-91-1167629776.gif

I love you, Honey. You truly are so cute and adorable and so excited !! I love it and have a huge smile on my face now. You're too much. Happy New Year, Honey. post-91-1167629757.gif It is most definitely OUR year and it will go by so very fast. And before we know it, we'll be meeting for the first time. Oh, my God, it's going to be so much fun. I can hardly wait. Hell, bring smelling salt, Honey, I'll probably end up fainting. heheheheheheh

Happy New Year, Everyone !!

Great, Angie & Victor!

On Jan. 11th I will be picking up my boy from the airport in Bangkok, so, 8 days away for us! Yay! I know two personal friends who are traveling far to see their special others this month. What a great way to start the year! :-)