Love in Bloom

Victor Pross

I take it Wayne (Damage) didn't read my last post of clarification in regards to him and the situation that went on well before this thread was ever put up and it was a continuation of that original bullshit that went on.

Damage, I know you don't like me. That's fine if you don't. I understand it. If you read my last post and the statement that I made was NOT in reference to Mike, Kat, You, and a few others. Apparently you didn't read that or just refusing to acknowledge it.

Damage (Wayne), I'm well aware that we got off on the wrong foot and you don't like me and this is from the very beginning well before this thread was ever put up and it was a continuation of that. Please read or re-read my last post in reference to Kat, Mike, YOU, and a few others.

That overall statement was made in a general way as to point out that anyone that has more issues with the topic of Love rather than Death is disturbing. I am getting very tired of the BS talk about this from others. It is only obvious as to what is going on. I've gotten much bullshit about this subject. I was furnished with some links, not your music, in regards to this and is interesting to see so much of the reactions to it and it is unfortunate. So I've posted what I think of those that take more offense to the topic of Love rather than to Death. But if you read or re-read my last post of clarification, you will SEE that you are not one of them and neither is Kat or Mike and a few others. It is your choice to see or recognize what I said in that post of clarification.

Angie

Edited by CNA

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that MSK and Kat had their very own "Damage" --in the person of Andrew Bissell--back in their SOLO days.

Read this post from Andrew as addressed to others about MSK and Kat, it has that 'soft touch' in it--then he goes for the Toohey tactic.

"It's great that MSK and Kat have met and fallen in love on SOLO. But does anyone recall the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry and his girlfriend are constantly making baby-talk and saying "You're a schmoopie!" "No, you're a schmoopie!" to each other? Sometimes their back-and-forth (which seems to make its way into every thread) feels a little like that, and despite the backlash that will assuredly ensue, I'll state for the record that I enjoyed a little chuckle when I saw this poll."

You see that? 'It's great that MSK and Kat have fallen in love...' bla, bla, bla!!!

The "poll" that this Andrew dude mentions was created by someone who called it “Puking in the Kitchen.” The Kitchen was a designation for a place for romance I'm told. 68 people voted. In due time, Kat and MSK met Alec, the creator of the poll, and he expressed profound regret at having done that. Some people are mature, after all, and know when they are in the wrong.

Isn't that right, Angie schmoopie? :heart:

Edited by Victor Pross

Hi, Honey.

I'm just getting really tired of the BS regarding this. I really am. I've very recently received some stuff offline from others and I'm still getting BS for it. I'm not one to sit back and take it and not express my own views of these people that are giving me flack for it still. If they are going to keep expressing their views in regards to this subject of me and you which is still obvious as I am getting BS offline for it now, oh, you better believe I am going to express my views in how I regard them. It's that simple.

Edited by CNA

To Whom it May Concern:

See that gorgeous woman in the post above--that is a great person, a loving and kind person. But she is no weak wall-flower. If you know what's good for you, don't piss her off. She is not a door-mat--not weak and fragile. She does not put up with crap--and that includes me. I'm staying on her good side!

Show her respect, and you'll get it back. Show her crap...well, I don't envy you.

:wink:

Edited by Victor Pross

Most every body knows that the story of John and June Cash is that of great love. They were a force to contend with and their story is told in the motion picture “Walk the Line.”

Here is a video of June Carter and Johnny Cash singing “it ain’t me babe.” This song at first sounds negative but if you listen carefully you’ll know that it’s negative only about “false love”, it’s against the idea of unconditional love, a love based on lies—either to the other partner or the deception of one’s self. It’s against the view of love as being about two dependents who promise to love the other ‘whether they are right or wrong.’

It’s a very unique twist on a love song. So, really, it's a PRO love song. Enjoy.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p=johnny...UTF-8%26b%3D111

Edited by Victor Pross

Guest Damage Inc.
To Whom it May Concern:

See that gorgeous woman in the post above--that is a great person, a loving and kind person. But she is no weak wall-flower. If you know what's good for you, don't piss her off. She is not a door-mat--not weak and fragile. She does not put up with crap--and that includes me. I'm staying on her good side!

Show her respect, and you'll get it back. Show her crap...well, I don't envy you.

:wink:

So what does that mean for conflict resolution between the two of you? You cave in regardless of context? How about her staying on your good side, too? How about compromise? Have you had a real conflict yet?

Wayne Simmons

Edited by Damage Inc.

Guest Damage Inc.
Damage (Wayne), I'm well aware that we got off on the wrong foot and you don't like me and this is from the very beginning well before this thread was ever put up and it was a continuation of that. Please read or re-read my last post in reference to Kat, Mike, YOU, and a few others. .. But if you read or re-read my last post of clarification, you will SEE that you are not one of them and neither is Kat or Mike and a few others. It is your choice to see or recognize what I said in that post of clarification.

Angie

I'll find it, thanks in advance.

Wayne Simmons

Hey Wayne,

Yes sir, you sure do have a lot of interesting things to say about me, Angie and our relationship--all of it leaning toward the negative, but we all know you would give almost anything to be in my place. Look at that vibrant, intelligent and gorgeous hunk of woman and tell me ain't so. Listen, why aren't you in church today hitting on those religious chicks? ;)

So what does that mean for conflict resolution between the two of you? You cave in regardless of context? How about her staying on your good side, too? How about compromise? Have you had a real conflict yet?

Wayne Simmons

Oh, boy, LMAO right now. Yes, we have had a real conflict already and was quite interesting but was resolved after much communication. Does he cave? No, he doesn't. Do I cave? No, I don't. We both are prolific communicators and I love this about him. He's not afraid to open up and talk and be honest with me. I think I've stayed on his good side, although we have had disagreements of course as will everyone. I'm sure he will remember. LOL

I think what he may be referencing is that I can be brutally honest with people. I don't sugar coat or beat around the bush. It is what it is and there is no evasion and I will come out and say it. Ask him about "gingerly" with me and if that is possible? LOL Yes, I don't put up with people's crap. I've been through too much BS to be putting up with other people's crap.

Ah, the good ole word compromise. Yes, we've compromised on a few issues, some that were quite silly and cute. But it works both ways. It becomes a trade at some point.

Come on now, Wayne, there is no such thing as the Fairy Tale relationship where everything is always so smooth and hunky dory and we're skipping through the rose garden hand in hand. LMAO

There are many many many many benefits on our side and I'm sure he knows it as well as I do.

Angie

Btw, I will not divulge more personal information in regards to our relationship. If he so chooses to add to this to the extent he thinks he wants to, I really don't mind. Victor and I have both talked about this aspect and we've both agreed that the more private details of our relationship are not for public consumption. I've already expressed how I feel for him. I've made that abundantly clear in all my posts. But as for the details, it is NO ONE's business but our own.

Edited by CNA

Have Angie and I argued? Sure. Angie and I have argued who is the luckier of the two for finding the other. It’s clearly me. Look at my picture and look at hers, and I think you would tend to agree. :aww:

Come on now, Wayne, there is no such thing as the Fairy Tale relationship where everything is always so smooth and hunky dory and we're skipping through the rose garden hand in hand. LMAO

Like the Beatle songs says, "We can work it out."

Guest Damage Inc.
Hey Wayne,

Yes sir, you sure do have a lot of interesting things to say about me, Angie and our relationship--all of it leaning toward the negative, but we all know you would give almost anything to be in my place. Look at that vibrant, intelligent and gorgeous hunk of woman and tell me ain't so. Listen, why aren't you in church today hitting on those religious chicks? ;)

All leaning towards the negative? No. It doesn't matter what I say you'll believe what you want. I mentioned conflict resolution because any relationship where love is involved will have its up and downs. Angie and you, are in a budding relationship full of great promise (LET ME SCREAM THIS: FULL OF GREAT PROMISE!)

by calling it "Love in Bloom" prior to the concrete realities of relationships shows you're both true mystics when it come to love.

Would I give anything to be in your place? No. I'm happy being me. I've never attempted to demonize you. I've publicly defended you (only for you to prove your critics right) . I still go out of my way to defend you when you're unjusticely smeared (see SOLO where I mention your love for Angie - not Diana). As for being in your place with Angie? Again, concrete realities. Angie is a single Mom, right Angie? I think I remember reading that. It's possible, I guess, that I could raise a child fathered by someone else. But, that's a sui generis experience that I'd have to be in order to know if I could do it. Furthermore, I really don't know Angie to say if I wish I were you or not.

Wayne Simmons

You guys, really, this is the end of it please and let's move on with it. No offense to anyone here but this is getting really old and tiresome. I wash my hands of all this and I'm gladly moving on and leaving all this drama behind. I've already made my posts on this thread in the last few days and I stand by those posts and what I've said. It's that simple.

Angie

Guest Damage Inc.
You guys, really, this is the end of it please and let's move on with it. No offense to anyone here but this is getting really old and tiresome. I wash my hands of all this and I'm gladly moving on and leaving all this drama behind. I've already made my posts on this thread in the last few days and I stand by those posts and what I've said. It's that simple.

Angie

"Let's move on with it." Irony. I left it a long time ago. Many times in fact. But, Victor and you kept projecting your insecurities and directed them at me. Nuff said.

Wayne Simmons

[iF]

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you

But make allowance for their doubting too,

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,

If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breath a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;

If all men count with you, but none too much,

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

--Rudyard Kipling

:turned:

• 5 weeks later...

Better now while you're young than when your 70.

Congratulations Victor and Angie. All the best to you both.

Thank you, Mark. There is other OL'ers who have found love in cyberspace, this being how Angie and I met. These days, it seems like people can meet in all kinds of ways--ways that were not possible years ago. For example, I live in Toronto and Angie is a California girl. Yet, our paths crossed. Thank God for that.

Angie is a very special woman, as I'm sure you'll find out from reading her posts. And I could say the same for many of the other posters, but Angie is the top on my list.

You're new here, and you have a lot of catching up to do--but it will be fun and educational.

Again, thank you for the well wishes.

Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

Thank you, Mark. There is other OL'ers who have found love in cyberspace, this being how Angie and I met. These days, it seems like people can meet in all kinds of ways--ways that were not possible years ago. For example, I live in Toronto and Angie is a California girl. Yet, our paths crossed. Thank God for that.

Angie is a very special woman, as I'm sure you'll find out from reading her posts. And I could say the same for many of the other posters, but Angie is the top on my list.

You're new here, and you have a lot of catching up to do--but it will be fun and educational.

Victor

I always say to my wife "Where were you thirty years ago?". Indeed, folks today are very fortunate to have this international means of communicating. I wish the internet had existed in its present form and level of infiltration in the 60s and 70s, then maybe perhaps I would not have had to work with such a hopelessly limited range of women. Oh well, better late than never! (and no jokes about cradle robbing, okay?)

At any rate, my brief encounter with Angie on this forum left me with a very positive impression. As with many people here, I sense a high level of intellectual quality. Have fun and enjoy your lives.

Victor

I always say to my wife "Where were you thirty years ago?". Indeed, folks today are very fortunate to have this international means of communicating. I wish the internet had existed in its present form and level of infiltration in the 60s and 70s, then maybe perhaps I would not have had to work with such a hopelessly limited range of women. Oh well, better late than never! (and no jokes about cradle robbing, okay?)

At any rate, my brief encounter with Angie on this forum left me with a very positive impression. As with many people here, I sense a high level of intellectual quality. Have fun and enjoy your lives.

Mark,

Thank you very much for the well wishing. The internet has opened up so many new and exciting possibilities !! I'm grateful that Victor and I have crossed paths, of all places through the internet. It is becoming more and more common as I know quite a few people that met and fell in love this way.

Cradle robbing and dirty old men? Oy, it looks like Victor may be robbing the cradle then as I am "considerably" younger than he is. Well, not that much younger.....LOL I'm about 10 years younger than he is. But I am very much still a kid at heart and always will be just as he is. :)

Angie

Victor

Thank you, Honey. That is very sweet of you. You're my baby, that's for sure and are very special to me as well.

... (and no jokes about cradle robbing, okay?)...

Cradle robbing? Who on earth would joke about something like that? This is a serious forum.

That does remind me of a joke though.

There was once this dirty old man who...

(You can fill in the rest.)

:rolleyes:

Michael

I've been called everything from a paedophile to a cradle robber to a dirty old man by people on forums. This forum will probably be different, but I posted my disclaimer anyway. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Angie and Victor,

Having long been on bread and water while denying myself the pleasures of visiting OL to concentrate on my busiest season in the lab, I have just tonight read through this thread. So, it is time for me to finally offer you both my best wishes for your romance and your developing love. As an optimist and a romantic, reading of your love and your excited anticipation of the future together, gives me warm and fuzzy feelings. It also reminds me in many ways of how my love for my wife Anna started about 34 years ago.

Anna and I met when I was a graduate student at Case Western Reserve University. I put an ad in the school paper asking people to give me a call if they were interested in Ayn Rand and Objectivism. Anna was one of about six people who responded. We talked a while on the phone and I found out that she had graduated from CWRU and was working as a microbiologist at The University Hospital. As it happens, the hospital was about a 3 minute walk from the Physics Building, so I very often ate dinner there so I could return to my lab as quickly as possible. We arranged to meet there for dinner one night and we talked about philosophy, politics, and generally serious stuff for the first few times we met. Well, we eventually talked more about life experiences and just started doing things together to share the fun.

Thinking back, I was very lucky. Before the Internet, what were the prospects of meeting someone who would share your philosophical outlook, when one is so strange as to be an Objectivist? Well, I met only about 10 women before the Internet who would have vaguely fit this bill and many of them were much too intellectually flaky! Some had severe personality problems. A couple were nice and intelligent, but just not too sexy. So, here we see Victor and Angie, able to get to know so much about one another and loving so much of what they know and with the knowledge that they had not just searched through Providence, RI and Cleveland, OH (as I did), but had searched far and wide across Canada and the USA. What a wonderful position to be in! They have every good reason to be excited about what they have found in each other.

Of course, those of us who are optimists and romantics love all this potential and, yes, we tend to favor a great outcome for them. But, all projections of power control, evil intent, the will to damage aside, some other people are pessimists. Some are not romantics. Some may have become cynical as they suffered damage in a society in which their philosophical beliefs are still a rarity and where rejection by many otherwise reasonably desirable mates is often met with rejection.

Two young lovers should just shrug off this pessimism and jadedness and enjoy their love. It is unlikely you will convince the pessimist to become an optimist. It is also unlikely that the hurt will be healed on a thread at OL. Well, sure some little hurts can be healed, but not the kind that lead to a loss of joy upon seeing romantic love. When that is the case, one is severely damaged. But, pessimists and hurt people are not necessarily bad people. They just have a lessened ability to enjoy seeing romantic love.

Victor started posting here soon before I took my sabbatical, but I have had the fortune of getting to know Angie a bit. She is bright, very funny, high-spirited, and good company. Seems to me that Victor is a very fortunate guy! Since Angie is so smitten by him, Victor must be a very good man. I sure hope you continue to bring great joy and happiness to each other. It gives great pleasure to all romantic souls!

Hi, Charles

Ah, how sweet, thank you so much. Yeah, it's Victor...wooohooo !!! :) He's my baby. I'm the one that is fortunate to have met him. He is a very good man. He's very different from the men I have met in my life and towers above them all. Yes, I'm completely and utterly in love with him. I'm in awe of him. I cherish every moment of him. I so agree that both of us should *shrug* and we've done just that. :) The more I've gotten to know him the more I fall deeply in love. I'm amazed by him and everything that he is. He is my true baby. I am very fortunate to have found my baby Victor. Of all places, it was here on the internet. I never would have thought but hey, it has opened up many doors, many new discoveries.

Anna is also very lucky to have a man such as yourself in her life. The time that I've gotten to know you a bit you very much radiate the love of life, very funny, high spirited, very intelligent, optimistic, great conversation, and good company to be in !! You are fortunate to have found your Anna and Anna is fortunate to have found you. I think it is absolutely wonderful that you've been with your wife for 34 years. It's a rarity these days to see a longterm relationship such as you have with Anna. Again, thank you so much for the well wishing.

Angie

Edited by CNA