MAGA-Trump Movement 2021 And Beyond

Will there be repercussions for President Trump?

From Ariana Baio: . . . The former president took to Truth Social in the early hours of Monday and posted in all caps, “If Fox would finally admit that there was large scale cheating & irregularities in the 2020 presidential election, which would be a good thing for them, & for America, the case against them, which should not have existed at all, would be greatly weakened.”

He added, “Back up those patriots at Fox instead of throwing them under the bus - & they are right! There is sooo much proof, like mass ballot stuffing caught on government cameras, FBI colluding with Twitter & Facebook, state legislatures not used, etc.” end quote.

From The Baltimore Sun. Fox News’ agreement with Dominion Voting Systems on Tuesday abruptly resolved a lawsuit over how the network amplified conspiracy theories about the 2020 presidential election, which devastated Dominion’s reputation and business.

The network had advanced former President Donald Trump’s claims, which its own hosts did not believe, that Dominion’s voting machines had been used to tilt the election against Trump. The trial was set to begin Tuesday, and gasps were heard in the courtroom when the judge announced the settlement.

. . . . At $787.5 million, the amount that Fox News agreed to pay Dominion was one of the largest in a defamation case. Fox was not required to apologize on the air, although it did make a statement recognizing that the court had found “certain claims about Dominion” aired on its programming “to be false.”

The settlement carried an implicit plea of “no contest” to several pretrial findings from Judge Eric M. Davis, who presided over the case. He had written in one ruling that it was “CRYSTAL clear” that Fox’s statements regarding Dominion and the election were untrue.

Other details about the terms of the settlement remain unknown. Davis did not say anything about them in court. It’s unclear whether the settlement will be publicly disclosed . . . .

Wow. Dominion is also going after the “My Pillow” guy and Rudy Giuliani.

From CNN. . . . What’s next for Dominion? Dominion still has a bevy of pending lawsuits against 2020 election deniers. They’re suing right-wing TV networks Newsmax and OAN, which went even further than Fox News in their promotion of unhinged and debunked conspiracy theories about supposed election-rigging. Newsmax said Dominion’s case against it is different than its case against Fox.

“Newsmax believes that the facts at issue in Dominion’s case against it are materially different from those that may have driven Fox to settle and no conclusion about Newsmax should be drawn from that settlement,” a company spokesperson told CNN. “Newsmax stands by its coverage and analysis of the 2020 election and will continue to vigorously defend against the claim.”

The voting technology company also has ongoing lawsuits against former President Donald Trump’s allies, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell and Mike Lindell, who were at the tip of the spear of concocting and spreading the lie that the election was stolen from Trump. All of these people and companies deny wrongdoing and are fighting the lawsuits in court.

During their post-settlement victory lap Tuesday, Dominion’s lawyers said the outcome in the Fox case gave them new momentum in their other cases. That’s because Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis issued a series of pretrial rulings in Dominion’s favor, rejecting Fox’s key First Amendment defenses. “All of those decisions will have a huge bearing on those lawsuits as they play out,” Dominion lawyer Davida Brook told CNN Tuesday night. Dominion lawyer Justin Nelson added in a CNN interview that the Fox News settlement “sends a message to the other seven lawsuits that accountability is coming.”

The good thing about America is that no matter how much the cheaters try to turn their cheating into honesty, lots of people keep pounding at it until the cheating is exposed for what it is.

Hell, I even remember SCOTUS saying a black man was not a full man.

All of the cheaters said that was reality and celebrated. SCOTUS had so decreed.

Instead, that decision merely covered up the sore that would not heal.

Decades on top of decades.

And then the decision went bye-bye.

:)

Michael

Here's a little backstage shenanigan to think about.

A couple of months ago, maybe a little more, I saw a video by Catherine Austin Fitts (one of the best sources I know of). She said there had been a meeting of the elites (I don't remember where). Rupert Murdoch attended. They decided that Trump would not be the Republican candidate, much less the President again. Period.

As she said, it was decided as fact. And they committed to using their different powers and influences to make sure that happened.

In light of that, had Fox fought the Dominion decision hard, it would have benefited Trump. Even had they offered a small settlement, it would have benefitted Trump. As it stands, settling for half of the amount looks like guilt, blah blah blah.

And, seeing how this was an agreement by the elites who run with each other at Murdoch's level, it is easy for them to promise to help Fox make up the amount it has to pay.

After all, they ALL have a lot to lose--much more than the settlement--once Trump gets back into office.

Just a suggestion of a different scenario...

Michael

• Upvote 1

$787.5 million is a lot for a bit of slander and libel. Gosh them elites with their secret meetings and such. I remember looking for proof of fraud myself after the election and I remember how foolish I felt when a video of post office workers was shown, wheeling in a tub full of election returns.

Ah ha I thought. Gotcha. Turns out that is what they do all day long at the post office.

The Rolling Stones. . . No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you find
You get what you need . . .

And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow a 50 amp fuse"
Sing it to me, ladies

But if you try sometimes, well you just might find
You get what you need
Oh, baby, yeah . . . .

38 minutes ago, Peter said:

$787.5 million is a lot for a bit of slander and libel.

Peter,

I did not read the court documents, but I listened to a lot of analyses.

It seems like Fox anchors were not accused of anything other than having guests on who questioned Dominion's lying ass bullshit (Rudy, Sidney, etc.)

Also, as Scott Adams mentioned, there is no official source for the amount of the settlement. Just people (and lawyers) talking. It could be more or less. Nobody knows. All people are doing is repeating each other with massive press exposure.

Hmmmm...

Where have I seen this behavior before?

Could it be that this happens in America?

Michael

1 hour ago, Marc said:

President Trump's soon to be VP running mate is a total G! 

She's toooo ?flip? and would guarantee his loss. What you or I find funny or interesting many people could not stand. 

From Witty and Wise. Patient: I’m having problems with my hearing.

Doctor: Can you describe the symptoms?

Patient: Yes. They are yellow. Homer is overweight. And Marge has blue hair.

Edit. Just to add, though she may be right . . . MTG is not Presidential or Vice Presidential material. Too blunt and even bawdy are not what most Americans want as President Trump’s running mate. She would be one step away from the Presidency.

40 minutes ago, Peter said:

She's toooo ?flip? and would guarantee his loss. What you or I find funny or interesting many people could not stand. 

Edit. Just to add, though she may be right . . . MTG is not Presidential or Vice Presidential material. Too blunt and even bawdy are not what most Americans want as President Trump’s running mate. She would be one step away from the Presidency.

One step away from Presidency.

The one step my friend has already happened. Joe Biden is your President.

The term " Presidential" of days gone by are not the issue today.

13 hours ago, Peter said:

Just to add to my point Peter, Trump could run for the R, the D or independant, with anyone on the ticket or with no one on the ticket- if allowed, and if not allowed- with a no body on the ticket and still win in 2024.

Heck, Trump could run with that Dylan beer dude on the ticket and still landslide.

• Smile 2

4 hours ago, Marc said:

Heck, Trump could run with that Dylan beer dude on the ticket and still landslide.

Sorry. The vote is always close between the Rep.'s and Dem's, close to 49-49. Women make up over half the vote. Even if a small percentage of women are outraged by Trump's conservative "stacking" of the Supreme Court, and the present, state-wide abortion bans . . .  then Trump will lose by 3 or 4 percent. Keep an eye on Real Clear Politics and Rasmussen polls as D Day approaches. 

Currently what Democrat might graciously step in, if Joe is too slow? Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and there has been some chatter from California Governor Gavin Newsom.

“Kennedy, 69, announced his bid for the 2024 Democratic presidential nomination at the Boston Park Plaza in Boston on April 19.”

It's almost amazing how the 'public' is so evenly split, and man are those polls  helpful and informative in letting us all know where on the knife's edge opinion falls. Amazing too our strength , diversity, still lines up 50-50 , I'll keep an eye on those polls for the marlarky-less straight skinny!

• Smile 1

On 4/19/2023 at 1:36 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Rupert Murdoch attended. They decided that Trump would not be the Republican candidate, much less the President again. Period.

Bill O'Reilly confirmed that Murdoch does not want Trump to be President again.

He also said the settlement with Dominion had nothing to do with Fox's A-Team talent.

He said that Fox settled because Murdoch was going to have to testify. And being Rupert Murdoch, he does not do such things. Contentious situations are for the livestock, not for the real humans like him.

So Murdoch instructed his lawyers to settle and close the lawsuit down.

I think O'Reilly is on point. Snoots gonna snoot. That's just the way of the world.

But I still stand by my opinion that Fox is going to get some sweetheart deals from other elitist corporations to cover the loss for doing this--at least so long as Fox does not support Trump.

On another issue, God, is it weird to see Bill O'Reilly and Chris Cuomo talking to each other.

Michael

EDIT: If you want to read, here is an article about this on Gateway Pundit.

11 hours ago, tmj said:

I'll keep an eye on those polls for the marlarky-less straight skinny!

Could gender sway an election?

From Bing. The percentage of female population is 50.52 percent compare to 49.48 percent male population. The United States has 3,430,615 or 3.43 million more females than males.

From Pew. Views on abortion, 1995-2022 While public support for legal abortion has fluctuated some in two decades of polling, it has remained relatively stable over the past several years. Currently, 61% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, while 37% say it should be illegal in all or most cases . . . Views on abortion by gender, 2022 Majorities of both men and women express support for legal abortion, though women are somewhat more likely than men to hold this view (63% vs. 58%).

I received the following link from my offline secret weapon a few days ago.

It's by Jon Rappaport (who I like a lot) and posted on the Solari site of Catherine Austin Fitts, who I admire to the skies, so I will comment.

3 Hellacious Questions for Presidential Candidate Donald Trump

This article raises three issues for Trump:

1. He unleased the jab at warp speed and still thinks he saved lots of lives.

2. He is responsible for appointing Fauci.

3. He did not declare Mexican cartels as terrorist organizations even though he said he would.

I'm not going to argue the points since I agree with them, albeit, not with the hamhanded slant they are presented.

But there is one context that is dropped and it needs to be addressed.

The USA is undergoing an organized coup that has been decades in the making. We are essentially at war.

A little alternate history storytelling came to mind and I can't get it out of my head.

Right as the Revolutionary War (called The War of Independence at the time) was breaking out, the freedom bigshots had a secret meeting outside of the Second Continental Congress in order to debate the appointment of George Washington as Commander-In-Chief of the Continental Army.

One man stood up and asked for the floor. He was granted his say.

THE MAN: I wish to present my bill of grievances against one General George Washington.

THE ASSEMBLY: A mixture of "Hear hears" and "Boos."

THE MAN: General George Washington owns slaves, yet states in public he is against slavery. What freedom is this? The word of this man means nothing. Nothing, I say.

THE MAN: He spies and spies and spies. There is nothing this man will not spy on. If we are not careful, this so-called General will lead us into such a surveillance state, it will make the British look like children.

THE MAN: Washington has a most unpleasant and difficult personality. Why, this man in power would never get anything done. He does not know how to lead others.

THE MAN: As to the former military campaigns of Washington? My God, men. They are most laughable. This so-called General prefers to retreat rather than stand and fight. He is unfit to lead any army anywhere. I have many more grievances, but it is obvious that Washington is unfit to lead the Continental Army.

ONE VOICE IN THE CROWD: What man would you have us appoint? 

THE MAN: There is one man above all who is meet to fight the British. He enjoys the knowledge, the breeding, the courage, and the integrity of any Brit, nay, of any 10 Brits.

THE ASSEMBLY: Crowd noise with voices harking out: What man is this? Who? May God bless such a man. Is this possible? ... and so on.

THE MAN: Rather than appoint the insufficient and immoral George Washington, I say we must appoint a man of the highest character. I say we appoint Benedict Arnold. He will give those Brits what for. Hear, hear I say!

THE ASSEMBLY: (going craze with joy) Hear, hear...

And it came to pass that Benedict Arnold was appointed Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army. That was how America developed into Great Britain's most valued colony. God bless General Benedict Arnold, who knew how to make peace with General Cornwallis and how to preserve America's upper class with so little commotion and turmoil. We should count our blessings and long live the King!

Michael

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

Women are commies.

:evil: 

Besides, how dare you be as bigoted as me and cite a poll with only 2 genders in it?

Are you a queerphobe or transphobe or furryphobe or something? 

You poll on abortion sure is. Men can have abortions, too. Right? What about their votes?

Michael

I got a few ("not really") doozies for the progressives:

"When does an unborn woman's right to life begin in the womb...?"

"Does that unborn woman's right to life ... qualify as part of womens rights?"

"Is a just born woman's right to life any less than the desire of an older woman (or her male partner) to avoid responsibility?"    [infanticide]

Another one:

"Can a man abort an unborn woman at any time... and only because / when he finds out it is specifically an unborn woman rather than an unborn man?"  

On 4/20/2023 at 12:02 PM, Peter said:

Sorry. The vote is always close between the Rep.'s and Dem's, close to 49-49. Women make up over half the vote. Even if a small percentage of women are outraged by Trump's conservative "stacking" of the Supreme Court, and the present, state-wide abortion bans . . .  then Trump will lose by 3 or 4 percent. Keep an eye on Real Clear Politics and Rasmussen polls as D Day approaches. 

No it's not.

It is not even close unless you still do not look at the proof of the rigged election.

Even in any imaginary scenerio of yours that you repeat from bought and paid for "news" organizations Trump landslides.

Even If you were Trump's running mate in 2024, we still win all 50 states.

4 hours ago, Marc said:

It is not even close unless you still do not look at the proof of the rigged election.

I think Fox just got shafted for saying things that can’t be proved. Don’t let the heart overturn reason. Trump is leading Biden in most Real Clear Politics’ polls between March and April and a majority of Americans are not for Biden’s policies and tenure, but . . . when it gets closer to election day I wonder? Say, did you guys in Toronto vote for Prince Charles to be King?

From Bing: Though Canada now has full political independence from the U.K., the British monarchy is still part of the Canadian political system to this day, in an unusual state of affairs that is sometimes described as a “ shared monarchy ” between Canada and Britain.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I think Fox just got shafted for saying things that can’t be proved. Don’t let the heart overturn reason. Trump is leading Biden in most Real Clear Politics’ polls between March and April and a majority of Americans are not for Biden’s policies and tenure, but . . . when it gets closer to election day I wonder? Say, did you guys in Toronto vote for Prince Charles to be King?

From Bing: Though Canada now has full political independence from the U.K., the British monarchy is still part of the Canadian political system to this day, in an unusual state of affairs that is sometimes described as a “ shared monarchy ” between Canada and Britain.

Not sure my man but I can tell you that criminal cases here are always the Crown, or the Queen ( I guess now the King ) or regina/rex.