MAGA-Trump Movement 2021 And Beyond

6 hours ago, Peter said:

How does this sound? “Welcome President Trump and Vice President Ron DeSantis.” Governor Ron DeSantis is around 44 years old. I thought I would find a few facts about him to judge his ability to be a good Vice President or President. Ooops, I thought his name sounded Hispanic, but it is Italian. And I think I have been sounding his last name with an O as in DeSantos. Peter

Clipped from Wikipedia: DeSantis was born on September 14, 1978, in Jacksonville, the son of Karen (née Rogers) and Ronald Daniel DeSantis. He is of Italian descent: all of his eight great-grandparents were born in Italy, and they were originally from comuni in the provinces of L'AquilaBeneventoAvellino and Campobasso. . . . After high school, DeSantis studied history at Yale University. He was captain of Yale's varsity baseball team and joined the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity. He was an outfielder on the Yale baseball team; as a senior in 2001, he had the team's best batting average at .336. While attending Yale he worked a variety of jobs, including as an electrician's assistant and a coach at a baseball camp. DeSantis graduated from Yale in 2001 with a B.A. magna cum laude.  After Yale, he taught history and coached for a year at Darlington School. He subsequently attended Harvard Law School, graduating in 2005 with a Juris Doctor cum laude. . . . In 2004, during his second year at Harvard Law, DeSantis was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Navy and assigned to the Navy Judge Advocate General's Corps (JAG). He completed Naval Justice School in 2005. Later that year, he reported to the JAG Trial Service Office Command South East at Naval Station Mayport, Florida, as a prosecutor.

From a different news source: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis was asked by Fox News host Tucker Carlson what his priorities would be if he were president today and he replied without hesitation that topping his agenda would be illegal immigration.

“If you somehow got appointed president this afternoon what would your priorities be?” Carlson asked the Republican governor.

“I would secure the border, first of all,” he noted. “This is created because of what Biden did.” . . . . “Looking at what President Trump had to deal with, you know this bureaucracy of ours — there’s a lot of problems in that. And I think you need to be able to bring accountability to people in the bureaucracy. I mean if Donald Trump is elected president, he tries to do policy, and the bureaucracy tells him to go fly a kite, that’s not representative government. And I think we’ve allowed this to fester for years and years, and I think it’s at the point now where, even if a Republican wins the election, the other party still maintains control of the apparatus of the executive branch. And that can’t be the way this goes. You go in, you [should] have the ability to implement the agenda,” he contended.

Great info but Trump/DeSantis ain't happening my man.

4 hours ago, Marc said:

Great info but Trump/DeSantis ain't happening my man.

Oh, what fun it is to ride / glide / speculate, into an easy victory. But, if he ran, who would DeSantis run with? Who would Trump run with? Might it be someone who could counter-play our female democratic Vice President, Camal Harris? Could it be a woman like Noam who is a woman governor of South Dakota, or . . .  

From RedState: . . . .The challenge for the GOP is going to be in the general election. As more people are migrating from other states in large numbers into Florida and South Dakota, DeSantis and Noem could position themselves to smooth sailing in 2024. It is vitally important to win the majority of swing states and all the GOP-controlled states. . . . The DeSantis-Noem ticket could bring Trump supporters, never Trumpers, Independents, and moderate Republicans, as well as some moderate Democrats in swing states to vote for them in November.

From Wikipedia: Tulsi Gabbard is an American politician, United States Army Reserve officer and political commentator who served as the U.S. representative for Hawaii's 2nd congressional district from 2013 to 2021. Gabbard was the first Hindu member of Congress and also the first Samoan-American voting member of . . .

Nimrata Nikki Haley (née Randhawa; born January 20, 1972[1]) is an American diplomat and politician who served as the 116th and first female Governor of South Carolina from 2011 to 2017, and as the 29th United States Ambassador to the United Nations for two years, from January 2017 through December 2018.

From MSN: Elise Stefanik, who easily won a fifth term representing the North Country in Upstate New York, is one of the top House Republicans after rising in the ranks as a staunch Trump supporter . . .

Youngkin, Cruz? Who do you think would provide the best ticket in 2024 . . . and who could then run for Prez in 2028, Marc and everyone else?

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Oh, what fun it is to ride / glide / speculate, into an easy victory. But, if he ran, who would DeSantis run with? Who would Trump run with? Might it be someone who could counter-play our female democratic Vice President, Camal Harris? Could it be a woman like Noam who is a woman governor of South Dakota, or . . .  

From RedState: . . . .The challenge for the GOP is going to be in the general election. As more people are migrating from other states in large numbers into Florida and South Dakota, DeSantis and Noem could position themselves to smooth sailing in 2024. It is vitally important to win the majority of swing states and all the GOP-controlled states. . . . The DeSantis-Noem ticket could bring Trump supporters, never Trumpers, Independents, and moderate Republicans, as well as some moderate Democrats in swing states to vote for them in November.

From Wikipedia: Tulsi Gabbard is an American politician, United States Army Reserve officer and political commentator who served as the U.S. representative for Hawaii's 2nd congressional district from 2013 to 2021. Gabbard was the first Hindu member of Congress and also the first Samoan-American voting member of . . .

Nimrata Nikki Haley (née Randhawa; born January 20, 1972[1]) is an American diplomat and politician who served as the 116th and first female Governor of South Carolina from 2011 to 2017, and as the 29th United States Ambassador to the United Nations for two years, from January 2017 through December 2018.

From MSN: Elise Stefanik, who easily won a fifth term representing the North Country in Upstate New York, is one of the top House Republicans after rising in the ranks as a staunch Trump supporter . . .

Youngkin, Cruz? Who do you think would provide the best ticket in 2024 . . . and who could then run for Prez in 2028, Marc and everyone else?

DeSantis is brilliant and Florida is and has been incredible, especially throughout Covid.

That being said, he is not Trump and in my view he will lightly challenge Trump with all eyes on 28 where yes, he could win.

Trump's pick is MTG which is pretty obvious I believe looking back at the fight for Speaker.

What ticket do the Dems pursue in 2024? 

Well whomever Kamala " picks" I believe would be the nominee for 2024 with another VP as Kamala will not be running for President in 2024.

On 1/18/2023 at 2:57 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

She's on these two:

• Oversight Committee
  • Homeland Security Committee

The left wing media will be showing Georgia congresswomen M.T. Green for a long time heckling President Biden. She looks like a high schooler at a losing football game. But, Dude, what was she so irate about?

From INSIDER: Marjorie Taylor Greene and other Republicans yell 'liar' as Biden accuses them of wanting to cut Medicare and Social Security . . . Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene joined fellow Republicans in shouting down President Joe Biden during the State of the Union, a raucous moment that underlines the tension on key economic issues. "You lie, you lie," Greene shouted from the back of the House chamber. She was far from the only House Republican who was outraged at Biden's suggestion that the GOP would end Medicare or Social Security, massively popular federal programs.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Peter said:

M.T. Green for a long time heckling President Biden. She looks like a high schooler at a losing football game. But, Dude, what was she so irate about?

Dude, why wouldn't she be? Why wouldn't any red-blooded American, at this point? Aren't YOU???

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Peter said:

She was far from the only House Republican who was outraged at Biden's suggestion that the GOP would end Medicare or Social Security, massively popular federal programs.

I believe this apparent gross misidentification stems from Florida Senator Rick Scott big mouth -- he put forward some kind of point-form plan that offered an obvious target for the put-on 'outrage' we see in the House.

The Rick Scott-inspired moment in the State of the Union
By GARY FINEOUT  02/08/2023 07:00 AM EST
Hello and welcome to Wednesday.

A new kind of name check— President Joe Biden didn’t say Florida Sen. Rick Scott’s name during his State of the Union speech.

Ruckus — But oh, he said enough about Scott’s plans to create a notable moment where Republicans in the Capitol reacted sharply with even some lawmakers calling Biden a “liar.”

Setting sun— While Biden discussed raising the debt ceiling, he said “some Republicans” want to sunset Medicare and Social Security every five years. This was a reference to Scott’s “Rescue America” plan that calls for all federal legislation to include such a provision.

Exchange— As Republicans began to loudly yell back at Biden, the president said: “I’m not saying it’s a majority.” He also added, “I’m politely not naming them, but it’s being proposed by some of you.” Amid the raucous response, Biden then said, “So folks, as we all apparently agree, Social Security and Medicare is off the books now. They're not to be touched? All right. We've got unanimity!"

Familiar target— This of course is not the first time Biden has taken swipes at Scott’s plan, nor the first time Republicans sought to publicly distance themselves from it. The president mentioned it frequently in the run up to the midterm elections.

Response — Scott, who has insisted he would never support getting rid of Social Security, hit back on social media Tuesday night where he said on his political Twitter account that Biden “once again lies about Republicans trying to cut Social Security and Medicare.”

Going on air— Scott’s tweet includes video from a new ad from Scott that is scheduled to run in Tampa on Thursday and Friday to coincide with Biden’s planned trip there. In the ad, Scott rips into Biden and says he should resign. It wouldn’t be a surprise if Biden had a few words in return once he lands in Florida.

[...]

6 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Dude, why wouldn't she be? Why wouldn't any red-blooded American, at this point? 

And if we're talking about "irate": maybe because it's contagious?  Just look at the veins popping out of "Dark Brandon's" head, as he's always shouting and angry during his own speeches...not exactly exuding sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows, now, is he?

Joe-Biden.jpg.webp

60c0ff8efc0e6b4a7df0ec67d50edbc7
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Joe Biden’s supporters revived the semi-ironic meme after wrangling GOP lawmakers to commit to preserving Social Security and Medicare

11 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Aren't YOU???

TG, that's why I was defending her. I just don't like her style or hatred for other people, ethnicities, etc. Well . . . I have never liked the British House of Commons either, where similar antics are routine. Did anyone see Mitt Romney blasting that congressman who lied on his record. One channel had a lip reader deciphering what Mitt said and I seem to remember "you are a disgrace . . ."       

8 hours ago, william.scherk said:

I believe this apparent gross misidentification stems from Florida Senator Rick Scott big mouth -- he put forward some kind of point-form plan that offered an obvious target for the put-on 'outrage' we see in the House.

Thanks William. I remember Ayn Rand accepted her Social Security payments though I assume philosophically . . . sort of . . . was against it . . . in a purely capitalistic society.

I think Social Security offers a safety net. My Mom was all for it, and had stories about old folks living in poverty back in the 1930's? Later in life my Mom had SS and my Dad had a pension from the Navy, which my Mom then received after his death. My Dad's early death from lung disease was from working in the Philadelphia Naval Ship Yard back in the 30's and 40's. You had to wear a mask at all times but he would periodically pull his mask off to say something or smoke a cigarette . . . but the cigarettes didn't kill him though they didn't help his decline. Asbestos played a part in his death, but he was not allowed to sue the Navy or the Government.       

• Like 2

I love what is happening on the Oversight Committee, but here is a warning. This does not apply to other House Committees, only the Oversight Committee.

According to The Last Refuge, it does not exist to fix problems or change laws. It exists to drain off some pressure from the base and fund raise on the headlines.

Here is a Thread Reader version of a tweet thread earlier today (17 tweets) that explains it all.

1623510609886171138.jpg
THREADREADERAPP.COM

@TheLastRefuge2: 1) A lot of the base republican people are lost about this hearing. Too few understand the granular differences within DC operations as they pertain to republicans. Thread to help clear fog. 2)...

You can read it here if you like:

1) A lot of the base republican people are lost about this hearing. Too few understand the granular differences within DC operations as they pertain to republicans.

Thread to help clear fog.
2) The hearing today, about Twitter et al, was in front of the House Oversight and Govt Reform Committee.

That is key.

The House Oversight committee is the "chaff and countermeasure committee." For the GOP it has a specific task set within the republican mission. 
3) The House Oversight Committee has a mission that is not what you think it is. This committee is not about oversight of govt.

Prior House Oversight leadership includes: Daryl Issa, Jason Chaffetz, Trey Gowdy etc. 
4) The role of the House Oversight Committee under republican rules is to protect the Washington DC system, by providing a false front of accountability.

Essentially controlled release of a pressure valve to keep voters satiated.Image
5) Republicans use the House Oversight Committee for fundraising.

It's not about oversight, it's about using the appearance of holding DC accountable to make money from voters.

I'm not being cynical, this is the intent of the committee. Politics is a business and... 
6) ....The House Oversight Committee is a subdivision of the larger corporation, privately known as the RNC, internally referenced as the GOP.

This is just reality folks. But TRUTH will help many people manage expectations. 
7) When the House Oversight Committee holds a hearing, any hearing, you can ignore it.

Don't even think about it, the insufferable false pretense of it, nothing. Just ignore it. This committee is for fundraising only. 
😎 If you view the committee through the prism of accountability, you just end up frustrated shouting at the TV wondering why the questioning sucks so bad.

It sucks so bad because they are not trying to get to the point, or bottom of anything. 
9) The House Oversight Committee has historically accomplished exactly -ZERO- oversight, correction, or changed a single dynamic of anything, EVER.

Fast n Furious, IRS targeting, etc. etc. *Nothing.Image
10) It has accomplished ZERO accountability in oversight, because regardless of who controls it the committee is not supposed to deliver accountability in oversight. That's not the purpose of it.

Quit looking at it without seeing it. 
11) The non-pretending reality, what the DC system will not admit (except in private), is that the House Oversight committee exists to: #1) protect the DC system when someone screws up and something corrupt becomes public; so it needs a bag over it. And... 
12) And... #2) Raise money for the party in control of the Chair, by pointing out the corruption and the false narrative of accountability.

That's it. The HOC protects DC and the HOC is the primary fundraising source. That's it. 
13) That's why the Chair of that committee is always a deep party insider that can be trusted to deliver on both priorities. Protect DC and Raise Money.

Look back historically through this prism and you will see it. The HOC Chair is also closest to the Speaker. 
14) The Congressional Committees that matter have "SPECIFIC JURISDICTION" (👈key words).

You will note the HOC has "general jurisdiction," which is DC codespeak for no specific authorities. That's the *tell* within the system. 
15) So don't get mad when the performance actors on the HOC seem to miss the point, ask the wrong questions, skip the subject matter, or miss the opportunities.... Their role is to act in soundbites to make constructs for fundraising. That's it. 
16) Use that prism to review anything and everything from the HOC, including the people assigned to it, and you will be light years ahead of your friends, never angered, frustrated or disappointed, and completely understanding of the inside DC game.

/ENDImage
FOR CLARITY. This entire thread is about ONE VERY SPECIFIC committee in congress.

Only the House Oversight and Govt Reform Committee.

Or, as it is known in circles, the "Chaff and Countermeasures" committee. 

• • •

I still like what I saw today.

:)

Michael

10 hours ago, Peter said:

Thanks William. I remember Ayn Rand accepted her Social Security payments though I assume philosophically . . . sort of . . . was against it . . . in a purely capitalistic society.

I think Social Security offers a safety net. My Mom was all for it, and had stories about old folks living in poverty back in the 1930's? Later in life my Mom had SS and my Dad had a pension from the Navy, which my Mom then received after his death. My Dad's early death from lung disease was from working in the Philadelphia Naval Ship Yard back in the 30's and 40's. You had to wear a mask at all times but he would periodically pull his mask off to say something or smoke a cigarette . . . but the cigarettes didn't kill him though they didn't help his decline. Asbestos played a part in his death, but he was not allowed to sue the Navy or the Government.       

Yeah, yeah; ok, Boomer...To quote Robert Plant: "ramble on...sing my song...'

(He "thinks" social security offers a safety net? Mockingly presents Ayn Rand's argument against it while sneakily insinuating that she's a hypocrite for taking it? I "think" it's a ponzi scheme.
No, wait, it IS a Ponzi scheme...)

11 hours ago, Peter said:

TG, that's why I was defending her. I just don't like her style or hatred for other people, ethnicities, etc. Well . . . I have never liked the British House of Commons either, where similar antics are routine. Did anyone see Mitt Romney blasting that congressman who lied on his record. One channel had a lip reader deciphering what Mitt said and I seem to remember "you are a disgrace . . ."       

He calls that "defending her"? Wow, he pivoted from "irate" to "Racist!" pretty quickly there, didn't he?

For all those clutching their pearls over irate responses to the totalitarians takeover: grab your smelling salts...

The Morning Briefing: Forget Decorum—Republicans Need to Be in Street Fight Mode

f6cc7078-0dc3-451f-8f39-ba361d2caacc-120
PJMEDIA.COM

Top O’ the Briefing Happy Thursday, dear Kruiser Morning Briefing friends. Anselm’s Tiddlywinks prowess had won him...

Here's some more MAGA goodness.

A STAR IS BORN! Rep. Anna Paulina Luna TORCHES Yoel Roth – Exposes Democrat-Big Tech-Government Collusion and Former TWITTER EXECS ARE LEFT SPEECHLESS!

anna-paulina-rep.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-FL) The House Oversight Committee on Wednesday held a full committee hearing on government-big tech collusion and suppression of speech in regard to the Hunter Biden...

Possibly the most explosive questioning today came from MAGA-STAR freshman Rep. Anna Paulina Luna. The beautiful Florida Representative brought the receipts and exposed the former Twitter brass and their network of tyrants who are behind the censorship of American conservatives.

anna-luna-cisa-.jpg

Paulina’s questioning was exceptional. She exposed the hidden network operating in the background that is destroying free speech in America. The network includes DHS, CISA, DFITF, EIP, CIS and others. And Luna brought proof that Yoel Roth was using the private software cloud JIRA to communicate with the FBI and government officials to silence conservative speech.  Roth had no where to run and hide.

Here's the video given in the article.

Man, when she got done, it was a squirm-fest.

:) 

Anna Paulina Luna was military and this is one of the first times I have seen military discipline used by a member of Congress in such a devastating way.

Michael

5 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

The Morning Briefing: Forget Decorum—Republicans Need to Be in Street Fight Mode

In her favor, Marjorie Taylor Green is quoted frequently on the net, but nearly always her quote is surrounded by “qualifying words.” I went to her web site and she sounds reasonably rational and not “overly emotional.” I don’t think she is anti-Semitic or anti-black, in any of her “official words.”

Of course, she is against certain policies perhaps approved by certain groups of people. However, they, meaning “those leftist guys,” who quote her cannot stop slanting and propagandizing what she says.

Any time she is quoted or shown on the news check out what she actually thinks on her web site. She is now on my OK list, though I don’t like her stance on banning all or nearly all abortions and a few other things. I will leave it at that.      

13 hours ago, Peter said:

My Dad's early death from lung disease was from working in the Philadelphia Naval Ship Yard back in the 30's and 40's. You had to wear a mask at all times but he would periodically pull his mask off to say something or smoke a cigarette . . . but the cigarettes didn't kill him though they didn't help his decline. Asbestos played a part in his death, but he was not allowed to sue the Navy or the Government.

My father Sidney's early death was from heart disease. Heart disease did not kill Sid's brother, my uncle Don Scherk. Uncle Don survived his 'big one' ... and lived on till age 75.

My dad was a boozehound of sorts in much of his 30s. He was sober and starting a new job when his 'big one' brought him down on a business trip.  He had just become a father to my half-brother David. David never knew his father. 

The maternal line is the one with a run on depression and mood disorders and cancer of the lung, with a bit of Dark Norwegian Fjord brooding that we don't talk about at family reunions. 

Our longest lived relative is from my mom's side -- an original Enwright. She is now 103 and lives in Seattle with her youngest son as home care-giver.  She's pretty frail, but gets to church on time, via ZOOM these days. 

After my cardiac 'big one' was averted by a successful arterial stent, I started to prepare myself mentally for the next family 'drop.' I figured it was me that would be dropping -- and soon. 

I figured wrong. 

wss-Feb_8_2023-01-min.jpg

• Like 1

I don't expect this to result in much, but at least it's done.

trumps-facebook.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

The Trump political death star on social media is now fully operational, assuming he intends on fully unleashing it. After the former president regained access to his Twitter account late last year, Meta announced...

Michael

Here’s an example of the magic of non-algorithmic nature of self guided hyperlink surfing interwebbing. 

Start with a podcast Curtis Yarvin is on , inevitably leads to researching Thomas Carlyle which leads to a fashion trend in men’s hats something called ‘a wide awake ‘ (think William Penn/Quaker Oats guy hat) and then this 

640px-Abraham_Lincoln%27s_political_care
EN.M.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Torch carrying (cuz dark at night before Edison) political clubs that organize to keep the peace at party rallies , clamoring for “free soil, free speech and free men” , go figure .

the Lincoln Youth :)

• Upvote 1

Parse the following. They are propagandists. Who is the ‘DONOR?” What are they getting at? Gee. Dem guys are all discussing it and dem says? They are getting very bad at their job of being believable liars.

From MSN: It is a five-alarm fire,” a prominent Republican donor said. “And there is nobody coming to put it out.” Apparently, Republicans – members, donors, strategists, everyone – are discussing how to prevent Trump from leveraging a split field to his advantage, from winning the nomination, losing the presidency, and ultimately costing the GOP an opportunity to retake the Senate and keep the House.

6 hours ago, Peter said:

Parse the following. They are propagandists. Who is the ‘DONOR?” What are they getting at? Gee. Dem guys are all discussing it and dem says? They are getting very bad at their job of being believable liars.

From MSN: It is a five-alarm fire,” a prominent Republican donor said. “And there is nobody coming to put it out.” Apparently, Republicans – members, donors, strategists, everyone – are discussing how to prevent Trump from leveraging a split field to his advantage, from winning the nomination, losing the presidency, and ultimately costing the GOP an opportunity to retake the Senate and keep the House.

Why are you quoting something now from 2015?

Oh sorry Peter, I just saw that this is a "new" recent quote.

They left out though that Trump has no ground game.

#MarcoRubio

On 2/9/2023 at 12:25 AM, Peter said:

. . . I remember Ayn Rand accepted her Social Security payments though I assume philosophically . . . sort of . . . was against it . . . in a purely capitalistic society.

. . .

Peter, I'd think Rand would have been against the institution of SS because it was mandatory and because it was run by the government. She argued against the addition of Medicare back in the 1960's. Goldwater said that Medicare would be socialism. Trump thought that only the Obama addition to Medicare was socialism. I used to be an actual socialist, and redistribution of wealth and support of the needy and safety nets were not the half of it. Here is he real McCoy of American Democratic Socialism. The fountainhead of that socialism of Norman Thomas had been his religious background. I was a socialist only as a young man finishing high school and beginning college. Mine was entirely from religion and the virtue of unselfishness. In college I became an atheist and then read Rand and adopted her new morality replacing the virtue of self-sacrificing for the benefit of others and her politics of individual rights and bar of initiation of force, including by government.

As you probably recall, Rand's buddy Alan Greenspan headed a commission in 1983 to reform SS so as to keep it financially afloat a good while into the future. That was a lot more participation in the program than the involvement of Rand or of me in paying into and accepting benefits of SS and Medicare. In the book he co-authored, Capitalism in America – A History, Greenspan laments the New Deal transformations of American society, but is resigned concerning Social Security, with its continual expansions (slowed only under Bill Clinton): "FDR nevertheless won the long war: by creating a large administrative machine at the heart of Washington and persuading everybody that Social Security is an earned entitlement rather than a charitable gift, he created a system that has turned out to be politically impossible to shrink" (2018, 254). He stresses from studies that the Social Security trust fund will run out of money by 2034 and the Medicare fund will run out of money by 2029. (Those were projections made five years ago.) To balance their intakes with their outtakes would require permanent tax increases by a third or permanent cut of benefits by a fourth. 

PS – I think that simply calling a program "socialism" fails to get down to the thinking and communication needed for effecting any lasting changes, however accurate or inaccurate the label "socialism." 

• Thanks 1