MAGA-Trump Movement 2021 And Beyond

Meanwhile, in Pennsylvania... Republican-majority House does this... foreshadowing?

"Mark Rozzi, a Democrat-turned-independent, is now speaker of the Pa. House after a surprise vote"

WWW.INQUIRER.COM

Pennsylvania House lawmakers elected Rep. Mark Rozzi speaker of the House.

3 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

It's turtles, all the way down...

I'm not sure I get the use of this vernacular.

When Peikoff says "infinite regress"... he means it.. and it's almost always 100 percent apropo.  This  fallacy of course is different from circular reasoning because for that there is self-reliance i.e. repetition rather than infinite and continual fabrication of reasons required for infinite regress.

When Viva Frei and others say "turtles"... I suppose it's like shrugging and saying "who is John Galt?" 

But in the end, the conceptual claim is not that an infinite regress is implied, only that one has to "dig really deep" to find the truth, no?  Real Turtles would really imply there is no truth, yes?

Can someone help me out?

6 minutes ago, Strictlylogical said:

I'm not sure I get the use of this vernacular.

When Peikoff says "infinite regress"... he means it.. and it's almost always 100 percent apropo.  This  fallacy of course is different from circular reasoning because for that there is self-reliance i.e. repetition rather than infinite and continual fabrication of reasons required for infinite regress.

When Viva Frei and others say "turtles"... I suppose it's like shrugging and saying "who is John Galt?" 

But in the end, the conceptual claim is not that an infinite regress is implied, only that one has to "dig really deep" to find the truth, no?  Real Turtles would really imply there is no truth, yes?

Can someone help me out?

If you're referring to my usage, don't read too much into it. I'm just quipping that it's swamp, all the way down...

• Smile 1

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

How do you identify a swamp creature?

When it lands, it doesn't go thump. It goes squish.

:)

Michael

So what exactly IS going on here?

Jim Jordan and Trump are publicly supporting McCarthy

Geatz nominates JJ,

and the holdouts (or some of them?) are RINOs pretending to be hardcore MAGA but in with the predator class?

Pretend I'm an 8 year old... GO.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

How do you identify a swamp creature?

When it lands, it doesn't go thump. It goes squish.

Michael

Drip, drip, drip, squish,squish, squish, thump, thump, Trump, Trump,Trump!!!

• Smile 1

32 minutes ago, Strictlylogical said:

OK what is going on here?  Is McCarthy a swamp creature or not?

A swamp creature with a very tight leash around his neck.

Total perfection for us.

#checkmate

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

All swamp creatures eat swamp creatures as their daily diet.

Law of Identity.

Michael

"All swamp creatures are equally swampy, but some are more swampy than others..." not Orwell

32 minutes ago, Strictlylogical said:

Pretend I'm an 8 year old...

S,

I can't say for sure since I am not there, but from what I see, the explanation needs a bit more age to it and I'm not sure you will resonate. Here goes anyway.

Just remember that you cannot reason with a squish. You can only manipulate him to get him to act right.

So, from what I see, Trump and MAGA in general are taming their whore.

If you watch any movie or read any book where there is a pimp and a whore, you will see the pimp beat her and sweet talk her at different times, always going back and forth.

I call this method slap and stroke.

When the pimp is done with her, she doesn't know if she is coming or going, but she will go out and whore for him.

I think that is what they are doing to McCarthy in the end (among other possibilities like replacing him if that takes).

It's ugly, but reality is reality.

In other words, politics is not for 8 year olds.

Michael

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

S,

I can't say for sure since I am not there, but from what I see, the explanation needs a bit more age to it and I'm not sure you will resonate. Here goes anyway.

Just remember that you cannot reason with a squish. You can only manipulate him to get him to act right.

So, from what I see, Trump and MAGA in general are taming their whore.

If you watch any movie or read any book where there is a pimp and a whore, you will see the pimp beat her and sweet talk her at different times, always going back and forth.

I call this method slap and stroke.

When the pimp is done with her, she doesn't know if she is coming or going, but she will go out and whore for him.

I think that is what they are doing to McCarthy in the end (among other possibilities like replacing him if that takes).

It's ugly, but reality is reality.

In other words, politics is not for 8 year olds.

Michael

OK... MAGA is not large enough .. does not have a big enough majority within the Republican party to simply pick their own and rally support.

OK 8 was too young... I suppose once all is said and done we can analyze who did what and why... but I am having a tough time deciding who to root for and why...during all this!

Anyone care to estimate how many of the holdouts are legit and how many are RINOs?

If the legit ones cause enough delay, inconvenience, and show enough brinkmanship they will have shown their resolve and house RINOs will know the hardcoire element can't be pushed around.  Maybe they are simply awaiting some attempt from the others at compromise/dealing?  In other words the message is, if you want to do anything you need us on board?

EDIT: watching another vote live now...

46 minutes ago, Strictlylogical said:

We really need a laughing reaction but in lieu I will use a smile.

S,

Type a colon, then "r." A series of emoticons should open in a popup. But the colon and r have to be next to each other. No space between them.

The r stands for rolling on the floor laughing. You have seen me use this at times. 🤣

That is how I access it. If r does not open the popup, add o. And so on for rolling. At one point the popup should appear.

There are a whole bunch of emoticons you can access that way.

I did not make a big fuss about this before when an update to the software made it happen because of the way Jon had misused the laughing icon to humiliate posters he disagreed with.

I don't want that bullying spirit anymore here on OL.

Bullies are scumbags. I want no more part of them.

They can bully people in their home. Not in mine. (Or our online home, I should say.)

Michael

2 hours ago, Strictlylogical said:

... I am having a tough time deciding who to root for and why...

S,

Things happen in sequence, not in a static environment.

Who do you want to fight when the bullets are flying? Assholes who know how to shoot or ideologues who know how to make correct syllogisms?

That also goes for peace time. Who do you want to design and build the machines you use everyday like cars and refrigerators? Engineers and people like that or assholes who know how to shoot?

Context.

The side to root for in an election is the side that wants to restore the constitution and live by it. Even if they look like assholes who shoot right now.

The side not to root for in an election is the side that is OK with endless war for profit, just so long as they can ignore the taxes to pay for it (because they are pretty well off) and the war doesn't come to their backyard.

Michael

If people only knew who this guy was.

That's what makes this comment hilarious.

422fab203f9c36477621203d19ec7e06_500x0.j
GETTR.COM

Speaker of the House should be decided by a manspreading contest.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

And who is James Lindsay?

Go here and you'll see who he is.

Hell, I'm learning about Hegel and a bunch of other highfalutin things from him.

It's not Thesis-->Antithesis-->Synthesis.

That's not Hegel at all.

This is Hegel: Abstract-->Negative-->Concrete.

Wanna see for yourself if you have never read Hegel's works? Check out Lindsay's 4 hour video on it.

Hegel's dialectic is not about how reality operates to create new stuff. That's what I always thought it was before Lindsay.

The dialectic is about removing the garbage from the human perception of the One True God, which Hegel calls by the name Spirit (and then throws in adjectives to show the different states and stages of Spirit).

In a funny manner, we are witnessing a dialectic process occur over this Speaker vote. You have the Abstract, that is the established interests who think the Freedom Caucus is nothing but clowns and terrorists, you have the Negative, the Freedom Caucus who say, "Freedom and Constitution. We mean it. So hell no." And look at the Concrete we are getting so far. Time after time.

Then Lindsay comes along and identifies the real Concrete that will resolve the vote: balls.

🤣 🤣 🤣 

Michael