Coronavirus

Peter

Scott Adams is definitely a creep.

An intelligent one, so that makes him worse. He uses his intelligence to do gain of function on his own creepiness. :) 

I have been uncomfortable with his apparent stupidity about COVID. It didn't sound right. Then he posted the following Tweet and even Elon Musk responded.

Now Scott says he was running an experiment on people about his "two movies" theory.

And what is the two movies theory? The following (my paraphrase). People see the same reality, but tend to segment into people who see two different movies, that is one segment sees one movie and the other segment sees another movie. The movies alter reality for them although the reality they look at is the same. What's more, one movie is generally the opposite of the other in terms of both what is real and what it means.

So Scott said he is from one movie concerning COVID, that he has been in this movie for years, and he decided to see what being in the other movie felt like. So he made some tweets tailored to the beliefs and emotions of the people who see the other movie and that led to surprising results and blah blah blah...

In fact, in the tweet where Elon Musk responded, Scott said he was surprised anyone believed him and didn't realize his tweet was satire. Because "clearly," people from his normal movie would see it as satire. So it stunned him that Elon got taken in.

Here is where he is talking about all this and what an awesome puppetmaster he is. I only saw 30 minutes or so of the video because I couldn't take it anymore.

What a load of bullshit.

And I'm not talking about Scott's views on COVID, his experiment or even his theories.

I'm talking about Scott talking in the first place and using his audience as livestock to experiment on. Scott has gotten to the point in his own vanity that he believes his own bullshit. "I say, therefore I am." :) 

He says clearly, although not in these words and framing, that he believes toying with his audience in this fashion is a good thing and the results prove how right and better than others he is.

Do you know where I have seen this before?

In the pop artists I produced in Brazil.

This stuff is vanity with little substance. 

Here's a reality I know Scott doesn't see since he never talks about it. 

Loyal fans don't mind white lies. They all know public images are part fiction and part reality.

In Scott's view, they don't. They only see one movie or another. (In fact, this is true about the extremes in O-Land, :) but it is true about the fringes of most anything.)

But do you know what happens to most loyal fans when they perceive they are being lied to in order for the liar to lie to himself about how awesome he is, how superior to his fans he is?

They get bored and start leaving.

I'm not speculating. I've seen this several times up close.

So why am I going on about Scott Adams so much? Don't worry. It's only temporary. I learned a lot from Scott and my cognitive dissonance is high right now. Way down in the underbelly of my mind.

I am realizing that the difference between my perception of Scott Adams and the reality of him are not in alignment. And, for as surprising as it may seem, it's tough to make the readjustment toward reality, but I am doing it.

The perception felt good, but reality is reality. After all, Scott comes off as feeling superior to others and by agreeing with him, the underbelly of my mind can catch a ride on that feeling of superiority.  But reality doesn't care how I feel. Like Rand always said, reality can destroy me if I do reality wrong. So I have made a habit in my thinking. Reality ALWAYS trumps my formed perception when there is a difference. Once I detect it, I have to accept reality as the standard.

In reading these posts, you are literally watching the process of me becoming bored with Scott Adams.

It's not an on-off switch. It's a process, one where a lot of my own thinking and emotions are involved.

But I know what is going on since I have done this before. The end result will be total boredom and the state of serenity and grace Howard Roark achieved when he said to Toohey, "But I don't think of you." Only, for Scott, I would add, "I used to think of you, but now you bore me."

A friend offline told me that she is in line with my thinking about Scott. So much so, she removed him from her bookmarks. She wrote, "That'll show him."

The thing is, I have no doubt there are many like her. Inside, I am far more like people like her than I am people like Scott. So, from a lifetime of being like this, I know there are many.

It's a reality thing. 

One gesture may not seem like much, but when multiplied, that really will show him. However, I think he is too far gone into the myth of his own vanity to see it.

Oops. It's been nice, but time to think about my fiction writing projects... Maybe some Internet marketing... Maybe some Trump and MAGA... You know, me stuff...

(yawn...)

See?

I'm already getting bored with Scott Adams.

:) 

Michael

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

I got the vax. I have not gotten Covid. Family members got vaxes. One still got Covid. One. Period. 

Peter,

I celebrate that.

I worry about you, so I do.

I have nothing but good wishes for you.

I doubt your experience is much consolation to all the families who had members die or become impaired from vax injuries.

And the piles of dead bodies are piling up no matter who says what.

We cannot let this happen again.

Michael

• Upvote 1

For those who don't want to watch 3 videos (as in my post above) of Tucker holding Pfizer to account for experimenting with bioweapons and calling that "directed evolution," here is the entire segment in one video.

Michael

From CDC: About COVID-19 Vaccines COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States are effective at protecting people from getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, and dying. As with other vaccine-preventable diseases, you are protected best from COVID-19 when you stay up to date with the recommended vaccinations, including recommended boosters. Four COVID-19 vaccines are approved or authorized in the United States: Pfizer-BioNTech Moderna Novavax Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) (CDC recommends that the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine only be considered in certain situations, due to safety concerns.)

From The AMA Coronavirus Vaccines SARS-CoV-2 vaccines manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna became the first two COVID-19 vaccines approved in the United States. Both vaccines have been shown to be safe and effective against SARS-CoV-2 infection or severe COVID-19 outcomes. The AMA recognizes the critical importance of scientific integrity, transparency and public trust in the fight to contain the global spread of COVID-19. American Medical Association vaccines resources for physicians include evidence-based messaging guidance and best practices for consideration in external communications on COVID-19 vaccine topics and more.

From The Mayo Clinic: A COVID-19 vaccine might: Protect you from getting COVID-19 Prevent you from becoming seriously ill, becoming hospitalized or dying due to COVID-19 Limit the spread of COVID-19. end quotes

And what does your doctor, local hospital, clinic recommend?

From The CDC: By following the recommended schedule and fully immunizing your child by 2 years of age, your child should be protected against 14 vaccine preventable diseases. Between 12 and 23 months of age, your child receives the following vaccines to continue developing immunity from potentially harmful diseases:

Chickenpox (Varicella)

Diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough (pertussis) (DTaP)

Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)

Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)

Polio (IPV) (between 6 through 18 months)

Pneumococcal (PCV)

Hepatitis A (HepA)

Hepatitis B (HepB)

Additionally, children should receive flu vaccination every flu season.

mRNA is gene therapy , dead virus vaccines is immune therapy in that they introduce unfamiliar proteins in a relatively safe manner to the immune system. 

No vaccines , and certainly not gene therapy , create immunologic protection , the immune system does what it does by itself based on what you give it , and if you’re smart enough to fuck with that very complex system , you have to be smart enough to try and figure out how the inevitable mistakes or blind spots of knowledge will harm the least. All those rules were broken with the use of the mRNA platform. 

Remdesvir and biological damage that cause heart damage and strokes will end up harming and killing more than having helped lower hospitalization rates , the subsequent variants evolved in the wild (in the human population) to be less virulent, like most every virus . Evolutionarily, viruses that kill the host don’t ‘last’ long.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Peter said:

From CDC: About COVID-19 Vaccines COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States are effective at protecting people from getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, and dying. As with other vaccine-preventable diseases, you are protected best from COVID-19 when you stay up to date with the recommended vaccinations, including recommended boosters. Four COVID-19 vaccines are approved or authorized in the United States: Pfizer-BioNTech Moderna Novavax Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) (CDC recommends that the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine only be considered in certain situations, due to safety concerns.)

From The AMA Coronavirus Vaccines SARS-CoV-2 vaccines manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna became the first two COVID-19 vaccines approved in the United States. Both vaccines have been shown to be safe and effective against SARS-CoV-2 infection or severe COVID-19 outcomes. The AMA recognizes the critical importance of scientific integrity, transparency and public trust in the fight to contain the global spread of COVID-19. American Medical Association vaccines resources for physicians include evidence-based messaging guidance and best practices for consideration in external communications on COVID-19 vaccine topics and more.

From The Mayo Clinic: A COVID-19 vaccine might: Protect you from getting COVID-19 Prevent you from becoming seriously ill, becoming hospitalized or dying due to COVID-19 Limit the spread of COVID-19. end quotes

And what does your doctor, local hospital, clinic recommend?

Peter,

They all do a lot a good--and they all lie for money.

All of them.

Meanwhile the dead bodies keep piling up.

The statements by all of these people and organizations are words--and those words often change.

The dead bodies are reality and they are not going away. Reality, the dead bodies, they don't change.

All of these people and organizations gave out gene therapy shots they called vaccines and they all say they are not causing the dead bodies. Yet the dead bodies only started piling up after their shots.

Notice that they changed the definition of "vaccine" to do that. That's one of the words they changed. Do you want links? I can prove it.

As Franscisco said in Atlas Shrugged:

Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think that you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. 

Michael

• Upvote 1

Here's another indication.

There is a huge difference between shutting down a troll and censoring something the authorities don't want the public to see.

In this case, YouTube is censoring a video that has been seen over 18 million times. That number comes from much earlier, so it is no doubt much bigger by now.

Notice that censorship (in this meaning) is only used against the truth.

It is never used against a lie.

Think about it.

This is a money and power thing, not a COVID or vax thing. And maybe sex when you start digging.

Elitists and their human livestock: that's the frame.

The livestock need to be taught a lesson. They are getting uppity.

Michael

• Upvote 2

An interjection, one I hope, apropo...

Predatory Power

It is not money.  No matter how rich in resources no person exceeds the total wealth of resources and potential productivity of all others. One cannot buy souls from those who do not sell them. 

It is not strength and sinew.  The greatest warrior is a mote of dust if the countless millions set upon him.  

It is not intelligence or knowledge.  The mind of a solitary schemer is impotent without action.

How is it little weaklings and paupers with mediocre IQ can and have repeatedly "arisen" to oppress and kill thousands and millions in modern history?

Predatory Power is having instilled in each person beliefs about what everyone else will think or do, if that person tries to "disobey"... that they are alone (or in too few numbers) if they are inclined to rebel, that everyone else will stand against them.

Start with a small circle, a small group, a small tribe or cult, keep those who tend to obedience and fear, reject the others,

expand the circle...fear, division, narrative, ... evasion, rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 2
  • Smile 1

Follow your doctor's advice about vaccines. There are still a few places, usually associated with medicine, that require masking. Hopefully, "herd immunity" is a factor, because Covid cases *and news* seem to be declining. And I think I mentioned that I got three Pfizer shots at the VA at three different times, but without saying much they did not question my decision to NOT get a fourth shot, though I got the flu shot at that time. I occasionally see a person wearing a mask at places like a drug store, but that is getting rarer. A lot of harm was done to the world, including to China. I still haven't bought Chinese takeout since 2020. 

Pfizer responded to the controversy caused by the Veritas video saying it categorically, conclusively, definitively, no ifs ands or buts, unambiguously, and under no circumstances conducts gain of function research (or directed evolution research) on COVID viruses...

... except when it does.

image.png

That piece of writing above is a great example of the communications poison in our public square. It shows the difference between those who hold to "control of narrative" over reality, and those who seek to see reality irrespective of the words used--especially words used by authorities and the media.

Pfizer, right there in the words of their announcement, described one way to do gain of function research, Pfizer said they were doing that, then Pfizer said they were not doing gain of function research because they can use some big words, implying you are too stupid to understand them.

An easier-to-remember term for all this is "lying." If you want to get fancy, you can say "using a story to lie."

Michael

Meanwhile, tech censorship is getting serious blowback--the kind that threatens Big Tech's standing.

YouTube Removed Project Veritas’ Bombshell Pfizer Video, So Rumble Put it on Its Front Page

veritas.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

YouTube has removed Project Veritas’ bombshell undercover footage of Pfizer research director Jordon Trishton Walker talking about the company exploring “directed evolution” research on the COVID-19...

:) 

Michael

25 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Pfizer, right there in the words of their announcement, described one way to do gain of function research, Pfizer said they were doing that, then Pfizer said they were not doing gain of function research because they can use some big words, implying you are too stupid to understand them.

Just in case people missed it, Veritas highlighted the words.

(I saw this after I made my post. Is James O'Keefe plagiarizing my ideas? :) Don't get excited, that's a quip. :) )

image.png

Michael

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Follow your doctor's advice about vaccines. There are still a few places, usually associated with medicine, that require masking. Hopefully, "herd immunity" is a factor, because Covid cases *and news* seem to be declining. And I think I mentioned that I got three Pfizer shots at the VA at three different times, but without saying much they did not question my decision to NOT get a fourth shot, though I got the flu shot at that time. I occasionally see a person wearing a mask at places like a drug store, but that is getting rarer. A lot of harm was done to the world, including to China. I still haven't bought Chinese takeout since 2020. 

Never mind that the doctors are getting their marching orders (literally) from "Gain-of-Function Fauci" and Pfizer, who are not only colluding with the government to censor those doctors who dissent from the vaccines, and force social media to suppress information about proven alternatives such as ivermectin, but also are intentionally mutating viruses in order to "direct evolution"...

• Upvote 1

The End of Alan Dershowitz.

Referring to this:

“You have no right not to take a COVID vaccine, you have no right not to wear a mask, you have no right to open up your business.” - Alan Dershowitz

Now, there are people in the comments of that thread claiming that Dershowitz was taken out of context, pointing to the full video of him with Tucker Carlson, while others respond that he has said the same elsewhere, reinforcing the quote above.

Here's the Tucker interview, where he makes the argument. Here's a few excerpts; judge the context for yourself:

"Host Tucker Carlson began the segment by acknowledging the argument that people 'don't have a right to endanger other people, your right to punch ends at the tip of my nose' before asking Dershowitz whether 'the government has a right to endanger' people who may have an adverse reaction to a vaccine by forcing them to take it.

"'The Supreme Court has said yes, and if the case came to the Supreme Court today, they would say yes, it would either be 9-0 or 8-1,' Dershowitz responded. 'It is not a debatable issue constitutionally. Look, they have a right to draft you and put your life in danger to help the country. The police power of the state is very considerable.'

"Dershowitz added that he agrees with the 'moral argument' that no one should be subject to vaccine that has not been fully vetted on the chance it could help other people and noted that he wouldn't want people to submit to a vaccine unless it is proven safe.

"'If the vaccine is extremely safe, then the state does have the right to tell you to take it,' he said. 'Vaccines work on a theory of mass inoculation. You're not taking it to help yourself.'"

Video-2020-05-20T210849.666.jpg?ve=1&tl=
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz joined "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Wednesday to discuss the constitutionality of...

4 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

"Dershowitz added that he agrees with the 'moral argument' that no one should be subject to vaccine that has not been fully vetted on the chance it could help other people and noted that he wouldn't want people to submit to a vaccine unless it is proven safe.

"'If the vaccine is extremely safe, then the state does have the right to tell you to take it,' he said. 'Vaccines work on a theory of mass inoculation. You're not taking it to help yourself.'"

I know some children of families who are Amish, Mennonite, etc. don't get vaccines AT ALL for religious reasons, so there should be 'rational' and legal reasons to say no too, for the bunch of shots school age children are required to get. My wife still knows a student friend who did not get the polio vaccine around 1961 and lives with a limp to this day. It's a tough call if you are for freedom but also for personal and public health. Peter 

Strictlylogical wrote, “What is "public health" as distinguished from personal health? On what principled grounds (according to an Objectivist) would one want such a thing (as opposed to personal health)? end quote

I think the issue is complicated like the concept of “coercion” verses “urging” but many things a person does affects the rights of others. Some examples? Pollution. Spreading disease. The nickname “Typhoid Mary,” comes to mind. Crossing borders. Laws are different, and we accept the states or country‘s laws, even a 55 mile per hour speed limit, when we take a transcontinental highway.

If someone has leprosy, are they infringing on someone rights if they spread the disease? Of course. Remember the beginnings of Covid. People in public places were aghast when someone was obviously sick and near them. What if you heard, “Welcome Walmart shoppers. On aisle five we have someone coughing, sneezing, and vomiting.” Or what if you said or just thought: Uh, Nurse? Say dental hygienist. Doctor? Shouldn’t you be home in bed? Hey nonstop cougher! Get off the bus!

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Strictlylogical wrote, “What is "public health" as distinguished from personal health? On what principled grounds (according to an Objectivist) would one want such a thing (as opposed to personal health)? end quote

I think the issue is complicated like the concept of “coercion” verses “urging” but many things a person does affects the rights of others. Some examples? Pollution. Spreading disease. The nickname “Typhoid Mary,” comes to mind. Crossing borders. Laws are different, and we accept the states or country‘s laws, even a 55 mile per hour speed limit, when we take a transcontinental highway.

If someone has leprosy, are they infringing on someone rights if they spread the disease? Of course. Remember the beginnings of Covid. People in public places were aghast when someone was obviously sick and near them. What if you heard, “Welcome Walmart shoppers. On aisle five we have someone coughing, sneezing, and vomiting.” Or what if you said or just thought: Uh, Nurse? Say dental hygienist. Doctor? Shouldn’t you be home in bed? Hey nonstop cougher! Get off the bus!

Urging is not coercion, one attempts at persuasion the other is initiation of force.

"Acceptance" is more an indication of obedience which is unrelated to principles.

If someone has symptoms of leprosy and reasonably should have known they have it then knowingly exposing others to themselves is negligent.  Civil torts likely apply here.  Spitting leprosy in someone's eye, however, is likely criminal assault, with intent to harm.

The previous are a random grab bag of statements...

because that is all I got when I asked a few direct questions.

"public health" ... what it that?

• Thanks 1