Ukraine and Endless War for Profit

Michael Stuart Kelly

I did not know Roseanne Barr came from a Ukrainian background.

PIERS MORGAN TALKS WITH ROSEANNE BARR - PUBLISHED TODAY

She has a very interesting take on the Ukrainian war.

And she is vocal about it in her Roseanne way.

:) 

At the end, Piers stepped on a landmine and talked transgender with her. She said today's women should keep their penises in their pants instead of flopping them around in the faces of children.

Piers became expressionless and signed off.

Michael

• Smile 1

On 7/10/2023 at 6:14 AM, Peter said:

Because individual human life is the standard of value and the individual's own reasoning and property is his proper method of sustaining that value, the initiation of physical force or fraud against the individual or his property is the basic moral wrong and evil. This holds true even if an individual's conclusions about how he should run his life eventually prove to be self-destructive, since he is the exclusive owner of his life and he alone will pay the price for his own mistakes. end quotes

Hmm, standard of value.

"While (immorally) deterring peace talks". I said above.

Jens Stoltenberg at Vilnius a few days back:

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg
[...]

"We will provide support to Ukraine for as long as it takes. Because unless Ukraine wins this war, there's no membership issue to be discussed at all".

--

"Unless Ukraine wins..." Can you see what Putin saw? His "Existential threat"? Neutrality? There's no satisfying or dealing with Nato belligerence, it was coming for Russia next.

No matter that Ukraine goes under, in the attempt (as it is) --you will keep fighting "to the last Ukrainian" (if you desire the glittering empty prize of Nato admission).

The Ukrainians are worse than "proxy" combatants, they've been convinced by the adoring world to be "self-destructive" heroic slaves - to that final victory. Which, in the West's nasty notion of consequentialism, will claim undeserved moral supremacy in their public's eyes.

While posturing as Ukraine's ... defender.

Their premises laid bare by Jens S - these warmonger leaders strongly indicate contempt of any Slavic race, Russians or Ukrainians; both are lesser-human and can be "ethnically cleansed"/removed/subordinated for power, prestige and avarice.

"Evil" martyrdom.

On 7/10/2023 at 7:20 AM, Peter said:

I think Russia’s brutal assault on Ukraine has hardened the perceived need of the countries near Russia to join NATO or strengthen their ties to NATO. Sweden and Finland want to join NATO for their protection from the Russian wolf. These three quotes originated in the small countries of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia.

Small countries yes, whose people collaborated with Nazis, and are rabidly anti-Russian and were anti-Jewish.

They also haven't gotten over the Soviets. Though left alone by Russia since independence and had no need of Nato protection. Similar to Ukraine, still exist neo-Nazi groups in Lithuania now.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/E-7-2012-006775_EN.html

Let's not be naive. Over there, one needs to be careful who one sympathizes with (to demonize Russia). Before you know it, one can be siding with Nazis.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend doesn't cut it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjY08eD4oqAAxXaiVwKHdkaCiw4ChAWegQICRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbrill.com%2Fdownloadpdf%2Fbook%2Fedcoll%2F9783657705757%2FBP000031.pdf%3FpdfJsInlineViewToken%3D171586147%26inlineView%3Dtrue&usg=AOvVaw1fJaQYaHN-JMBE_3I6eGR3&opi=89978449

"Nazi propaganda exploited the anti-communist and anti-Jewish
sentiment that had grown during the year of the Soviet occupation, and con-
vinced some Lithuanians that Bolshevism was a Jewish force, and that it was
primarily the Jews who were to blame for all the hardships...".

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I did not know Roseanne Barr came from a Ukrainian background.

Interesting facts about Mila Kunis from Wikipedia: Milena Markovna Kunis was born into a Ukrainian Jewish family on August 14, 1983, in Chernivtsi, a city in the Ukrainian SSR of the Soviet Union (now Ukraine). Although Kunis's parents have since retired, previously her mother, Elvira, was a physics teacher who ran a pharmacy, and her father, Mark Kunis, was a mechanical engineer who worked as a cab driver after the family emigrated. She was only taught Russian by the Soviet Union and does not speak Ukrainian. end quote

From the weirdly named site Cheapism. What stars have roots in Ukraine? Leonard Nimoy. Bob Dylan. Jack Palance. Golda Meir. Natalie Wood. Steven Spielberg. Ruth Bader Ginsburg. David Duchovny. Michael Bolton.

Dustin Hoffman: On the TV show "Finding Your Roots," Hoffman learned that his grandfather and great-grandfather were killed by Soviet secret police, and his great-grandmother spent five years in a Russian concentration camp before coming to the United States.

Sylvester Stallone While much has been made of Sly's New York roots, he also has a connection to Ukraine. Relatives on his maternal side lived in Odessa.

Alex Trebek While his mother was French-Canadian, the late "Jeopardy" host was also the son of George Edward Trebek, a chef who emigrated from Ukraine as a child.

Mila Jovovich The "Resident Evil" star has Serbian roots, but she was also born in Kyiv and immigrated to the U.S. at age 5.

David Copperfield Born David Seth Kotkin in New Jersey, the Emmy-winning magician's paternal grandparents were Jewish emigrants from what was then the Soviet Union but is now Ukraine. 

Famed conductor Leonard Bernstein was known for his contributions to the American songbook, but both his parents were 'Ukrainian-Jewish immigrants from Rivne.

I fail to see the reasoning behind the political sort of attacks on Ukraine and the positivity or lack of response to the Russian invasion. Let me say it again. The “initiation of force,” is and was, used on Ukraine by Russia. It looks like the whole “free world” wants to join NATO and not just the North Atlantic. Joke?

Does Ukraine have some evil? Sure. America too, has pro Nazis. Maybe a couple of hundred! President Trump, talking about rioters in Charlottesville, Virginia said there were good people on both sides, and for that he has gotten some flak. Some of the rioters were White Nationalists and others had Confederate flags.

America has mobsters, gangs, etc., but does that mean we should, or deserve, to be invaded? No.

I am getting sleeeepy. This is a bit off the wall, but what are the chances of China invading Taiwan? We have a little bit of trade with Russia, but a lot more with China. So . . . will the chance of losing America as a Big trading partner deter China? It’s possible that fact, is some leverage. I saw one military estimate that China may be “ready to invade” in 2026.

From Reddit. Apple yesterday asked Taiwan-based suppliers to use the 'made in China' label, as the firm reportedly wants products to comply with Bejing rule in a bid to avoid disruption from …  

From Bing. U.S. imports from Taiwan account for 2.6 percent of overall U.S. imports in 2020. The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2020 were: electrical machinery ($19 billion), machinery ($18 billion), vehicles ($2.9 billion), iron and steel products ($2.6 billion), and plastics ($2.2 billion).

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Does Ukraine have some evil? Sure. America too, has pro Nazis.

Peter,

Ukraine doesn't just have pro-Nazis.

They have the real deal.

I, for one, see your arguments defending Ukraine as equivalent to defending Stalin against Hitler because Stalin has rights and Hitler does not.

Notice that the only people who are rallying to the Ukraine cause these days are Predator Class people and those who consume their news products.

Nobody else. And it is getting more evident each day as more and more people are getting hostile to Ukraine.

Put it this way. The people who are against supporting Ukraine (a vast majority) would react differently under a man like Trump, not because of personality cult, but because they know Trump will not dupe them and kill their kids for money. They know Trump will go in, win, and leave.

People are fed up with the embezzlements and lies and bullshit.

Nothing in my book, not Putin hatred, nothing justifies staging wars with no intention of winning them and killing young Americans so despicable Predators--American equivalents of Putin--can make money.

If you fight a war, win the damn thing. Fight to win. Don't kill American kids for money.

Michael

Nobody's hiding the grift.

Lookee here.

President Biden to Zelensky: We’ve Given More to Ukraine Than All Other Nations Combined

Joe-Biden-and-Volodymyr-Zelensky.jpg
WWW.BREITBART.COM

President Joe Biden boasted Wednesday at a NATO gathering in Vilnius that the United States has given more money to Ukraine than all other nations combined.

Biden is not complaining to Zelensky.

He's bragging.

The USA was scammed.

Fucking crooks are running the government.

Michael

"President Trump, talking about rioters in Charlottesville, Virginia said there were good people on both sides, and for that he has gotten some flak."

Peter right here on OL our fearless leader has spilt much pixels explaining the flak was a giant hoax. Trump said in his statement that there were good/well intention-ed people on both sides of the argument as to whether or not Confederate statues and such should be removed from public places. He condemned the violence and 'white supremacists' specifically. (given what we see today, Richard Spencer probably isn't the nominal head of the "Patriot Front" because it would be a little too on the nose even for the FBI).

The tiki torch march was the CNN "shock and awe" coverage all over again, MSM isn't just biased , it is literally propaganda. Corporations and corporations that run mutlimedia 'news' organizations would be hard pressed to be successful if they bucked the system, which makes them a ripe environment for leadership that is either sympathetic to the commie/globalist/oligarchs narrative or cynical enough to not care, but they know what it is they are doing, you should too.

The news: President Biden is in Finland today. Finland along with Sweden want to enroll in NATO. Ukraine will abide by NATO rules if invited to join NATO after the Russian invasion, slaughter, and subjugation is ended. Ukraine will not violate human rights.

Russia is the threat. Russia is the wolf at the door to the whole free world . . . well except here on OL which is the La La Land exception. Russia tried to take over a whole country using the initiation of force. It will try again, if and when they recover from this invasion.

I am certainly not for using American volunteers to fight Russia, and no one that I know of thinks or suggests that. No one in the whole free world, accept a couple of people here on OL, hate and despise Ukraine and seem to find every nitpicking reason to make Russia and Ukraine as equally bad for being invaded and for invading.

Being invaded. Invading. Are those equivalent? Some bad people are in one country so an invasion is "justified?" If discussing the invaders and the invaded why primarily say bad things about the invaded? How large will the graveyards in Ukraine become before this is over? 

The UN is already ramping up for a "Russian War Crimes" investigation. The amoral business people who want Russian oil are the rotten people who are enabling Russia. 

I don't think the donation of cluster bombs to Ukraine should be done nor should it be advertised. Russia has already stated they will use cluster bombs, but I thought they had already done that. Russia has certainly targeted Ukrainian civilians. I don't think a hatred of Ukraine which may embolden Russia is what Ayn Rand would promote. I don't think little or no "moral support" for Ukraine is objective or in the interest of the free world. 

40 minutes ago, Peter said:

If discussing the invaders and the invaded why primarily say bad things about the invaded?

Peter,

Only because of the massive propaganda campaign.

I, myself, say bad things about both--it's all on record here in this thread, but I get treated as if I am only defending Putin and trashing Ukraine.

You imply Ukraine is a good guy.

In this war, there are no good guys.

I object to using USA blood and treasure to support either.

I don't care who invaded who. .

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I don't care who invaded who. .

Da comrade, I get it. A Russian tornado landed near Chicago, Illinois, delaying flights at O’Hare Airport. It frightened you. Putin previously bragged about his weather, AI, and propaganda skills and darn if he isn’t winning those wars. He also said when the war is Ukraine is over and those ruffians are part of TNSU, or The New Soviet Union he will engulf Sweden and Finland if their entry into NATO is delayed. In the meantime, Vlad the Impaler Putin is flooding Vermont and New York State and causing the mid-Atlantic states to swelter in temperatures that feel like a hundred degrees Fahrenheit. To quote Vlad, “The New Soviet Union is a hero and the rest of the world is evil! We will conduct controlled burns on the rest of the world except for our few real friends like Belarus and those who don't care, who invaded who.

Back to reality. On the noon news they just showed a live stream of the Ocean City Maryland beach with a heat index of 95 at the beaches and 100 at Wallops Island Flight Facility. There was a city of sun umbrellas on the beach. I think I will stay inside today tapping at computer keys and watching soaps.      

95 in July ?! We should all get electric cars, better yet you know that buzz about exploring a national 4 day work week , heck we may need that as policy , think of the reduction in carbon poisoning we could accomplish , 3 days would be better. For those who can't see reason a little lockdown(ish) is probably palatable. Holy shit 95 in July!

Peter,

Ayn Rand is on record saying that she didn't give a shit who invaded who in the Vietnam war. The US should not have been there. Most people in O-Land forget she thought that way.

Why?

Because right after, she said that since we got in there, we might as well win it.

That has morphed into we need to get in there when bad guys invade each other. And once there, we don't need to win. Just keep pouring money and bodies in. 

Like I said, between Ukraine and Russia, I don't care who invades who.

I don't like Communists. And I don't like Nazis. Both are collectivist brutal killers. If they want to invade and kill each other, OK.

Michael

Michael wrote, “I don't like Communists. And I don't like Nazis. Both are collectivist brutal killers. If they want to invade and kill each other, OK.

If just the bad guys were killing the bad guys, I would be in agreement with you. But one country invaded another country. That’s a big minus and the initiation of force. One country is killing civilians. That’s another big minus. One country is threatening to use nuclear weapons against another and against any other people who want them to stop murdering. That’s a big minus. Russia will do it again, if they think they can get away with it. Another Minus. Just ask Sweden and Finland for some input. You are aware that Zelenski is Jewish so he can’t be a Nazi? I haven’t a clue what percent of Ukrainians are Nazi’s but I doubt it is very many or they would not have elected a Jewish man to office. Remind me if the KKK marches in the U.S.A. again or the next time a Nazi march or rally happens. Does that mean America will then deserve to be invaded?

What the ‘fringe” in any country espouses is not what the country is about. Some bad Ukrainians do not TAINT the whole country. Some bad Ukrainians do not make the country immoral or deserving innocent casualties. Other than the few “volunteering Americans” who went over there to fight and perhaps die, I don‘t know of any Americans who want America in another war. Sometimes Michael, I wonder if you are “up to something?” Do you have a personal grudge against Ukraine? I wish them the best . . . and peace when they are able to rebuild their country. And so NATO grows. And we are closer to a nuclear disaster, because of Russia and Vlad Putin. I have noticed an increase in the Emergency Broadcasting alerts. Peter  

From Newsweek. Ukraine is also at war and governments often implement emergency policies during armed conflicts that curtail political and personal freedoms. Groups that assess countries' democratic standing have rated Ukraine as a "flawed democracy" or a "hybrid regime" and the country continues to struggle with corruption. However, those assessments may not take into account actions Ukraine has taken during the ongoing conflict . . . . Free and Fair Elections. Ukraine's president is directly elected by the people, while the country's lawmakers are elected in both single-seat constituencies and through proportional representation. The legislature chooses the prime minister by majority vote, and the president appoints members of the supreme court after they have been nominated by the Supreme Council of Justice. The U.S. State Department found in its 2020 report on human rights practice in Ukraine that the 2019 election was fair.

The article also reiterated how Zelenski has forbidden Russian speaking broadcasts in Ukraine since the invasion started.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

One country is killing civilians.

Peter,

Yeah.

Ukraine.

The current Ukrainian government kills its own citizens with bombs.

You always leave that out or forgive it for some reason.

Nazis.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

You are aware that Zelenski is Jewish so he can’t be a Nazi?

Did you listen to Roseanne Barr? She's Jewish. She said Zelensky is one of the bad Jews. The equivalent of the Jewish Nazi collaborators in WWII. The type who took her entire family and extended family out into a field and shot them dead.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Some bad Ukrainians do not TAINT the whole country.

Some bad Nazis did not taint the entire country of Germany, either. Just like some bad Communists like Putin do not taint the entire country of Russia.

Are some innocents more deserving of being innocent than other innocents?

Not in my thinking.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Sometimes Michael, I wonder if you are “up to something?”

It is called looking at reality and living according to principles, starting with identifying reality correctly.

I use reason as my standard.

Michael

To add to that last, there would be no risk of nuclear war under Trump.

None.

Zero.

Nada.

Putin would still be the same as he always is, so why?

Easy.

Incompetent corrupt leaders in the US who get a pass on being incompetent and corrupt.

They will let Putin go nuclear and even goad him and cheer it on, just so long as no bomb explodes near them or their peeps. Hell, they get commissions off of nukes and rebuilding shit.

They are the highest danger we have right now in America and, frankly, the world. Russia is chickenfeed next to the danger they pose.

And I am including the intelligence community and Deep State in that. They are even more dangerous than China because they are owned by China while having their own fingers inside the US government.

Michael

On 7/13/2023 at 4:31 PM, Peter said:

The news: President Biden is in Finland today. Finland along with Sweden want to enroll in NATO. Ukraine will abide by NATO rules if invited to join NATO after the Russian invasion, slaughter, and subjugation is ended. Ukraine will not violate human rights.

Russia is the threat. Russia is the wolf at the door to the whole free world . . . well except here on OL which is the La La Land exception. Russia tried to take over a whole country using the initiation of force. It will try again, if and when they recover from this invasion.

I am certainly not for using American volunteers to fight Russia, and no one that I know of thinks or suggests that. No one in the whole free world, accept a couple of people here on OL, hate and despise Ukraine and seem to find every nitpicking reason to make Russia and Ukraine as equally bad for being invaded and for invading.

Being invaded. Invading. Are those equivalent? Some bad people are in one country so an invasion is "justified?" If discussing the invaders and the invaded why primarily say bad things about the invaded? How large will the graveyards in Ukraine become before this is over? 

The UN is already ramping up for a "Russian War Crimes" investigation. The amoral business people who want Russian oil are the rotten people who are enabling Russia. 

I don't think the donation of cluster bombs to Ukraine should be done nor should it be advertised. Russia has already stated they will use cluster bombs, but I thought they had already done that. Russia has certainly targeted Ukrainian civilians. I don't think a hatred of Ukraine which may embolden Russia is what Ayn Rand would promote. I don't think little or no "moral support" for Ukraine is objective or in the interest of the free world. 

I take exception, if I am one of those Ukraine haters. Why was I insisting here on getting to talks, back at the start? Because I know how things spiral out of control, and had a rough idea of where this could go, and it wasn't good for Ukraine. Or Russians. Or Europe. Or the rest of the world. I'm not discriminatory, nor collectivist, I see only individuals, and the deaths and maiming of many thousands - of any nationality/ethnicity, is a moral offense. Rather, it was the West's Russian haters in Gvt. office and brainwashing media, who - by concealing/evading the fact that Putin was evidently ready for talks prior to and in the first months -  but doing nothing  - who wanted the war to go ahead, who relished Russian casualties - for one purpose, driving Russia down. Ukraine, the means to that end. Such are the 'lovers' of Ukraine. (With friends like these...)

This, a preference for a needless, avoidable war - that could have been stopped with a phone call, and modest concessions - over peace is unbecoming to the leaders and people of free nations.

Early on, it should have been the mature, responsible West which pressured Ukraine to take care of its ethnic divide, and secure equal rights for the Russian speakers, or else.

I.E.: Kyiv was the initial,  immoral party by its illicit treatment of fellow citizens -  KYIV should have been warned, sanctioned if necessary, to get their act together, by the USA et al, LONG before Russia was.  (On the moot assumption that there had been no interference and regime change helped along by Victoria Nuland and the war hawks, and no Nato (de facto) internal involvement gearing up for an expected war, etc.).

Then, guess what? No invasion.

Except Nato pressed relentlessly ahead at the ONE country, after all the ex-Soviets had been absorbed by NATO without Russia's protest, the one that  RF presidents and rational US intellectuals warned they should not interfere in: Ukraine. Call the place Putin's paranoia. You 'go there', it can be for only one reason - against Russia's security - get ready for a certain response. Else, don't go. Now that I've heard from many politicians and sussed their delusions of grandeur and seen their reckless activities and cavalier attitude to lives,  I don't see it as his paranoia any longer. The "potential" or implicit "initiation of force" from a permanent future of heavily armed, massive Ukraine army with many Nato military bases and with Nukes on its Russian borders, would have been a constant Sword of Damocles over Russia.

(That was the plan. Reversing cause and effect: "Let Putin respond with preventive force as he certainly will, to our potential threat to Russia and overt, direct threats to the Donbas, Crimea; then we have him - and can innocently blame him for starting hostilities").

Putin is obviously a person who recognizes "implications" (that Oists ought to, too). Clear, he saw the above situation coming. No leaders would be allowed to put up with the ongoing fear and uncertainty by their populace.

A little respect for other even, (in some respect) lesser or developing, nations and their individuals.

Peter,

Just a question.

If Ukraine had invaded Russia, or... scratch that... better:

If China invades Russia, would you want the US to send tens of billions of dollars to Russia with no cap in sight, not to mention make estimates of hundreds of billions of dollars in reconstruction costs?

After all, in this case China would initiate force against Russia.

Michael

Russia initiated force in Ukraine. Period. Ukraine did not invade Russia. One source said 50,000 Russians have died . . . so far.

From Reuters. Apr 12, 2023 · Ukraine has suffered 124,500-131,000 total casualties, including 15,500-17,500 killed in action and 109,000-113,500 wounded in action . . .   

So come on . . . who’s the villain?  The invaded or the invader? I have rarely seen two, supposedly objectivist . . . Here kitty, kitty. What do you think about that new salmon cat food snookums? You turn your nose up at it? What the hell is going on in your . . .  

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

to principle...

Oh, come on. Ukraine is not China or Russia. Let me shift your joke. I think Putin is a rat, but Damn that trap stinks.

Human beings do not have to defecate every day, an expert has told CNN. Dr Folasade May, a gastroenterologist, said that “there’s really not a fixed or normal number of bowel movements” and “most people will have anywhere between a bowel movement up to three times a day to three times per week”. Dr Michael Camilleri, a consultant and professor in gastroenterology, said that “the stool form, appearance or consistency of the bowel movement is actually a much better criterion” for determining health. end quote

Is there a skill to it? Maybe if you . . . think while doing it . . . you too can. . . mold it or . . . wait. Can Toto poop like Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz somewhere over the  . . . ?

edit. Ah jeez. I apologize. That was really "piling on."  

50 minutes ago, Peter said:

Oh, come on. Ukraine is not China or Russia.

Peter, 

The current Ukrainian government is just as evil as the Russian and Chinese (CCP) governments. Smaller scale, but just as evil. Like I said, the current Ukrainian government has bombed its own peaceful citizens since it started. What country does that outside of bloody dictatorships? And that's just one item among gazillions.

(Not that the Ukrainian government before this one was any great shakes.)

I have difficulty hating what others hate when principles are not applied consistently.

Have you tried to talk to someone with Trump Derangement Syndrome?

They end up hating you if you do not hate Trump along with them.

They do not apply their principles consistently when the topic of Trump comes up.

I'm not saying this as a criticism of you. You are entitled to hate who you want.

I just can't hate in the same way.

I have to stay true to my eyes and ears and mind.

Another way to say this is that I hate Putin in a far different manner than you hate him going by your posts. I also hate Zelensky in the same manner I hate Putin--with some nuance for forms of grift and forms of executing innocents and political enemies. And there is scale.

But Nazi and Communist. Both are the same thing at root. I hate both.

Note, this will only get to white hot hate when I am personally threatened. My hatred, while real, is distant. I don't have time for it. I'm working on my writing. :) 

Michael

9 hours ago, Peter said:

Oh, come on. Ukraine is not China or Russia. Let me shift your joke. I think Putin is a rat, but Damn that trap stinks.

Human beings do not have to defecate every day, an expert has told CNN. Dr Folasade May, a gastroenterologist, said that “there’s really not a fixed or normal number of bowel movements” and “most people will have anywhere between a bowel movement up to three times a day to three times per week”. Dr Michael Camilleri, a consultant and professor in gastroenterology, said that “the stool form, appearance or consistency of the bowel movement is actually a much better criterion” for determining health. end quote

Is there a skill to it? Maybe if you . . . think while doing it . . . you too can. . . mold it or . . . wait. Can Toto poop like Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz somewhere over the  . . . ?

edit. Ah jeez. I apologize. That was really "piling on."  

Was it not you Peter who stated that a person who comments on another Country that that person is a terrorist? 

Or was that only when a Canadian loves President Trump and the US Constitution my man?