Coronavirus

Peter

Another blow to the non-objective narrative of the naysaying trolls and panicky fearmongers...

As COVID-19 cases skyrocket, hospitalizations remain low in Florida

"The Florida Hospital Association reports 2,075 people are hospitalized with COVID-19, compared to 17,121 reported on Aug. 23, when delta reached its peak."

ca887bf9-d066-4222-99e7-ca9570fba932_114
WWW.FIRSTCOASTNEWS.COM

The omicron variant is spreading fast around Florida, yet there is some optimism. Compared to the peak of delta, the number of...

• Like 1

Mass sacrifice of the innocents. For me, only an image of a child obediently allowing  a stick intrusively shoved up his nose (not to add every kid with a mask, staring fearfully at the world) is disturbing enough (yeah, follow the science, give em the jab as well). 

Didn't 'they' and we, know what the effects on this generation of children would be, the simple causality - when we made a grownup (of advanced age) problem their problem? (dogmatically follow "the science").

Afterwards, a few positive notes which this clip ends with about human resilience.

TNS_Pandemic-Policies-Child-Abuse_RT.jpg
LISTS.YOUMAKER.COM

Children have been spared the worst of the disease, but the pandemic has taken a terrible toll on ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anthony said:

Mass sacrifice of the innocents. For me, only an image of a child obediently having  a stick intrusively shoved up his nose (not to add every kid with a mask on, staring out fearfully) is most disturbing (yeah, follow the science). 

Didn't 'they' and we know what the effects on children would be, the simple causality, when we made a grownup problem their problem? (follow "the science").

After that a few positive notes to end with about mankind's resilience.

TNS_Pandemic-Policies-Child-Abuse_RT.jpg
LISTS.YOUMAKER.COM

Children have been spared the worst of the disease, but the pandemic has taken a terrible toll on ...

• Like 1

I see CNN persists in raising the panic level. The hospitals! Omicron looks to be on the way out in South Africa, after about 4 weeks since discovery. Going by a stubborn cold and sneezing I had without other symptoms, I -may- have caught it too. Half of colds in England now are due to Omicron, according to John Campbell.

From the VAMC, the trusted military/medical establishment that brought you the Tuskagee Experiment:

New Jersey reaches $53 million settlement with families of vets who died of COVID in Veterans' homes

"The state of New Jersey agreed to pay $53 million to the families of 119 senior citizens, most of whom died from COVID-19 due to questionable practices at state-maintained veterans' homes during the early stages of the pandemic.

"An official for Democrat Gov. Phil Murphy's administration told NJ.com that the families of the victims would receive an average of $445,000. However, the exact amount each family will receive is yet to be determined."

img.jpg?width=1200&coordinates=0%2C192%2
WWW.THEBLAZE.COM

The state of New Jersey agreed to pay $53 million to the families of 119 senior citizens, most of whom died from COVID-19 due to...

But never you mind that, now...you're an Objectivist™, aren't you?
"Trust the science. Ask your doctor. Get the jab."

Now they are worried about a bird flu that is sweeping the globe. It is harder to get but . . . Hello 2022. At least it doesn't seem to be from China. Should we boycott the winter Olympics in China?

And you might want to get that bottle of New Year's champagne before they run out. New Year's is Friday.    

A local hospital continuously says that the most people in their beds with the coronavirus are the unvaccinated. The vaccinated rarely affect those hospitalization numbers. I think your chances of dying from Covid are ninety percent higher if you are unvaccinated. Ask your local medical people and open your brains to the truth. Stay safe.

3IDHAKSZPYI6ZA4WKVJL55K4HQ.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The study of the omicron coronavirus variant by South Africa's largest insurer involves 211,000 cases and is the most comprehensive to date.

"More resistant to vaccines..."

"Karim said that both the quick peaking of cases and omicron’s lower severity could be due to multiple country-specific factors in South Africa, the most prominent being that more than 70 percent of South Africans have been infected by previous variants, probably giving a greater proportion of the population a more robust antibody response".

[SA's at 24% vaccinated - incidentally]

7 hours ago, Peter said:

I think your chances of dying from Covid are ninety percent higher if you are unvaccinated.

Who is "you" and "your"? Whom does this address, Peter? The aged and/or unhealthy, or, all others? We here? We know the risks, speaking for the others.  (And the dangers from this variant are much lower; as Omicron takes over as the major strain, your Delta info has become already dated).

I do not see that you recognize the stratification concept. "The targeting" of specific cohorts. So the strawman argument against imagined 'anti-vaxxers' you repeatedly have heard, applies.

Those individuals being hospitalized (and I've no clue of what entry criteria are used in most countries--anyone merely tested positive, cannot be sufficient medical grounds) with severe symptoms should have earlier, certainly got themselves vaxxed.

Nearly all will fall into the predictable "at risk" groups, and were warned by proper scientists/doctors to self-protect. But they are a minority.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Ask your local medical people and open your brains to the truth. Stay safe.

From the VAMC, the trusted military/medical establishment that brought you the Tuskagee Experiment:

New Jersey reaches $53 million settlement with families of vets who died of COVID in Veterans' homes

"The state of New Jersey agreed to pay $53 million to the families of 119 senior citizens, most of whom died from COVID-19 due to questionable practices at state-maintained veterans' homes during the early stages of the pandemic.

"An official for Democrat Gov. Phil Murphy's administration told NJ.com that the families of the victims would receive an average of $445,000. However, the exact amount each family will receive is yet to be determined."

WWW.THEBLAZE.COM

The state of New Jersey agreed to pay $53 million to the families of 119 senior citizens, most of whom died from COVID-19 due to...

But never you mind that, now...you're an Objectivist™, aren't you?
"Trust the science. Ask your doctor. Get the jab."

3 hours ago, Mark said:

I haven't watched this yet...

That's for sure.

An audio excerpt from the original was posted by William last Sunday (see here), and I posted the full video segment from Alex's show and commented on it about 28 hours ago (see here).

Both were posted right here a on this very thread, not too many posts above this one.

Michael

8 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

TG,

Look what else happened.

00-332.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

CBS has censored their own reporter and chief legal correspondent Jan Crawford blasting the media for underreporting the mental health effect of lockdowns on kids. Crawford’s comments on Sunday’s Face the...

That's too much like truth for CBS.

Gotta cancel-culture it.

:)

Michael

• Upvote 1

Wow.

I never thought I would see the day when this would happen.

First, let me throw something out there. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I used to post videos from Scott Adams all the time. He explained persuasion well. But for a few months, I have only posted or commented here and there with rare sporadicity. 

There's a reason. I was smelling bullshit, lots of bullshit, especially about the vaccines. I began to think Scott was on some kind of experiment to see if he could change public opinion or whatever. Watch any recent video of his and most of it will be nitpicking over words about COVID. His audience was even telling him they were tired of all this and stop the crap. He would normally respond by telling them they were not thinking correctly, they were hallucinating and so forth,

That kind of shit gets tedious. Not just to me.

Well, Polly just sank her teeth into Scott's bullshit-fabricator and it is not pretty.

HOW LOW WILL HE GO? VAX MESSAGING IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS

gjZqilI35av1_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

Scott Adams is a great example of how nuts people look when they try to rationalize the covid vaccine messaging. I show 7 minutes of his Dec 26 live stream and pull it apart. VISIT my website:...

Polly crucifies Scoot on his own words and concepts. And she is not doing gotcha, although gotcha lovers will love what she did. She is genuinely perplexed as to why he is doing this and even said she hopes he is pranking his audience. But she also said it looks a lot like Scott is a scumbag right now.

The reason this is important is that Scott's ideas have a lot of influence within the Trump camp. So do Polly's, although she has not been invited to meet Trump like Scott was. But tons of MAGA people follow Polly, enough for Trump insiders to know she is one of the important signals of how Trump's base is thinking and feeling.

Her dismantling of Scott's vax crap, I think, is a strong step in the direction of Trump getting a different perspective and different information than he has been getting and digesting up to now. I think the impact of this will be the same on Trump's awareness as Candace openly challenging him and Alex Jones going on his crusade. Now that Polly has opened this door, crucifying the guy who wrote Win Bigly which is based on Trumpian persuasion, others will go through it in Trump-land. They will now start going after other pro-Trump intellectuals who defend the predator state on the vax, and the predator state in general.

There will come a point when Trump is going to ask whoever is advising him in the pro-vax direction what all this noise is about. At that point he, himself, will look. And he will see the heart attacks, the phony evidence Big Pharma pushed, all of it. Right now I think he sees it, but its part of the background noise out there in the culture. I don't think he sees it as a problem just yet.

But once he starts looking on his own, that's where I expect him to change this from background noise to problem. Then he will start acting. How he solves this problem, I don't know. But, based on how he normally addresses problems, it will not be in the direction of Big Pharma. And if he gets pissed from being duped, I can see a very nice explosion in the not-to-distant future.

Back to Polly. I loved her analyses before, but now my admiration has doubled if not more. She is a Freedom Lady in the finest sense of the term. I, myself, was suffering from cognitive dissonance about Scott Adams (who, in my evaluation, still has lots of great ideas). With everything I do, I just didn't have time and energy to sort through why the cognitive dissonance. I merely smelled bullshit and backed away. Now I know why. And, what's more, I believe something concrete will come of this in the direction of the good guys.

This is how real change happens. Not by destroying the good, but by fixing it when it's off. Knowing how to fix it is the rub. One good way is to do what Polly did. Go after the ideas, not just the people at the top. And to do that, see where the ideas are coming from and go after that.

A useful metaphor is a rider on an elephant. If you want to elephant to go in a different direction, you can remove the rider and put a new one on, but there's a far better way. Simply encourage the elephant to go where you want it to. And get the rider to see why the elephant is not obeying him as a bonus. When rider and elephant are of the same mind, that's when the elephant covers ground fast.

Polly is the elephant-and-rider whisperer.

Michael

EDIT: I just fixed some nasty spelling errors and typos. Sorry. There was a time in the distant past when I knew this stuff. :) 

On 12/27/2021 at 12:20 PM, Peter said:

Those lesser smart Israelis (joke 117? avg. I.Q,) and lesser likely to believe conspiracy theories about the Coronavirus (not a joke) are considering a 4th shot as a booster. Jeez, don’t they know the shots are supposed to be worse than the Virus?

Ooh, "swing and a miss", there; not the "slam dunk" it was trying to be. (And note, this is not Alex Jones or "emotional alt-rite meedyah", but the NY Times, a supposed "legitimate" news source):

Read more here: [note: behind paywall]

23israel-virus-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Some scientists warn that too many shots might actually harm the body’s ability to fight the Covid-19 virus. But Israeli experts say there...

Here's another presentation of it, from the Seattle Times :
Israel considers 4th vaccine dose; some experts say it’s premature

JERUSALEM — I"srael is considering whether to approve a fourth COVID-19 vaccine dose for vulnerable people to contain the fast-spreading omicron variant, despite debate among scientists and a lack evidence either for or against another booster.

T"he panel of experts advising the Israeli government on the pandemic recognized that uncertainty, but on Tuesday it recommended giving a fourth dose, concluding that the potential benefits outweighed the risks. It pointed to signs of waning immunity a few months after the third shot and said that any delay in additional doses might prove too late to protect those most at risk.

"But some scientists warned that the plan could backfire, because too many shots might cause a sort of immune system fatigue, compromising the body’s ability to fight the coronavirus. A few members of the government’s advisory panel raised that concern with respect to the elderly, according to a written summary of the discussion obtained by The New York Times."

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/israel-considers-4th-vaccine-dose-some-experts-say-its-premature/

15 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

DC: "Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation from 10 days for people with COVID-19 to 5 days, if asymptomatic, followed by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others."

CDC Updates and Shortens Recommended Isolation and Quarantine Period for General Population

about-cdc-fb_pr.jpg
WWW.CDC.GOV

Press releases, advisories, telebriefings, transcripts and archives.

• Smile 1

Misinformed me was under the impression that one of the Omicron's main differences of the variance is the dozens of mutations to the expression of the spike protein. Multiple jabs with a formulation that targets the 'original' spike protein profile does not seem like a viable strategy and/or in line with old school medical ethics especially given the known and unknown risks of broadly using a leaky 'vaccine', but I'll have to check with the fringe.

10 hours ago, anthony said:

Who is "you" and "your"? Whom does this address, Peter? The aged and/or unhealthy, or, all others? We here? We know the risks, speaking for the others.

Those pronouns are meant to mean "in general" which will include less of the healthy, younger people . . . but if you check in on local hospitals they may express their medical opinion that the unvaccinated are comprising an unneeded larger percent . . . and if "those people" would just get the vaccine yadda, yadda.

It is a personal decision and shall remain that way here in America at least in a governmental way, but companies do require vax if you want to work there. If you say nay you are free to go elsewhere. I think of it like insurance too. Get it if you want an extra layer of protection from catastrophe. If it is a waste of your time forget about it.

A local hospital, "Tidal Health" just said they have 42 new, Covid hospitalizations and they are halting all visitations. Covid positivity rates are 16.5 percent of hospitalizations in Maryland. Imagine the peace of mind I have because I am fully vaxxed.       

43 minutes ago, Peter said:

Those pronouns are meant to mean "in general" which will include less of the healthy, younger people . . . but if you check in on local hospitals they may express their medical opinion that the unvaccinated are comprising an unneeded larger percent . . . and if "those people" would just get the vaccine yadda, yadda.

It is a personal decision and shall remain that way here in America at least in a governmental way, but companies do require vax if you want to work there. If you say nay you are free to go elsewhere. I think of it like insurance too. Get it if you want an extra layer of protection from catastrophe. If it is a waste of your time forget about it.

A local hospital, "Tidal Health" just said they have 42 new, Covid hospitalizations and they are halting all visitations. Covid positivity rates are 16.5 percent of hospitalizations in Maryland. Imagine the peace of mind I have because I am fully vaxxed.       

Of the 42 new hospitalizations how many are manaquins? 

Did they specify 42 humans or the breakdown of humans/manaquins?

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Well, Polly just sank her teeth into Scott's bullshit-fabricator and it is not pretty.

I hate to say it, but I now see things with Scott I didn't see before.

I just watched his latest video, which he calls the best one of all time.

His idea for Trump to win is 2024 is for Trump to admit that the current election of Biden is fully legitimate and there is no way to discover if it was illegitimate, but instead, since there was so much people complained about, we need to make sure elections from here on out are trustable and can be audited. He calls that taking the high ground.

From watching Polly blast Scott, I see where this is coming from. Scott has a view that reality doesn't exist, but perception of reality does, and everybody's perception is different. I used to think this was just hyperbole as a colorful way of talking about subjectivity. But I'm beginning to believe he really means it. In that context, his advice to Trump makes sense.

But reality does exist and Scott simply ignores it. By telling Trump to admit Biden's election is legitimate, he ignores human nature.

And lets look at just a little of human nature to show what I mean. Granted, everybody has been conned and had to take the loss. In terms of human nature, nobody likes that. Still, ya's takes yer lumps and ya' moves on.

But what if you were conned right to your face in as blatant a manner as possible--not just any con, but the biggest con in US history--and you know who did it and why, and they have rigged the system so you can't get the evidence before a judge, and on and on? How do you accept the advice to just take it and move on--and call that the high ground at that

Human nature-wise, there is a tipping point to no longer accepting the unfair. Flexibility up to a point is not the same thing as appeasement.

Rand had a name for accepting loss and moving on, too. She called it sanction of the victim.

That's what I see Scott preaching to people with that advice. If there is no reality, that's pretty good advice. People will just make a different reality the next time. But since there is reality, doing that comes with consequences that do not go away because people choose not to have any consequences.

And what are the reality consequences? Let's put it this way. Appeasing and empowering evil on that level does not make the evil go away. It does the opposite.

And that is not a high ground maneuver. That is low ground.

On the next point, Scott says Trump needs to take the high ground frame on the vaccine thing and simply tell people he didn't know what the hell he was doing, but he did his best like everybody else did their best. And since nobody knows what the hell they are talking about, the fact that he likes the vax and others do not does not really mean anything. So everybody should just move on.

There's that reality thing again. For just one example among several, a lot of people were not doing their best in the vaccine thing. They were running a scam.

Also, does Scott's advice even sound like Trump? 

In la-la land, Scott's advice might have some purchase. But in reality, like I keep saying, you cannot evaluate something correctly unless you identify it correctly. In other words, Scott keeps misidentifying things, then running persuasion game on his audience to get them to accept his evaluations.

Once again, that's a low ground maneuver. And if Trump did that, low-ground maneuver is exactly the way his main supporters would see it.

One of Trump's main qualities for his supporters is that he tells it like he sees it when dealing with controversial issues. He has his negotiation games, but he will never come out for one thing while doing the opposite. He lets you know where he stands, agree or disagree.

That is a reality Scott misses with his high ground games.

I could go on, but just these two items are enough for me to be sad. It's obvious to me that Scott is doing damage control--funny, I just posted about damage control elsewhere--I said addressing a controversial issue by itself is not damage control. Now I have a real-time example of what I was saying. What Scott is doing is a perfect example of damage control.

He is now saying things that are the opposite of what he said or implied before to get back in the good graces of his audience. And he is touting it as the best damn video of all. (And he has a bridge to sell you. :) )

I used to hold Scott in higher esteem. Scott still has a lot of useful heuristics (rules of thumb) for looking at things, but right now he is on a predator state support mission even as he says the government should get out of people's lives, or that the people actually tell the government what to do even though it doesn't seem like it at times.

That is so disappointing, so damn disappointing, but it's there.

Rather than me go on, I suggest you watch Polly's video, then Scott's and see for yourself. 

Michael

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

HOW LOW WILL HE GO? VAX MESSAGING IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS

gjZqilI35av1_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

Scott Adams is a great example of how nuts people look when they try to rationalize the covid vaccine messaging. I show 7 minutes of his...

Great analysis by Polly St. George of the nonsense coming out of “Clot Adams” (that’s what she calls him).