Coronavirus

Peter

4 hours ago, william.scherk said:

In her own words:

William,

Thank you for putting up Candace's own statement. It's in the article almost in its entirety, except the article also made fun of her view that Trump does not go onto social media for news by saying Trump dominated Twitter. (Gotcha!!!!!!!!) Obviously the people who were behind the article either did not know what she was getting at, or they knew, but were spinning the issue anyway.

Just like the guy who posted the tweet. He said Candace was in damage control.

Candace is not in damage control.

She simply said what was on her mind. Addressing a controversy is a synonym for damage control. It can be, but not always. In fact, addressing a controversial issue or giving an explanation is rarely damage control.

Notice that Candace did not say anything different than she said earlier. Damage control is when you recant what you said earlier or imply you are recanting. She is not recanting anything nor implying it.

I think a lot of people--the vocal people--believe what they want to believe about Trump and vax, not what is really going on. So they cherry pick facts and contexts to fit their own narratives, leave out the parts that they don't want to exist, then add the parts they want to be real and preach their narratives. In other words, it's mostly bullshit. 

Candace is looking and thinking. and speaking her mind as she sees it. As I believe the majority of MAGA people are in their private lives. These are the people living in reality. I also think they are sick and tired of a minority telling others what they can and cannot say no matter what the side or issue. I think they are fine with Trump speaking his mind even if they disagree with this issue or that. You can't change cancel culture with more cancel culture.

But once again, I want to emphasize that, barring an accident like death, Trump is going to get reelected in 2024 at the very least. That's my prediction. And this current issue about supporting the vax will pass like smoke in the wind. It won't even scratch the reelection outcome, much less make a dent in it.

What's more, the current stories of Orange Man Bad will be forgotten as new stories of Orange Man Bad take their place among the disaffected.

:)

btw - I realize Alex Jones is going apeshit about this and, this may surprise you, I hope he continues. But from watching Alex for years, I can almost guarantee he is not trying to get people to stop supporting Trump, but instead he is making sure the right information gets through to Trump. Alex has done this in the past.

Michael

2 hours ago, Mark said:

MSK seems to agree with Candice that Trump being an old man who maybe can’t use the Internet excuses his amazing ignorance.

Just for the record, the idea that Trump can't use the internet and exhibits amazing ignorance is neither Candace's view nor mine.

It's also bullshit.

Trolls gonna troll...

Michael

Suppose Trump knows how to use the Internet.  Suppose he can read or listen to Steve Kirsch, Meryl Nass, Peter McCullough, Tucker Carlson, Peter Breggin, Paul Craig Roberts, the website of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, the website of  Children’s Health Defense.  

Where does that leave him and his promoting the clot-shot as “one of the greatest achievements of mankind?”

3 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Yesterday's conspiracies; today's facts...

New Zealand okays euthanasia for COVID patients

Euthanasia_Medical_syringe_Credit_sfam_p
CATHOLICHERALD.CO.UK

Patients admitted to hospital with COVID-19 can die by euthanasia if doctors decide they might not survive, the New Zealand government...

"But wait! There's MORE!"

Children with learning disabilities offered 'do not resuscitate' orders during Covid pandemic

"Revelation adds to fears that controversial resuscitation orders may have been issued in a discriminatory fashion during the pandemic"

TELEMMGLPICT000266284054_trans_NvBQzQNjv
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Revelation adds to fears that controversial resuscitation orders may have been issued in a discriminatory fashion during the pandemic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

"But wait! There's MORE!"

TG,

Remember when they pilloried Sarah Palin on her remark about death panels in Obama's (then) proposed health care? And later the same people pilloried her for not aborting her child with Downs Syndrome?

Ayn Rand talked about a "death premise" some people have. She was criticized for this as an oversimplification, even in O-Land, but there was one sense where she was right.

Removing religion and reason and so on--the Objectivist frame--and just looking at what people do, I so see people with an operating death premise and those with an operating life premise in their words and deeds. This is perfectly illustrated in Sarah's story and in the last two posts you made.

The ones with the death premise do not include Sarah. Nor me. Nor you.

I don't need an ideology to see that. All I need to do is look and identify.

When I look out on the world, I am more and more using this as a starting point for filtering the people I want to be with.

When people think killing innocents is their right, I always see a lot of bad growing around them. 

Michael

32 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Remember when they pilloried Sarah Palin on her remark about death panels in Obama's (then) proposed health care? And later the same people pilloried her for not aborting her child with Downs Syndrome?

Pepperidge Farm remembers...

• Smile 1

13 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Alex Jones performed a Christmas Day message about Trump and Candace Owens, ignorance and evil ...

Audio by Deluxe:

The world of Infowars performativity.

William,

Here is the video from whence that came.

gGU96q95VBL9_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

Alex Jones examines why Trump is all in and tripling down these COVID-19 experimental gene therapies. ResetWars.com is 25% off until Christmas give the gift of "going to the next level" to yourself, or your...

Note that between the hyperbole, Alex keeps telling Trump he has time to change course--it's running out but he still has time.

I wrote earlier:

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I realize Alex Jones is going apeshit about this and, this may surprise you, I hope he continues. But from watching Alex for years, I can almost guarantee he is not trying to get people to stop supporting Trump, but instead he is making sure the right information gets through to Trump. Alex has done this in the past.

That's how he does it.

He even tells you that's what he's doing if you watch him enough.

There is enough of a backlash against the evil the predator class perpetrated with the vax that I am pretty sure this will work out for the best in the end. And for those who want to blame Trump for the bullshit happening under Biden, I just say fuck 'em. 

The real regret I have with Trump is that he did not pardon Snowden and Assange. And even then, Styx said something I found persuasive. He said he believes Trump is going to pardon them in his second term because there are simply too many on the conservative side who want them tried for treason. If he pardoned them in the first term, that would become a campaign issue for the second.

Makes sense to me. One cannot exercise power--especially in complicated issues--if one does not get power in the first place.

That's a reality that bugs the crap out of people who want reality to be like their ideology, but reality doesn't care. It keeps on being reality.

As Rand constantly said: "Nature to be commanded must be obeyed."

That includes the nature of power.

Michael

3 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Pepperidge Farm remembers...

TG,

I only vaguely knew what this was about. This time I looked it up. I believe lots of readers are like me so I decided to put an explanation here.

The following article explains just about everything one needs to know about Pepperidge Farm remembers: Meme History — “Pepperidge Farm Remembers”.

Now I know and so do any readers who just learned.

I got so excited I even went to an online meme generator and generated one.

image.png

I can't stand it. We are all so cool...

Michael

EDIT: I should mention that by racism, I'm not talking about the media narrative of oppressive white people. For this meme, I have in mind the more modern forms of racism like Critical Race Theory and so on. After all, Pepperidge Farm remembers... :)  

• Smile 1

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

There is enough of a backlash against the evil the predator class perpetrated with the vax that I am pretty sure this will work out for the best in the end.

Those lesser smart Israelis (joke 117? avg. I.Q,) and lesser likely to believe conspiracy theories about the Coronavirus (not a joke) are considering a 4th shot as a booster. Jeez, don’t they know the shots are supposed to be worse than the Virus? All you Objectivists, listen to Alex Jones and his ilk! Your doctor, the AMA, JAMA, the CDC, etc. it's all part of the conspiracy! Big Pharma wants to be paid for their work and products. How evil and capitalistic is that?! 

I saw on the news that China is “locking down” a “surging” city where the Olympics will be held in February, and they are also doing door to door testing. Only one family member can go out for “supplies.”

Yesterday I saw where some anti vax blogger got the coronavirus and died, and it was from the virus and not the shot. What bothers me about people who espouse less than scientific or medical advice, is they have harmed people by their stance.

Lines from ‘The X-Files.” “God is speaking, but that no one’s listening.” “Trust no one.”  “I want to believe.” “I don’t want any substitutes for reality, and if I must look foolish at times in this world because I am slow or unwilling to accept mainstream narratives, so be it.” “If we give to God what is God’s, there will be nothing left for Caesar.” “The truth is out there.”

I just can't resist.

So OK.

Let's listen to our doctors.

image.pngPeter,

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

That should be enough. But there are plenty of other products where this kind of thing happened--diet aids, fitness products, sleeping aids, beauty aids, cleaning products, etc., or medicine-wise, Thalidomide, Quaaludes, Cylert, Vioxx, sundry opiods as pain-killers, certain kinds of talcum powder, etc.--all doctor endorsed. And that's just scratching the surface. 

Also, let's add this.

Words of wisdom attributed to George Santayana:

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Peter said:

Big Pharma wants to be paid for their work and products. How evil and capitalistic is that?! 

Peter,

When payment is at the point of a gun, that is not capitalism.

Taxes pay Big Pharma for the vax, negotiated in backroom deals, not people who choose to buy and pay for this.

When people choose to trade, that's capitalism. When guns are used to force people to buy and pay, that's extortion.

If people want to buy a vax, I'm fine with it.

But that's now what is going on.

Michael

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Peter said:

Yesterday I saw where some anti vax blogger got the coronavirus and died, and it was from the virus and not the shot.

Peter,

And there are plenty of cases like this, too.

IMG_8597-1.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Carlos Tejada 49-year-old Carlos Tejada, a New York Times Deputy Asia Editor, died of a heart attack last week mere hours after getting a Covid booster shot. Mr. Tejada received a Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine...

and

71110459-D4F2-47C4-AD3C-52C5ABC7A455-sca
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Four young international soccer stars died this week after suffering a sudden heart attack. Croatian footballer Marin Cacic, Oman international player Mukhaled Al-Raqadi, Egyptian goalkeeper Ahmed...

And there are so many more I can furnish.

The point I'm trying to make is is not pro or anti vax. It's that using arguments like this don't cancel each other out.

It's the wrong standard.

Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

When payment is at the point of a gun, that is not capitalism.

Taxes pay Big Pharma for the vax, negotiated in backroom deals, not people who choose to buy and pay for this.

When people choose to trade, that's capitalism. When guns are used to force people to buy and pay, that's extortion.

If people want to buy a vax, I'm fine with it.

But that's now what is going on.

Michael

Tort law ? That's part of capitalism too right? or is that Capitolism now ?

25 minutes ago, tmj said:

Once you go vaxxed, you can never go back.

I once saw an old ad where future President Ronald Reagan was pushing cigarettes. Hey y’all, I ain’t tryin’ to be mean but you might be a redneck if you believe conspiracy theories and won’t listen to your doctor. Once again, there are stories about overfilled hospitals contributing to the death of people with “IT.”

Some real Jeff Foxworthy jokes. You might just be a redneck if . . . You own a homemade fur coat. You ever got too drunk to fish. You’ve ever stolen toilet paper. Fewer than half of your cars run. Your brother-in-law is your uncle. You own at least 20 baseball hats. You pick your teeth from a catalog. Your Junior/Senior Prom had a Daycare. Your family’s No. 1 enemy is revenuers. You ever lost a tooth opening a beer bottle. Your dog can’t watch you eat without gagging. The main course at potluck dinners is roadkill. Your CB antenna is a danger to low-flying planes. You think a subdivision is part of a math problem.

edit. Just one more, fake Jeff Foxworthy joke? Don’t contribute to the death of a moron.

15 minutes ago, Peter said:

Hey y’all, I ain’t tryin’ to be mean but you might be a redneck if you believe conspiracy theories and won’t listen to your doctor.

No, he's  just being an evasive troll  with his head in the sand while spouting ad hominem strawman arguments.
Don't feed the trolls.

"President Joe Biden campaigned for months that a robust federal response could vanquish the COVID-19 pandemic but then Delta and omicron variants proved him wrong.

"President Joe Biden campaigned for months that a robust federal response could vanquish the COVID-19 pandemic, but he reversed course Monday by telling the nation's governors that states are likely to be more successfully tailoring solutions for their citizens."

Read more:

GettyImages-1356985043.jpg?h=73dbaf3c&it
JUSTTHENEWS.COM

President Joe Biden campaigned for months that a robust federal response could vanquish the COVID-19 pandemic but then Delta and...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

http

"President Joe Biden campaigned for months that a robust federal response could vanquish the COVID-19 pandemic but then Delta and omicron variants proved him wrong.

"President Joe Biden campaigned for months that a robust federal response could vanquish the COVID-19 pandemic, but he reversed course Monday by telling the nation's governors that states are likely to be more successfully tailoring solutions for their citizens."

Read more:

GettyImages-1356985043.jpg?h=73dbaf3c&it
JUSTTHENEWS.COM

President Joe Biden campaigned for months that a robust federal response could vanquish the COVID-19 pandemic but then Delta and...

Basically, this:

and

• Like 1

DC: "Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation from 10 days for people with COVID-19 to 5 days, if asymptomatic, followed by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others."

CDC Updates and Shortens Recommended Isolation and Quarantine Period for General Population

about-cdc-fb_pr.jpg
WWW.CDC.GOV

Press releases, advisories, telebriefings, transcripts and archives.

• Like 1