Coronavirus

Peter

5 hours ago, Peter said:

I would advise my granddaughter to wait until more information is available and my wife agrees. My wife got her third Moderna shot and for a day and a half has not felt well. 

I hope that your wife feels better soon.

How old is your granddaughter?

I'm glad that you'd advise her to wait.  From something you said Sunday, I thought that she’d already been "jabbed."

Well for me I am protected after getting three Covid shots, so Covid is no longer a threat to me. The people I love are vaccinated so Covid is no longer a threat to them.

Ellen

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 12:40 AM, Mark said:

The only positive thing I can say about this excerpt is that, without saying so explicitly, it takes for granted that forcing people to take the vaccine, and the safety and efficacy of the vaccine, are two separate issues.  Even if the vaccine were safe and effective (I would say, Brook would say they are), it would not justify forcing people to take it.  And at least he didn’t recommend the vaccine for the young. (On the other hand he didn’t explicitly discourage it.)

In other words, Yaron is being unusually coy (unlike with all his other pronouncements). He's being "tacit", barely stressing the commitment to free will, individual choice and individual rights. Anyone knows as he does, that taking a strong stance for freedom here and now is hugely unpopular with the noisy majority, gets one labeled an "anti-vaxxer". Not as if popularity ever counts over honesty/integrity.

This recent overall silence (or fence-sitting) from ARI scholars is a poor advert for the direct applicability of O'ist principles and values to unfolding events, and making sense of them so to guide one's decisions - such as this thread has shown up well. No hard digging (or even hard thought) needed by them, one may open Rand's books at any place and find propositions galore to apply to current events. The scholars have studied them greatly more than me. E.g. here's one passage randomly chanced upon:

"When "the common good" of a society is regarded as something apart from and superior to the individual good of its members, it means that the good of *some* men takes precedence over the good of others, with those consigned to the status of sacrificial animals. It is tacitly assumed, in such cases, that "the common good" means "the good of the *majority*" as against the minority or the individual. Observe the significant fact that that assumption is *tacit*; even the most collectivized mentalities seem to sense the impossibility of justifying it morally". Etc. [What is Capitalism, CUI]

(The most regular retort aimed at 'anti-vaxxers" on social media: Yes, you might have your rights but the rights of the society/the country/the community are much bigger than yours).

16 hours ago, Peter said:

I would advise my granddaughter to wait until more information is available and my wife agrees. My wife got her third Moderna shot and for a day and a half has not felt well. 

Peter,

I have nothing but well-wishes for you and your family.

The Chinese saying is, "May you live in interesting times."

Well, here we are. And sifting through all the bullshit (on all sides) is a real pain in the ass.

:)

Michael

I’m repeating this post to add some additional information.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:52 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

I haven’t words to express my anger and disgust.

IMG_6892.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

The FDA’s panel of independent vaccine advisors on Tuesday voted 17-0 to recommend Pfizer’s Covid vaccine for children ages 5 to 11. An advisory panel with the CDC is expected to approve the vaccine after...

“We’re never gonna learn about how safe the vaccine is until we start giving it,” one of the FDA’s voting members said on Tuesday.

Apparently, the voting member who's quoted is Dr. Eric Rubin, the Editor-in-Chief of the New England Journal of Medicine.

Here's more of the quote (presuming the transcribing is accurate):

Dr. Eric Rubin: “We’re never going to learn about how safe the vaccine is unless we start giving it, and that’s just the way it goes. That’s how we found out about rare complications of other vaccines.”

dr-rubin-vaccine-children.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

This was buried 6 Hours into the FDA Video on giving children 5-11 the experimental COVID vaccine. Doctor Eric Rubin MD. makes a chilling admission on the Child COVID vaccine. Dr. Eric Rubin: “We’re never...

Ellen

This is how you do it.

Nothing succeeds like success.

Except when the current ruling class is in power.

Screenshot_20211027-170321_Twitter.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Florida has officially become the nation’s leader in getting the Covid-19 crisis under control – and the best part of it all, they validated their strategy of ignoring the ‘expert advice’ of the tyrannical public health...

Michael

22 hours ago, Peter said:

Peter hasn’t signed in since he posted that.  I’m worried about his wife, I hope mistakenly.

Ellen

I’ve read about legal cases where common sense trumped contract.  A person entered into a contract that was patently ridiculous and the courts voided the contract.

(The cases that I remember reading about in the newspaper or history books involved selling rights to something at a ridiculously underestimated value.)

Surely the tacit or written consent of the vaxxed to hold Pfizer free of responsibility for injury, when Pfizer has lied so much about testing and safety and efficacy, qualifies as ridiculous.

Pfizer etc. has made tens of billions of dollars from this poison.  (Off the government – one cannot sell a EUA drug privately.)  Pfizer etc. should be forced to disgorge those billions to their victims.  

The situation is insane now but hopefully sanity will return.

I really, really, like Dr. Meryl Nass.  Here is her letter to the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, before their decision about child vaccination:

Do children aged five through eleven need to be vaccinated for COVID?

54 minutes ago, Mark said:

I really, really, like Dr. Meryl Nass.  Here is her letter to the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, before their decision about child vaccination:

"Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee"

Is that a standing FDA committee name or the ad hoc name of the particular committee convened to examine the issue of child "jabs" for Covid?

I wonder because if it's ad hoc, then it looks like a fudge to avoid using precisely the term "vaccine" for the mRNA mechanism.

Ellen

Ellen,

This document on the FDA’s website seems to say VRBPAC was chartered in December 2019:

Charter of the Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee

But also on the FDA’s website there is a reference to VRBPAC dated April 26, 2019:

Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee

In the little time I spent looking I didn’t find anything dated before that.

Mark

2 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Peter hasn’t signed in since he posted that.  I’m worried about his wife, I hope mistakenly.

Better now. But a day and a half after getting the Moderna shot she was not so well. My grand daughter is eleven and I think she should wait a while for "the shot."   

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

7 hours ago, Peter said:

Better now. But a day and a half after getting the Moderna shot she was not so well. My grand daughter is eleven and I think she should wait a while for "the shot."   

Welcome back Peter! 

Good news re the wife.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Peter said:

I'm glad that your wife is better, and that you think that your granddaughter "should wait a while."  I recommend her waiting perpetually, i.e., never getting "the shot."  And I hope that your wife will have learned not to try her luck again if (probably when) future boosters are pushed by the CDC.

Ellen

I noted above this quote from the FDA panel's deliberations:

Dr. Eric Rubin: “We’re never going to learn about how safe the vaccine is unless we start giving it, and that’s just the way it goes. That’s how we found out about rare complications of other vaccines.”

Reprising an announcement I made on October 7, 2020:

On 10/7/2020 at 8:46 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

The editors of the New England Journal of Medicine have published an editorial condemning the Trump administration's handling of the Covid epidemic:

Dying in a Leadership Vacuum

The editorial started:

Covid-19 has created a crisis throughout the world. This crisis has produced a test of leadership. With no good options to combat a novel pathogen, countries were forced to make hard choices about how to respond. Here in the United States, our leaders have failed that test. They have taken a crisis and turned it into a tragedy.

The magnitude of this failure is astonishing.

It concluded:

Anyone else who recklessly squandered lives and money in this way would be suffering legal consequences. Our leaders have largely claimed immunity for their actions. But this election gives us the power to render judgment. Reasonable people will certainly disagree about the many political positions taken by candidates. But truth is neither liberal nor conservative. When it comes to the response to the largest public health crisis of our time, our current political leaders have demonstrated that they are dangerously incompetent. We should not abet them and enable the deaths of thousands more Americans by allowing them to keep their jobs.

On a linked page called the "Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest" - see - the author is named as Lindsey Baden

The "Corresponding Author" (not sure what that means) is named as Eric Rubin.

1. Given Name (First Name) Lindsey

2. Surname (Last Name) Baden

3. Date 29-September-2020

4. Corresponding Author’s Name

Eric Rubin

5. Manuscript Title
Dying in a Leadership Vacuum

6. Manuscript Identifying Number (if you know it) 20-29812

Ellen

Rand Paul certainly has a point. Peter

Peter, I’ve been saying it for months now: Fauci funded the gain of function research that led to the pandemic. He’s denied it time and time again, but now, even his own people are admitting it’s the truth! The NIH said so - plain and simple. The truth is Fauci has been lying straight to our faces.

He came to the Senate and told us that the NIH absolutely did not fund gain of function research. He refused to retract his lies when I gave him the chance.  And we all know why… Dr. Fauci believed that he was invisible. He believed the strong bureaucracy and his corrupt allies in Congress would defend him till the end. But we fought hard. And the truth is coming out. Even the bureaucracy is turning on him.

Now is our chance to finally send Fauci job hunting after his repeated lying to Congress, constant misleading of the public, and for his well-documented role in providing funds to the Wuhan Lab in China so they can create bioweapons like COVID-19. Will you join my fight by signing my petition to FIRE FAUCI?: https://secure.winred.com/randpaul/action-193121/

2 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

The "Corresponding Author" (not sure what that means) is named as Eric Rubin.

I had long thought "corresponding author" was the person to whom requests for pre-prints or reprints should be addressed. But that is not exactly the case -- although a polite request for a re-print is almost always granted. 

From the folks at major publisher Elsevier:  What is a Corresponding Author? 

Corresponding author meaning:

The corresponding author is the one individual who takes primary responsibility for communication with the journal during the manuscript submission, peer review, and publication process. Normally, he or she also ensures that all the journal’s administrative requirements, such as providing details of authorship, ethics committee approval, clinical trial registration documentation, and gathering conflict of interest forms and statements, are properly completed, although these duties may be delegated to one or more co-authors.

Generally, corresponding authors are senior researchers or group leaders with some – or a lot of experience – in the submission and publishing process of scientific research. They are someone who has not only contributed to the paper significantly but also has the ability to ensure that it goes through the publication process smoothly and successfully.

What is a corresponding author supposed to do?

A corresponding author is responsible for several critical aspects at each stage of a study’s dissemination – before and after publication.

If you are a corresponding author for the first time, take a look at these 6 simple tips that will help you succeed in this important task:

• Ensure that major deadlines are met
  • Prepare a submission-ready manuscript
  • Put together a submission package
  • Get all author details correct
  • Ensureethical practicesare followed
  • Take the lead on open access

In short, the corresponding author is the one responsible for bringing research (and researchers) to the eyes of the public. To be successful, and because the researchers’ reputation is also at stake, corresponding authors always need to remember that a fine quality text is the first step to impress a team of peers or even a more refined audience. Elsevier’s team of language and translation professionals is always ready to perform text editing services that will provide the best possible material to go forward with a submission or/and a publication process confidently.

Bundling this with a video "debate" moderated by Steve Kirsch, recorded yesterday. On the 'Kirsch side' (yes, the 'moderator' takes a side) a number of interested parties and researchers, on the other a fellow named Yuri Deigin ... 

Yuri Deigin is a founding member of DRASTIC, a group that has done yeoman's work establishing the plausibility of a Wuhan lab-leak scenario:  

image-8-1.png?w=640
DRASTICRESEARCH.ORG

D.R.A.S.T.I.C. (Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating COVID-19)  The Origin of SARS-CoV-2 is a Riddle: Meet the Twitter Detectives Who Aim To Solve It Read More Twitter Billy...

-- it looks like there has been a touch of schism within the original group:

Edited by william.scherk
Added Deigin tweet touting Drasticscience.com

By Ann Bauer:
I Have Been Through This Before

She makes an analogy:
... Covid ... is to ... Covid propaganda
as
... Autism ... is to ... Bettelheim’s Orthogenic School

About Covid propaganda:

“History will out. Ten or 15 or 25 years from now there will a reckoning, deep research, a spate of biographies and memoirs from the people who spent 2020-21 under the sway of gurus. News media that trumpeted their wisdom and methods will issue brisk, researched, documentary-style reports. People will swarm out of the shadows to claim they didn’t really believe the experts embodied science and were secretly resisting all along; even those who preached their gospel and strong-armed the public’s obedience will insist they actually did not.”

About Bettelheim’s Orthogenic School:

“I don’t know what I thought I’d find there. Maybe I was looking for the answer to how terribly and repeatedly we as people can get our responses to nature so wrong. The courtyard was empty, brilliantly sunny. The brick buildings were old and graceful, like hallowed monuments to science. I had to remind myself there were decades of abuse, psychological terror, and forced separation from parents within the walls of this place. And for all those years, staff watched and participated without a single one of them speaking out.”

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Excerpt pertaining to Bruno Bettelheim and his "refrigerator mother" theory of autism:

=== Start Quote

The refrigerator-mother theory of autism became gospel, not just among psychiatrists but in the zeitgeist. It made sense and was easy to grasp. Better, it turned a mysterious and heartbreaking condition into a simple problem of who was to blame. People rallied behind the idea that cold mothers caused autism because it gave them comfort. Mothers whose children developed normally knew it was because they were “good.” Fathers and other relatives of autistic children were off the hook.

Even desperate “bad” mothers embraced the idea, believing that if they could fix themselves their children would be cured. Finally, an answer: They needed to sign up for intense psychotherapy and send their autistic children to live with other families or in residential programs. Some mothers were advised to re-home their healthy children as well, lest their “refrigerator” qualities leak over and spoil another young mind. Many complied.

Occasionally families would reject the diagnosis and their children would be taken by force. Reports were made, psychiatric teams mobilized. They showed up at the homes of autistic children, packed their bags and removed them, while guards held off the screaming, protesting mothers who’d been deemed unsuitable. Bettelheim called this process “parentectomy,” a sad but necessary practice that would help autistic kids be cured. Many were taken to the Orthogenic School he ran, where they stayed for up to a dozen years.

It wasn’t until 1990—after Bettelheim’s death by suicide at 86—that residents and staff from the school began talking about his rages, name calling, constant lying, and abuse.

=== End Quote

Bettelheim was much-respected when I was a psych major at Northwestern in the early 1960s.  I have at least one of his books in my collection of assigned or recommended works from those years.  (I can’t remember the title off-hand and don’t want to go searching just now.)

Ellen

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Further quotes.

=== Start

On a dazzling Friday morning in November 2016, Andrew was found dead on the floor of his living room. […]

My son was 28 years old when he died. An autopsy was performed but no official cause of death was found. […]

The time between late 2016 and 2019 is mostly lost to me. Grief, it turns out, doesn’t feel like sadness. It’s more like terror, being chased through oily blackness. My husband, younger son and I isolated. We drank. We drove, looking for Andrew. He’d loved mountains: South Dakota, Colorado, Oregon. We swore we felt him in the trees.

We’d started to function again, slowly, by late ’19. In January ’20 we traveled to Bellevue, Washington, for a conference where John was speaking. I fell ill soon after with a fever and breathless cough I couldn’t shake for six weeks. This friend of ours—a corporate lawyer with business in China—raised an eyebrow and told us a pandemic was coming. All around there was tension, something uncontrolled and wicked in the air.

John is an internet security expert with a background in mathematics. He’ll often talk about the “shape” of a problem. This is its outline, its gestalt. He envisions it like dots on a chart, or waves on a graph. I see holographic images—the shape of an ambitious refugee, white coats and flimflam men, glimmering under the figures we see today. In March, April, May, familiar shapes began to emerge.

Suddenly there emerged a cadre of pandemic experts who recommended—then quickly required—extreme and unprecedented things.

=== End Quote

Ellen

1 hour ago, Dglgmut said:

Michael,

Do you have any different information than the mainstream narrative about what happened/is happening in Brazil?

D,

A shitload of money from Soros, Big Pharma, CCP, Deep State, some Islamic groups and God knows what all are there right now.

They are trying to do to Bolsonaro what they did to Trump. I'm not so sure they will pull it off, though.

Here are two headlines from today's press here in the USA. Two different topics, but one is right in the middle of the spin and the other is near the end. You can decide which is which. :) 

WWW.MSN.COM

A Brazilian commission investigating the government's handling of the Covid-19 pandemic has called for criminal charges against President Jair Bolsonaro.

and this:

Electoral Court Clears Bolsonaro, Judge Warns of Fake News Crackdown in 2022 Vote

It even smells like the news during Trump's first term, doesn't it?

No one can predict the future for sure, but from what I have seen, the entire world is going to think Bolsonaro's goose is cooked and he is going to end up like Andrew Cuomo. Then everything will be fine for him.

All we can do is wait and see. I don't want to underestimate the bad guys, but I think they've shot their wad and are now running low on ammo.

Michael

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... end up like Andrew Cuomo...

This is what I mean.

Andrew-Cuomo-ess.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Thursday was charged with forcible touching. Cuomo is expected to be arrested next week according to the New York Post. Cuomo resigned in disgrace on...

He was removed as governor and will likely go to jail for one thing (meetoo), but the real issue is all the old people he killed due to his Coronovirus policies.

Michael

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 4:44 PM, Brant Gaede said:

"Tacit." That's about as far from Ayn Rand as you can get and still claim any fundamental commonality.

--Brant

"Tacit", here,  amounts to evasion, right you are. They at ARI have the principled responses on forced vaccinations and are withholding them (for fear of being seen to lend "sanction" to the conservatives, I am positive).

Sometimes William's snooping produces a bonanza.

11 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Yuri Deigin is a founding member of DRASTIC, a group that has done yeoman's work establishing the plausibility of a Wuhan lab-leak scenario:  

image-8-1.png?w=640
DRASTICRESEARCH.ORG

D.R.A.S.T.I.C. (Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating COVID-19)  The Origin of SARS-CoV-2 is a Riddle: Meet the Twitter Detectives Who Aim To Solve It Read More Twitter Billy...

-- it looks like there has been a touch of schism within the original group:

PSA: Following an unauthorized appropriation of the group email account and website admin rights by a single member, the original DRASTIC founding members have launched a new website: http://DrasticScience.com The previous email and website no longer represent DRASTIC.

Poking around at the DRASTICRESEARCH.ORG link, I found a list of

Latest Papers authored/co-authored by D.R.A.S.T.I.C. Members

The title of one of them intrigued me:

Understanding Covid-19 and Seasonal Influenza as Quasispecies Mutant Swarms Reveals the Quantum Origins and Cryptic Fates of Human Pandemics

Here's an excerpt from the introductory section.  UNC is the University of North Carolina. 

SPOILER ALERT: SARS-CoV-2 is a circulating vaccine-derived-coronavirus (cVDCV) borne from work originally done at UNC, the only institution on earth that’s been attempting to design a live-attenuated vaccine for SARS, where they also pioneered engineering the sort of SARS-like chimeric coronaviruses that would be needed as templates for attenuation, and did their best to ignore or circumvent restrictions on gain-of-function research – obfuscation that’s still ongoing as they refuse to disclose genomic details relating to lab accidents that occurred during the above publicly-funded research. 

Notorious researchers from the Wuhan Institute of Virology were associated with this controversial work on coronaviruses, and attempted to continue it into an experimental oral live-attenuated SARS-like vaccination program for the Chinese Military without accounting for the quantum nature of the math underlying quasispecies behavior – once they realized what was going on and deattenuation was already occurring out-of-control after the Wuhan Military Games, they reopened contact with Dr. Charles Lieber due to his work on virus-distinguishing nanowires, eventually leading to his arrest and the beginning of the largest and most coordinated cover-up in world history since both the pharmaceutical and defense entities involved in this research have a vested interest in attention being pulled away from serial passage and experimental vaccine work, as do the billionaire class that wants to use gain-of-function research for unrestricted tinkering into the human genome.  

Tale as old as time, death as old as rhyme: When the rich play God, it’s the poor who die.

Ellen

On 10/26/2021 at 6:19 PM, Dglgmut said:

I'd heard that vaccine deaths are being erased because if you die within 14 days of getting the 2nd dose, you are considered unvaccinated... If that is the reason that Taiwan is recording more deaths, then, wow...

If, if if.

On the other hand ...