In my understanding, this whole shutdown of Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp revolves around some people in power at Facebook (and outside of it) not wanting to go to jail or maybe be assassinated.

Either that, or it's one hell of a takedown by some hackers. But my spidey-sense tells me it's the first.

Michael

One more, re Facebook...From PJ Media, which has the most in-depth explanation I've seen, so far, of the tech issues...(and includes a mention about the stock price drastically falling)

"Krebs wrote on his website, Krebs on Security, “We don’t yet know why this happened, but the how is clear: Earlier this morning, something inside Facebook caused the company to revoke key digital records that tell computers and other Internet-enabled devices how to find these destinations online.

"Doug Madory is director of internet analysis at Kentik, a San Francisco-based network monitoring company. Madory said at approximately 11:39 a.m. ET today (15:39 UTC), someone at Facebook caused an update to be made to the company’s Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) records. BGP is a mechanism by which Internet service providers of the world share information about which providers are responsible for routing Internet traffic to which specific groups of Internet addresses."

"In simpler terms, sometime this morning Facebook took away the map telling the world’s computers how to find its various online properties. As a result, when one types Facebook.com into a web browser, the browser has no idea where to find Facebook.com, and so returns an error page."

57c1acf1-4a76-4e15-8159-58f563823495-120
PJMEDIA.COM

As of publishing time, Facebook has been down for several hours, along with WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, and Oculus VR. But that’s just...

Couple more quotes of notes from the above:

"To make matters worse, Facebook employees are not able to communicate with one another because the company’s email and other tools are managed in-house using the same domain.

"Krebs said the changes 'had to have come from inside the company,' although it’s not known if this was done maliciously or by accident.

"Adding insult to injury, several domain registration companies are showing the Facebook.com domain as for sale."

On 9/4/2021 at 12:44 PM, Peter said:

But the mainland unlikely has any intention to pursue reunification by force anytime soon. One reason is that the domestic political risks are high if the use of force is not successful. Victory is not yet a forgone conclusion — having prepared for conflict with the mainland for decades, Taiwan has toughened its ability to defend itself.

In just several days China has flown hundreds of missions into Taiwan’s airspace. Is there anything we are doing? Well we do have the Seventh Fleet in the area, and planes in Japan, South Korea and Hawaii. We could halt all imports from China.

From Wikipedia: In the early 1960s, Taiwan entered a period of rapid economic growth and industrialization called the "Taiwan Miracle". In the late 1980s and early 1990s, the ROC transitioned from a one-party military dictatorship to a multi-party democracy with a semi-presidential system. Taiwan's export-oriented industrial economy is the 21st-largest in the world by nominal GDP, and 20th-largest by PPP measures, with major contributions from steel, machinery, electronics and chemicals manufacturing. Taiwan is a developed country, ranking 15th in GDP per capita. It is ranked highly in terms of political and civil liberties, educationhealth care[ and human development.

From US gov. U.S. goods imports from Taiwan totaled $54.3 billion in 2019, up 18.6% ($8.5 billion) from 2018, and up 91.3% from 2009. U.S. imports from Taiwan accounted for 2.2% of overall U.S. imports in 2019.

U.S. goods imports from China account for 18.1% of overall U.S. goods imports in 2019. The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: electrical machinery ($125 billion); machinery ($92 billion); furniture and bedding ($27 billion); toys and sports equipment ($25 billion); and plastics ($18 billion).

Biden administration late on Sunday evening . . . . "The United States is very concerned by the People's Republic of China's provocative military activity near Taiwan, which is destabilizing, risks miscalculations, and undermines regional peace and stability," the U.S. State Department said in a statement. "We urge Beijing to cease its military, diplomatic, and economic pressure and coercion against Taiwan."

7 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

I don't know where to put this one, but seems as good a place as any...

TG,

This is going to be fun because it's a guaranteed loss for AG.

Garland will damage a few victims, but this policy is going to go down in flames.

Expect demonstrations, civil disobedience and lawsuits galore.

:) 

Michael

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

This is going to be fun because it's a guaranteed loss for AG.

Garland will damage a few victims, but this policy is going to go down in flames.

Expect demonstrations, civil disobedience and lawsuits galore.

Michael

On 10/4/2021 at 8:51 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Look at this shit.

stuart-scheller.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Well this didn’t make any headlines. Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller insulted Trump and told his family to “stop tweeting about me” before his...

Basically, on Sept. 25, before he was arrested, Lt. Col. Sheller made a long Facebook post that included the following paragraph.

To me, this stinks. And not because he criticizes Trump, which is his right.

The stink comes here. Up to this point, as far as I know, Scheller was not railing against Trump. And right before his arrest, he says this?

I remember when he made his famous video. Soon after, under prodding from people asking him about his pension and benefits, etc., he stated that he was not afraid of losing his retirement because he had some things in the works where he would come out better. 

So the current story where he bashes Trump is not coherent. It's missing some fundamental backstage things.

The next day he wrote this:

Riiiiight...

In the first post above, Shelling wrote: "I hate how you divided the country."

In the second post above, he wrote: "No, President Trump didn’t divide the country."

Does anyone doubt he has been subjected to threats with teeth in them from the Deep State? He sounds like he's trying to navigate some nasty stormy waters without losing his soul. In my opinion, that sounds like the best explanation for all the confusion.

At any rate, he made one hell of a nice Facebook post about how fucked up the American government is right now, This post was between the first and second above. In fact, it also went up before he was arrested since it went up 3 minutes later than the first. Because I believe Facebook will soon be messing around with these posts, I am giving the full texts of all three below. That way you can read them and come to your own conclusions--that is, before the propaganda machines set the narrative.

Also, his first post is much longer than I have seen in the news. He not only bashed Trump, he bashed the hell out of a lot of people including other presidents. Yet he praised George H. W. Bush to the skies as a genius. (Hmmmmm... :) )

He also seems to have a bug up his ass about nobody from older generations being able to understand his generation. It's weird, too. When he talks about that, he almost sounds like a teenager.

One last point before getting to the post texts. MAGA supporters raised $2.4 million for him since he was arrested, that is, after he made this rambling posts. (See here--that link also has some backlash.) His posts were not in the news when he was arrested so I doubt that much money would have come in for him had they been. But knowing MAGA people, some money would have come in.

Now let's see if he--in the role of Mr. Integrity--will give the money back or at least a cool couple of million. Anyone want to take a bet on how that will pan out? :) 

Here the posts are in order. Only the words of  Scheller  are quoted (and a graphic he included in the first post).

Facebook post on September 25th at 4:07 PM:

Facebook post on September 25th at 4:10 PM:

Facebook post on September 26th at 3:27 PM:

Now watch how this story unfolds over time and see if the narrative has any correspondence with these posts of Scheller in their full context.

To end on a happy note, if Scheller goes into politics (which I think is a strong possibility), despite his high praise of George H. W. Bush, I have little doubt he and Trump will align. He doesn't sound like a hardcore neocon, but maybe I'm wrong. Also, how many people have bashed the hell out of Trump in public--long and hard--only to become allies later?

Michael

Michael wrote: "Now watch how this story unfolds over time and see if the narrative has any correspondence with these posts of Scheller in their full context."

One day later...
Marine Who Was Jailed for Speaking Out on Afghanistan to Be Released

Marine.jpg
RESISTTHEMAINSTREAM.ORG

Here's the latest update.

I am worried about the direction “the world’ is taking without President Trump at the helm. If Biden’s agenda is passed America will be in a pit. I truly did not see how close we are to the fan blades.

Israel is eying Iran’s nuclear capabilities with determination and dread. China is returning to a Mao offshoot and is threatening Taiwan. Will we be seeing more of the same with over two years of this Biden – complicit, crap?  

I think I should expand on the three crises I mentioned:  America’s economy in peril, China at war with Taiwan, and Israel at war with Iran.

If Biden gets his stimulus and increases the debt by a huge amount while increasing taxes, and mismanaging American business regulations, then America could be back in the days of “Stagflation.”  

China can bomb Taiwan before orchestrating an invasion. However America recently sold some top military improvements and supplies to Taiwan. To reach Taiwan, Chinese landing craft would need to get past Taiwan’s coastal defenses. I can see a lot of drowned Chinese soldiers during that enterprise. And China has a nuclear arsenal.  edit: Some smaller islands of Taiwan are 10km from mainland China. Taiwan is 110 km or about 68 miles.

Biden relaxed our / Trump’s “controls over Iran as soon as he came into office. Iran is more belligerent than ever and they have spread their nuclear bomb-making facilities around making them less vulnerable to air bombardment. An Iranian dirty, nuclear bomb may be a year or two away. And the last I heard Israel had about seven nuclear bombs but that was years ago.

On the near horizon I can see the possibility of two wars which we will join on the side of our allies. Both of those wars have the potential of going nuclear. Peter

16 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

TG,

Ha!

Lookee what I found.

Garland's daughter makes money from Critical Race Theory being taught in schools.

merrick-garland-Xan-Tanner-SIL-Rebecca-G
THECONSERVATIVETREEHOUSE.COM

Well, well, well… This is interesting.  U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland recently instructed the FBI to begin investigating parents who confront school board administrators over Critical Race Theory...

Hardee har har...

You just can't make this shit up.

Garland is sicking the FBI on people who are threatening his daughter's scam.

(To be precise, it's the scam of Garland's son-in-law, but same shit anyway.) 

We're not talking about chump change, either. Read the article. We're talking about a cool $60 million. And that's just for starters.

I hope this takes Garland down.

Michael

• Upvote 1

"The Morning Briefing: Fascist Attorney General Garland Has Angered the Wrong Parents"

520cce0a-96dc-4cb9-ad58-ac524d9b8865-120
PJMEDIA.COM

Top O’ the Briefing Happy Wednesday, dear Kruiser Morning Briefing friends. I’m ready for the Willy Wonka phase of my life to begin. It’s...

quote:

"One of the things I was grateful for all during the Wuhan Chinese Bat Flu nightmare is that my daughter is older and we didn’t have to navigate the school shutdown stuff. I know it was an enduring shock to the system to my friends and colleagues who have kids at home of all ages and had to figure out how to keep the education going.

"An unexpected byproduct of all of that has been that parents began to notice more and more some of the unsavory things being passed along to the youth of America via our taxpayer-funded public school leftist-indoctrination-mill system.

"Operating under the presumption that they had a say in the lives of their children as well as the way their tax dollars are spent, the parents began making their displeasure clear to various school boards around the country.

"Well, few things irritate the public education indoctrination pimps more than parents who are involved and aware."

While this is not my personal idea of "fun"; I do find encouragement in the above, because, yes, now the parents ARE aware, and the genie is "out of the bottle", and can't just be put back in. (It's like putting toothpaste back in the tube once it's been squeezed out...)

Another encouraging moment...and more toothpaste out of the tube...
What I like about this is that these parents are NOT surrendering the "moral high ground", and are REJECTING the premise (really, the projections of the power-grabbers onto the parents) that they are the ones initiating force, but calling out the board for being the facists:

Viral School Board Speech: It Is My Constitutional Right To Critique Your Fascism

"I've got news for you, School Board President Benito Mussolini, your power does not supersede that of the U.S. constitution and the rights of the citizens of this great country," he said before being warned not to name-call.

546442.jpg
WWW.REALCLEARPOLITICS.COM

In this viral video, Simon Campbell, a former member of the Pennsbury, PA school board, rips his former colleagues for allegedly seeking to...

It is getting worse. Will China start a war due to “an incident?” That appears to be happening. Next to come is a naval blockade so Taiwan cannot import or export cargo, and that will cause a collapse of their economy. Imagine living there and your belligerent neighbor was harassing you with roaring jet planes every day and night.

From Newsweek: . . . Taiwan's most senior defense official says the nation's air force pilots—under pressure from daily Chinese military flights near the island—will adhere to a strict "never strike first" policy, even if provoked . . . . Chiu, 68, said tensions across the Taiwan Strait were in the "most severe" state of his 40-year military career. This was being felt by the armed forces and the public alike, he said . . . . In his opening remarks at the top of the session, the minister said the frequent appearances of Chinese warplanes and warships around Taiwan were raising concerns about "gray-zone conflict," intimidating and coercive measures that fall short of war.

To me I've alway understood the term Deep State to describe the depth of capture of various institutions that operated in a covert or veiled manner. Might need a different term , or way of appreciating that the capture is now right in your face :

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2021-10-06/pentagon-warns-of-national-security-fallout-from-debt-ceiling-crisis