On another issue, this is going to wreak havoc on Roe vs. Wade.

sunrise-supreme-court-building-dc-august
WWW.BREITBART.COM

In a pro-life victory, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 Wednesday not to block the new Texas law banning abortions after a heartbeat is detected.

The article doesn't say, but the issue is heartbeat being detected in a fetus.

The fines on doctors will make it near impossible for them to get insurance if they practice abortion after a hearbeat is detected in a fetus.

Also, their liability for getting sued has increased.

Note that SCOTUS did not prohibit abortions. It refused to rule on a Texas law, thus allowing that law to take effect. The implication is that abortion is now considered by SCOTUS mostly as a state issue, not federal.

Now other states will follow.

An unintended consequence of this is that the states and cities that are bad off financially due to Democratic mismanagement will no longer be a launching pad for people who want to move to a more productive and wealthy state.

Rich lefties always bring their leftie views with them. But it is unlikely they will want to move to a state where abortion has been curtailed.

That will allow red states to preserve their conservative leanings and still prevail in elected offices.

This is a big hit against the Deep State. 

Michael

On 8/30/2021 at 7:12 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... there is now a boycott of Chase Bank underway and many of General Flynn supporters have deep pockets. They are taking their money out of Chase.

Lookee here.

Flynn.jpg
WWW.WESTERNJOURNAL.COM

Chase Bank has retreated after telling Gen. Michael Flynn that it was going to cancel his family's credit cards.

We're winning.

If the bad guys were winning, Chase would never have backed down to Gen. Flynn after making a fuss about how woke they are.

:) 

Michael

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Lookee here.

Flynn.jpg
WWW.WESTERNJOURNAL.COM

Chase Bank has retreated after telling Gen. Michael Flynn that it was going to cancel his family's credit cards.

We're winning.

If the bad guys were winning, Chase would never have backed down to Gen. Flynn after making a fuss about how woke they are.

Michael

I had a little extra this month, and was planning to put it towards one of two credit card payments, one being Chase. I was going to put it towards the one with the bigger balance/higher interest, but the extra would have wiped out the Chase debt in one go. This story almost tipped me to paying off the Chase card and closing it entirely. I still may. (I'm only slightly concerned with losing a few points on my credit score by losing that established history, but I have a high score already, so it would be worth it, on principle.)

In re Mesa County CO clerk and recorder Tina Peters, subject of several criminal investigations. Her erstwhile deputy has turned herself in.  

On 8/12/2021 at 1:36 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The story, in brief, is this. She is a Mesa County Colorado Clerk. She listened to complaints of the people in Colorado and started investigating on her own. The more she saw, the more pissed she got.

Charges filed against Mesa County deputy clerk

Peters to commissioners: I am working

Voter-fraud conspiracy theorists meet with county officials

[...] 

Williams, who asked for that information, was appointed as the county’s temporary designated election official after Peters was temporarily prohibited from conducting them.

He described the meeting this way:

“Your parents promise you toys for Christmas,” Williams told The Daily Sentinel after the 1 1/2-hourlong session ended.

“Excited, you arise early in the morning to see what might be under the tree,” he added. “There is nothing. You ask your parents what happened, and they explain how there was a theoretical possibility there could have been something.”

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

William,

I'm thinking that MAGA headlines should emulate this formula.

For instance, this same news item could have a headline like the following.

Citizens concerned about voting integrity meet with county official election fraudsters

Just the news, right?

Michael

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2021 at 4:12 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

On another issue, this is going to wreak havoc on Roe vs. Wade.

sunrise-supreme-court-building-dc-august
WWW.BREITBART.COM

In a pro-life victory, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 Wednesday not to block the new Texas law banning abortions after a heartbeat is detected.

The article doesn't say, but the issue is heartbeat being detected in a fetus.

The fines on doctors will make it near impossible for them to get insurance if they practice abortion after a hearbeat is detected in a fetus.

Also, their liability for getting sued has increased.

Note that SCOTUS did not prohibit abortions. It refused to rule on a Texas law, thus allowing that law to take effect. The implication is that abortion is now considered by SCOTUS mostly as a state issue, not federal.

Now other states will follow.

An unintended consequence of this is that the states and cities that are bad off financially due to Democratic mismanagement will no longer be a launching pad for people who want to move to a more productive and wealthy state.

Rich lefties always bring their leftie views with them. But it is unlikely they will want to move to a state where abortion has been curtailed.

That will allow red states to preserve their conservative leanings and still prevail in elected offices.

This is a big hit against the Deep State. 

Michael

I butchered the summary of the law a bit. So here is an article that gives better information.

10357030-fcbe-475f-b445-1798a0c16a71-AP_
WWW.USATODAY.COM

The Texas law is one of the most direct challenges on the Supreme Court's 1973 landmark Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion.

And here are some pull quotes:

What does the Texas abortion law do?

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott signed the legislation, known as the "fetal heartbeat" bill, into law in May. It bans abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected, usually around six weeks of pregnancy and before many people realize they are pregnant.

There are no exemptions in cases of rape or incest. 

Abortion providers say the legislation would restrict 85% of abortion procedures in Texas.

. . .

Why the Texas law is unusual

The Texas law is different from other restrictive abortion laws because instead of relying on officials to enforce the law, private citizens are allowed to sue abortion providers and anyone involved in "aiding and abetting" abortions.

This could include anyone driving a person to an abortion clinic, among other situations. Anyone who is successful in suing is entitled to $10,000, according to the law. 

Abortion rights advocates say the law is written in a way to prevent federal courts from striking it down, in part because it’s hard to know whom to sue.

. . .

What happens next?

The Supreme Court's ruling isn't the final say on the abortion debate in Texas. Other challenges against S.B. 8 can still be brought before the justices. This comes as the high court is also weighing a case challenging Mississippi's ban on most abortions after 15 weeks. 

Meanwhile, some abortion clinics in Texas like Whole Woman’s Health are already turning away patients seeking abortions after six weeks of pregnancy as the law goes into effect.

The founder of Whole Woman's Health, Amy Hagstrom Miller, told the New York Times the clinics would comply with the law. 

All 11 Planned Parenthood clinics have also stopped scheduling abortions visits after six weeks of pregnancy, according to The 19th, which first reported the news.

Whew! That's better.

Now for the fun part. The left went so ape-shit over this law passing without SCOTUS smackdown, they are blaming Ruth Bader Ginsburg (as a white bitch :) ) for causing it. But that is not setting well with other lefties and they are going at each other.

Salty Cracker is having a field day with this.

Michael

What’s next, Deep State Unraveling?” At this point we have a time in American history where we can “fix our own future.” No more foreign entanglements. 'Speak softly and carry a big stick'

Is the following just sabre rattling from China? From The National Interest: . . . The report of the 19th National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) in 2017 demonstrated this enthusiasm, announcing the ‘great rejuvenation’ of the Chinese nation needs to be achieved by 2049, and that the reunification of China is a condition for that. But the mainland unlikely has any intention to pursue reunification by force anytime soon. One reason is that the domestic political risks are high if the use of force is not successful. Victory is not yet a forgone conclusion — having prepared for conflict with the mainland for decades, Taiwan has toughened its ability to defend itself. Taiwan’s will is strong. Polls show that 80 per cent of Taiwanese people are willing to defend the island by force. In the context of the 20th Party Congress in 2022 in particular, Xi needs a stable domestic political environment to ensure the extension of his term as General Secretary of the CCP. Brinkmanship towards an incursion may risk domestic stability, provoke public discontent and stir backlash that could scuttle his leadership . . . .

Deterents? From Business Insider: How many US troops are stationed abroad? The US military has over 1.3 million men and women on active duty, with more than 450,000 of them stationed overseas. Many of these stationed service members perform training exercises and other duties at rather safe bases.

DW. Com: At its command are the US Army Europe, the US Air Forces in Europe, and the US Marine Corps Forces Europe and Africa, all of which have installations in Germany. In fact, Germany hosts the largest portion of US troops in Europe — roughly 38,600, though the numbers vary as troops are regularly rotated to other countries.

What happens to the Deep State if their man gets prosecuted and convicted of treason?

mission-accomplished-biden.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Of course he is.  Joe Biden is guilty of treason. Rudy Giuliani was on with Steve Bannon at the War Room and he made another case for why...

Rudy just brilliantly laid out the case for how Biden has committed treason. It starts with this thought (Rudy's words): 

Treason can only take place during a time of war.  We define what was going on in Afghanistan as war.  Before he ended the war and took our troops out, he gave them two or three billion dollars of very dangerous armaments, including black hawk helicopters, bombs, explosives, biometric equipment.  He gave them to our enemy.

Then he gave them the names of the people who cooperated with them.  And he gave them biometric equipment to help them go find those people and kill them which now, they’re doing.  They’re carrying it out….

…The Constitution says that treason is giving help to our enemy in time of war.  According to him [Biden] according to Trump we were at war in Afghanistan.

That is called a premise.

I'm pretty sure people interested in Objectivism know what that means.

The culture at large, including many in O-Land, have been laughing at Rudy, mocking him, saying he's washed up, lost his edge, etc., yet the hearings he did with state lawmakers in Gettysburg Pennsylvania, Arizona, Michigan and Georgia from Nov. 25 to Dec. 4 of last year created the entire foundation of the state election audits now sweeping the nation.

It only took one state, Arizona, to get the ball rolling. But that's all a premise needs to grow.

Rudy planted that seed. Rudy essentially taught the state legislatures that they had the power to control elections and that they were unwittingly signing off on fraud with the 2020 election. And he presented the evidence to them, evidence that the courts refused to look at.

The press and mainstream culture laughed and mocked, but enough state lawmakers were not amused at being the foundational patsy of a gigantic swindle that they stepped up and used their power.

The rest is now history in the making. Watch and enjoy.

Rudy set the premise in the mainstream to the right people. Now look around. Look what grew from it.

That's how damn good Rudy is.

I believe Rudy has just set such a premise in the mainstream for convicting Joe Biden and many of his staff of treason. It starts with the constitutional definition of treason and a list of non-disputable actions by Biden.

Let's see if this premise grows.

I believe it will.

I even believe many people who know it is treason, but don't want an American President convicted of treason, will be forced to go with convicting him. The crime was just too big to set aside with legal-sounding blah blah blah.

We are a nation of laws, not just spin. And Rudy nails the law at the root better than anyone else I have seen.

Of what use are legal strategies and all that stuff if the premise is fraudulent and criminal?

That's the question Rudy puts into the American mind, albeit not in those words.

And here in O-Land? Heh. 

This is Objectivism 101 and look at how many people missed this. Maybe now they will catch up.

Reality is a jealous bitch. She has no mercy with spin when she gets pissed.

(That's Objectivism 101, too. It's just my paraphrase. :) )

Michael

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2021 at 3:04 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I believe Rudy has just set such a premise in the mainstream for convicting Joe Biden and many of his staff of treason. It starts with the constitutional definition of treason and a list of non-disputable actions by Biden.

Now it's sprouting beyond Rudy.

This is what a sprout looks like.

Just look at Mast's reasoning. Identical to Rudy's at the premise level.

From the article:

Florida GOP Rep. Brian Mast is calling for Joe Biden to be impeached for treason.

During an interview on Fox News Channel’s “Sunday Morning Futures,” Mask argued that Biden should be removed from office over his disastrous handling of the Afghanistan crisis.

“Impeachment is absolutely something that should be considered. I would say no less than 10,000 counts of reckless endangerment, all of the American lives over there. That’s the minimum. That is the real crime,” Mast said.

He continued, “We know for a fact that the Taliban is the sworn enemy of the United States of America. We are still in the midst of the war on terror, and as I said, I would absolutely consider the manipulation of intelligence, giving aid and comfort to the enemy. All three of those things are part of what meets the constitutional definition of treason.”

Michael

Milley is a traitor.

The Afghanistan debacle proves that.

Oddly enough, the information about Milley telling China he would warn them if the USA were ever to attack, and his comment to Pelosi that he would override orders to the military from Trump came from Bob Woodward's new book, Peril.

0x0.jpeg
THENATIONALPULSE.COM

Through secret backchannels unbeknownst to then-President Donald Trump, General Mark Milley informed leaders from the Chinese Communist Party and Democratic Party that he would not carry out...

Here is President Trump saying he never thought about attacking China and trashing both Milley and Woodward. He mentioned he is a president who never started any wars. But he said if Milley did do this, it is treason. He wondered if there is a recording.

IMG_5343.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

President Trump joined Newsmax via telephone on Tuesday to respond to a report claiming Milley called China behind his back. According to a new book “Peril” written by Bob Woodward, Mark Milley, the Joint...

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Milley got taken down by Woodward of all people?

Talk about shooting your own team in the foot.

Michael

• Upvote 1

Trump just issued a statement:

image.png

image.png

If the story of ‘Dumbass’ General Mark Milley, the same failed leader who engineered the worst withdrawal from a country, Afghanistan, in U.S. history, leaving behind many dead and wounded soldiers, many American citizens, and $85 Billion worth of the newest and most sophisticated Military equipment in the world, and our Country’s reputation, is true, then I assume he would be tried for TREASON in that he would have been dealing with his Chinese counterpart behind the President’s back and telling China that he would be giving them notification ‘of an attack.’ Can’t do that!

The good news is that the story is Fake News concocted by a weak and ineffective General together with two authors who I refused to give an interview to because they write fiction, not fact. Actions should be taken immediately against Milley, and better generals in our Military, of which we have many, should get involved so that another Afghanistan disaster never happens again. Remember, I was the one who took out 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. Milley said it couldn’t be done!

For the record, I never even thought of attacking China—and China knows that. The people that fabricated the story are sick and demented, and the people who print it are just as bad. In fact, I’m the only President in decades who didn’t get the U.S. into a war—a well known fact that is seldom reported.

He calls Woodward's claims "fake news."

Still...

It's plausible.

And "Dumbass General Mark Milley" is a nice touch.

Michael

8 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Refresh my memory; Milley is the same general who was forcing CRT and LBGT diversity upon the military, no?

TG,

I don't recall a story to that effect (which doesn't mean they don't exist--after all, Milley has only been on my radar recently), but I did see him talk to Congress.

And a General who tells Congress he wants to understand "white rage" makes him implementing those policies almost a certainty.

Milley needs to be in prison.

Michael

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

I don't recall a story to that effect (which doesn't mean they don't exist--after all, Milley has only been on my radar recently), but I did see him talk to Congress.

And a General who tells Congress he wants to understand "white rage" makes him implementing those policies almost a certainty.

Milley needs to be in prison.

Michael

Found it...

"He continued brusquely: 'And I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers, our commissioned, noncommissioned officers of being, quote, 'woke' or something else, because we're studying some theories that are out there.'"

milley_wide-a818243e036c42bfdf2437817e76
WWW.NPR.ORG

Joint Chiefs Chairman Mark Milley also said he wanted to understand "white rage" in a tense exchange that Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz had...
gen-milley-addressed-critical-race-theor
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

General Milley said he wanted to understand "white rage," as well as what led to the riot at the Capitol on January 6.
download-1.jpeg
WWW.PALMCENTER.ORG

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – As part of his Senate confirmation process for the position of Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark Milley...

"During Senate confirmation General Milley answers, 'I am not aware of significant impact to unit readiness based on transgender persons serving in the Army.'”

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's getting serious real fast.

Yup. It is.

Milley confirmed it and his then superior condemned him for insubordination.

See here.

trump-milley-2.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley released a statement through a spokesman that confirmed the reporting in the new book Peril by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa that stated Milley...

And here:

A50CF0F2-8393-4F12-8CCF-C44AE1278D54.jpe
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Mark Milley According to a new book “Peril” written by Bob Woodward, Mark Milley, the Joint Chiefs chairman, told China in a secret phone call that he would give advance warning if the US was ever going to...

Let's see where this goes. My bet it it will not go well for Milley. He and the Biden people think he's a hero, so he's confessing in the form of bragging. But a confession is still a confession.

Michael

• Upvote 1

In terms of legalities, the following story is a fart in a shit factory, but at least it's something.

hillary-clinton-thumbnail.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

A federal grand jury returned the indictment sought by sought by Special Counsel John Durham

And what was the crime? Lying to the FBI, of course. Other crimes like fraud, embezzlement, murder, etc., are no longer popular at the FBI. Nowadays, it's all about them, lying to them, falling for their stings and entrapments, interacting with them and nothing but them.

But at least the pfffffffffffffffttt was marginally satisfying.

And here I thought Durham had transmuted into a bearded frown without a face floating in the ether.

But the frown lives...

Probably to play cover-up for the big guys more than do justice.

But it lives...

Michael