7 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Yours is a more benevolent view than mine, but my suspicions about them are just that, suspicions.

That said, it's as if they think they're praising Hugh Akston, but they're really praising Robert Stadler. Whatever brilliance they may have is overshadowed by their selling out.

TG, apt observation about mainstream Objectivist intellectuals. I.e. It is "science", right? It's big business - right? Praising them and the people as inherently admirable, irrespective of the morality of some scientists and big businessmen, their purpose, methods and their aims. Nor their involvement with Big Government?

Wealth is good - therefore he who has amassed the most (e.g. Bill Gates) must be better than good. And so on, especially with Big Tech. As if on a quest - of which I'm certain - to find O'ist real life heroes (and there DO exist those, not always in obvious places, often quiet and less known).

Thing is these guys have not lost the rationalism Objectivists ought to know of well. (Nor the intrinsicism: "revealed knowledge" - the Word from Rand Herself).

Seeing with one's own eyes as MSK promotes, effectively induction, dissipates rationalism. Rand said, as reported by Peikoff: "I wouldn't have a philosophy without induction".

Not emphasized enough in the O'ist methodology, I think, is that each thinker needs to induce for themselves. How else does one arrive at the principles - short of blindly repeating Rand's conclusions and propositions? (And misapplying them). How do those principles get checked if not regularly compared back to reality?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There's another thing, too.

Scratch every one of the outspoken knuckleheads in the world--including movement leaders of all stripes, and you will find their core desires when dealing with other people always go back to money, sex, and power--any alone or in any combination.

People have known that since recorded history.

:)

Michael

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

There's another thing, too.

Scratch every one of the outspoken knuckleheads in the world--including movement leaders of all stripes, and you will find their core desires when dealing with other people always go back to money, sex, and power--any alone or in any combination.

People have known that since recorded history.

Michael

Power first, the money follows, and guess what follows both ...? ha.

• Smile 1

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

In the modern context, Zuckerberg, Brin and Page, Dorsey, etc., are the equivalent of power-mongering Third Reich scientists. They have technical expertise and power-lust--the kind that involves violence--in their hearts. 

They haven't fully arrived there yet, but let the virus eugenics they and their crew promote develop to where they want to take it and they will make Hitler's concentration camps look like a walk in the park for those they consider as human livestock.

Very much agreed. And let's explicitly name Bill Gates in the list - prominently in the list. (You named "Zuckerberg, Brin and Page, Dorsey, etc.")

Ellen

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

Starting with Robert Bidinotto.

If I'm going to bash one side, I might as well bash the other.

I used to admire that dude. Really admire. A lot. But what a disappointment as I started looking with my eyes and less with my heart.

Michael,

I’m glad to read that your admiration for Robert Bidinotto has gone on a downslide.

I didn’t want to get into it when you used to praise him, but I always hoped that you might see him differently someday.  He’s always made me uneasy.

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I don't know if he is still an Amazon groupie (I imagine he is), but once in a while I see something he writes on social media. Man, does that dude live in a dark place. Lots of pontificating with hatred and contempt as the main subtext.

And, of course, his loathing of Trump is always there no matter what he says to cover it up, especially with principle. He will mention a principle, but then let loose with about thirty adjectives bashing Trump in the ensuing sentences, often with 4 or 5 adjectives (with at least 3 of them redundant) per sentence. :) 

I haven't read him for quite a while, but I imagine he's gloating about what he likely imagines is Trump's demise in the current election situation and tut-tut-tutting about how the world is awful because it isn't principled. But, of course, he is, so, there's hope if the world will ever listen to him. Stupid evil world.

I haven’t seen anything by him in a long while, but I’m not surprised by your description.

Ellen

6 hours ago, anthony said:

As if on a quest - of which I'm certain - to find O'ist real life heroes (and there DO exist those, not always in obvious places, often quiet and less known).

How about Donald Trump (though of course he isn’t obscure)?

Seems that their near-unanimous reaction to him is loathing.

Ellen

2 hours ago, Marc said:

There was a video posted earlier ( not sure if this thread or another) it was 50+ minutes and some military dude.

Can anyone help me locate it please?

Thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Just found it!

Opps,and sorry and thanks!

Marc,

Was it this?

I don't believe that will stay up on YouTube for long, so here is the BitChute link.

This is a bit Q heavy, but from the way Scott McKay is talking, it sounds like a hell of a lot more than LARP (Live Action Role Playing).

If anyone wants to feel some hope, watch it. Even if only 10% of what McKay says is true, Trump's got this.

Michael

12 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Incidentally, there are rumors flying all over the place that President Trump has invoked the Insurrection Act.

Yeah, I imagine the rumours are flying wild.

12 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I've read in several places that the White House lowered the flag to half-mast

I read it on a White House press release:

Half-Staff-Flags-WHITEHOUSE-jan10.jpg

No signature. Could be a fake.  Who waits four days to lower the flag?

45 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Marc,

Was it this?

I don't believe that will stay up on YouTube for long, so here is the BitChute link.

This is a bit Q heavy, but from the way Scott McKay is talking, it sounds like a hell of a lot more than LARP (Live Action Role Playing).

If anyone wants to feel some hope, watch it. Even if only 10% of what McKay says is true, Trump's got this.

Michael

Yes indeed!!!!

Muchas gracias!

It was great!!!

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

With that one comment, Brook showed he never truly understood what Ayn Rand was about at the premise level.

Hell, throw Watkins in there, too.

The infuriating thing is that it's not as if Rand was obtuse on the subject; she was cry-stal-clear:

"There are four characteristics which brand a country unmistakably as a dictatorship: one-party rule—executions without trial or with a mock trial, for political offenses—the nationalization or expropriation of private property—and censorship. A country guilty of these outrages forfeits any moral prerogatives, any claim to national rights or sovereignty, and becomes an outlaw." -“Collectivized ‘Rights"

Hell, in "Government by Intimidation", she even anticipated the internet censorship of today, by referencing Telstar:

"Consider the signifance of a curious contradiction. On the one hand, the government hails the launching of Telstar as a means of uniting the whole world in a single network of global communication. On the other hand, the government proposes to distintegrate national communications into local atoms, forbidding any private individual to acquire the means of addressing the nation, and forbidding the separate atoms to know what the rest of the world is thinking. "

[Gee, that last line...doesn't that sound an awful lot like what they did to Trump's account, while attempting to keep us "separate atoms" from communicating?]

She goes on:

"Do you grasp the possibilities?

"President Kennedy is to broadcast his news conferences via Telstar. Which one of us will obtain equal time on that global medium? And if we do not, how will we make ourselves heard? It is not by means of the 'High School Bugle' that one cant protect one's rights or compete with a monopoly of that kind.

"Gentleman of the press, if any, now is the time to speak up."

What part of this is so hard for Brook and Watkins to understand? Unless, they don't want to understand...or worse, they DO understand, and are selling out to someone or something...

• Like 1

Someone mentioned air traffic and around 6:45 pm I heard a small plane heading in the direction of DC and I wondered . . .

Greg Gutfeld on Sunday at 5 in the afternoon showed the hypocrisy of the celebrity hypocrites / progressives, or is that an oxymoron, on his show. Greg Gutfeld: “We can’t pick and choose your thugs.” Yet he showed Maxine Waters for example, telling people to pour gasoline on things and set them afire. And other leftists applauded violence happening with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Condensed, and closed up for brevity. I tried to cut out what the Dems were saying but things are not looking good. Peter

From USA Today: In a show of the president's evaporating support within his own party, Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., suggested Trump should resign and could face "criminal liability" for his actions . . . .

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a longtime ally of the president's, was among several Republicans who said Sunday they support a second impeachment, a double black mark that has never befallen a president . . . . What we had was an incitement to riot at the United States Capitol. We had people killed," Christie said on ABC's "This Week. "To me, there's not a whole lot of question here. ... If inciting to insurrection isn't [impeachable], then I don't really know what it is." . . . . 

Toomey followed the lead of Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, who on Friday became the first Republican senator to call on Trump to resign, though Toomey said Sunday he doesn't think it will happen . . . .

Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb. said Friday on "CBS This Morning" that if the House advanced impeachment articles, "I will definitely consider whatever articles they might move" because he believed Trump disregarded his oath of office . . . .

South Carolina Rep. James Clyburn, the third-ranking House Democrat, predicted Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that lawmakers could vote as soon as Tuesday to impeach Trump. He told USA TODAY over the weekend that Democrats should act, regardless of what Senate Republicans decide to do with a trial. “If they don’t convict him, that’s on them, but I think it would be on us if we did not impeach him," Clyburn said. “I don’t care if it’s one hour left, let’s impeach him.”

Fifty-six percent of Americans say Trump should be removed from office before his term ends, according to an ABC News/Ipsos poll Sunday. A higher figure, about two-thirds, blame the commander in chief for the riots that left five people dead, including Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick . . ..

Clyburn raised the idea Sunday that the House could act quickly to impeach Trump, then hold off on sending the articles to the Senate for its trial – possibly waiting for months so Biden could work through the first 100 days of his administration. Such a delay would land a trial in the hands of the new Senate Democratic majority . . . .

White House officials did not respond to a request for comment, and Trump kept out of sight over the weekend. The White House referred to a statement from spokesman Judd Deere who argued Friday that a "politically motivated impeachment" would "only serve to further divide our great country."

Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., said Sunday that Trump's actions leading up to the riot were "clearly reckless," but he told CBS' "Face the Nation" that he did not support Congress taking action given how few days the president has in office. "We should be thinking more about the first day of the next presidency than the last day of his presidency, in my view," he said.

Does anybody doubt we are at war right now? It started with the current coup.

And look what war creates.

Gab, a good guy, is posting on Twitter, a bad guy, saying the Parler people (good guys), that is, its main competitor, can speak freely on Gab's platform (which they could anyway by simply creating an account), and I am embedding this on OL from Twitter (a bad guy).

What odd bedfellows...

Michael

• Thanks 1

Who believes the people saying these things , believe the things they are saying ?

Does anyone expect these same people would call for the same remedies against the fictitious VP for inciting rioting ? Have they mentioned given Kamala’s public  statements about ‘the movement’ that she would be unfit to hold federal office , a vague mention , a small rebuke ?

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:25 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... I am going to post all of Lin Wood's Parlays starting from a day ago...

Here goes today's version except starting from where I left off.

“I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.”
- Psalms 16:8

image.png

=====================================

Over the next 10-14 days, you will learn shocking information about many of our government officials & wealthy elite.

Child sex trafficking and pedophilia are the worldwide pandemic.

Revelations will relate to Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Chief Justice John Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Mike Pence, Jeffrey Epstein, Bill Gates, and thousands more.

I have seen the evidence. It is conclusive.

This truly is the battle between good & evil.

A great deal of evidence deals with pedophilia & child sex trafficking. Laws prohibit it from being transmitted online. So the evidence can only be brought to light in court.

You will also be shown evidence at the proper time and through proper channels about the conclusive evidence of election fraud & acts of treason by many against our country.

Perhaps most shocking will be the masterful actions of President Trump in ridding our country of debtor-state status. Our financial system is a paper fraud. Time for bankruptcy & a fresh start. Just think - no income taxes!

Good time to own gold, silver, land, etc. Real assets v. paper.

It is 1776 again. Stay tuned.

I have received many inquiries about Kyle Rittenhouse.

#FightBack ended its fundraising efforts for Kyle after we raised the funds for his $2M cash bail.

Kyle is represented in Wisconsin case by criminal defense lawyer Mark Richards.

John Pierce has taken over fundraising for Kyle. John is not affiliated with #FightBack.

I have been asked by John to post that donations for Kyle can be made at this site. I continue to pray that justice for Kyle will be achieved. Plus the right of self-defense is invaluable and must be preserved.

image.png

FreeKyleUSA is a website created by the Rittenhouse family to fight misinformation and raise money for Kyle's legal def...
http://freekyleusa.com

I can honestly say I feel President Trump’s pain. Because of my imperfect but best efforts to speak truth, I have been accused & attacked by many of my “friends” & sadly even by family members.

The Bible is clear - if you follow Jesus Christ, you shall be persecuted.

So while the betrayals deeply hurt me, I understand. I shall continue to speak truth & be fearless. My faith remains unshaken.

image.png

image.png

10th January Update...
www.simonparkes.org To Join Connecting Consciousness: www.connectingconsciousness.org/ Parler: https://parler.com/profil...
https://www.simonparkes.org/post/10th-january-update

The use of rhetorical hyperbole is NOT unlawful. One of the punishments for treason is use of a firing squad. That punishment cane only be administer by law enforcement. NOT civilians.

“”The pen is mightier than the sword”
"The pen is mightier than the sword" is a metonymic adage, penned by English author Edward Bulwer-Lytton in 1839, indicating that communication, or in some interpretations, administrative power or advocacy of an independent press, is a more effective tool than direct violence.”

Parler should NOT chill free speech including rhetorical hyperbole.

image.png

Parler has removed a violent comment about Mike Pence by pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood
Social network Parler removed several of Lin Wood's posts, including one that featured a violent comment about Vice Pres...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/parler-has-removed-a-violent-comment-about-mike-pence-by-pro-trump-lawyer-lin-wood/ar-BB1cD0Ke

image.png

I am confident the Secret Service knows the difference between rhetorical hyperbole & a threat of imminent harm.

We are witnessing efforts by the high tech companies & MSM to end free speech in this country.

Will NEVER happen.

Follow me on Clouthub @LLinWood. Parler is about to be shut down by Amazon, Apple, etc. - all the companies that support Communism.

image.png

That last Parley was from 10 hours ago, so I guess Lin will not be back there.

I will find him, though. He can run but he can't hide from me.

Michael

• Smile 1