This is just an alert.

And here is my basis for it. People like Nancy Pelosi always signal the outcome coming from backstage in a primitive coded kind of way. A good example is before Nov. 3 when she told people to not despair because it would look like President Trump won the election, but then the other votes would come in blah blah blah. She didn't openly say it would be election fraud, but the outcome signal was there.

One of her favorite tricks is to point the finger at others and accuse them of what she is doing. Staging a coup, for example. She claims Trump was trying to stage a coup when she, herself just yesterday tried to stage a military coup.

She went to the Pentagon and asked them to ignore the command of the President regarding nuclear codes. She was told they could never do that. If the military refused a direct order from the President on something like that, that is tantamount to a military coup. 

btw - If Biden gets in, she is signaling she is already involved in setting up martial law.

But there is another signal that is scaring me, and I don't scare easily.

According to Mike Adams and a few others who communicate with Special Ops people, there are dirty bombs planted around Washington DC and a few other cities.

Pelosi just practically broke the law trying to get the Pentagon to say they would not let President Trump authorize setting off a nuke.

I hope she is not signaling that the coup people she is working with will set off nukes and try to blame it on Trump. But I fear that is exactly what she is signaling.

We have already seen what these people are capable of. What's killing some Americans "for a good cause" to them? Hell, these are people who make money from endless war. That's their business model.

So I recommend to stay alert and, for this period, stay away from iconic targets in cities.

Michael

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is just an alert.

And here is my basis for it. People like Nancy Pelosi always signal the outcome coming from backstage in a primitive coded kind of way. A good example is before Nov. 3 when she told people to not despair because it would look like President Trump won the election, but then the other votes would come in blah blah blah. She didn't openly say it would be election fraud, but the outcome signal was there.

One of her favorite tricks is to point the finger at others and accuse them of what she is doing. Staging a coup, for example. She claims Trump was trying to stage a coup when she, herself just yesterday tried to stage a military coup.

She went to the Pentagon and asked them to ignore the command of the President regarding nuclear codes. She was told they could never do that. If the military refused a direct order from the President on something like that, that is tantamount to a military coup. 

btw - If Biden gets in, she is signaling she is already involved in setting up martial law.

But there is another signal that is scaring me, and I don't scare easily.

According to Mike Adams and a few others who communicate with Special Ops people, there are dirty bombs planted around Washington DC and a few other cities.

Pelosi just practically broke the law trying to get the Pentagon to say they would not let President Trump authorize setting off a nuke.

I hope she is not signaling that the coup people she is working with will set off nukes and try to blame it on Trump. But I fear that is exactly what she is signaling.

We have already seen what these people are capable of. What's killing some Americans "for a good cause" to them? Hell, these are people who make money from endless war. That's their business model.

So I recommend to stay alert and, for this period, stay away from iconic targets in cities.

Michael

"May you live in interesting times." -Ancient Chinese curse.
Appropriate.

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It also is unlikely that the whole "Orange Man Is Literally Hitler!!!1!" thing is 100% theater. The whole leftist worldview is a land of schizophrenic make-believe. To some non-trivial extent, they undoubtedly feel that destroying Trump—socially, psychologically, or physically—is the right and moral thing to do.

• Like 1

Ok, Lin Wood is making the following claim on Parler:

"A reliable source informs me that Amazon (AWS) will shut down Parler in next 24-36 hours.

Good idea to get on Clouthub and/or gab ASAP.

These big tech Goliath’s are about get hit with a small, smooth stone. And they will fall hard. In a few days. Patience. Wait on the Lord.

You watch it happen."

This could be a good "litmus test" of the shape of things to come."  It's a big promise at the end of that. But I do know that AWS is a big deal; we've had crucial cloud software go down on us at work in the past due to outages on their end. And he WAS right about Pence, after all. let's see what happens...

[edit: Currently having issues with GAB website, FYI...probably crashing from an influx of traffic from this...]

https://parler.com/post/65974b9201a5426b8a46c67194eca6a8

Here is the statement from Parler's CEO, John Matze (here on Parler).

We are the closest thing to competition Facebook or Twitter has seen in many years. I believe Amazon, Google, Apple worked together to try and ensure they don’t have competition.

They will NOT win! We are the worlds last hope for free speech and free information.

What they are doing is unprecedented, unfounded and absolutely disgusting. Shameful.

This is a battle against all of us. Liberals, conservatives, atheists, Christians, black, white, etc. They want to keep their monopoly over speech. They want us fighting. They don’t want us working together. They don’t want us working with each other, they want us hating one another.

Parley - brings two people with conflicting ideas together. Our mission is free speech, democracy and us the people having the power. The elite don’t want us to be free, they want hate division and power!

For us to win this fight we need everyone back on Parler Tuesday. By Monday at noon we will be fully operational again.

So Parler will be down for a day and a half - 2 days at most. It will be back up Monday afternoon, maybe Tuesday if there are glitches.

Incidentally, as I understand it, the Mercers are the main money behind Parler. Does anyone think they will throw away this many users and this much traffic by dragging their feet on getting it back up?

:)

Michael

5 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here is the statement from Parler's CEO, John Matze (here on Parler).

So Parler will be down for a day and a half - 2 days at most. It will be back up Monday afternoon, maybe Tuesday if there are glitches.

Incidentally, as I understand it, the Mercers are the main money behind Parler. Does anyone think they will throw away this many users and this much traffic by dragging their feet on getting it back up?

Michael

Interdasting...so, then, with THAT happening, let's see if this new claim of Woods' pans out, as well:

"Apple is going to do an update on all phones to shut off the emergency broadcast system. This is Nazi Germany 1938

Turn your auto update toggle off."

https://parler.com/post/6daa29000f7945d5ad8123fafc31a49f

22 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

So Parler will be down for a day and a half - 2 days at most.

I read it, but didn't see it...did he say they were taking it down themselves as a precaution? Or is it confirmed that AWS is removing them, and they are switching to something else?

4 hours ago, Brad Anderson said:

It also is unlikely that the whole "Orange Man Is Literally Hitler!!!1!" thing is 100% theater. The whole leftist worldview is a land of schizophrenic make-believe. To some non-trivial extent, they undoubtedly feel that destroying Trump—socially, psychologically, or physically—is the right and moral thing to do.

Brad,

Welcome to OL.

Yes, I believe the left (when it gets fanatic) suffers from a form mental and psychological corruption very close to the way cults distort mental operations.

I have a lot to say about this, including the limitations of Rand's comment you mentioned earlier about hating the good for being the good.

In short, I find her statement great rhetoric and a valid description of moments in some people's lives, but I have not seen this as an ongoing mental state in a person with my own eyes in real life.

Just one example. btw - We can discuss this further later (right now the world is exploding :) ). If you are still around, just remind me.

I have done many things in life, including a stint as an orchestral conductor in Brazil. The avant garde composers used to love me because, even though I hated their music, I always strove to conduct it to the best of my ability and present what was in the score.

I got friendly with some of them. They wrote some of the ugliest music in the world and often snarked about moving art away from those "pretentious" symphonies and so on. So they would be a prime candidate of people who hated the good for being the good.

Yet when I went into their homes, I generally found good taste and clean surroundings. They would relegate ugly shit like modern art to a wall, but surround it with tasteful furniture, open spaces and so on. No well-worn smelly lobster crates for tables or piss-pots in the middle of the room or infestations of vermin. For those things, they loved the good and hated the bad. :) 

So I began to think their love of the bad and hatred of the good was something more specific than a world-view. And, ultimately, I believe it is.

The short version of what I concluded (and this is part of other things) is they are sticking out their tongues at their parents. They are still 14 or 15 in their minds. They never grew up. They want to be rebellious to be the cool kid, but still want to be taken care of.

When you say--openly--you don't want to take care of them and you ignore their bashing of the good you admire, they hate you like only wound up teenagers can. They want attention.

More later on all this.

Anyway, once again, welcome to OL.

Michael

13 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

I read it, but didn't see it...did he say they were taking it down themselves as a precaution? Or is it confirmed that AWS is removing them, and they are switching to something else?

TG,

Read the previous Parlay from Matze (here).

When he wrote that, he had not yet solved the issue (which, of course, will be a new cloud hosting provider--there are many). That's why he said a week.

Sunday (tomorrow) at midnight Amazon will be shutting off all of our servers in an attempt to completely remove free speech off the internet. There is the possibility Parler will be unavailable on the internet for up to a week as we rebuild from scratch. We prepared for events like this by never relying on amazons proprietary infrastructure and building bare metal products.

We will try our best to move to a new provider right now as we have many competing for our business, however Amazon, Google and Apple purposefully did this as a coordinated effort knowing our options would be limited and knowing this would inflict the most damage right as President Trump was banned from the tech companies.

This was a coordinated attack by the tech giants to kill competition in the market place. We were too successful too fast. You can expect the war on competition and free speech to continue, but don’t count us out.

btw - If Apple shuts off the Emergency Broadcast System to silence POTUS during a coup, they are openly engaging in treason. This will not end well for some people at Apple, nor for Apple itself. If President Trump invokes his EO of 2018 and Apple is seen to be in collusion with a foreign entity, he will be able to have the government confiscate the property situated in the US of the entire company.

Michael

• Upvote 1

We are getting down to the wire on Parler, so I am going to post all of Lin Wood's Parlays starting from a day ago. I don't have time to do the time stamps, etc. I will just do them in order raw.

Pray for our President.

===============================

Twitter came for President Trump today. And for General Flynn & for Sidney Powell. Unless stopped, Twitter will eventually come for you.

Delete your Twitter account. Do it today.

Send Jack a message that his effort to control your speech failed. Your right to free speech comes from God as confirmed in our Constitution.

It does not come from Jack. He cannot control it unless you give him the power to do so.

Strip Jack of all power.

I do not miss Twitter. I miss My Followers. I developed a special bond with them.

We debated some tough issues. We agreed more than we disagreed. If respectful, all conversations were welcomed.

I love conversations. I try to approach them with a curious mind. An informed conversation is an invaluable method to learn. We all still have a lot to learn.

We shared some laughs with humorous messages. Laughter is still the best medicine.

We shared parts of our lives together by sharing pictures.

I hope My Followers will follow me on Parler. It appears many have. Thank you.

I am also now on Clouthub @LLinWood. Let’s learn it together.

We have some tough days ahead. All will be well. Good conversations will help us all feel better.

God bless you. - Lin 🙏❤️🇺🇸

ECHO (similar to retweet)
Concerned patriot father of five
21 hours ago
Concernedpatriotfatheroff...

Doesn’t anyone see that what happened Jan 6, eerily similar to what happen to the Reichstag in 1933 when Hitler and the SS burnt the building down but blamed it on the communist? It was done to eliminate their enemy and history is repeating itself, AOC calling for concentration camps, media calling for Trump and his family to be banded from having any voice? Don’t let MSM fool you this all is straight out of the communist and Nazis play book if we don’t wake up history is repeating itself right before our eyes, Hitler was never elected in either his leading Germany should have never happened in the beginning, he had a following but not completely in the beginning.

Good morning!

Does the day seem surreal to you? Do you feel the revelation of truth occurring? Does it confuse you as you struggle to ascertain truth from lies? Are you impatient in wanting answers? Do you know who you can trust?

Do you have an intense desire to see justice done?

Change is difficult, painful, & demanding. The greater the change, the greater are all of those emotions.

Our country and our world are undergoing changes. Big changes.

So stay steady at the helm as you navigate through turbulent waters. It will be worth it when you get to the other side.

Man Who Witnessed Ashli Babbitt Shooting Recounts the Tragedy
A widely circulated video of the shooting of U.S. Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt while in the Capitol was taken by Thom...
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/man-who-witnessed-ashli-babbitt-shooting-recounts-the-tragedy_3649056.html
END QUOTE

Lots of conflicting information about Ashli Babbitt. I think we must wait until there is a full investigation into the Capital incident before reaching any final conclusions. There is a great deal of conflicting evidence & disinformation being published.

I would focus at the moment on the fact that it appears very clear that antifa was the instigator of the conflict, NOT Trump supporters.

I am getting MSM calls asking me if I am going to be arrested for threatening Pence with a firing squad. Such nonsense.

My response:

“I made NO threat. I do not believe in violence. I do believe in the rule of law. I have reliable evidence that Pence has a engaged in acts of treason. My comments were rhetorical hyperbole. Any journalist should understand that concept. If my information is accurate, law enforcement will address what punishment, if any, should be administered to Pence as they do with all criminals.”

I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I would never advocate violence against any person unless necessary in self-defense.

The MSM accusations against me are just that - MSM accusations. And we all know that the members of the MSM are LIARS.

Thank you for your support. You inspire me with your love of God, country, & freedom. 🙏

I hope you will consider listening to my Fireside Chat 7.

God bless you. - Lin 🙏❤️🇺🇸

EMBEDDED PODCAST
Fireside Chat 7 | Lin Wood - Are Americans Reaching Their Boiling Points?
Attorney Lin Wood shares what is inside Hunter Biden’s laptop while asking why the CDC is Calling for Nazi-Style concent...
https://www.thrivetimeshow.com/business-podcasts/fireside-chat-7-lin-wood-why-is-the-cdc-calling-for-nazi-style-concentration-camps-what-is-inside-hunter-bidens-laptop-are-americans-reaching-their-personal-boiling-points-when-are-we/
END EMBEDDED PODCAST

TRUTH. A must watch.

MILITARY INTELIGENCE HAS EXPOSED THE OPERATION TO TAKE OVER THE UNITED STATES GREAT INFORMATION

h ttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g8-tCrgiIC8&feature=youtu.be

(Note from MSK: Fix the space at the beginning to use the URL. But the video is embedded.)

A reliable source informs me that Amazon (AWS) will shut down Parler in next 24-36 hours.

Good idea to get on Clouthub and/or gab ASAP.

These big tech Goliath’s are about get hit with a small, smooth stone. And they will fall hard. In a few days. Patience. Wait on the Lord.

You watch it happen.

This is my authenticated Parler account. My only Parler account.

The account below is a fake account.

image.png

Wikipedia is a fraud. Changes are being made for propaganda purposes.

Ignore it. Soon it will be out of business.

Somebody sure does not want you to hear Fireside Chat 7. Sites being hacked & attacked. Will lost other options. Thanks.

Spotify:

Fireside Chat 7 | Lin Wood - Why is the CDC Calling for Nazi-Style Concentration Camps? What is Insi...
Listen to this episode from Thrivetime Show | Small Business Podcast on Spotify. Attorney Lin Wood shares what is inside...

iHeartRadio:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/867-thrivetime-show-business-s-29327270/episode/fireside-chat-7-lin-wood-76058409/

BE PREPARED FOR AN IMMINENT BLACKOUT.

President Trump will be using be using emergency broadcast system.

We have a man of courage & faith at the helm.

He will be at the helm for 4 more years per the RULE OF LAW.

Pray for President, our country & ALL.

Steady.

Apple is going to do an update on all phones to shut off the emergency broadcast system. This is Nazi Germany 1938

Turn your auto update toggle off.

Vatican Media Live
https://www.vaticannews.va/en.html

image.png

There might be more after this, but it was pretty close to midnight when I stopped.

Anyway, at the moment, Parler is still up, but will soon be offline. And all this will be there when Parler comes back online.

Michael

I know Yaron Brook's opinion carries no weight around here already, but if one needed any more to be disgusted with by him, this would be the nail in the coffin.  I just want this on record, for future generations:

"While far from perfect, I'm still thankful to Twitter, Facebook, Youtube for providing me with a platform to express my ideas and for helping me monetize...And all this, for free.

And this lickspittle from Don Watkins: "gratitude"? Should Ayn Rand have shown "Gratitude" towards Pravda?

"THIS. I'm all for criticizing social media companies for their legitimate flaws--but only if you show gratitude for their virtues and you champion their freedom. Otherwise, cancel your account."

>spit<.

• Like 1

TG,

Don't forget, according George Gilder in Life After Google, the Google business model is Marxist with a small twist.

They start by giving you everything for free (rather than after the revolution), then take everything of value from you that they wish (starting with your data). 

Brook is thankful for the Marxist service he uses because it's free.

Heh...

I doubt Ayn Rand was thankful for the schooling and stuff she got when the communists took over in Russia because it was free.

With that one comment, Brook showed he never truly understood what Ayn Rand was about at the premise level.

Hell, throw Watkins in there, too.

He wants the turkey to be grateful for all the food, shelter and care it got for free at morning in Thanksgiving.

Michael

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Don't forget, according George Gilder in Life After Google, the Google business model is Marxist with a small twist.

Forget? I never heard that. ("Don't be evil." Right?)
But I'm not surprised.

14 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Forget? I never heard that.

TG,

See this post. (Incidentally, you were part of that discussion. :) )

And another:

On 5/29/2020 at 9:15 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

You might be interested to know that all these tech giants, starting with Google, used a Marxist system to get where they are.

That is part of the bait and switch AG Barr is talking about--the root, so to speak.

I wrote about this last year. George Gilder is the one who made it clear to me.

QUOTE:
Life after Google makes the opposing case that what the hyperventilating haruspices Yuval Harari, Nick Bostrom, Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Tim Urban, and Elon Musk see as a world-changing AI juggernaut is in fact an industrial regime at the end of its rope. The crisis of the current order in security, privacy, intellectual property, business strategy, and technology is fundamental and cannot be solved within the current computer and network architecture.

Security is not a benefit or upgrade that can be supplied by adding new layers of passwords, pony-tailed “swat teams,” intrusion detection schemes, anti-virus patches, malware prophylactics, and software retro-fixes. Security is the foundation of all other services and crucial to all financial transactions. It is the most basic and indispensable component of any information technology.

In business, the ability to conduct transactions is not optional. It is the way all economic learning and growth occur. If your product is “free,” it is not a product, and you are not in business, even if you can extort money from so-called advertisers to fund it.

If you do not charge for your software services—if they are “open source”—you can avoid liability for buggy “betas.” You can happily evade the overreach of the Patent Office’s ridiculous seventeen-year protection for minor software advances or “business processes,” like one-click shopping. But don’t pretend that you have customers.

Security is the most crucial part of any system. It enables the machine to possess an initial “state” or ground position and gain economic traction. If security is not integral to an information technology architecture, that architecture must be replaced.

The original distributed Internet architecture sufficed when everything was “free,” as the Internet was not a vehicle for transactions. When all it was doing was displaying Web pages, transmitting emails, running discussion forums and news groups, and hyperlinking academic sites, the Net did not absolutely need a foundation of security. But when the Internet became a forum for monetary transactions, new security regimes became indispensable. EBay led the way by purchasing PayPal, which was not actually an Internet service but an outside party that increased the efficiency of online transactions. Outside parties require customer information to be transmitted across the Web to consummate transactions. Credit card numbers, security codes, expiration dates, and passwords began to flood the Net.

With the ascendancy of Amazon, Apple, and other online emporia early in the twenty-first century, much of the Internet was occupied with transactions, and the industry retreated to the “cloud.” Abandoning the distributed Internet architecture, the leading Silicon Valley entrepreneurs replaced it with centralized and segmented subscription systems, such as Paypal, Amazon, Apple’s iTunes, Facebook, and Google cloud. Uber, Airbnb, and other sequestered “unicorns” followed.

These so-called “walled gardens” might have sufficed if they could have actually been walled off from the rest of the Internet. At Apple, Steve Jobs originally attempted to accomplish such a separation by barring third-party software applications (or “apps”). Amazon has largely succeeded in isolating its own domains and linking to outside third parties such as credit card companies. But these centralized fortresses violated the Coase Theorem of corporate reach. In a famous paper, the Nobel-laureate economist Ronald Coase calculated that a business should internalize transactions only to the point that the costs of finding and contracting with outside parties exceed the inefficiencies incurred by the absence of real prices, internal markets, and economies of scale.6 The concentration of data in walled gardens increases the cost of security. The industry sought safety in centralization. But centralization is not safe.

The company store was not a great advance of capitalism during the era of so-called “robber barons,” and it is no better today when it is dispersed through the cloud, funded through advertising, and combined with a spurious sharing of free goods. Marxism was historically hyperbolic the first time round, and the new Marxism is delusional today. It is time for a new information architecture for a globally distributed economy.

Fortunately, it is on its way.

--------------------

The help on the way that Gilder talks about is blockchain and cryptocurrency.

END QUOTE

This is one of the reasons I am outside of the typical O-Land stance on private companies when talking about Internet tech giants.

The issue is more complex than simply we live in a mixed economy. And there's this. The surveillance state cannot exist without these tech giants.

Michael

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

See this post. (Incidentally, you were part of that discussion. :) )

And another:

Michael

I guess I DID forget it, then! Information overload...(forgive me, it's been a long year!)

Although I just looked at that thread, did not see my name...was it TMJ? Or am I just blind, tonight? (Forgive me, it's been a long night...)

2 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

I just fixed the quote in my post so it's readable. The encryption of IPB does funny things with quotes within quotes.

Michael

I meant I didn't see my name on that thread. But no matter.  I'm going to remember it, this time. :)

50 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

With that one comment, Brook showed he never truly understood what Ayn Rand was about at the premise level.

Hell, throw Watkins in there, too.

I want to be clear that this is more than snark.

I know the mindset because I used to have it. These guys are in "hug a dirty factory chimney" mode because Rand ended an essay with that image and the emotion that comes from it. They see it as the proper Randian form of gratitude.

So they transposed that to the tech giants.

The problem is if they reread Rand's essay, they will see Rand was blasting anti-industrial collectivists and altruists. So they dropped that context.

And if that is not clear, can anybody say the tech giants are anti-industrial collectivists and altruists? No, they are not. 

In the modern context, Zuckerberg, Brin and Page, Dorsey, etc., are the equivalent of power-mongering Third Reich scientists. They have technical expertise and power-lust--the kind that involves violence--in their hearts. 

They haven't fully arrived there yet, but let the virus eugenics they and their crew promote develop to where they want to take it and they will make Hitler's concentration camps look like a walk in the park for those they consider as human livestock.

Can you imagine a newly liberated Jew from the Dachau camp being told to feel gratitude for German farmers and camp architects before they leave because they got their food and shelter for free?

Good God!

With Brook and Watson, they are aping Rand without understanding what they are looking at. (That's an unfortunate booby-trap for the unwary in Objectivism, but it's there.) Like I said, I know this mindset. I've done it plenty. That was before I committed myself to using my own eyes and brain without filter at first sight. Just look and see what something is. Then add the rest. And, if that doesn't make things clear, then go back and forth until it all makes perfect sense.

(Rand would call this checking your premises.)

These guys would vastly improve their thinking if they identified correctly first then evaluated.

But to make it easier to get there, here's an intermediary stage for them.

Identify correctly, then ape Rand.

:evil:  :) 

(All right, all right, that last was snark. :) )

Michael

22 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I want to be clear that this is more than snark.

I know the mindset because I used to have it. These guys are in "hug a dirty factory chimney" mode because Rand ended an essay with that image and the emotion that comes from it. They see it as the proper Randian form of gratitude.

So they transposed that to the tech giants.

The problem is if they reread Rand's essay, they will see Rand was blasting anti-industrial collectivists and altruists. So they dropped that context.

And if that is not clear, can anybody say the tech giants are anti-industrial collectivists and altruists? No, they are not. 

In the modern context, Zuckerberg, Brin and Page, Dorsey, etc., are the equivalent of power-mongering Third Reich scientists. They have technical expertise and power-lust--the kind that involves violence--in their hearts. 

They haven't fully arrived there yet, but let the virus eugenics they and their crew promote develop to where they want to take it and they will make Hitler's concentration camps look like a walk in the park for those they consider as human livestock.

Can you imagine a newly liberated Jew from the Dachau camp being told to feel gratitude for German farmers and camp architects before they leave because they got their food and shelter for free?

Good God!

With Brook and Watson, they are aping Rand without understanding what they are looking at. (That's an unfortunate booby-trap for the unwary in Objectivism, but it's there.) Like I said, I know this mindset. I've done it plenty. That was before I committed myself to using my own eyes and brain without filter at first sight. Just look and see what something is. Then add the rest. And, if that doesn't make things clear, then go back and forth until it all makes perfect sense.

(Rand would call this checking your premises.)

These guys would vastly improve their thinking if they identified correctly first then evaluated.

But to make it easier to get there, here's an intermediary stage for them.

Identify correctly, then ape Rand.

:evil:  :) 

(All right, all right, that last was snark. :) )

Michael

Yours is a more benevolent view than mine, but my suspicions about them are just that, suspicions.

That said, it's as if they think they're praising Hugh Akston, but they're really praising Robert Stadler. Whatever brilliance they may have is overshadowed by their selling out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Not unrelated... cuts to the chase, and to the bone...

TG,

Starting with Robert Bidinotto.

If I'm going to bash one side, I might as well bash the other.

I used to admire that dude. Really admire. A lot. But what a disappointment as I started looking with my eyes and less with my heart. After all, we were friends once, especially when I first appeared on the Objectivist scene after arriving here from Brazil. He also cared for Barbara Branden and she for him. That goes a long, long way with me. It preforgives a lot. I still have some residual pride in him for getting out there and writing some half-decent vigilante thrillers.

But all open-ended accounts turn up one day, as Rand would say, "Account overdrawn." But, to be fair, his dislike of me is probably as big as my current dislike of him.

Amazon-wise, you should have seen the campaign he waged for years against Barnes and Noble. He literally wanted them to go out of business and salivated at the prospect as he sang "holy holy holy" about Amazon. It wasn't sporadic. This was hardcore repetition. Years of it.

I don't know if he is still an Amazon groupie (I imagine he is), but once in a while I see something he writes on social media. Man, does that dude live in a dark place. Lots of pontificating with hatred and contempt as the main subtext.

And, of course, his loathing of Trump is always there no matter what he says to cover it up, especially with principle. He will mention a principle, but then let loose with about thirty adjectives bashing Trump in the ensuing sentences, often with 4 or 5 adjectives (with at least 3 of them redundant) per sentence. :) 

I haven't read him for quite a while, but I imagine he's gloating about what he likely imagines is Trump's demise in the current election situation and tut-tut-tutting about how the world is awful because it isn't principled. But, of course, he is, so, there's hope if the world will ever listen to him. Stupid evil world.

Michael