2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I caught this cartoon on the Interwebs.

It is a perfect depiction growing public awareness of the real trouble in America, and, frankly, the world.

This awareness is what is taking down the Deep State more than anything I know of. We can thank the Internet for that.

image.png

:)

Michael

Ok that was a literal loL..

lots of emphasis on the second L.  

On 1/18/2023 at 8:00 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I don't care what the reasons are.

I think so little of this woman, I don't feel like speculating why.

She is going. Good.

Good riddance.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

... after another election, she is still gone.

This is important to me because there are people I care about in New Zealand (like Kim Dotcom), and there is a quirky Objectivist something-or-other...

(This is not a peace offering to the Solo Passion crowd. But in this moment, I am glad for them. Not even they deserved that witch.)

Michael

This is interesting.

First the gag order.

WWW.BREITBART.COM

Judge Tanya Chutkan sided with prosecutors on Monday to place a gag order on former President Donald Trump in the case related to January 6.

Then the noncompliance.

For those who are paying attention to details, one of the legal reasons Chutkan issued the gag order is that she said Trump's use of the word "thugs" to depict the proceedings is inciting violence.

Notice that in Trump's latest statement after the gag order, he used the word " thugs."

He is daring the court to issue a bench warrant for his arrest.

Michael

The Predator Class HATES this because they hate you. That is, unless you are blindly obedient to their whims.

There are people like this lady who pushed through the bullshit all over America.

And that means the Deep State and other predators are not physically able to get them all to obey. There are many more of them than there are of elitist predators.

What's more, this sentiment is growing.

Michael

What a joy to see this.

Three comments about recent years. Not too long ago:

1. This guy would have been shut down and goons would have thrown him out in the first 30 seconds.

2. Clinton would not have invited him to talk with her and repeated the invitation several times.

3. We would not have been permitted to see something like this in the mainstream press due to censorship.

This is pure Deep State unraveling.

Michael

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Emmer, the Democrat dressed up as a Republican, dropped out of the race for Speaker after being nominated by the backstage Predator Class machine.

And Laura Loomer had a hand in it. Trump Truthed proof from her of Emmer's connection with George Soros and other things toxic to MAGA thinking.

But even more, Laura is not finished.

She is holding people's feet to the fire.

I'm surprised to see some of these names vote for Emmer for nominee behind closed doors.

Man, is Laura an attack dog. I think she is going to make sure Trump stays in line, too, after he gets elected again.

She is a one-woman morality police force for MAGA principles.

Michael

The Deep State can't even keep the ACLU in line anymore. Either that, or hell is freezing over.

The ACLU just sided with Trump.

WWW.NPR.ORG

The ACLU says a judge's gag order against former President Trump restricts too much of his speech on matters of public importance.

Michael

• Smile 1

I'm wondering also how the judge in the civil suit in NYC can issue a gag order without a jury to taint. I have assumed that a legal theory that allows for such orders is based on the notion of trying to stop  putting into the 'press' ideas that may 'inadvertently' make their way to a juror's attention and possibly color their deliberation.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even though this was violent, this was a "sense of life" response in the same sense as in Ayn Rand's final Ayn Rand Letter, "A Last Survey." She was afraid the American sense of life (which, in that essay, she called "the common sense of the American people") was not enough to save America. She trusted this, but also feared.

For this 77 year old lawyer, it was enough. This shooting happened in Panama, but he is an American (born in Panama). 

He got fed up with constant traffic jams on main thoroughfares from protests.

He went to get the tires and stuff off of the road and the protestors goaded him. So he shot two of them dead after being mocked about the gun he pulled.

WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

An American lawyer in Panama has been arrested after he shot two climate protesters who were part of a demonstration blocking a highway.

The very best comment I have seen about this came from Styx:

Does he have to look so much like George Lucas? :) 

Anyway, that is called a sense of life response when all else fails.

And for the Deep State, this is not good news.

This guy is not alone, and he is not the only one with that sense of life, not by a long shot.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Even though this was violent, this was a "sense of life" response in the same sense as in Ayn Rand's final Ayn Rand Letter, "A Last Survey." She was afraid the American sense of life (which, in that essay, she called "the common sense of the American people") was not enough to save America. She trusted this, but also feared.

For this 77 year old lawyer, it was enough. This shooting happened in Panama, but he is an American (born in Panama). 

He got fed up with constant traffic jams on main thoroughfares from protests.

He went to get the tires and stuff off of the road and the protestors goaded him. So he shot two of them dead after being mocked about the gun he pulled.

WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

An American lawyer in Panama has been arrested after he shot two climate protesters who were part of a demonstration blocking a highway.

The very best comment I have seen about this came from Styx:

Does he have to look so much like George Lucas? :) 

Anyway, that is called a sense of life response when all else fails.

And for the Deep State, this is not good news.

This guy is not alone, and he is not the only one with that sense of life, not by a long shot.

Michael

Clearly disproportionate action in reaction to behavior (in the place where the justice of appropriate action should be), which infringes other's individual rights, their most sacred ones, is NOT part of the American sense of life.

Kyle Rittenhouse is a much better example of the American sense of life... self-defense, justice, freedom, and individual rights.

I am disappointed.

7 hours ago, Strictlylogical said:

Clearly disproportionate action in reaction to behavior...

S,

Disproportionate according to what standard and according to whom?

A guy on life-support in an ambulance who cannot get to a hospital in time because there is a demonstration blocking the highway and he can't get there? Is it disproportion action to him? 

I guarantee you, the protestors don't give a damn about a case like that or about any such person. 

And who says "sense of life" has anything to do with legal proportions anyway (or even "eye for an eye" proportions)? When people get fed up with a constant injustice, a tipping point eventually gets reached and some go to war.

That's why I called it a "sense of life" reaction.

btw - Do you know what a "sense of life" is according to Rand? It is not "self-defense, justice, freedom, and individual rights." There is an essay in "The Romantic Manifesto" that deals with this. If you haven't read it, do so. She talks there about normative abstractions.

Refusing to be bullied by people who constantly disrupt public highways and public areas is a sense of life issue. Bowing down and licking the feet of such bullies (before one is forced to) is also a sense of life issue. What feels right depends on one's sense of life.

I agree that an alternative response by the shooter would have been far better since we are no longer in the Wild West. I am not in favor of killing unarmed people, even when they will not take your threat seriously. But in this case, I understand it.

Which is more than I can say for the entitled mentality of the protestors who believe they have the right to disrupt the lives of everyone for their pet cause. These idiots were not asking to be heard like in a normal demonstration that, when it disrupts a road, is over in a few minutes after the protestors go by. These idiots were causing people to sit in their cars under a hot sun for hours out in the middle of nowhere.

Hell, forget the ambulance. What about strokes and heart attacks? Dehydration? 

At least now that these idiots know they can be shot by someone having a bad day, maybe they will think twice before they organize to bully everyone and remove their rights en masse to go and come freely.

My post is more of a warning than a celebration. A boiling point is nigh. But I won't go weasel. My main thinking is peaceful and law-abiding, but part of me loves it when I see bullies get comeuppance as they go down. Part of me felt good to see that guy's reaction. And I don't feel even a slight tingle of guilt for that feeling of pleasure.

Americans in general do not kiss the feet of bullies. They did that in Europe in relation to their respective ruling classes and this is the reason many left centuries ago. People here, in general, feel repugnance when they are called on do that. And when all else fails, when the cops won't take care of nonstop illegal bullying, they go out and solve the problem. When that point is reached, proportions be damned. They get the job done and remove the bullying.

Americans are tolerant until they are not. This tolerance has recently led them to be killed in huge numbers by a bioweapon and poisonous remedy so that very evil people can make money and get more power. (Not to mention stealing elections and all the rest.) Some people see this as a trend they will no longer tolerate. And they connect constant disruptions of their lives in public places as a continuation of a major threat, as a part of the same thing.

What's worse, the justice system is siding with the bullies all the time.

If you are worried about legalities, notice that the shooter did not attempt to flee. He waited and allowed himself to be taken into custody in a peaceful manner.

The protestors were not there legally. There is no law permitting people to disrupt highways. Yet the cops would not remove them.

There is a name in Objectivist thought for all of this. It is called context. We can either deduce reality from a principle in a contextless manner, or we can look at people's actions in context.

I choose the latter.

And speaking of that, what is the principle? Proportionality? Of... what? Being so pissed off about people constantly bullying you that you lose it? What is the right proportion for that? How much bullying is the right amount to demand that people tolerate? Why isn't the bully (or mob of bullies) judged harshly? Why is it only the victims of the bully?

Believe me, this guy would not have shot any person who was in an accident that disrupted the traffic. He shot bullies who were taking his rights away, and had been doing that for a long time, and were mocking him to his face as they did it.

My own sense of life is a hell of a lot closer to his guy than it is to the protestors working openly to enslave everyone.

And if you want to use NIOF, who initiated the force? It was not the shooter. Since when is lashing out at a person or persons who use constant force against you to keep you illegally constrained a violation of NIOF?

As for the dead, as the saying goes, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I would prefer them not to be dead, and I am sincere about that, but in this case, emotionally, my empathy muscle has wandered off somewhere...

Michael

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

S,

Disproportionate according to what standard and according to whom?

A guy on life-support in an ambulance who cannot get to a hospital in time because there is a demonstration blocking the highway and he can't get there? Is it disproportion action to him? 

I guarantee you, the protestors don't give a damn about a case like that or about any such person. 

And who says "sense of life" has anything to do with legal proportions anyway (or even "eye for an eye" proportions)? When people get fed up with a constant injustice, a tipping point eventually gets reached and some go to war.

That's why I called it a "sense of life" reaction.

btw - Do you know what a "sense of life" is according to Rand? It is not "self-defense, justice, freedom, and individual rights." There is an essay in "The Romantic Manifesto" that deals with this. If you haven't read it, do so. She talks there about normative abstractions.

Refusing to be bullied by people who constantly disrupt public highways and public areas is a sense of life issue. Bowing down and licking the feet of such bullies (before one is forced to) is also a sense of life issue. What feels right depends on one's sense of life.

I agree that an alternative response by the shooter would have been far better since we are no longer in the Wild West. I am not in favor of killing unarmed people, even when they will not take your threat seriously. But in this case, I understand it.

Which is more than I can say for the entitled mentality of the protestors who believe they have the right to disrupt the lives of everyone for their pet cause. These idiots were not asking to be heard like in a normal demonstration that, when it disrupts a road, is over in a few minutes after the protestors go by. These idiots were causing people to sit in their cars under a hot sun for hours out in the middle of nowhere.

Hell, forget the ambulance. What about strokes and heart attacks? Dehydration? 

At least now that these idiots know they can be shot by someone having a bad day, maybe they will think twice before they organize to bully everyone and remove their rights en masse to go and come freely.

My post is more of a warning than a celebration. A boiling point is nigh. But I won't go weasel. My main thinking is peaceful and law-abiding, but part of me loves it when I see bullies get comeuppance as they go down. Part of me felt good to see that guy's reaction. And I don't feel even a slight tingle of guilt for that feeling of pleasure.

Americans in general do not kiss the feet of bullies. They did that in Europe in relation to their respective ruling classes and this is the reason many left centuries ago. People here, in general, feel repugnance when they are called on do that. And when all else fails, when the cops won't take care of nonstop illegal bullying, they go out and solve the problem. When that point is reached, proportions be damned. They get the job done and remove the bullying.

Americans are tolerant until they are not. This tolerance has recently led them to be killed in huge numbers by a bioweapon and poisonous remedy so that very evil people can make money and get more power. (Not to mention stealing elections and all the rest.) Some people see this as a trend they will no longer tolerate. And they connect constant disruptions of their lives in public places as a continuation of a major threat, as a part of the same thing.

What's worse, the justice system is siding with the bullies all the time.

If you are worried about legalities, notice that the shooter did not attempt to flee. He waited and allowed himself to be taken into custody in a peaceful manner.

The protestors were not there legally. There is no law permitting people to disrupt highways. Yet the cops would not remove them.

There is a name in Objectivist thought for all of this. It is called context. We can either deduce reality from a principle in a contextless manner, or we can look at people's actions in context.

I choose the latter.

And speaking of that, what is the principle? Proportionality? Of... what? Being so pissed off about people constantly bullying you that you lose it? What is the right proportion for that? How much bullying is the right amount to demand that people tolerate? Why isn't the bully (or mob of bullies) judged harshly? Why is it only the victims of the bully?

Believe me, this guy would not have shot any person who was in an accident that disrupted the traffic. He shot bullies who were taking his rights away, and had been doing that for a long time, and were mocking him to his face as they did it.

My own sense of life is a hell of a lot closer to his guy than it is to the protestors working openly to enslave everyone.

And if you want to use NIOF, who initiated the force? It was not the shooter. Since when is lashing out at a person or persons who use constant force against you to keep you illegally constrained a violation of NIOF?

As for the dead, as the saying goes, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I would prefer them not to be dead, and I am sincere about that, but in this case, emotionally, my empathy muscle has wandered off somewhere...

Michael

Disproportionate... as in the common sense "way out of line".  I'm not talking about legality or technicality but as common sense human decency, a sense of morality, a sense of justice, and a sense of humanity... which always were and still are part of the American sense of life.  

BTW:  I am familiar with the sense of life piece I read it.

Choosing to act with restraint rather than from emotion and choosing actions which are measured rather than insanely over the top is not at base related to the choosing between obedience and independence... a civilized, balanced, moral, and just response is no less independent, but in fact relies on an extraordinary level of it.  The leash of emotional dependence has loops at both ends too.

You speak of context as though it is an excuse of a person "losing it"... where in the American sense of life is "loosing it" to the point of killing your fellow citizens with whom you disagree?

LOL... your NOIF discussion is laughable.  SO lets just go ahead and kill anyone who initiates any kind of nonlethal force or fraud if they do it repeatedly, if you are annoyed, and lose it... 

In context, there was no emergency, the person was not acting in self defence, the response in context of shooting people down in cold blood, although something many famous american criminals have done in the past...  is, in my opinion, unamerican.

Dismiss the Founding fathers all you want, but their sense of goodness and freedom go hand in hand, and I would take the eloquence of Washington or Jefferson or better yet John Adams, as exemplifying the spirit of America more than any thug who can't control his temper and kills people in a moment of irresponsible evil.

I'm more disappointed.

S,

I don't function at the peer pressure level.

If you don't want to understand what I am talking about, I'm fine with that.

If you want to disagree, I'm fine with that.

If you want to mischaracterize what I am saying so you float caricatures, laugh and tsk tsk tsk, may I suggest sticking to an in-crowd when that itch hits you? 

I expect a little more brains and a little less peer pressure bullshit for me to stay interested.

btw - You might want to notice that every one of the Founding Fathers bore arms and used them. Nah... Maybe you don't want to notice that...

Try cancel culture or something. Who knows? You might do well at it.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

As an addition to my thoughts, I remember reading a book a long time ago where a lady shot a man dead in cold blood in a situation similar to the old lawyer above.

The lady's name was Dagny Taggart, the man she killed was a guard and the reason she shot him dead in cold blood is because he would not choose to get out of her way. He was blocking her. The name of the book was Atlas Shrugged.

People don't have to like it that this exists, but it does. And the parallel is there.

In both cases, it was a sense of life issue.

Michael

This is exactly what I was talking about.

Here is the full quote by Solzhenitsyn without needing to go elsewhere.

Text of the X post:

I'm not condoning this man's actions, but this incident reminds me of a haunting quote attributed to the Soviet dissident Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, author of The Gulag Archipelago:

"The most terrifying force of death comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left alone. 

They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love.

They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over.

The moment the Men who wanted to be left alone are forced to fight back, it is a form of suicide. They are literally killing off who they used to be. 

Which is why, when forced to take up violence, these Men who wanted to be left alone, fight with unholy vengeance against those who murdered their former lives. They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror. 

TRUE TERROR will arrive at these people's door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy... but it will fall upon the deaf ears of the Men who just wanted to be left alone."

One does not change social reality by ignoring the parts they don't want to think about.

It exists.

And ignoring it is nothing but wishing.

Ayn Rand in "The Objectivist Ethics": "The irrational is the impossible; it is that which contradicts the facts of reality; facts cannot be altered by a wish, but they can destroy the wisher."

Note how the quote by Solzhenitsyn also applies to Dagny killing the guard.

Michael

Salty gets it.

When you illegally detain people, when you destroy masterpieces in museums, when you work to destroy people's property and freedom, when you keep mindlessly obeying the orders of puppetmasters (who stay safe a long way from the front lines), in the name of a made-up theory (climate change) or some other kind of bullshit, you will push some people to shoot your ass. Or run you over.

The name for that "you" is useful idiot.

When you do that, you show that you don't get it that the puppetmasters want you to die so they can do propaganda with it. 

That bears repeating. They want you to be useful idiots and die. They want the public to think your deaths is an outrage so the public can be useful idiots, too.

That way the puppetmasters get more power and they can go to the moon killing people. Enter our old friend called endless war for profit. (These days, they even feed children lots of manipulation and drugs until they go nuts and shoot up schools.)

Some see this. Some don't. Empowering dictators is not a simple matter of opinion. Dictators and authoritarians (if they can get the power) kill people in gobs. 

Promote dictators if you want. But peacefully. When useful idiots use a constant encroachment of force on peaceful citizens to promote dictators, this is evil in the purest sense of the word. It's sweet poison. The sugar coating makes it taste sweet, but it is toxic.

If anyone wants to see the psychology behind snapping, this book is an excellent place to start: Why We Snap: Understanding the Rage Circuit in Your Brain by Douglas Fields.

There are several neurons on the hippocampus that can get metaphorically cooked like in a pressure cooker with constant bombardment of a dilemma. Or a contradiction, so to speak. (Or a sudden threat, too.) When the boiling point gets reached, a person snaps and commits violence.

If you want to see this snap reaction proven at the cell level, there are lab tests where they run fiber optic threads through a rat's brain until each thread ends at one of these neurons. (The poor rats look like they have whiskers growing out of the top of their skulls.) When they send signals through the threads and stop, on off on off, they get the rats to instantly turn rage on and off like a robot.

Those neurons are the start of the rage circuits.

The obvious rage circuit deals with immediate threat. But one of these circuits starts cooking when social rules are constantly infringed. The person thinks, "That guy (or those people) constantly get to break the rules whereas I have to obey them." When the tipping point comes, the snap happens and violence ensues.

Don't think the puppetmasters are unaware of this. They are aware. And they are feeding useful idiot protestors right into a killing zone they set up and manipulate based on these rage circuits. 

Or one can blank out these realities and pretend to be morally superior from the safety behind a computer monitor in a floating abstraction kind of way.

That's how we get idiocies like bombing Israeli citizens with low capacity bombs for years is a moral inconvenience whereas killing the bombers who hide behind civilians is a "disproportionate" moral crime because the human shields get killed, too.

Once that idiocy is part of the zeitgeist, you can fly armed thugs into Israel to go on a killing spree of women and children and know that, in the end, you can get the public to blame Israel for a "disproportionate" response.

And the Israelis, the civilian men, women and children, who die in these initial attacks? What about them? Oh... just blank them out. They don't count because they don't fit ideological theories and propaganda.

Notice how easy it is to get people to blank them out with window dressing. Then the useful idiots treat a harsh reaction as if it were an uncaused whim and claim they have to put a stop to it because it is "disproportionate."

What a crock. 

Others can think like this.

I will not.

Michael

James Woods sees it.

"... shoots this savage..."

I ain't backing down on this.

This is what the beginning of a Civil War looks like.

Either people start seeing the Silent Majority and taking them into account, or the Silent Majority will make themselves be seen. Not as a collective, but individual by individual.

And, in my view, such potential the Silent Majority individual are not the immoral ones.

Once again, it's a sense of life issue at this point.

I hope it does not grow into an organized revolt issue, but, with the way the Predator Class keeps pushing and the way people keep appeasing its encroachments on the Bill of Rights and use of violence, I don't see this trajectory moving in a different direction.

Hopefully, the 2024 election will stop this trend before open war breaks out.

Michael

On 11/10/2023 at 11:33 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

S,

I don't function at the peer pressure level.

If you don't want to understand what I am talking about, I'm fine with that.

If you want to disagree, I'm fine with that.

If you want to mischaracterize what I am saying so you float caricatures, laugh and tsk tsk tsk, may I suggest sticking to an in-crowd when that itch hits you? 

I expect a little more brains and a little less peer pressure bullshit for me to stay interested.

btw - You might want to notice that every one of the Founding Fathers bore arms and used them. Nah... Maybe you don't want to notice that...

Try cancel culture or something. Who knows? You might do well at it.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

We disagree at a deep level. 

I completely understand, and I know that having a conversation in such a case ... to some... will feel like the other is trying to pressure them or somehow just doesn't get it (because of course you're right and the other is wrong).

I get it.

Yet, I do not agree.

There are endless ways one could chose to react to someone else's disappointment and differing opinion.  You have made your choice above and you sure have made it clear.

Message heard, know that I now completely understand, and accordingly disengage,

and notwithstanding my choice not to engage any further, all should know my silence is not an indication of agreement.