Elon Musk and Twitter

Whiney bitching from the butt-hurt.

The backlash.

Twitter has interfered in elections?!!!

So sayeth Elon Musk. And he has the receipts to prove it.

Now there is whiney bitching from the butt-hurt all over the Internet, the fake news media, and boardrooms and backrooms all over the damned place.

And not just about Twitter.

Talk about a Molotov cocktail thrown into the pilothouse of the predator class machine.

If they use this to crucify Elon, they admit to wrongdoing. If they stay silent, they know Elon is getting ready to expose them. And if they assassinate Elon, the whole world will come down on them--even the intelligence services will not be able to help them since they will be scrambling to cover their own asses.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

:) 

Just think about next year when there will be congressional investigations all over the place. They will undoubtedly investigate this. And based on what Twitter gives them, does anyone doubt they will start looking at other tech giants?

Hmmmmmm?

Michael

Is Elon an American citizen? I got this in my email. Peter

From RR, or Ready for Desantis.

Friend,

Our movement to draft Ron DeSantis for President in 2024 is growing by leaps and bounds – we just reached over 100,000 Americans. Join the effort and make a grassroots contribution today.

And, over the holiday weekend, Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk announced that he’s Ready for Ron!

Here goes the start of the whirlwind.

Or better:

I'll try to make this more reader friendly later.

It look like there is going to be a shitload of material, so I want to see if I can simplify the work according to the patterns that emerge.

Hang on, people...

Michael

EDIT:

Here's a well-formatted way I like:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.PIRATEWIRES.COM

we fixed the difficult-to-read text screenshots and embedded all the tweets in order—read it from start to finish here

btw - A pop-up appears asking you to subscribe, but there is a link inviting you to read it first. If you click that link you do not have to subscribe.

• Upvote 1

Since there is so much stuff, here is an article from the Daily Mail. It's a long read, but shorter than going into all those tweets.

Even if it is not fully accurate (the Daily Mail rarely is), it looks like a good place to start if time is an issue.

Elon Musk reveals Democrats lawmakers blasted Twitter for failing to censor MORE content after New York Post Hunter Biden laptop scandal - with lawmakers claiming 'free speech isn't absolute'

65188493-0-image-a-14_1670018993294.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Twitter CEO Elon Musk has promised that: 'What happened with the Hunter Biden story suppression by Twitter will be published on Twitter at 5pm ET!'

And here are the tweets without the noise on the Thread Reader.

1598822959866683394.jpg
THREADREADERAPP.COM

@mtaibbi: 1. Thread: THE TWITTER FILES 2. What you’re about to read is the first installment in a series, based upon thousands of internal documents obtained by sources at Twitter. 3. The “Twitter Files” tell...

Michael

• Upvote 1

This video between James Woods and Tucker Carlson is a keeper.

Tucker Carlson Discusses the Twitter Political Censorship and Targeting with James Woods

James-Woods-Twitter-1.jpg
THECONSERVATIVETREEHOUSE.COM

A former target of the Twitter speech police, actor James Woods, calls in to the Tucker Carlson broadcast tonight after the release of the Twitter files. {Direct Rumble Link} Mr. Woods gives his first reaction to...

A former target of the Twitter speech police, actor James Woods, calls in to the Tucker Carlson broadcast tonight after the release of the Twitter files.

Mr. Woods gives his first reaction to discovering the Biden campaign and government employees had access to Twitter for content removal.  Mr. Woods states he intends to sue the DNC and Biden Campaign for his personal targeting as outlined by the Twitter document release

It's unclear to me whether James called in or Tucker's people called him. It sounds like on the interview that he walked in the door and Tucker's people were already on the phone.

James said he learned he was on a target list just today and was talking off the cuff to Tucker. But he is livid he doesn't get calls to act anymore and he is going for the big-ass class action suit.

I have a feeling he is going to make some woke assholes feel a lot more pain than butthurt.

Here's a direct link to the video.

Amazing interview.

Michael

• Thanks 1

A side-topic to consider (because this may be important to examine in the future), re: Form and function in relation to the Twitter expose, and how it relates to the topic often discussed here of persuasion and "story wars" (and I'll cross-post this to "The Story Wars of Hot Political Issues" thread, as well):

A fellow who briefly posted here for a bit, anarchist Billy Beck, has been arm-chair quarterbacking the release of this story in drips via "tweets", ripping apart Elon Musk as a fool who is "blowing it" and Matt Taibi as unnecessary to it. Saying that it should have been in an "adult written long format", say on Substack, instead of 280-character tweets, and all at once, not broken up ("I don't want a 'can of worms' opened up, I want 'a barrel of snakes'"...Basically, everyone is stupid in this but him.

And so on, etc, etc, etc...make of his manner what you will, but that is not the point in posting those. That said, in those tweets, he does bring up an interesting question about form and function: In response to Ian Miles Chong's praise for all this, he replied:

He then makes the comparison between this and the release of The Pentagon Papers:

(For reference:)

640px-Dissident_Activities_in_Indochina.
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

I'm personally not fond of Beck's hubris in his responses, and it's a hell of a thing to criticize from the sidelines in his way without the benefit of knowing at least WHY they are doing it this way (and expecting everyone to listen to HIM as he insults them as incompetent clowns and such; talk about someone who doesn't get the ideas that MSK talks about re persuasion and "Story wars". But the "form and function" aspect of it, I think, is a good question to look at. I don't know if outsiders can accurately assess what the best way to do this without that benefit of what's going on behind-the-scenes, but perhaps there is substance to Beck's criticisms. That said, in regards to comparison to The Pentagon Papers being published by the NYT's and Washington Post: Would that have worked, today, with the Twitter story? Would they have even published it?  Or would they just "shoot the messenger"? (Figuratively, or literally, even?) Aren't they part of the problem, in this, with the government being involved in censorship? Beck may be breaking one of the "33 Strategies of War": "Do not fight the  the last war":

Do Not Fight the Last War: The Guerrilla-War-of-the-Mind Strategy

• What most often weighs you down and brings you misery is the past, in the form of unnecessary attachments, repetitions of tired formulas, and the memory of old victories and defeats. You must consciously wage war against the past and force yourself to react to the present moment.
  • Never take it for granted that your past successes will continue into the future.
5ee51fcde4be3a335a947f13_the-33-strategi
WWW.GRAHAMMANN.NET

Detailed notes and summary of The 33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene. An in-depth look at timeless strategies from war that can be...

So, for now, we might not be able to assess how this should have been done, given that most of us are not privy to behind-the-scenes info that might have necessitated this. Musk has been compared to a "trickster", sometimes favorable, other times, as with Beck, disparagingly. But maybe it's a good thing, since the Deep State has learned from their defeats and adapted new tactics, necessitating that its opponents do the same. And the Twitter forum itself plays into the question of form-vs.-function. If the major outlets are in bed with the government, Twitter, now owned by the whistle-blowers, would seem the obvious choice, and the 280-character limitation is just the price to be paid for that. (One can make the case for a more "adult long form format" all they want, but what good is it if the platforms to host it are under control of the Deep State? Whose to say that SubStack wouldn't have censored the story at the behest of the Biden adminstration-OH, wait:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
GREENWALD.SUBSTACK.COM

This new political battle does not break down along left v. right lines. This is an information war waged by corporate media to silence any...

(Well, then; maybe Beck should check his own strategies before condemning everyone else as the "stoopid people"...)

But still...once the smoke clears, we can probably assess these questions about strategy better, especially from a persuasion/"Story wars" perspective. For now, "A is A", and we get what we get, and we'll have to make due with what we got...

(And, of course, the BIG QUESTION: What will be done with what we get, after the smoke clears? The information is out there, regardless. So, if nothing of substance comes out of this, will it even matter what platform/form was used?)

51 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

... perhaps there is substance to Beck's criticisms.

TG,

I like Billy Beck, but his bitching has no substance at all.

None.

It's odd hearing him bitch like this with him being an ancap and all.

What happened? Does he no longer believe in private property? Why? Because he wants to be an "adult"? 

Dayaam!

Since when did this guy become a finger-wagging liberal?

For those who don't see it, here's the fundamental issue if you believe in fundamental principles.

Elon Musk does not own Substack. He does not own The Washington Post or The New York Times.

He owns Twitter and he can release messages on Twitter--about Twitter at that--any damn way he pleases. He paid for that right.

And, as a chaser, how is material presented on Twitter?

Easy.

In tweets.

Duh...

Let's dig a bit deeper, too. How about ginning up massive interest by drip-feeding expectations and information? Isn't it odd that Beck blanks that out, too, seeing how he works in entertainment? After all, that's the oldest trick in the book.

If you want audience, whet people's appetite.

Online, James O'Keefe and Project Veritas uses that form constantly. Had they not used that form, their exposés would have been buried under a ton of fake news media shit.

Is that the only reason they used the drip-drip-drip form?

Hell yes.

It works.

And how about this for clueless? NYT back during the Pentagon Papers days was against authoritarianism. Now the NYT is the biggest shill for authoritarianism in media. They are Pravda all jazzed up and with some limpid lip service to freedom as a smokescreen.

I could go on and on, but, for as much as I like Billy, I don't see his bitching as a force in the culture, not even on Twitter. 

Maybe he has a bug up his ass about Matt Taibbi and is pissed Matt got the prize?

I don't know. Whatever.

Leave it to say he's wrong on this one. About as wrong and wrong can be.

As a consolation prize, guess who will do long-form content about these releases?

Other journalists.

Book authors.

Bloggers.

Anyone who wants to write about it in public.

Duh...  

And, of course, the promised land just opened bumper crop-style for lawyers and their long-form content. 

Michael

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Since when did this guy become a finger-wagging liberal?

Well, to be fair, he's hardly THAT; I think he's sincerely concerned, and wants it to be done right in order to DESTROY the liberals.

But, with THAT said:

It's odd hearing him bitch like this with him being an ancap and all.

What happened? Does he no longer believe in private property?

Well, to be fair to YOU, I did see him say stuff on Twitter, TO the Twitter owners, like "shut up and do what I tell you", and, in reaction to the "freedom of speech/freedom of reach" bit, and Musk's call for Twitter to be a place for civil discourse, said that people should be allowed to arrange duels on Twitter if they want. So, yeah, I don't know how to explain that...

Let's dig a bit deeper, too. How about ginning up massive interest by drip-feeding expectations and information? Isn't it odd that Beck blanks that out, too, seeing how he works in entertainment? After all, that's the oldest trick in the book.

I've seen Beck say things about this...when he's playing his guitar, he's "playing", but when he's reading, he's NOT, so I guess it's compartmentalized. He's also made a regular habit of putting down fiction in favor of history, even going so far as to suggest that people who read fiction/sci-fi/fantasy are neurotic, so there's that. (And don't get him started on the use of metaphors, which he seeks to stamp out at every turn, it seems...which reminds me, I seriously need to get back to that Metaphors We Live By book)

But I don't want to make this too much about Beck himself, so, on that, I'll suggest that those tweets are more useful as an example of the issue of presenting information via straight-ahead facts vs. "story wars" and persuasion tactics, and the benefits and hazards of this duality. (Who did he persuade with those tweets? Or, by trying to present himself as superior, did he just alienate others who might otherwise agree with him? Maybe, since he's been saying that he's not in this to make friends, so...good job, because you're not!) Some people might go too far with the story and delve into abusive  Orwellian propaganda, facts be damned, as with the left, whereas those who just rely on "just the facts, ma'am" are missing a crucial component, and perhaps even ignoring psychology.

And that's what I find interesting about what Musk and Taibi are doing right now, "playing" with the two, so to speak.

43 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

(And don't get him started on the use of metaphors, which he seeks to stamp out at every turn, it seems...) And I don't want to make this too much about Beck himself, so, on that, I'll suggest that this is more useful as an example of presenting information via straight-ahead facts vs. "story wars" and persuasion tactics, and the benefits and hazards of this duality.

TG.

Communicating with other humans in the manner the human brain works is simply communicating competently.

Denying human nature for communicating is communicating incompetently.

Persuasion is just one form of communicating.

(If you want to look deeper and smile, think of this. Every time Billy snarks at a tweet, is he being objective only? Or is he telling a story? Antagonist. Protagonist. Conflict. Theme. Shall I go on? :) )

Here's a fact presented by Angus Fletcher, the story neuroscientist. There are two kinds of neurons in the brain, those that deal with abstractions and those that deal with muscles. Story arises from those that deal with muscles.

This is a long discussion and Angus talked about it openly and clearly in an interview--I have to find that one again to give you a link--and to my shame I did not take notes. But in his interviews, he mostly hints at it--or drops tidbits about it. Next year he is coming out with a book called Storythinking and I believe he will delve into this a lot deeper.

Metaphor is one mechanism the brain has evolved to connect the two types of neurons for processing abstract information (math, grammar, abstractions in general) and action information (causality, story).

This duality is not a matter of choice.

It's physical.

That's not even mentioning other brain characteristics like evolved modules, the left-right brain formation, neurochemicals, and other stuff. 

We can wish humans could fly with wings, but humans don't have wings. Humans had to accept that (Law of Identity), otherwise, they never would have learned how to fly.

Ahh... I can't resist. You're supposed to leave a metaphorical statement dangling so the audience can do their own thinking with it, but this one is too apt.

Maybe it's a weakness of some sort left over from my former addictions, but here goes.

We can wish the human brain were different and spend our time snarking in frustration through tweets, or we can accept the human brain as it exists, learn how to work with it, and thus learn how to buy Twitter and use it to change the world.

Michael

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

(If you want to look deeper and smile, think of this. Every time Billy snarks at a tweet, is he being objective only? Or is he telling a story? Antagonist. Protagonist. Conflict. Theme. Shall I go on? :) )

Now that's irony...(pay attention, Alanis Morrisette...)
Everything That’s Not Ironic in Alanis Morissette’s Hit Song '"Ironic"

128349415_3056455814581744_6491970307088
THEPOPBLOGPH.COM

Yes, Alanis Morrissette's Ironic is far from being an irony. This article states that it might be more or a paradox instead.

Trump weighs in.

image.png

So, with the revelation of MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION in working closely with Big Tech Companies, the DNC, & the Democrat Party, do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution. Our great “Founders” did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!

He's right.

Is there any doubt this seed will grow?

It is now planted in the most fertile ground in history after two years of the Biden trainwreck and the midterms frauds.

Michael

25 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Now that's irony...(pay attention, Alanis Morrisette...)
Everything That’s Not Ironic in Alanis Morissette’s Hit Song '"Ironic"

TG,

Just a passing comment, but I didn't notice something about Alanis before. I always used to think she was a sour bitch based on that song "You Oughta Know." That was my introduction to her because it was the favorite song of a girl I was hitting on in NA back in my NA days in Brazil. And yes, I oughta have known. :)  So I always stayed away from Alanis.

But it occurred to me watching the video of "Ironic" that Alanis is a female Peter Pan. She never grew up. Her joy and her tantrums are those of a little girl.

If only I had known, I would have done things differently and ended up with the NA chick. That means I probably would have died before long.

Never ever date someone if they are in the same 12 step group you are in... I know that one the hard way... 

How's that for thread drift?

Michael

• Smile 1

Elon did a call in to a Spaces group from his plane. Kim Dotcom seemed to be the moderator,

Here is the Twitter link.

Note, Elon joins at 1:02:50.

And here is the YouTube video.

I don't know if the YouTube video will stay up, but since Kim posted it, here it is.

The sound connection is shit at times.

But Elon was like Trump.

He did not shy away from anything or anyone.

And he seems to be sincerely interested in free speech.

Michael

8 hours ago, Marc said:

Now will this get in the Courts and through the Courts ( who know although we get sworn in next month).

But it is proof nonetheless 

I wish . . . but I keep hearing the X-Files theme song. Do do do do, do do do do.  

• Upvote 1

Does anyone see the irony here?

Elon Says He Wanted To “Punch Kanye” After Posting Swastika

muskye.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

In Elon Musk’s most recent Twitter Space, Musk shared how he felt about Ye’s recent Twitter ban. The usually calm and collected Musk let out a rare burst of raw emotion and shared he wanted to hurt “Kanye”...

Elon banned Ye for "inciting violence." But all Ye did was post a logo. Then Elon said he wanted to punch Ye for posting that logo. 

Elon made it worse, too. He said the fact that he wanted to punch Ye for posting the logo is proof Ye was inciting violence.

You can't make this up.

Ah, to be rich and not give a fuck...

I still think he banned Ye for letting others who were banned use his (Ye's) account to tweet. 

Michael

3 hours ago, Peter said:

The Net is already reporting Trump will end the U.S. Constitution. 

Peter,

Fake news.

Right here on this very thread I posted Trump's own words. And you even quoted from the post.

But I'm happy to repeat.

13 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Trump weighs in.

image.png

He's right.

Is there any doubt this seed will grow?

It is now planted in the most fertile ground in history after two years of the Biden trainwreck and the midterms frauds.

Where does it say Trump will end the Constitution?

He's saying a fraudster does not have a right under the Constitution to the fruits of his fraud. And since that did happen and it is being proven, a remedy needs to happen.

Trump is saying the government cannot be ruled by a criminal who committed proven massive fraud to gain the seat to rule and be considered valid.

And he gave two alterative suggestions for remedy since a proven crime, rather than a valid election, took place. Either swear him--the winner--in and remove the criminal, or redo the election.

He's saying the laws that provided the legal structure that was used to commit the proven massive fraud cannot be the legal justification for maintaining the fraud. The "termination" he mentioned refers to that. Not to the continuity of the government. 

He's not saying end the Constitution. He's saying the Constitution was overturned with this fraud. And he's saying to return to the Constitution to continue.

(Apropos, there is precedent for this. Look what Abraham Lincoln did during the Civil War. Some things were in direct violation of the Constitution, but after the crisis passed, the Constitution was returned to. And if people don't like the term "criminal" for Biden, how about "coup leader" or "enemy of the state" or "traitor"?) 

It's like if I sign a contract with you to murder, say... (well, we don't need to get into that, right? :) ). And I take your money, but I don't commit the murder. You can't sue me for breach of contract.

The very fact that we were negotiating a crime means contract law does not apply to our contract, even if it is drawn up in proper legal language, notarized and everything. If your lawsuit maintains that contract law does apply, whatever laws mentioned will be terminated as standing for your lawsuit. 

Those laws will not be terminated from the books. They will be terminated as grounds for your specific case.

That's the reasoning.

And, I believe, that's what most people understand.

You can bend laws to commit a crime, and you can bend laws to muddy due process, but you can't justify as legal a proven crime by referring to the same laws that condemn it.

But try to get that through to the birdbrains in the fake news media. It's wasted effort...

Michael

• Upvote 1