Elon Musk and Twitter

Holy shit.

I love it.

Elon scored big again.

You can't see it on the embed, but here's the deal.

For the longest time, there has been a propaganda bullying control element exercised by big tech where a news article or opinion piece get a notice placed below it that wags a tut-tut-tutting finger at the content and links to the predator class party view.

Elon flipped that upside down. He took a predator class party propaganda piece dressed up as an official-looking credible-looking article from the predator class and allowed the users to tut-tut-tut and finger-wag at it.

Here's what the screenshot looks like:

image.png

If you can't read the tut-tut-tut finger-wag because it's too small, here is what it says (and I have added the full links the users added to the truncated version).

Readers added context they thought people might want to know

FTX in their Bankruptcy Filing said that failure was mainly: Poor record keeping, no cash management system, over 1.5b in loans to execs including SBF, Corporate funds were used to purchase personal use real estate and more.  
twitter.com/GRDecter/statu…
pacer-documents.s3.amazonaws.com/33/188450/0420…

Do you find this helpful?

Rate it

Context is written by people who use Twitter, and appears when rated helpful by others.  Find out more.

Elon essentially removed this particular narrative-molding propaganda tool from the predator class and is using it on the propagandists.

Boom.

Boomerang right in the mouth.

I'm sure Elon has some druthers that are not in line with what the majority of Twitter users think, but his standard for messing with content has moved from "anointed censor" to "what the public thinks." 

I don't believe so many smart people in the world missed this in social media, but they did. Elon saw this opportunity and is starting to use Twitter like the old school press used to work. You know, from the time when the rule of thumb for business was "the customer is always right."

Did you notice? That standard is the same one the social media giants used to use to to become giants in the first place. Once big, they turned into control freak assholes, but that's a different story.

Nobody in Big Silicon Valley was using this standard anymore. So Elon picked it up like free money on the table and got to work.

And he's getting a huge audience spike because of it.

Michael

• Thanks 1

Somebody's gotta mention this I suppose, but I ain't linking.

If you're interested, find your own friggin' links.

:)

A couple-a-three days ago, CBS puffed up all its virtue-signaling feathers, made a mighty gesture and stormed off Twitter.

The public?

A chuckle here and there but I think most people were too bored to even yawn. Nobody cared. This was for real. Nobody cared.

Not long after, CBS haughtily came back to Twitter as if they were relevant and this would be big news.

The public?

A big honking yawn when they even noticed.

Now CBS, in panic, has determined that the Hunter Biden laptop story is real.

Good God. Does it have to be that obvious?

I'm thinking of the trombone downward sound used in cartoons for a fizzle.

Wah wah wah wah waaaaaaaaahhh...

Michael

• Upvote 1

I doubt they can drive much traffic through their own website and broadcast TV is on it's last legs, they probably weren't getting any eyes/clicks without going through Twitter.

Now that they put the laptop 'story' out , I bet Adam Schiff is going to be featured in more of their shit, he started distancing himself from Biden via the administration's stance on the Royal house Of Saud.

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I'm sure Elon has some druthers that are not in line with what the majority of Twitter users think, but his standard for messing with content has moved from "anointed censor" to "what the public thinks." 

FWIW, Alex Epstein and Yaron Brook are doing their own "tut-tutting" and 'finger-wagging" over Elon Musk's  "Vox Populi, Vox Dei" approach...apparently, his "reinstate Trump" poll is akin to making Socrates drink the hemlock...

Putting aside the hyperbole, it's a fair enough criticism, if one is taking Musk at surface level. But, funny enough, someone, in the comments on Epstein's tweet, quoted the full context of that phrase:

"Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit."

"and those people should not be listened to who keep saying, the voice of the people is the voice of God, since the riotousness of the crowd is very close to madness (Alcuin, in a letter to Charlemagne)"

As someone clarified:

"As many have pointed out, the phrase 'vox populi, vox dei"'comes from a quote rejecting the idea that the people's voice is the voice of god."

I don't know if Musk was aware of that, but if he was, then, a nice little intentional irony on his part. (And he is turning out to be a wascally kind of wabbit, ain't he? So I can see him playing with that kind of irony.)

He seem nice, and not threatening at all...

EU Warns Elon Musk: We ‘Control’ Censorship – ‘Hate Speech Is Over’

A top European Union official has warned Elon Musk that his efforts to end censorship on Twitter will be futile because the EU supposedly “controls” online content and the bloc has decided that “hate speech is over.”

The warning was issued by European Commissioner for the Internal Market, Thierry Breton.

Breton is demanding that Musk ends his free speech agenda and increases the number of Twitter censors in the EU.

Breton issued a warning to Musk directly, saying that Europe “will not have a trembling hand.”

He added that Musk “knows the European position perfectly.”

“He is in the process of reducing a certain number of moderators, but he will have to increase them in Europe,” Breton gloated in an interview with Franceinfo.

“He will have to open his algorithms.

We will have control, we will have access, people will no longer be able to [just] say anything.”

Shortly after Musk took over the platform, Breton warned that Twitter will have to “fly by our rules.”

thierry-breton-elon-musk-online-speech-c
SLAYNEWS.COM

A top European Union official has warned Elon Musk that his efforts to end censorship on Twitter will be futile because the EU supposedly...

21 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

He seem nice, and not threatening at all...

EU Warns Elon Musk: We ‘Control’ Censorship – ‘Hate Speech Is Over’

A top European Union official has warned Elon Musk that his efforts to end censorship on Twitter will be futile because the EU supposedly “controls” online content and the bloc has decided that “hate speech is over.”

The warning was issued by European Commissioner for the Internal Market, Thierry Breton.

Breton is demanding that Musk ends his free speech agenda and increases the number of Twitter censors in the EU.

Breton issued a warning to Musk directly, saying that Europe “will not have a trembling hand.”

He added that Musk “knows the European position perfectly.”

“He is in the process of reducing a certain number of moderators, but he will have to increase them in Europe,” Breton gloated in an interview with Franceinfo.

“He will have to open his algorithms.

We will have control, we will have access, people will no longer be able to [just] say anything.”

Shortly after Musk took over the platform, Breton warned that Twitter will have to “fly by our rules.”

thierry-breton-elon-musk-online-speech-c
SLAYNEWS.COM

A top European Union official has warned Elon Musk that his efforts to end censorship on Twitter will be futile because the EU supposedly...

If anything starts a civil war it would probably be something like this. If the government tries to significantly regulate the Internet, what's left of freedom of expression/thought?

I saw a comment on an MSN article about Elon letting Trump back on Twitter. Someone said something like, "Good. Give the Fed's an excuse to regulate it." There's people that actually want that...

Dayaamm!

A sheep in wolves clothing on our side, one who was IN FAVOR of cancel culture while calling it freedom and he was one of the cool kids, just canceled himself because of all the freedom now on Twitter.

In case people forgot, this is Sam Harris behind the mask:

image.png

When people can talk freely, they can say bad things about this idiot. And that will not do for his self-esteem. He's a Superior One, you know. He's not to be trifled with.

Anyway, I'm glad to see him go. I'm sure Elon will let him come back if he wants to do that later. 

Just to show there are no hard feelings, Poso suggested to Harris that he buy some of Mike Lindell's myPillow products to help him sleep better at night.

Michael

You never know with Elon, but I like where he is at right now.

There is a theory going around that the fortunes of Elon's government-monies projects in a future MAGA-leaning administration will be well looked after if he takes out Twitter as a propaganda arm of the Deep State.

That may or may not be, but if it were, this--and recent events--are what it would look like.

Michael

2 hours ago, Dglgmut said:

If anything starts a civil war it would probably be something like this. If the government tries to significantly regulate the Internet, what's left of freedom of expression/thought?

I saw a comment on an MSN article about Elon letting Trump back on Twitter. Someone said something like, "Good. Give the Fed's an excuse to regulate it." There's people that actually want that...

I think it is very important that taxes are shown on receipts to show what part of your interaction is the exchange between private parties and what part is imposed by government.

Elon should do the same with twitter in backwards countries:

1.  Censor no one at the behest of countries.

2.  Let the countries have a redaction power - to black out tweets or portions of tweets.

3.  Allow the tweets to be retweeted without interference as redacted by government with an indication of which Government redacted it and where it cannot be viewed.

4.  For clarification, governments cannot censor content shown in other countries even when it originated from that country... they can only censor in their own country... and their citizens will know about it.

Finally, if a country wants to ban twitter, do not help them, let them cyber-forcefully do it... let them force their own companies and citizens to refrain from getting and using the app... but make it available worldwide.

• Like 1

He should ditch the prevalent big tech model of offering cheaper (or free) stuff to tie down consumers...

and go back to a good old exchange of value with no strings.

AND

Elon should keep the free flying bird motif... 

and expand from there... into everything...

with a theme of offering products and services which enable...

Freedom

• Smile 1

22 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It just keeps getting better and better.

Everything's coming up roses ...

On the other hand, why would Twitter's boss signal that he could back DeSantis?

Well, I watched it.

The Media's Deranged Hysteria Over Elon Musk's Restoration of Free Speech

avk8g.qR4e-small-The-Medias-Deranged-Hys
RUMBLE.COM

We are working hard to prepare our new live, nightly prime-time program -- SYSTEM UPDATE -- which will debut shortly on Rumble. Once launched, it will air every night for one hour, Monday through Frid

I think this was the finest show by Glenn Greenwald ever.

I am at odds with Greenwald over many things, but this video is Founding Father level.

Hopefully, it will help stave off the tyranny started by Apple and Google (like when they killed Parler during an election), both of which derive huge parts of their income from the government.

This video is so important, Elon himself commented.

Shame indeed.

And shame starting a long time ago.

I fully support Elon and Twitter during this phase even if he and it should later turn out to be garbage.

The principle of free speech is the thing. Standing up to tyranny is the thing. Not the person. Not the site.

America without individual rights is no longer America.

Ayn Rand used to say, "God bless America."

That, coming from her, a known atheist, will mean nothing if America loses individual rights as its cornerstone of governance.

That is why I continually say:

MAGA - Make America Great Again

With all that implies.

Michael

• Upvote 2

Apple floated a trial balloon threatening to take Twitter out of the App store.

Apple has been having a bad day since.

For instance, the following from Ricky Gervais a few years ago has been going viral as all hell.

And this is just one thing on Twitter. There is a hell of a lot outside of Twitter, too--I'm just too lazy and short on time to dig it up right now. But it's one thing after another.

Now this.

Heh heh heh...

Michael