Elon Musk and Twitter

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Also, Elon was one of them once.

Now he's a racist...

Basically what I said the other day... doesn't matter what he says, like being a former Biden/Obama/Clinton supporter, thinking that Trump would have lost without the Twitter ban, etc.  They're out to destroy him; so, no use in him "playing the game" with them, now! Because they ain't "playin'" around...

1 hour ago, ThatGuy said:

They're out to destroy him; so, no use in him "playing the game" with them, now! Because they ain't "playin'" around..

TG,

Except for one thing.

Elon plays on our level, but he also plays in the billionaire club. Especially Silicon Valley billionaire club.

I have been reading about Silicon Valley billionaires who are looking at what he is doing with Twitter and thinking, "Hmmm... He's making money with this already."

They are paying attention.

Once he shows them that MAGA makes Silicon Valley style money without the woke bullshit, I think there is going to be a sea change from the top.

Don't forget, most of Silicon Valley billionaires were not globalists out of the gate. They were Ayn Rand people and dorks at that. They became seduced and corrupted by globalists, starting with all the bullshit from Obama. They were made to feel like they were insiders and the cool guys who were changing the world.

But I believe a lot of them stayed Ayn Rand dorks at heart. :) Notice a lot of them will not let their own children have smartphone privileges and things like that.

These people will be the ones to make the sea change once they see Elon do it.

Like I said, I am already reading things here and there. And, of course, it helps Elon's case they he has his own satellites, his own rocket ships, his own artificial intelligence stuff, including brain implants and God knows what all. And if they try to get him out of Paypal, he was one of the people who designed Paypal, so he will just do another.

They throw him out of the app stores, he will just make his own smartphone.

And so on.

:) 

Michael

52 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Don't forget, most of Silicon Valley billionaires were not globalists out of the gate. They were Ayn Rand people and dorks at that. They became seduced and corrupted by globalists, starting with all the bullshit from Obama. They were made to feel like they were insiders and the cool guys who were changing the world.

I'm glad you brought THAT up. Far from forgetting it, it was on my mind earlier today, actually, although I was thinking about from a different angle- why so many O'ists still defend "big tech" even in the light of all that is coming out. I remember the perception that those Silicon Valley-"techie" types were supposedly influenced by Ayn Rand, and that they were going to usher in a "new age" of freedom via the internet and the exchange of ideas, blah, blah, blah. (Ok, I say "blah, blah, blah" now, in hindsight, but back then, I bought into it, as well...)

I did have a feeling you might respond with something like the idea that Elon isn't "playing the game" for the benefit of the left, but for others, to show how the left will react to what he's doing. "See how they persecute me, even after I try to "play nice? They'll do it to you, too." At least, that's how I imagined it. As to the idea of those Silicon Valley technies still being "Ayn Rand dorks at heart": I couldn't say, personally. Maybe some are. Seeing Jimmy Wales sell out was a downer, for sure. But if Elon Musk can reignite that Randian spark, then all the better. Time will tell.

16 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

I did have a feeling you might respond with something like the idea that Elon isn't "playing the game" for the benefit of the left, but for others, to show how the left will react to what he's doing. "See how they persecute me, even after I try to "play nice? They'll do it to you, too."

TG,

I don't think Elon is playing the game for that at all.

I think he is playing the game because he wants to stay alive. Tactics.

He found himself at war without ever wanting it or declaring it.

And, as gravy, I believe he wants to make a lot of money while he's killing off the power of the bad guys.

I can't speak for Elon, but from what I see, I think he does not live in the world of any fiction book (except maybe for play in some sorcerer and witch sandals and swords fantasy or other).

From my view, he lives in the reality he perceives with his own independent thinking.

And I'm fine with that, more than fine. Even when I don't agree with him.

Michael

There is something I want to add to my previous thought about Ayn Rand dorks in Silicon Valley.

What is the definition of a dork? I don't know for sure, but in my mind, it is someone who is extremely clumsy and clunky at getting a mate.

You know, a dork.

So when I said the Deep State (Obama & Co.) seduced Ayn Rand dorks with power, I was not referring to mates, but to them becoming the cool kids--the admired ones--who make things happen for the many. The life of the party kind of cool. (Dorks fall for this shit. :) )

But on a literal sexual seduction level, has anyone ever noticed how many Chinese spouses Silicon Valley billionaires have? That's just spouses. Imagine the affairs and the relationships not talked about.

The CCP has been seducing our American genius dorks, too.

Literally.

Michael

Here is Part 5 of the Twitter Threads unrolled for easier reading.

I am reposting the opening tweet by Bari Weiss in case you want to go there.

Now the thread without all the noise.

Bari Weiss
@bariweiss

THREAD: THE TWITTER FILES PART FIVE. THE REMOVAL OF TRUMP FROM TWITTER.

. . .

1. On the morning of January 8, President Donald Trump, with one remaining strike before being at risk of permanent suspension from Twitter, tweets twice.

. . .

2. 6:46 am: “The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

image.png

. . .

3. 7:44 am: “To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

image.png

. . .

4. For years, Twitter had resisted calls both internal and external to ban Trump on the grounds that blocking a world leader from the platform or removing their controversial tweets would hide important information that people should be able to see and debate.

. . .

5. “Our mission is to provide a forum that enables people to be informed and to engage their leaders directly,” the company wrote in 2019. Twitter’s aim was to “protect the public’s right to hear from their leaders and to hold them to account.”

image.png

blog.twitter.com
World Leaders on Twitter: principles & approach
An update on Tweets from world leaders

. . .

6. But after January 6, as @mtaibbi and  @shellenbergermd have documented, pressure grew, both inside and outside of Twitter, to ban Trump.

. . .

7. There were dissenters inside Twitter. “Maybe because I am from China,” said one employee on January 7, “I deeply understand how censorship can destroy the public conversation.”

image.png

. . .

8. But voices like that one appear to have been a distinct minority within the company. Across Slack channels, many Twitter employees were upset that Trump hadn’t been banned earlier.

. . .

9. After January 6, Twitter employees organized to demand their employer ban Trump. “There is a lot of employee advocacy happening,” said one Twitter employee.

image.png

. . .

10. “We have to do the right thing and ban this account,” said one staffer.

It’s “pretty obvious he’s going to try to thread the needle of incitement without violating the rules,” said another.

image.png

. . .

11. In the early afternoon of January 8, The Washington Post published an open letter signed by over 300 Twitter employees to CEO Jack Dorsey demanding Trump’s ban. “We must examine Twitter’s complicity in what President-Elect Biden has rightly termed insurrection.”

. . .

12. But the Twitter staff assigned to evaluate tweets quickly concluded that Trump had *not* violated Twitter’s policies.“I think we’d have a hard time saying this is incitement,” wrote one staffer.

. . .

13. “It's pretty clear he's saying the ‘American Patriots’ are the ones who voted for him and not the terrorists (we can call them that, right?) from Wednesday.”

. . .

14. Another staffer agreed: “Don’t see the incitement angle here.”

image.png

. . .

15. “I also am not seeing clear or coded incitement in the DJT tweet,” wrote Anika Navaroli, a Twitter policy official. “I’ll respond in the elections channel and say that our team has assessed and found no vios”—or violations—“for the DJT one.”

image.png

. . .

16. She does just that: “as an fyi, Safety has assessed the DJT Tweet above and determined that there is no violation of our policies at this time.”

image.png

. . .

17. (Later, Navaroli would testify to the House Jan. 6 committee:“For months I had been begging and anticipating and attempting to raise the reality that if nothing—if we made no intervention into what I saw occuring, people were going to die.”)

. . .

18. Next, Twitter’s safety team decides that Trump’s 7:44 am ET tweet is also not in violation. They are unequivocal: “it’s a clear no vio. It’s just to say he’s not attending the inauguration”

image.png

. . .

19. To understand Twitter’s decision to ban Trump, we must consider how Twitter deals with other heads of state and political leaders, including in Iran, Nigeria, and Ethiopia.

. . .

20. In June 2018, Iran’s Ayatollah Ali Khamenei tweeted, “#Israel is a malignant cancerous tumor in the West Asian region that has to be removed and eradicated: it is possible and it will happen.”

Twitter neither deleted the tweet nor banned the Ayatollah.

image.png

. . .

21. In October 2020, the former Malaysian Prime Minister said it was “a right” for Muslims to “kill millions of French people.”

Twitter deleted his tweet for “glorifying violence,” but he remains on the platform. The tweet below was taken from the Wayback Machine:

image.png

. . .

22. Muhammadu Buhari, the President of Nigeria, incited violence against pro-Biafra groups.“Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war,” he wrote, “will treat them in the language they understand.”

Twitter deleted the tweet but didn't ban Buhari.

. . .

23. In October 2021, Twitter allowed Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed to call on citizens to take up arms against the Tigray region.

Twitter allowed the tweet to remain up, and did not ban the prime minister.

image.png

. . .

24. In early February 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government threatened to arrest Twitter employees in India, and to incarcerate them for up to seven years after they restored hundreds of accounts that had been critical of him.

Twitter did not ban Modi.

image.png

. . .

25. But Twitter executives did ban Trump, even though key staffers said that Trump had not incited violence—not even in a “coded” way.

. . .

26. Less than 90 minutes after Twitter employees had determined that Trump’s tweets were not in violation of Twitter policy, Vijaya Gadde—Twitter’s Head of Legal, Policy, and Trust—asked whether it could, in fact, be “coded incitement to further violence.”

image.png

. . .

27. A few minutes later, Twitter employees on the “scaled enforcement team” suggest that Trump’s tweet may have violated Twitter’s Glorification of Violence policy—if you interpreted the phrase “American Patriots” to refer to the rioters.

image.png

. . .

28. Things escalate from there.

Members of that team came to “view him as the leader of a terrorist group responsible for violence/deaths comparable to Christchurch shooter or Hitler and on that basis and on the totality of his Tweets, he should be de-platformed.”

image.png

. . .

29. Two hours later, Twitter executives host a 30-minute all-staff meeting.

Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde answer staff questions as to why Trump wasn’t banned yet.

But they make some employees angrier.

. . .

30. “Multiple tweeps [Twitter employees] have quoted the Banality of Evil suggesting that people implementing our policies are like Nazis following orders,” relays Yoel Roth to a colleague.

image.png

. . .

31. Dorsey requested simpler language to explain Trump’s suspension.

Roth wrote, “god help us [this] makes me think he wants to share it publicly”

image.png

. . .

32. One hour later, Twitter announces Trump’s permanent suspension “due to the risk of further incitement of violence.”

. . .

33. Many at Twitter were ecstatic.

image.png

image.png

. . .

34. And congratulatory: “big props to whoever in trust and safety is sitting there whack-a-mole-ing these trump accounts”

image.png

. . .

35. By the next day, employees expressed eagerness to tackle “medical misinformation” as soon as possible:

image.png

. . .

36. “For the longest time, Twitter’s stance was that we aren’t the arbiter of truth,” wrote another employee, “which I respected but never gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.”

image.png

37. But Twitter’s COO Parag Agrawal—who would later succeed Dorsey as CEO—told Head of Security Mudge Zatko: “I think a few of us should brainstorm the ripple effects” of Trump's ban. Agrawal added: “centralized content moderation IMO has reached a breaking point now.”

image.png

image.png

. . .

38. Outside the United States, Twitter’s decision to ban Trump raised alarms, including with French President Emmanuel Macron, German Prime Minister Angela Merkel, and Mexico's President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.

. . .

39. Macron told an audience he didn’t “want to live in a democracy where the key decisions” were made by private players. “I want it to be decided by a law voted by your representative, or by regulation, governance, democratically discussed and approved by democratic leaders.”

. . .

40. Merkel’s spokesperson called Twitter’s decision to ban Trump from its platform “problematic” and added that the freedom of opinion is of “elementary significance.”

Russian opposition leader Alexey Navalny criticized the ban as “an unacceptable act of censorship.”

. . .

41. Whether you agree with Navalny and Macron or the executives at Twitter, we hope this latest installment of #TheTwitterFiles gave you insight into that unprecedented decision.

. . .

42. From the outset, our goal in investigating this story was to discover and document the steps leading up to the banning of Trump and to put that choice into context.

. . .

43. Ultimately, the concerns about Twitter’s efforts to censor news about Hunter Biden’s laptop, blacklist disfavored views, and ban a president aren’t about the past choices of executives in a social media company.

. . .

44. They’re about the power of a handful of people at a private company to influence the public discourse and democracy.

. . .

45. This was reported by @ShellenbergerMD, @IsaacGrafstein, @SnoozyWeiss, @Olivia_Reingold, @petersavodnik, @NellieBowles. Follow all of our work at The Free Press: @TheFP

. . .

46. Please click here to subscribe to The Free Press, where you can continue reading and supporting independent journalism:

image.png

thefp.com
The Free Press
A new media company built on the ideals that were once the bedrock of American journalism. Click to read The Free Press, a Substack publication.

END QUOTE

Once again, did you all enjoy that?

I sure did.

It's a hassle to make it readable like this, but I don't mind in the end.

This is history in the making, not just bickering.

The do, not just the say.

I am pumped, to be more exact.

Michael

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just to add to the above post:

It's on.

Wanna bet a bank will follow?

Actually, there is already one in the works I know of, although Elon is not involved.

‘Old Glory Bank’ Emerges to Protect Your Money From Cancel Culture

Screen-Shot-2022-11-16-at-4.38.49-PM.png
WWW.THEEPOCHTIMES.COM

Commentary We are all too used to cancel culture restricting what we Americans read, see, and are allowed ...

This will be a “real” bank, not a “challenger” or “neo” institution. It will be fully FDIC-insured.

Among those behind the bank are some familiar names to readers of this publication—former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, talk radio host and former California gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder, and country star/entrepreneur John Rich—who have joined with a number of concerned professionals from the banking industry, as well as Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin...

. . .

Customers of all ideological or religious views and all backgrounds will be welcomed at Old Glory Bank without exception, as long as their transactions are lawful.

For now, at least, the bank will operate virtually in the manner to which most of us are accustomed: through a website, a cellular phone app, and an established network of 37,000 (free) ATMs across the country with the usual array of credit cards, ATM cards, and so forth.

Nevertheless, there is a still-functioning physical Old Glory Bank in Oklahoma, should you wish to visit, that has been there since the early 20th century, before Oklahoma was a state (Hence, Fallin’s involvement). Pictures of the bank from that period resemble sets from “High Noon” or “Gunsmoke.”

Ohlhausen and Rich both told me this is only the beginning for the renewed Old Glory Bank. Plans are to expand to include an ever-widening array of financial services once established.

That might well include something similar to PayPal.

. . .

In my judgment, this is one of the most important initiatives to come forward in some time.

They plan to roll out slowly and carefully, starting Nov. 17, and seek to be fully up and running in the first quarter of 2023.

Here's another article about Old Glory Bank from BizPacReview:

SG-Elder-Carson-Rich.jpg
WWW.BIZPACREVIEW.COM

John Rich, Larry Elder, and Ben Carson have launched their own bank, Old Glory Bank, for anyone who's been marginalized by regular banks.

Michael

• Upvote 1

I know I have been posting a lot about Elon Musk and Twitter recently.

But this is the thing that is making a difference in free speech without being a bunch of blah blah blah that will later evaporate. This is "do." Not "say."

A major physical social media platform is gutting its election interference, woke propaganda and pedophilia rot and is moving toward free speech.

This is not oneupmanship. This is reality.

And that makes this is a big deal.

So here is one more that speaks for itself.

Elon Musk’s Twitter Dissolves Trust and Safety Council

elon-musk-twitter-birds-getty.jpg
WWW.BREITBART.COM

Elon Musk's Twitter dissolved its Trust and Safety Council on Monday night. This comes days after three members of the council announced their resignation saying that contrary to Elon Musk's claims, "the...

There go some sanctimonious assholes who were running the rot.

Michael

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I'm not going to comment on the Elon Musk stalker.

That will take care of itself as law enforcement and others take care of it.

See?

Twitter Suspends Far-left Reporters from CNN, NYT, Washington Post, and Other Independent Reporters Related to Doxxing Event that Endangered Musk’s Child

getty_487484086_165811.jpeg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

On Thursday night, Twitter banned more than half a dozen of far-left journalists from CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, and other independent reporters who had been reporting on Elon Musk and...

Done.

There's a list of The Shamed and Banished in a tweet mentioned in the article.

And below is one of my favorite tweets by Elon (also mentioned in the article) since it does not let Alinsky-like mind games control his public reaction. It's even Randian. In Randian terms, this is a classic case of refusing to adopt the premises of your adversary.

Any day now, I would not be surprised to see him tweet: "And I mean it."

Michael

• Upvote 1

It looks like Elon is figuring out what to do about things as he goes along and sees what happens.

I totally sympathize with him. On a much smaller scale, I had to learn how to deal with trolls her on OL by doing it. There is no failsafe instruction manual for this.

Wholesale banning does not work as this makes good people feel the ax is coming their way soon. 

I love it that Elon is just putting it all out there.

Later I may not like what Elon does, but right now, to me he's doing all the right things.

Michael

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It looks like Elon is figuring out what to do about things as he goes along and sees what happens.

I totally sympathize with him. On a much smaller scale, I had to learn how to deal with trolls her on OL by doing it. There is no failsafe instruction manual for this.

Wholesale banning does not work as this makes good people feel the ax is coming their way soon. 

I love it that Elon is just putting it all out there.

Later I may not like what Elon does, but right now, to me he's doing all the right things.

Michael

It's almost as if he beta testing the system, hmmmmmmmm.

• Upvote 1

Part 6.

As usual, there will be an easier on the eyes version later.

For now, there is this that Taibbi himself did on Threadreader.

1603857534737072128.jpg
THREADREADERAPP.COM

@mtaibbi: 1. THREAD: The Twitter Files, Part Six TWITTER, THE FBI SUBSIDIARY 2. The #TwitterFiles are revealing more every day about how the government collects, analyzes, and flags your social media...

Michael

• Upvote 1

But first, there's this.

Mike Lindell Gets UNABNNED From Twitter, His First Tweet Back Is LENDGEARY

mike-lindell-shrug.png
WELOVETRUMP.COM

Elon Musk has officially unbanned CEO of MyPillow Mike Lindell from Twitter. Lindel was originally banned back in 20221 for tweeting “election misinformation”. Lindell stated in his first tweet after being...

Here's the tweet.

Michael

Here is the more readable version of the Part 6 dump. I used the Threadreader page Matt Taibbi made to make my work go a lot faster. That's why the formatting may seem a bit different.

Tweet 13 is not numbered, but it is in the correct order.

1. THREAD: The Twitter Files, Part Six
TWITTER, THE FBI SUBSIDIARY 

2. The #TwitterFiles are revealing more every day about how the government collects, analyzes, and flags your social media content. 

3. Twitter’s contact with the FBI was constant and pervasive, as if it were a subsidiary. 

4. Between January 2020 and November 2022, there were over 150 emails between the FBI and former Twitter Trust and Safety chief Yoel Roth. 

5. Some are mundane, like San Francisco agent Elvis Chan wishing Roth a Happy New Year along with a reminder to attend “our quarterly call next week.” Others are requests for information into Twitter users related to active investigations. 

6. But a surprisingly high number are requests by the FBI for Twitter to take action on election misinformation, even involving joke tweets from low-follower accounts. 

7. The FBI’s social media-focused task force, known as FTIF, created in the wake of the 2016 election, swelled to 80 agents and corresponded with Twitter to identify alleged foreign influence and election tampering of all kinds. 

8. Federal intelligence and law enforcement reach into Twitter included the Department of Homeland Security, which partnered with security contractors and think tanks to pressure Twitter to moderate content. 

9. It’s no secret the government analyzes bulk data for all sorts of purposes, everything from tracking terror suspects to making economic forecasts. 

10. The #TwitterFiles show something new: agencies like the FBI and DHS regularly sending social media content to Twitter through multiple entry points, pre-flagged for moderation. 

11. What stands out is the sheer quantity of reports from the government. Some are aggregated from public hotlines:

image.png

12. An unanswered question: do agencies like FBI and DHS do in-house flagging work themselves, or farm it out? “You have to prove to me that inside the fucking government you can do any kind of massive data or AI search,” says one former intelligence officer.

“HELLO TWITTER CONTACTS”: The master-canine quality of the FBI’s relationship to Twitter comes through in this November 2022 email, in which “FBI San Francisco is notifying you” it wants action on four accounts:

image.png

14. Twitter personnel in that case went on to look for reasons to suspend all four accounts, including @fromMA, whose tweets are almost all jokes (see sample below), including his “civic misinformation” of Nov. 8:

image.png

image.png

image.png

15. Just to show the FBI can be hyper-intrusive in both directions, they also asked Twitter to review a blue-leaning account for a different joke, except here it was even more obvious that @ClaireFosterPHD, who kids a lot, was kidding:

image.png

image.png

16. “Anyone who cannot discern obvious satire from reality has no place making decisions for others or working for the feds,” said @ClaireFosterPHD, when told about the flagging. 

17. Of the six accounts mentioned in the previous two emails, all but two – @ClaireFosterPHD and @fromMA – were suspended. 

18. In an internal email from November 5, 2022, the FBI’s National Election Command Post, which compiles and sends on complaints, sent the SF field office a long list of accounts that “may warrant additional action”:

image.png

19. Agent Chan passed the list on to his "Twitter folks":

image.png

20. Twitter then replied with its list of actions taken. Note mercy shown to actor Billy Baldwin:

image.png

21. Many of the above accounts were satirical in nature, nearly all (with the exceptions of Baldwin and @RSBNetwork) were relatively low engagement, and some were suspended, most with a generic, “Thanks, Twitter” letter:

image.png

image.png

22. When told of the FBI flagging, @lexitollah replied: “My thoughts initially include 1. Seems like prima facie 1A violation 2. Holy cow, me, an account with the reach of an amoeba 3. What else are they looking at?” 

23. “I can't believe the FBI is policing jokes on Twitter. That's crazy,” said @Tiberius444

24. In a letter to former Deputy General Counsel (and former top FBI lawyer) Jim Baker on Sep. 16, 2022, legal exec Stacia Cardille outlines results from her “soon to be weekly” meeting with DHS, DOJ, FBI, and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence:

image.png

25. The Twitter exec writes she explicitly asked if there were “impediments” to the sharing of classified information “with industry.” The answer? “FBI was adamant no impediments to sharing exist.” 

26. This passage underscores the unique one-big-happy-family vibe between Twitter and the FBI. With what other firm would the FBI blithely agree to “no impediments” to classified information? 

27. At the bottom of that letter, she lists a series of “escalations” apparently raised at the meeting, which were already “handled.”

image.png
27. at | Buy Domain Names
Premium Two-letter Brand-able Austrian Domain Name For Sale | 27.athttp://27.At

28. About one, she writes: “Flagged a specific Tweet on Illinois use of modems to transmit election results in possible violation of the civic integrity policy (except they do use that tech in limited circumstances).” 

29. Another internal letter from January, 2021 shows Twitter execs processing an FBI list of “possible violative content” tweets:

image.png

30. Here, too, most tweets contained the same, “Get out there and vote Wednesday!” trope and had low engagement. This is what the FBI spends its time on:

image.png

31. In this March, 2021 email, an FBI liaison thanks a senior Twitter exec for the chance to speak to “you and the team,” then delivers a packet of “products”:

image.png

32. The executive circulates the “products,” which are really DHS bulletins stressing the need for greater collaboration between law enforcement and “private sector partners.”

image.png

33. The ubiquity of the 2016 Russian interference story as stated pretext for building out the censorship machine can’t be overstated. It’s analogous to how 9/11 inspired the expansion of the security state.

image.png

34. While the DHS in its “products” pans “permissive” social media for offering “operational advantages” to Russians, it also explains that the “Domestic Violent Extremist Threat” requires addressing “information gaps”:

image.png

35. FBI in one case sent over so many “possible violative content” reports, Twitter personnel congratulated each other in Slack for the “monumental undertaking” of reviewing them:

image.png

image.png

36. There were multiple points of entry into Twitter for government-flagged reports. This letter from Agent Chan to Roth references Teleporter, a platform through which Twitter could receive reports from the FBI:

image.png

37. Reports also came from different agencies. Here, an employee recommends “bouncing” content based on evidence from “DHS etc”:

image.png

38. State governments also flagged content. 

39. Twitter for instance received reports via the Partner Support Portal, an outlet created by the Center for Internet Security, a partner organization to the DHS. 

40. “WHY WAS NO ACTION TAKEN?” Below, Twitter execs – receiving an alert from California officials, by way of “our partner support portal” – debate whether to act on a Trump tweet:

image.png

image.png

41. Here, a video was reported by the Election Integrity Project (EIP) at Stanford, apparently on the strength of information from the Center for Internet Security (CIS):

image.png

42. If that’s confusing, it’s because the CIS is a DHS contractor, describes itself as “partners” with the Cyber and Internet Security Agency (CISA) at the DHS:

image.png

43. The EIP is one of a series of government-affiliated think tanks that mass-review content, a list that also includes the Atlantic Council’s Digital Forensics Research Laboratory, and the University of Washington’s Center for Informed Policy. 

44. The takeaway: what most people think of as the “deep state” is really a tangled collaboration of state agencies, private contractors, and (sometimes state-funded) NGOs. The lines become so blurred as to be meaningless. 

45. Twitter Files researchers are moving into a variety of new areas now. Watch @bariweiss@ShellenbergerMD, and this space for more, soon. 

END QUOTE

Once again, pure enjoyment for the Land of the Just and Reason-based.

And some fun for the emotions, too.

Bad guys with their pants down for the whole world to see.

Michael

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2022 at 2:25 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Elon calls out Jimmy Wales.

I don't know if Wales is going to respond, but being called out by someone like Elon Musk is intimidating.

However, I do know something with certainty.

If Wales responds, he won't quote Ayn Rand.

Nor will he quote any idea anywhere near Rand's ideas.

He came from there, but he ain't going back.

He's too busy sucking up to his masters.

Michael

Elon Musk to @neontaster: "Wikipedia is overly controlled by mainstream media @jimmy_wales"

• Like 1