Elon Musk and Twitter

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Where does it say Trump will end the Constitution?

No where. Don't shoot the reporter. I skimmed thru the news looking for anti Trump propaganda and got a kick out of it. So much BS . . . instantly made up and reported . . . like hyenas waiting for the prey to walk by.   

I miss Rush Limbaugh. Remember how he used to string blurbs from the evil left to show how they all got their “words” from a few sources and then they spouted the lie? And Biden is among the new pack of hyenas. Peter

Trump Call to Terminate Constitution Is 'Disqualifying': Harvard Professor

Biden rebukes Trump for saying constitution should be ‘terminated’

Trump's call to suspend Constitution not a 2024 deal-breaker, House Republican says

The staff for the January 6 panel has expressed frustration with Rep. Liz Cheney for focusing the committee's final report too much on former President Donald Trump, at the expense of other aspects of the investigations, according to a report published on Wednesday.

They've 'just switched Trump off in their brain' Former adviser says 

And here’s an off topic good one. Putin fell down stairs and then soiled himself.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

And here’s an off topic good one. Putin fell down stairs and then soiled himself.

Peter,

That's a beaut, ain't it?

No sources and all.

It sounds a lot like Biden, though. Didn't he poop his pants when he met the Pope?

:) 

Let's not forget, Trump hired whores to piss on a bed Obama slept in.

People who believe this stuff deserve to believe it.

Michael

12 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Where does it say Trump will end the Constitution?

He's saying a fraudster does not have a right under the Constitution to the fruits of his fraud. And since that did happen and it is being proven, a remedy needs to happen.

There does seem to be some debate over what Trump actually meant, because of the wording. For example, this thread on Twitter started by BeingLibertarian:

While others say that the wording contradicts that interpretation: 

"A massive fraud of this type ALLOWS FOR the termination..." as in, the rules are put aside in this instance to deal with this type of fraud, as the Constitution may not be equipped to deal with it.
(Hence, Trump's final line: "Our great "Founders" did not want, and would not condone, False and Fraudulent elections!)

Some are saying it's poorly worded (while also employing "whatabout"-ism:

Ultimately, though: what if his point IS to put the Constitution aside for this issue? (From his context, I don't believe that he meant to "terminate" the Constitution in its entirety, again, based on the final line about the Founding Fathers. Keeping that context, is that the worst thing he could have said? And before an Objectivist/Libertarian type gets up in arms about it, "check your premise":  After all, didn't Ayn Rand herself propose a similar "heresy" in Atlas Shrugged, when, at the end, she had Judge Narraganset correcting the flaws in the Constitution, starting with the Interstate Commerce Clause? Was she "terminating" the Constitution in its entirety?

Of course, she wasn't. And of course, she wouldn't condone when the Left tries to change the Constitution in order to grow government and limit the rights of individuals (which they try to do, all the time, and say so openly).

But being that Trump is NOT an Objectivist, I personally wouldn't try to read his mind on this issue. So, then, what is Trump actually suggesting? I'd personally like to hear Trump clarify what me meant (which is a perfectly justified premise-check. After all, he did see "'termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the constitution', and words mean things, and one can't afford to be sloppy with something like that. Look at Julius Caeser and Napoleon, or the Emperor in the STAR WARS movies who uses terminates the Senate in order to give himself emergency powers to face a crisis, only to rule by decree).  But if he misspoke, and his comment is coming from a place (similar to Rand's) of correcting of a flaw or inadequacy in the Constitution to deal with fraud and corruption, in order to uphold rights and limit the government, then this is only a problem for-you guessed it-those who want to grow government and infringe on the rights of the people whom it's supposed to be working for.

3 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

There does seem to be some debate over what Trump actually meant, because of the wording.

TG,

You ain't learned that by now?

A little vagueness is what makes a hot-button item spread like wildfire over the media and Internet.

Trump uses this technique a lot. He often does it to be funny, as in his famous Trump gotcha technique. ("Blood coming out of her... wherever ..." Ears or nose anyone? :) )

But he sometimes does it for serious reasons. This, I believe, is one of them.

But the left does it, too. Every one of the BLM and Antifa riots, for example, had vagueness in wording going on--whether a perpetrator "oppressed" by the police was innocent or guilty.

The January 6 Capitol event is still nothing but vagueness in wording.

People argue the issue to death. And the technique never fails to get massive engagement.

Notice people never rioted over an outright execution or shootout where the bad guys or good guys were clearly defined. But throw in the vagueness in wording, and the press had a field day. And activists on all sides got a boost.

Do you think there would have been the media shitstorm and the political outrage re the Jan. 6 event if a brigade of Patriots armed to the teeth had stormed the Capitol and executed guards and "enemies" left and right before being put down? Hell no. There would have been headlines for a while, then another story soon taking the headlines.

Putting in vagueness makes people want to take sides and bitch at each other as they "prove" this or that.

Discerning the truth by using reality standards is far more objective, but not more persuasive--except in the end. The truth comes out in the end. But by then, all the damage has been done or the effect has been imprinted on the culture.

Watch for this and you will soon be unable to not see it. When it happens with big stories, the movers and shakers in the culture are not vague by accident. They do it on purpose.

Michael

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

You ain't learned that by now?

A little vagueness is what makes a hot-button item spread like wildfire over the media and Internet.

Ya know...as I  hit "submit", I was sitting here, wondering how fast will MSK come back and say that Trump is doing this draw attention to an issue, etc, to get people talking about it, etc...

(I learned that much, by now... 😉 )

cofveve

• Smile 2

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

No sources and all.

It sounds a lot like Biden, though. Didn't he poop his pants when he met the Pope?

Let's not forget, Trump hired whores to piss on a bed Obama slept in.

People who believe this stuff deserve to believe it.

Michael

I just found out today that a Telegram channel ‘General SVR’ purported to be run by a former Russian spy that reports the ‘real’ stories about Putin from sources in the palace. Ain’t the interwebs a gas ? :)

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

No sources and all.

I agree. Of course, if he is a typical Russian big-wig he may drink too much like Yeltsin who was boarding a plane but stopped to go under the wing and urinate, while the cameras were rolling. Putin could reach for something and lose his balance or trip on steps like Joe Biden. Occasionally he may think he is just passing gas but ooops . . . So, there is some universal truth in the BS to make it sound like it was reported by someone in the know.  

In the first Twitter communications dump, Matt Taibbi went soft on the FBI.

Miranda Devine (the author of The Laptop from Hell) isn't having any of it.

What’s missing from the Twitter files: The truth about the FBI

whats-missing-from-twitter-files-comp-3.
NYPOST.COM

The files on Twitter's censorship of The Post's Hunter Biden story were missing details of specific warnings we know the FBI made to Twitter about a Russian “hack and leak operation” involving...

I don't know if this was orchestrated to tamp down some of the intelligence community heat re Elon and Twitter, but I don't care if it was.

The facts are getting out there into the mainstream media, which, for most of it, is having one hell of a bad day.

Michael

Until the next communication dump, this is the kind of random thing I like to see that Twitter provides.

GPT is the basis for much of the artificial intelligence for language that is evolving. OpenAI is open source, but there is a parallel part for profit, where it came from, that is owned by Elon Musk.

Michael

Elon calls out Jimmy Wales.

I don't know if Wales is going to respond, but being called out by someone like Elon Musk is intimidating.

However, I do know something with certainty.

If Wales responds, he won't quote Ayn Rand.

Nor will he quote any idea anywhere near Rand's ideas.

He came from there, but he ain't going back.

He's too busy sucking up to his masters.

Michael

• Upvote 1

This speaks for itself.

But I think it's cool how Deep State rats keep getting found and dispatched.

As usual, the first tweet is the start of the thread and you can go there to read it on Twitter, but the entire thread text is quoted below without the noise.

Matt Taibbi
@mtaibbi

We can now tell you part of the reason why. On Tuesday, Twitter Deputy General Counsel (and former FBI General Counsel) Jim Baker was fired. Among the reasons? Vetting the first batch of “Twitter Files” – without knowledge of new management.

. . . 

The process for producing the “Twitter Files” involved delivery to two journalists (Bari Weiss and me) via a lawyer close to new management. However, after the initial batch, things became complicated.

. . .

Over the weekend, while we both dealt with obstacles to new searches, it was 
@BariWeiss who discovered that the person in charge of releasing the files was someone named Jim. When she called to ask “Jim’s” last name, the answer came back: “Jim Baker.”

. . .

“My jaw hit the floor,” says Weiss.

. . .

The first batch of files both reporters received was marked, “Spectra Baker Emails.”

image.png

. . .

Baker is a controversial figure. He has been something of a Zelig of FBI controversies dating back to 2016, from the Steele Dossier to the Alfa-Server mess. He resigned in 2018 after an investigation into leaks to the press.

. . .

The news that Baker was reviewing the “Twitter files” surprised everyone involved, to say the least. New Twitter chief Elon Musk acted quickly to “exit” Baker Tuesday.

. . .

Reporters resumed searches through Twitter Files material – a lot of it – today. The next installment of “The Twitter Files” will appear @bariweiss. Stay tuned.

END QUOTE

Chuggin' right along.

Michael

It seems odd that Baker was still there as late as last week. Especially given what was released on his counsel regarding the ongoing cover for the actions Twitter was taking to suppress the original article, how did he survive the first wave of ‘exists’? Or is it normal that legal counsel officers and departments are assumed in corporate structures to be a ‘last place’ to look ?

I'm not on board with Cernovich's constant bashing of Trump. Let Elon Musk be President taking on the swamp for the first time right there in DC and see if he gets done what Trump did.

(And would Elon give kill orders to take out enemies like Trump did with Isis and Soleimani? That's just for starters.)

In fact, without President Trump, Elon's current success at releasing the Deep State chains at Twitter wouldn't even exist.

But that aside, Cernovich does have a point.

Like I said, I think Cernovich is a dork for constantly bashing Trump, but I am glad people know people like him are looking and judging. Judging harshly at that.

With the wusses and sellouts in the GOP, that's what they need just to get out of the way, much less do anything to advance freedom and individual rights, or to claw them back from authoritarians.

Michael

Here is a thread roll of Twitter Dirt Dump Part 2.

This time it was with Bari Weiss.

1601007575633305600.jpg
THREADREADERAPP.COM

@bariweiss: THREAD: THE TWITTER FILES PART TWO. TWITTER’S SECRET BLACKLISTS. 1. A new #TwitterFiles investigation reveals that teams of Twitter employees build blacklists, prevent disfavored tweets...

And to keep things honest, I'm copying it below:

To avoid collapsing the text, I indented it.

THREAD: THE TWITTER FILES PART TWO.
TWITTER’S SECRET BLACKLISTS. 

1. A new #TwitterFiles investigation reveals that teams of Twitter employees build blacklists, prevent disfavored tweets from trending, and actively limit the visibility of entire accounts or even trending topics—all in secret, without informing users. 

2. Twitter once had a mission “to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers.” Along the way, barriers nevertheless were erected. 

3. Take, for example, Stanford’s Dr. Jay Bhattacharya (@DrJBhattacharya) who argued that Covid lockdowns would harm children. Twitter secretly placed him on a “Trends Blacklist,” which prevented his tweets from trending.

image.png

4. Or consider the popular right-wing talk show host, Dan Bongino (@dbongino), who at one point was slapped with a “Search Blacklist.”

image.png

5. Twitter set the account of conservative activist Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) to “Do Not Amplify.”

image.png

6. Twitter denied that it does such things. In 2018, Twitter's Vijaya Gadde (then Head of Legal Policy and Trust) and Kayvon Beykpour (Head of Product) said: “We do not shadow ban.” They added: “And we certainly don’t shadow ban based on political viewpoints or ideology.” 

7. What many people call “shadow banning,” Twitter executives and employees call “Visibility Filtering” or “VF.” Multiple high-level sources confirmed its meaning. 

8. “Think about visibility filtering as being a way for us to suppress what people see to different levels. It’s a very powerful tool,” one senior Twitter employee told us. 

9. “VF” refers to Twitter’s control over user visibility. It used VF to block searches of individual users; to limit the scope of a particular tweet’s discoverability; to block select users’ posts from ever appearing on the “trending” page; and from inclusion in hashtag searches. 

10. All without users’ knowledge. 

11. “We control visibility quite a bit. And we control the amplification of your content quite a bit. And normal people do not know how much we do,” one Twitter engineer told us. Two additional Twitter employees confirmed. 

12. The group that decided whether to limit the reach of certain users was the Strategic Response Team - Global Escalation Team, or SRT-GET. It often handled up to 200 "cases" a day. 

13. But there existed a level beyond official ticketing, beyond the rank-and-file moderators following the company’s policy on paper. That is the “Site Integrity Policy, Policy Escalation Support,” known as “SIP-PES.” 

14. This secret group included Head of Legal, Policy, and Trust (Vijaya Gadde), the Global Head of Trust & Safety (Yoel Roth), subsequent CEOs Jack Dorsey and Parag Agrawal, and others. 

15. This is where the biggest, most politically sensitive decisions got made. “Think high follower account, controversial,” another Twitter employee told us. For these “there would be no ticket or anything.” 

16. One of the accounts that rose to this level of scrutiny was @libsoftiktok—an account that was on the “Trends Blacklist” and was designated as “Do Not Take Action on User Without Consulting With SIP-PES.”

image.png

17. The account—which Chaya Raichik began in November 2020 and now boasts over 1.4 million followers—was subjected to six suspensions in 2022 alone, Raichik says. Each time, Raichik was blocked from posting for as long as a week. 

18. Twitter repeatedly informed Raichik that she had been suspended for violating Twitter’s policy against “hateful conduct.” 

19. But in an internal SIP-PES memo from October 2022, after her seventh suspension, the committee acknowledged that “LTT has not directly engaged in behavior violative of the Hateful Conduct policy." See here:

image.png

20. The committee justified her suspensions internally by claiming her posts encouraged online harassment of “hospitals and medical providers” by insinuating “that gender-affirming healthcare is equivalent to child abuse or grooming.” 

21. Compare this to what happened when Raichik herself was doxxed on November 21, 2022. A photo of her home with her address was posted in a tweet that has garnered more than 10,000 likes. 

22. When Raichik told Twitter that her address had been disseminated she says Twitter Support responded with this message: "We reviewed the reported content, and didn't find it to be in violation of the Twitter rules." No action was taken. The doxxing tweet is still up.

image.png

23. In internal Slack messages, Twitter employees spoke of using technicalities to restrict the visibility of tweets and subjects. Here’s Yoel Roth, Twitter’s then Global Head of Trust & Safety, in a direct message to a colleague in early 2021:

image.png

24. Six days later, in a direct message with an employee on the Health, Misinformation, Privacy, and Identity research team, Roth requested more research to support expanding “non-removal policy interventions like disabling engagements and deamplification/visibility filtering.”

image.png

25. Roth wrote: “The hypothesis underlying much of what we’ve implemented is that if exposure to, e.g., misinformation directly causes harm, we should use remediations that reduce exposure, and limiting the spread/virality of content is a good way to do that.” 

26. He added: “We got Jack on board with implementing this for civic integrity in the near term, but we’re going to need to make a more robust case to get this into our repertoire of policy remediations – especially for other policy domains.” 

27. There is more to come on this story, which was reported by @AbigailShrier @ShellenbergerMD @NellieBowles @IsaacGrafstein and the team The Free Press @TheFP.

Keep up with this unfolding story here and at our brand new website: thefp.com.

image.png

The Free PressA new media company built on the ideals that were once the bedrock of American journalism.http://thefp.com

28. The authors have broad and expanding access to Twitter’s files. The only condition we agreed to was that the material would first be published on Twitter. 

29. We're just getting started on our reporting. Documents cannot tell the whole story here. A big thank you to everyone who has spoken to us so far. If you are a current or former Twitter employee, we'd love to hear from you. Please write to: tips@thefp.com 

30. Watch @mtaibbi for the next installment. 

END QUOTE

Did you enjoy that?

I did.

Michael

• Upvote 1