Ukraine and Endless War for Profit

Michael Stuart Kelly

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

How many gangsters out of Ukraine's total population are we talking about?

Peter,

As long as you are looking from this perspective (finally), here's a question to go along with that one.

How many Russia-supporting people are there in Ukraine's total population?

Do you have an idea? There are oodles of 'em. Do they count?

Michael

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Actually, one of their main partners is in the White House.

Michael

If true, then impeachment and execution for treason should be on the agenda. You are being too far-fetched. Fake straw poll. Is Biden an oligarch with ties to Russian or Ukrainian mobsters? Yes, no, or bullshit. Wow. Now Trump has a REAL campaign issue. 

Just now, Peter said:

If true, then impeachment and execution for treason should be on the agenda.

Peter,

Actually, it is.

Next year Biden will be impeached. That is a given. And his Ukraine corruption will be among the charges.

If enough MAGA Senators win in November, he will also be convicted and removed from office.

Michael

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

How many Russia-supporting people are there in Ukraine's total population?

Do you have an idea?

I dunna know. But maybe being bombed and murdered will change ther minds laddie. I would be interested in a real poll after the murder and invasion stops . . . if it does. Russia is initiating  . . . or extending the use of force because Ukraine does not need to be perfect . . . to be slaughtered and become part of the new Russian Empire? By arguing against Ukraine at this moment in time is dead wrong.  

3 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Next year Biden will be impeached. That is a given.

Political rhetoric will sound so lame by 2024. I don't remember what A.G. Barr said but I agree. There was not enough evidence to overturn the election even if there was some fraud and collusion . . . as there always is in a free election. It is interesting that Joe Biden's brother and son Hunter are hiding in the basement. 

Thanks for the arrows up, William. This discussion is like being in a chat room. And thanks, Michal, for letting me get that off my chest.

The English parliamentary opposition: Ha, ha, ha! No shit?

The legislator from Scotland: Aye, laddie. Eating beans will harden your stool.

57 minutes ago, Peter said:

By arguing against Ukraine at this moment in time is dead wrong.  

Peter,

I see it differently. Arguing for America to involve itself in this conflict is dead wrong.

And, from the people hogging the news right now, it only takes a small push and American soldiers are off to fight.

I am 100% against that. And I am arguing against that.

The American kids you find a distraction, well... I see them. I have seen needless death and I don't care for it. I don't want these kids to die for that particular mess, especially since the people in the Ukraine region have been fighting and killing each other for centuries. The country's government itself (in the current iteration, which has changed constantly) is only recently formed--after the breakup of the Soviet Empire in the early 1990's.

On another note, since you keep saying you don't really know the situation over there, here is a very short video that kind of aligns with your question about gangsters and Ukrainian people. This is in the European Parliament and it is from about 4 days ago.

The guy making all the faces in that video is MEP Angel Dzhambazki from Bulgaria. Granted, that is not Ukraine, but he is going nuts over a lady arguing against war there. Clare Daly, from Ireland, is arguing for efforts to end the war. She doesn't want to see any more Ukrainian people killed. 

Also, this is Dzhambazki from a couple of months or so ago, right there in the same European Parliament. 

image.png

Recognize that gesture?

(Of course, the guy now says he was just waving since he was fined for doing a Nazi salute in the EP. :) )

There are oodles of people like that in Ukraine and Zelenski is in bed with them. If you ever become interested in looking for yourself, just type Azov into a search engine and start looking. There's plenty to see. And the Azov Battalion is just one group.

The thing is, there is a reality over there that does not cut through our lying-ass mainstream press.

If we do not look at reality, we will only judge stories.

And if the storytellers are mostly liars, guess what we will probably be accepting and judging as if it were real?

Michael

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Peter said:

Political rhetoric will sound so lame by 2024. I don't remember what A.G. Barr said but I agree.

Peter,

Former AG Barr will not fare so well, himself.

You are looking at this from the top down.

From the bottom up, there will be a huge Republican majority in the House starting in 2023, most of them with a MAGA orientation. They will be doing public hearings in committee after committee, all with criminal referrals.

That is a lot different than one former Bush insider like Barr making a decision or not. Or judges not accepting court filings and the press pretending the lawsuits have been judged.

On Steven Bannon's War Room (which gets over 150 million downloads per episode), Steve himself and a lot of people who will be occupying government positions soon are calling for Biden's impeachment. (And Steve openly calls Barr a liar.)

These people are not talking as if Biden's impeachment were something to consider. They are talking about it as if it were already fact.

One thing is certain. The decision to impeach Biden among those who will take office and be able to do so in the House of Representatives is already a fact.

There are lots of stories now in the mainstream media you consume worrying about this. At the present, they mostly worry about a "red wave" on the surface, but behind it is usually fear of an impeachment. If you want, I can find some links. But you should be able to find them on your own since they are growing.

Michael

Just imagine what people would be saying if Putin's brother was the top law enforcement chief in Russia.

That would really have a whiff of oligarchic , nepotistic air to it, it would take a whole lot of internal propaganda for a citizenry to swallow that line , eh ?

Do you want to see one of the real reasons Putin invaded Ukraine?

General Milley himself tells you.

It was the way the Afghanistan withdrawal was carried out (basically, drop everything and run for your life like a coward).

Don't believe me?

Check this out.

Milley Finally Admits the Obvious about Afghanistan

milley-resign.jpeg
TRENDINGPOLITICS.COM

Weakness begets others taking advantage of that weakness. That lesson, one learned by any kid who’s had to deal with a bully, […] More

From the article:

During a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on Thursday, Milley explained to Tennessee GOP Sen. Marsha Blackburn that he cannot confirm whether the Afghanistan debacle prompted Russia’s invasion but conceded that it is a possibility.

Asked by Blackburn if the Afghanistan withdrawal played a part in Russia invading Ukraine, Milley said, “From the intelligence I’ve read, it’s not clear. I think it certainly is possible, but I also know that Putin had aims on Ukraine long before the end of the war in Afghanistan.”

There are weasel-worded CYA statements in there, but "possible" in weasel-speak in a context like this one means, in reality, "definitively."

And of course, Milley tried to take it back later.

But he said "certainly possible." Even for a weasel, that's clear.

If you have ever been in a fight with a bully, you already know that showing a sign of weakness only emboldens the bully. What about showing a massive sign of weakness with a lot of goodies to loot?

Well... it's party time for the bully.

Who know this?

Just about every fucking human being on the planet.

Duh...

Now, what burns me is that people want this same asshole Milley (and Biden, etc.) to fight Putin in a war.

What in hell do they think will happen?

Do they think this is a TV show where they can change the cannels later?

We can't do war with Putin until we get a leader as President. (And that would still be a horrible idea unless all else had failed.) If we try, it doesn't take much to see how catastrophic the consequences will be.

One thing is clear to me. Milley sure as hell doesn't want to lead a war against Putin. He's essentially a coward. He wants a soft, easy-to-manage endless war for profit he can run from a plush office so he can rake in the corruption money.

But a real war?

Heh.

Imagine this clown cutting and running in front of Putin.

It's not too hard to imagine, is it?

Michael

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I dunna know. But maybe being bombed and murdered will change ther minds laddie. I would be interested in a real poll after the murder and invasion stops . . . if it does. Russia is initiating  . . . or extending the use of force because Ukraine does not need to be perfect . . . to be slaughtered and become part of the new Russian Empire? By arguing against Ukraine at this moment in time is dead wrong.  

"Arguing against Ukraine at this moment in time is dead wrong", but that's what conceptual minded persons will do.

They explore several nuances. They would look for the range of evaluations, not simplistic good - evil, whitewashed or tarred.

[If not "at this moment" - when will be an acceptable time?]

Conformity, to put up a united front for Ukraine's sake as you infer would be morally correct, will be at odds with independent minds who see wrongs behind and dangers and "slaughter" ahead. Should OL be a part of the propaganda-for-Ukraine machine? 

You know, it seems like everyone, you have seen the clear and concrete evil, Putin's invasion, and don't allow yourself to admit the preceding evils and irrationalities, nor deduce the consequent evils (hostilities spinning off uncontrollably into the unknown). Others can, and worry.

Get over it and move on: nobody here I heard disagrees with the "obvious evil". I condemn Putin's actions. I've already said so. OK? Pounding that soap box for my sake, is superfluous, holier than thou.

What led to this point and importantly, where things could go, amounts to many more "evils" which you have largely ignored.

Do you categorically want Western soldiers to be sent into that war? Yes/no: because that's what you keep implying without stating.

• Upvote 1

"The more arms you pump into Ukraine, the more the war will be prolonged..." Well spoke, gutsy and objective, young lady MEP.

Interesting incidence of the word.

Some might remember the virologist who spoke up against lockdowns, "You more you try to flatten the curve, the more you prolong the curve" i.e. extend the virus transmission and virulence.

He turned out correct and so will she. This 'war virus' will not be contained/stopped by importing more armaments (vaccines), like pouring fuel on a fire. The transmission will heat up.

I will bet anything, those lockdown and mass-vaxx fanatics, today, are those predominantly in favor of deploying arms (and men, too) into Ukraine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anthony said:

Should OL be a part of the propaganda-for-Ukraine machine? 

Four roaring jets flew over about two hours ago. If they were from NAS Oceana where I used to live or heading for Orlando for vacation . . . I don't know. 

I rethought that. The jets must have been from up north heading south to Orlando. Or from Dover AFB which is not as good. But four in a row is unusual. Yeah. It must have been for Orlando. Hey Mickey!

But four in a row, seconds apart, is strange. Hey, Vlad! Just being funny.

Austria rethinks just now . . .  From the news. Russia gears up for bloodier phase of “the war.” Also, from the news. Sweden, Finland, Slovenia, etc., ETC. , ETC.,  may now want to join NATO. I have no intellectual problem with that.

There is an interesting story on the web about a Ukrainian woman who grew up in a Russian speaking household, and her mother only speaks Russian. However, when the shelling and bombing started in her city, waking her up in the morning, she resolved to only speak Ukrainian. But she still communicates with her mother in Russian. I think I got that right.  

The new Russian general in charge of the Ukrainian invasion and murder has the nickname, The Butcher of Syria. And it was confirmed that he used poison gas in Syria. Now I have seen one story, but it is not confirmed, that he has used poison gas in Ukraine. 

I sure hope the stories I've been seeing on the webs are false and propaganda, the ones that keep saying that Americans are controlling a lot of the operations on the ground. I want to believe that , but I'm not sure. I hope to hell that train station wasn't struck with a Ukrainian missile under fire control of an embedded force or advisor. I really really don't want that to be even close to trueish.

Less lethal anecdote of media inspired clustereffing, a local Indian owned LukOil gas station( the least expensive in town) is now festooned with equal parts Old Glory and the Ukrainian flags, comically so.

tmj wrote: . . . a local Indian owned LukOil gas station( the least expensive in town) is now festooned with equal parts Old Glory and the Ukrainian flags, comically so. end quote

I am assuming his origins are from India and not American Indian. That is funny, but I guess he is trying to get along.

I do not think the U.S. will send any troops into Ukraine, even as advisors. It will take the defeat (or just give up Russkies and go back) or the occupation of Ukraine, and possible guerrilla warfare, before Russia is ready for its next monstrous blunder. It may be that portions of Ukraine will be annexed and occupied by Russia. For now.

Some things I cobbled together from the net.

What countries border Ukraine? Hungary, Poland, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Belarus, and of course, Russia. If or when Ukraine is defeated which countries will be most fearful? All except Belarus could be on Vlad’s invasion agenda. Slovakia, Romania, Poland, and Hungary are NATO members but Moldova is not.

From Newsweek: . . . Moldova's 1994 constitution enshrined Chisinau's neutrality. Popsecu said Russia's invasion of Ukraine will not change this policy. "Constitutionally, Moldova cannot take sides in military conflicts," he said. "Moldova is focusing on easing, and facilitating, and responding to the humanitarian needs of Ukrainian citizens, or citizens of other countries, who have been forced out of their homes onto our territory."

From Bing: Is Russia building up troops on Ukraine's border with Moldova? . . . Sandu said she was concerned about a Russian military build-up on Ukraine's border. But she said there were no signs of increased Russian activity in Transnistria, a breakaway, Russian-speaking province along Moldova's eastern side.

Belarus is “aligned with Russia.” Notes. From MSN: Does Belarus have military relations with Russia? Military vehicles during the Allied Resolve 2022 joint military drills held by Belarusian and Russian troops at the Obuz-Lesnovsky training ground in Belarus, on Feb. 19. After breaking away from a crumbling Soviet Union in the early 1990s, Belarus stayed loosely aligned with Russia, unlike its neighbors.