The January 6, 2021 Capitol Riot Horse Hooey

TG,

I don't want to make a big thing out of this, which is why I have not commented so far.

But, before this escalates, let me say a word or two.

As I have said before, people come to things in their own time. 

The typical Objectivist response to disagreement is to point the finger, condemn, then sever contact. What does it say about Objectivism when two Objectivists do that to each other? (I'm talking in general.)

One thing it says for sure. Objectivism does not and cannot prevent that.

So the issue is not Objectivism or even principles.

As a person, do you think Peter wishes you ill? I can almost guarantee you he does not.

Do you think radical Islamist Muslims wish you ill? Or technocratic globalists who release bioweapons--even if you agree with this idea or that of theirs? Or outright thieves and embezzlers?

Of course they do.

That's a perspective to think about.

People--good people--often say things in anger or frustration they don't normally mean. And people who have been around O-Land many, many years are set in their ways. So it's hard when the world is no longer as it was.

But this second group of people, the radical haters, generally say what they mean when they say they want to destroy you. In my view, I prefer to spend my time keeping an eye on them rather than wasting my time fighting (for real) with good people.

Or put it this way. If you had to leave your kids (if you had any) with someone for a time, who would you prefer to leave them with, Peter or anyone from this second group? 

That's the standard I use to measure the heart of a man or woman. Whether or not I would leave my own kids with them. And I would leave my own kids with Peter in a heartbeat. A doubt would simply not arise in my mind about him taking good care of them. (btw - I would leave my kids with you, too. :) )

So when Peter gets cranky because the world is changing and we are adapting, but it's not his time yet, I just let him be cranky. It goes in one ear and out the other. 

Years of friendship forge this. You get to know who people really are despite words.

Enemies get my contempt. Not friends, no matter how much I may disagree with them.

Michael

56 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

As a person, do you think Peter wishes you ill?

Well, he wanted to see Alex Jones beheaded, so who knows... 😉

But I'd be happy to let it go, should he agree that it was over the top, and that he was speaking rashly/emotionally.

TG,

Like I said, I'm not going to make an issue out of this.

But I do believe I can shed awareness.

Persuasion is not transactional in essence. 

So there's a choice when they collide. Reality does not allow for both when things get hostile.

Do you want to be a persuader? Or do you want transactions only in discussions?

It's your life. Your values.

I think I'll leave that right there, too. Each person has to choose his or her own path.

Or how about this?

Get a room you two.

:)

Michael

Personally I love the banter and Peter and TG and others and myself create the entity that begets further discussions on the most serious issues of the day.

Sometimes good things come out of nice comments and sometimes out of heated discussions.

I would love if Peter and TG would help me babysit my toddler some days, even by a Zoom call so my child could see and hear the discussion.

I love TG's inout here and also love Peters input ( especially when he lets me know what MSM are saying- saves me time).

I also think that this is a good time to remind folks how valuable this board is and to try and send some fiat currency to MSK to  help the board continue to operate and even get better.

#justsaying

#donationmonth

On 10/19/2022 at 1:40 AM, ThatGuy said:

Well, he wanted to see Alex Jones beheaded, so who knows... 😉

But I'd be happy to let it go, should he agree that it was over the top, and that he was speaking rashly/emotionally.

TG,

You'll never get fair from Peter.  He doesn’t have fair in him to give.

He's done the same sorts of things he's been doing here on issue after issue ever since he started posting on Old Atlantis twenty-two years ago - including the accusations of not being "an Objectivist" against anyone who doesn’t see things his (head in the sand) way.

As to myself, I never have considered myself "an Objectivist."  Rand  was much too ignorant of biology for me to sign on in full.  I'm a "fellow traveler" - and very admiring and appreciative of the genius feat of writing Atlas Shrugged.

Ellen

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

21 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

TG,

You'll never get fair from Peter.  He doesn’t have fair in him to give.

He's done the same sorts of things he's been doing here on issue after issue ever since he started posting on Old Atlantis twenty-two years ago - including the accusations of not being "an Objectivist" against anyone who doesn’t see things his (head in the sand) way.

As to myself, I never have considered myself "an Objectivist."  Rand  was much too ignorant of biology for me to sign on in full.  I'm a "fellow traveler" - and very admiring and appreciative of the genius feat of writing Atlas Shrugged.

Ellen

Well said although Rand herself did say that she was the only Objectivist and others were students of Objectivism, at least that is what Barbara told me when I visited her in LA.

Re Peter and the beheading, did Peter really say that? 

The only proof that would satisfy me is if Peter himself found a quote on MSM that he said it.

If not, there is no proof.

And to quote Rodney King, can't we all just get along.

3 hours ago, Marc said:

Re Peter and the beheading, did Peter really say that? 

The only proof that would satisfy me is if Peter himself found a quote on MSM that he said it.

If not, there is no proof.

Twice, and called him a "neo-Nazi":

(full quote that doesn't show until you go to link:)

"He is a MONSTER. He should be beheaded . . .  making light of children's deaths for his own profit?! He is toast. Don't defend him. "

"I think he is a villain. No O/objectivist should defend him. There is no rational reason to defend that bastard."

"Is anyone claiming Alex Jones REALLY thought fantasies were true and saying hurtful things was not morally corrupt? I think he knew what he was doing: building a Neo Nazi empire."

The parents of children killed at Sandy Hook have been harassed by Alex Jones supporters. I think he is an evil person, and his trial and downfall were good things. I used to think he was fun to watch but so many have been hurt by his lies and "fake causes." He deserves no passes. He deserves no respect. Re-watch his testimony when he lies then backtracks as he lies some more. Morally, he should not be defended by the moral people here on OL.   

Chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug, Make you want to holler hi-de-ho, Burns your tummy, don't cha know? Chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug What’s next for you Alex Jones supporters. Pearl Harbor and 911 never happened . . . or, I have heard this a lot over the years, the attacks were prompted by America’s actions? Is the Taiwan conspiracy next? General Keane on Fox was just talking about Ukraine and mentioned there were a lot of shady deals done there, but . . . Russia is still at fault for the murders of people there and now they are targeting Ukraine's power plants so civilians will freeze this winter. Evil is as evil does.  

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Twice, and called him a "neo-Nazi":

(full quote that doesn't show until you go to link:)

"He is a MONSTER. He should be beheaded . . .  making light of children's deaths for his own profit?! He is toast. Don't defend him. "

"I think he is a villain. No O/objectivist should defend him. There is no rational reason to defend that bastard."

"Is anyone claiming Alex Jones REALLY thought fantasies were true and saying hurtful things was not morally corrupt? I think he knew what he was doing: building a Neo Nazi empire."

No no I was talking tongue in cheek because I always mention that Peter wants proof of the election fraud and I always ask him re proof of whatever.

Not trying to inflame anyone at all.

When Peter takes me for Chinese once President Trump is re instated I will offer that you can come too, Peters' treat of course.

16 hours ago, Peter said:

??? That reinstating plot went nowhere. Twinkle, twinkle little star, I wonder if President Trump still thinks it will happen. I doubt it.

Well we do know ( most of us, but not you as MSM has not advised you yet ) that the midterms will be a huge sweeeeeeeeeeeeep and we will reclaim the Senate.

After that if you do a little non MSM research on Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, etc etc you will realize that it is an inevitabilty my non believing of reality friend.

" Mary had a little scam......" 

On 10/20/2022 at 12:15 PM, Peter said:

What’s next for you Alex Jones supporters.

Peter,

How about a few trillion dollars?

Sandy Hook Families Ask Judge to Max Out Alex Jones Penalty

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

Sandy Hook families said a Connecticut judge should impose “the highest possible punitive damages” for Alex Jones, suggesting by one calculation that could be as high as $2.75 trillion.

$2.75 trillion?

Trillion?

LOL...

That is called a reality problem. That is when words have no connection to reality. They only have connection to a story in someone's head. And it's not even a good story.

That one is worse mental-health-wise than anything Alex has been alleged to do. Why? Because they are doing it in a court of law.

This reminds me of the Salem Witch trials of yesteryear.

It also reminds me of people who can only count on the fingers of one hand. Alex was fined about one billion dollars. Now his accusers want almost 3 trillion. What's a trillion here or there? After all, they all fit on the fingers of one hand...

Michael

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

There's this, too.

This information is legit.

Michael

2.75 trillion? 

Only??

I think that they should up their game and ask for 4.2 quadrillion.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I agree. The case for money that is non existent and way too large a settlement puts the issue into clown territory.

He'll never be able to pay that, so, I guess we'll just have to settle on having him beheaded, right?

Stop your whining child. hy·per·bo·le [hīˈpərbəlē] NOUN exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Simple Definition: How to Explain Hyperbole to a Child Hyperbole is a literary tool used to emphasize a story element through exaggeration. You can use it in many content types. For example, you can say you are bored to tears even if you were never close to crying.

RETALIATION AND JUSTIFICATION; A DANGEROUS MIX. Offending from the victim position is when a person acts on the notion that retaliation is justified. For example, “You yelled at me, now I have every right to yell, scream and rage at you.”

Soooooo, when is dissing a person who jokingly hyperventilated, a misdemeanor . . . joke