The January 6, 2021 Capitol Riot Horse Hooey

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

[Pence] was not asked to claim unilateral authority to determine anything. He was asked to fulfill his role strictly as given in law.

"Given in law" ... which law (or laws)?

He had full right and power--in law--to grant the states that wanted more time to verify the legitimacy of their electoral votes.

Which law/s?

The law could not be clearer about that and procedure was followed to the letter in presenting the request.

"The law could not be clearer about that" ... which particular or laws?

It's so frustrating to look at the law and read it when it says the VP can do XXX.

Which law/s?

Then Pence comes out and, in the face of such clear language, says the law does not permit him to do XXX.

Which "such clear language"?

[...]

Under the law, he had discretion to choose what he would do. And he chose. He did not break any law, nor would he have broken a law had he chose otherwise. He was not prohibited by law from granting the extra time.

It's hard to follow the argument without reference to the law or laws you are reading (or have in mind).

The “attempt” to overturn the election because of fraud have never panned out or been proven. Is it time to stop “wasting time?” My attitude is much like former Attorney General Bill Barr. Dwelling on a mythical past and what might have been, is not worth the effort and it is taking away from the reelection campaign of President Trump. Peter  

From Insider: Ivanka Trump told House select committee investigators that she "accepted" former Attorney General Bill Barr's perspective that her father's claims about election fraud were wrong.

From Wikipedia: The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements is a non-fiction book authored by the American social philosopher Eric Hoffer. Published in 1951, it depicts a variety of arguments in terms of applied world history and social psychology to explain why mass movements arise to challenge the status quo. Hoffer discusses the sense of individual identity and the holding to particular ideals that can lead to extremism and fanaticism among both leaders and followers.

for humor from Idina Menzel:

Let it go!
Let it go!
Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go!
Let it go!
Turn away and slam the door

I don't care
What they're going to say
Let the storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all

• Upvote 1

Pence is a putz, blaming him is in some ways a smoke screen. The procedure(s) for ensuring a proper tabulation of the electoral college 'votes' rests entirely with the states. By their representatives in Congress requesting a debate on a particular slate of electors and each request must come from the House verbally in conjunction with a letter from the Senate.

If enough requests are granted and the arguments sustained the slates would be referred back to the individual state legislatures to 're-certify'.

As late as January 5th , it was reported that there were enough such requests that there would have been less than the required electoral college ballots for either candidate to be certified. The riot is only thing that happened that day , other than the 'ceremony' and by the end of the process there were no longer enough sustained requests to deny either candidate an electoral majority based on the submitted and accepted slates. Is this an example of post hoc fallacy, seeing the riot as being the cause of the lack of request, perhaps , maybe the reports of Congressional support for calls for recertification were gamed in the press but maybe not.

What is true , is that the election of 2020 was fucked from day one. The extent of mail in balloting and loosened chains of custody whose origins run counter to almost all of the state constitutions where they occurred should have been prima facie reasoning to pull back slates. Even if the slates were ultimately resubmitted, but that did not happen and by all accounts was a possible course of action. The commies would have had enough balls to use whatever means necessary to get their preferred  outcome , oh wait they did, the people with non violent legal means/maneuvers at their disposal were the pussies and backed down, and you know what ? the commies KNEW the pussies they were up against, most of them are still there, who do we think is going to prevail? the pussies ? or the commies who know who the pussies are?

Is it time to move on? From Business Insider: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is best placed to take Trump's place as a 2024 GOP presidential nominee. An expert on authoritarianism told Insider that's because he's learned all of Trump's lessons. The expert added that DeSantis 'doesn't have the baggage of Trump,' and could rally voters. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis could be the GOP's natural successor to former President Donald Trump as a 2024 presidential candidate, and he doesn't come with Trump's drama, an expert on authoritarianism told Insider. end quote

The above is smeared with BS but I am worried the current Liz Cheney group may have some evidential mud that will stick. Though the above quote and evaluation is derogatory, and even though I am still a “wavering” Trump supporter, someone has mentioned a potential nominee other than Donald Trump: Ron DeSantis. Time will tell. Peter

“Wherever Law ends, Tyranny begins.” John Locke  

Time to move on from what ?

Is it time to allow the commie incursion to keep all ill-gotten gains and field candidates that will start from the status quo and promise so promisingly to not let it happen again ? Time for Lindsey the bachelor to write some more letters ? Maybe time again for Bush style compassionate conservatism ?

Better it's time to move on DC , and MAGA the fuck out of shit, because there isn't much time left. "They" just shut the world down for two years and "we" let them, that's not good.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, william.scherk said:

"Given in law" ... which law (or laws)?

William,

Don't be silly. As this thing was unfolding, you read this stuff. And if you did not read it, it was not because it wasn't posted. It was right in front of you. (Back then, you were starry-eyed about Marc Elias.)

Go back and find the laws.

Or look them up. I did

You are good at finding laws. Start with Wikipedia, for God's sake and move onto the House Documents and Rules for the Meeting, etc. 

I, right now, don't recall the wordings and legalese. I don't have that kind of memory. But I know what I concluded back then when I read all that stuff. All of that is right here on OL. And right here on threads where you participated.

Now you ask in a tone insinuating that this does not exist?

Heh...

I am not going to interrupt what I am doing just to play gotcha with you. Would you like a foot massage while I do your homework for you? Hell no. I'm not playing that shit.

5 hours ago, william.scherk said:

It's hard to follow the argument without reference to the law or laws you are reading (or have in mind).

So don't follow the argument. Dismiss me as an idiot.

Michael

• Smile 1

4 hours ago, Peter said:

The “attempt” to overturn the election because of fraud have never panned out or been proven...

Peter,

Then you don't have to worry about what will happen with those millions of MAGA people who are looking into it.

That includes upcoming authorities like future Governors, Secretaries of State, Attorneys General, etc. I can give you names, if you like. Many of them just won the GOP nomination.

They are not going to stop just because someone says they should stop.

What do you want to do about them?

Michael

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Peter said:

... I am worried the current Liz Cheney group may have some evidential mud that will stick.

Peter, 

I want to say I didn't know you were a comedian. But I would not want you take that as a put-down. That's not me. It's just a playful jab in the ribs.

:) 

As to your fear of the House Committee finding something, I'm not worried in the least. The people surrounding all this will give some lawfare shot or other and they will manipulate the hell out of the press, but the MAGA movement is coming hot and heavy right at them, and it is coming with Trump. This movement is is from the ground up this time. Nothing is top-down. And boy do they have lawyers this go around.

I have seen it all being put in place brick-by-brick.

This is scaring the holy shit out of the establishment. Some of the people you worry about finding something on Trump will end up in prison. Mark my words. They know it, too. They know what they did. 

With MAGA in charge, they may not even shut down the House Committee on Jan. 6. I keep hearing them say they are going to investigate the committee itself (btw - which is not legitimate in the way Pelosi put it together). 

Since your main news digest is from establishment outlets, may I make a suggestion?

Turn off your fear emotions, get out the popcorn and enjoy the show, even from mainstream outlets.

Not only will you see Chicken Little screaming the sky is falling every day and in every way (and watch it fizzle over and over), you will also see rats jumping ship all over the place.

If you're at the barbecue turning over sausages and steaks while making sure the beer is cold instead of worrying yourself to death because some RINO or other says Orange Man Bad, you will be greatly entertained.

Watch it happen. Nothing can stop it, anyway.

Michael

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tmj said:

Pence is a putz, blaming him is in some ways a smoke screen.

T,

The rhetoric gets hyperbolic, but underneath, nobody is blaming Pence for anything but lying about not having a choice. Well, they blame him for the choice he made, they hate that, but the lie is what sticks in the MAGA craw in moral terms.

Pence was once Trump's back-up man, then he became just another lying-ass politician in their eyes. (And we all know politicians lie because they sell out.)

In fact, that lie is why people call him a putz. You, yourself, just called him a putz. If he came out and owned his choice like a man, people would call him a RINO, but respect him a lot more.

Think about it. MAGA people hate Adam Kinzinger, but they respect him a lot more than they respect Pence. Kinzinger went down with his ship and did not waver in his beliefs.

All they see in Pence right now is a coward or weasel. Someone who was not really the right man for the job, regardless of what choice he would have made.

This is the general MAGA feeling about Pence from what I have seen. And I see a lot of MAGA all the time.

Michael

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

What do you want to do about them?

You say millions of Maga people are looking into election fraud? 99 percent of them are reading what others "looked into." It's been two years. Then three or four wasted years. Next election in 2024. One decent thing said at the Liz Cheney Tribunal was that they will look into ways to better ensure the vote.

At the local level, many republicans will be doing just that. We Worcester County MD folks are mostly Republican. Our next primary at the local level is July 19 and I will be voting. 

The majority of misspent energy should be going for positive 2024 results.   

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Peter said:

Peter,

A new "should" doesn't compute with MAGA people on this issue.

They are already doing what they are convinced they should be doing.

Ask Kari Lake, for instance.

Need more names? There are plenty of them.

I know you don't believe it, but all I can say is watch it happen.

Once courts accept evidence rather than bribes or intimidation to jettison cases without a hearing, I believe even you will be impressed. Not to mention the plethora of laws that will be passed by State Legislatures on voting integrity.

That will only happen after MAGA takes over. Not to worry. November is coming on fast. Then transparency will start to reign again in America starting in 2023--after the MAGA people are sworn in.

Michael

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

You say millions of Maga people are looking into election fraud? 99 percent of them are reading what others "looked into."

Peter,

Just to be a pain in the ass, do you know many MAGA people?

Lots of them are doing a hell of a lot more than reading.

You should see the size of the volunteer army that does all kinds of donkey-work, not to mention the size of the Precinct Project turnout all across America.

MAGA people are taking over local governments, starting down at the dog-catcher level and going on up. There's a reason the fake-news media is spooked and keeps doing above-the-fold hit pieces on them.

And guess what MAGA people want to know? They want to know when the people who perpetrated the 2020 election fraud will go to prison. And what will happen when state electors to the electoral college are recalled and decertified for voting fraudulently (that is, voting after taking position by crime).

MAGA people will find out. Oh, will they find out...

Michael

Peter,

I've got some 2024 election reading for you that you might find interesting.

It's from The Atlantic.

Why Biden Shouldn’t Run in 2024

original.png
WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

Yes, he’s fit to be president right now. But he’s too old for the next election.

Do you want to know what The Atlantic--and ALL of the fake news media--is talking about right now? Headline after headline after headline? Prime time news?

Trump.

And then there's Trump.

And then there's some more Trump.

And then there are loads and hunks of Trump.

That's the mainstream media.

Do you see a pattern?

Michael

Here's a perfect example of what I am talking about in the previous post.

I took a screenshot from Drudge just now.

image.png

Notice that there are two links bashing Biden and 5 links bashing Trump in one form or another.

But isn't Biden the one in office? Isn't he supposed to be the relevant one?

Heh heh heh...

That imbalance is only there because they are scared to death of what is happening in MAGA-land right now. In fact, they are only bashing Biden instead of circling the wagons around him because they know Trump will make mincemeat out of him before too long (impeachment coming), much less if he runs in 2024.

Michael

• Upvote 1

Heh heh heh...

CNN Analyst Tells Don Lemon “Don, You’re Wrong” About Potential Trump Conspiracy Charge

Don-Lemon-3.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Don Lemon was called out by one of his crazy CNN analysts thisweek in a discussion about the Jan 6 garbage conspiracy charges against President Trump.   Mediaite reported on the CNN exchange yesterday:...

Here is a direct link to the video for those interested.

hd-Ee.w4Vc.jpg

RUMBLE.COM

Don Lemon argues with CNN Analyst over Trump

I don't like Phil Mudd. Not at all. That dude is Mr. Deep State on crack. There's something off about his emotional meltdowns...

But I bet he knows about the shakeups happening behind the scenes at CNN. And I further bet before too long he will still be at CNN and Don Lemon will not.

Michael

• Smile 1

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Do you want to know what The Atlantic--and ALL of the fake news media--is talking about right now? Headline after headline after headline? Prime time news?

Trump.

A heartbeat away . . . . I forget how old Trump will be in 2024 but Biden is reeeeallly old. 

Will the Dems go left, or centrist if there is a dropout?

From TIM (This Interests Me) How old will Joe Biden and Donald Trump be when the 2024 US presidential election takes place? When the next US presidential election takes place on November 5, 2024, incumbent president Joe Biden will be 81 years old. He will also be just 15 days away from turning 82. Meanwhile, his predicted challenger, Donald J. Trump, will be 77. end quote

Biden 81, almost 82 and 77 for President Trump!!!! That means Trump would be 81 at the end of his second term and Biden would be 120! joke

Irony of ironies.

INSURRECTION: Colbert Producers Caught by Police Invading US Capitol After Work Hours — Aided by Adam Schiff — Stalk and Harass US Lawmakers

apcolbert.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

On Thursday night several CBS employees who work for Colbert’s late-night show were arrested in the US Capitol, trespassing after hours, and HARASSING GOP lawmakers. The US Capitol was closed at the time...

On Thursday night several CBS employees who work for Colbert’s late-night show were arrested in the US Capitol, trespassing after hours, and HARASSING GOP lawmakers.

The US Capitol was closed at the time.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) let the insurrectionists in the building.

The group of leftist insurrectionists reportedly banged on doors of several Republican offices – including that of Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California, Jim Jordan of Ohio and Lauren Boebert of Colorado.

These are the people who were arrested by the capitol police.

image.png

According to Congressman Rodney Davis below, these people were arrested on criminal charges. In fact, these are the exact same charges brought against the Jan. 6 pro-Trump people.

So, will Colbert's staff go to solitary confinement for 18 months without a trial?

Since Adam Schiff is involved, will there be some kind of congressional hearing against him to clear up this mess? Ditto for Congressman Jake Auchincloss, who was also involved in letting the criminals in.

I want to think these idiots for adding to the MAGA votes in November and Trump support.

I doubt anything will happen to them legally except a slap on the wrist.

But...

People on the fence don't like a two-tiered justice system that they can see openly. Many don't mind if they can't see it, but when they can see it this blatantly, they get uneasy and do things like vote MAGA.

Michael

• Upvote 1

Irony of ironies.

INSURRECTION: Colbert Producers Caught by Police Invading US Capitol After Work Hours — Aided by Adam Schiff — Stalk and Harass US Lawmakers

apcolbert.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

On Thursday night several CBS employees who work for Colbert’s late-night...

These are the people who were arrested by the capitol police.

image.png

According to Congressman Rodney Davis below, these people were arrested on criminal charges. In fact, these are the exact same charges brought against the Jan. 6 pro-Trump people.

So, will Colbert's staff go to solitary confinement for 18 months without a trial?

Since Adam Schiff is involved, will there be some kind of congressional hearing against him to clear up this mess? Ditto for Congressman Jake Auchincloss, who was also involved in letting the criminals in.

I want to think these idiots for adding to the MAGA votes in November and Trump support.

I doubt anything will happen to them legally except a slap on the wrist.

But...

People on the fence don't like a two-tiered justice system that they can see openly. Many don't mind if they can't see it, but when they can see it this blatantly, they get uneasy and do things like vote MAGA.

Michael

Rules for thee but not for me.

Accuse your enemy of your worst crime.

On 6/16/2022 at 12:44 PM, Peter said:

The “attempt” to overturn the election because of fraud have never panned out or been proven. Is it time to stop “wasting time?” My attitude is much like former Attorney General Bill Barr. Dwelling on a mythical past and what might have been, is not worth the effort and it is taking away from the reelection campaign of President Trump. Peter  

From Insider: Ivanka Trump told House select committee investigators that she "accepted" former Attorney General Bill Barr's perspective that her father's claims about election fraud were wrong.

From Wikipedia: The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements is a non-fiction book authored by the American social philosopher Eric Hoffer. Published in 1951, it depicts a variety of arguments in terms of applied world history and social psychology to explain why mass movements arise to challenge the status quo. Hoffer discusses the sense of individual identity and the holding to particular ideals that can lead to extremism and fanaticism among both leaders and followers.

for humor from Idina Menzel:

Let it go!
Let it go!
Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go!
Let it go!
Turn away and slam the door

I don't care
What they're going to say
Let the storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all

Peter, you are one of my favourite posters here on OL.

I see how smart you are, and I also see your wisdom and ability to search and find informative information and also I really love your moxie and bantering with you.

I also know that you know deep down that it would be impossible to run for President for a third time, stay in your basement and not campaign while your Presidential candidate opposite has 1.1 million people come to his rallies and you cannot get more than 6 people at your pressers.

All this and you still get more votes than anyone in history including your shadow President boss, President Obama.

No way you believe the election was real and btw, it has been proven.

And I'm still going to come take you out for Chinese food when Trump is back in the Whitehouse this year.

On 6/17/2022 at 1:10 AM, Peter said:

You say millions of Maga people are looking into election fraud? 99 percent of them are reading what others "looked into." It's been two years. Then three or four wasted years. Next election in 2024. One decent thing said at the Liz Cheney Tribunal was that they will look into ways to better ensure the vote.

At the local level, many republicans will be doing just that. We Worcester County MD folks are mostly Republican. Our next primary at the local level is July 19 and I will be voting. 

Respectfully, if the problem ( stealing elections) is not solved then 2022, 2024, 2026, 2028, 2030,2032,etc are moot.

It is not misspent energy, it is saving the entire world.

5 hours ago, Marc said:

All this and you still get more votes than anyone in history including your shadow President boss, President Obama

It would be hard to lose with the world and America in decline with Biden in charge. Without some sort of legal challenges, I don’t see Trump losing to Biden. Near where I live in the seaside town of Rehoboth Beach, President Biden fell off his bike but is OK.

From “Government of Canada.” Canada was a founding member of the Alliance and has remained as a member since its inception. NATO is a major contributor to international peace and security and is the cornerstone of Canadian security and defence policy. Canada’s priority for NATO is to ensure the Alliance remains modern, flexible, agile and able to face current and future threats. This goal drives all of Canada’s efforts on NATO transformation, reform and partnerships with non-NATO countries.

Wanna see one of the things that will get clarified once MAGA takes over?

IT LOOKS LIKE THE FBI CREATED THE MIKE PENCE GALLOWS ON JAN 6TH

For those who don't know, a gallows was erected near the capitol for the Jan. 6 event and rioters were supposed to be yelling "Hang Mike Pence!"

And Liz Cheney made a big deal out of this in Congress.

Salty was referencing this article:

Shocker: FBI Has Still Not Identified Who Set Up the Fake Art “Gallows” on Jan. 6 or Arrested Anyone Chanting “Hang Mike Pence”

art-gallows-noose-jan-6.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Last week, serial liar Liz Cheney lectured the American public telling her national audience during on live TV that Donald Trump expressed approval to death threats against Vice President Mike Pence. Cheney...

As Salty says, there were a gazillion smart-phones out there that day with people filming from them, not to mention the security cameras from all those buildings, and satellites galore constantly circling overhead, but there are no videos of the people who built this thing. Also, the FBI took the gallows over after the rally and it has now gone down some black memory hole.

So let's see. In a rally of about 1,000,000 people, nobody built this gallows and nobody chanted "Hang Mike Pence" (except for one video that looks staged), yet Liz Cheney sees fit to present this in Congress as something against Trump.

yawn...

Could the FBI have done that, maybe in cahoots with the missing pipe bomber, all those thousands of hours of video footage that nobody will release, all that theater that day from infiltrators (including Ebbs), and all those political prisoners rotting in DC jails for months without trial?

Heh...

They think they are getting away with this. I wonder what they will think when some of them are in prison after a real investigation.

Show trials are for dictatorships, not for America. Those who are doing show trials right now will be punished.

Michael

I am watching some of the Capital Riot Committee proceedings, and it is incriminating towards President Trump. Unfortunately for him he made calls to people in several states which were recorded. In his own words he asks election officials to come up with the ballots and admit there was massive fraud in their states. When the election officials say something like “No, they have investigated and found no massive fraud,” he tries to convince them to change their tunes and some of the words he uses sound like threats.

Trump asked the official from Georgia to find dead voters who voted for Biden. The official had already found two dead voters up to that time. But they did search and found an additional two dead voters for a total of four. I have no idea what is “normal voter fraud" but four in one state does not sound like a convincing argument.  

There are also several calls from President Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani and even a Zoom call. Right now, the Committee is interviewing a Georgia election official who said Giuliani allegedly threatened her. She was directed to a web site that contained threats and racist comments. Trump recorded a message that attacked her Mom, another election official, by name. There were calls that threated her, her Mom Ruby Freeman, and her family. The Mom felt like she needed to leave her home because of the threats to break into her home to “make a citizen’s arrest.”

Though the “snips” they are showing cannot be admitted as evidence in a court of law, they are quite overwhelming. So, what will come of this? We shall see.