How does a foreign government "influence" an election in a meaningful way? After all we are a freedom loving people who are used to political ads, explicit, and covert tactics to change our minds about candidates and manufactured products. We know when we are being conned or swayed. Every human has that built in fake-o-meter about everything in life. Politicians? Salespeople? And even associates and family members have taught us to take everything "with a grain of salt."  So, unless I join a "mob" or a "rally," my thinking will not be influenced. Peter 

4 hours ago, Peter said:

We know when we are being conned or swayed. Every human has that built in fake-o-meter about everything in life.

qanonPhemomBlogHEADER2.pngQ

Edited by william.scherk
Feiko Mitre image with hidden link

Look at the fake news bullies have a hissy fit when their thuggery is called out and the victim won't back down.

From The Daily Mail.

I was attacked at a restaurant and mocked for my looks and it's the media's fault complains Sarah Sanders as she REFUSES to back Ivanka in saying reporters aren't 'the enemy of the people'

(Sorry about the font size, but Willism is playing font games, see his post below, so I can't resist. :) )

You can see the video here.

The funniest freakout, though, was from Nicole Wallace. Why?

Bigotry, pure and simple.

Elitist bigotry and having a case of the vapors about the gall of them uppity low-class commoners. (shudder) :) 

Oh, the horror! The horror! The true lady sweats...

:evil: 

This could have been a perfect parody of a pretentious Southern hothouse flower of yesteryear having a conniption fit about black slaves, but this video is now, not then, and Nicole Wallace was not doing a parody.

She really is an elitist bigot.

Michael

What is wrong with Ivanka Trump? 

IVANKA BREAKS FROM TRUMP: FAKE NEWS MEDIA NOT ‘ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE

President’s daughter splits from anti-fake news rhetoric

And speaking of bigotry in the fake news outlets, has anyone seen who the New York Times just hired?

From The Gateway Pundit:

Wow! NYT Hires Sarah Jeong to Editorial Board — Who Has Twitter Page Littered with Racist Filth

(More font games. :) )

This is all over the news, so I probably should choose a different source. But this one feels right.

Here is an image of some of this genius's tweets.

nyt-hater-jeong.jpg

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Keepin' it classy...

And the other fake news?

I swear, you can dress 'em up, but you can't take 'em anywhere.

:) 

Michael

Something else interesting on Sarah Jeong.

From National Review:

Newest Member of NYT Editorial Board Has History of Racist Tweets

You can read more of her garbage there.

But one item jumped out at me:

Jeong’s comments, which have drawn considerable backlash among fellow journalists on Twitter, emerged months after the Times fired another new hire, Quinn Norton, over racist and anti-gay language in her old tweets.

Just hours after hiring Norton as a tech writer, the Times revoked the offer, claiming it was initially unaware of the tweets.

“Despite our review of Quinn Norton’s work and our conversations with her previous employers, this was new information to us. Based on it, we’ve decided to go our separate ways,” Times editorial-page editor James Bennet said at the time.

“I’m sorry I can’t do the work I wanted to do with them. I wish there had been a way, but ultimately, they need to feel safe with how the net will react to their opinion writers,” Norton tweeted after being dismissed.

In other words, The New York Times likes to hire tech reporters who are bigots and racists.

That's the pattern that's forming.

So it's not only fake news these days, it's racist news.

Michael

EDIT: BTW - Here's Alex Jones's take on her:

Fellin' the luv...

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

What is wrong with Ivanka Trump? 

Oh My GOD!!!! It's a Gotcha Tee Hee Hee! Ivanka has some views which differ somewhat from her father's? Who woulda thunk! Major news, right there.

And out of everything she said in the interview, all the ground that she covered, all of the issues that she addressed very intelligently, this is what we get from the left and its lapdog media. The most important piece from that interview, to them, is them. "Tell us about us! What do you think of us? Your dad doesn't like us. Do you feel the same? We think he's a big meanie. Do you agree? Please give us something about us that we can talk about. What you and others is the only thing that matters."

J

6 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Oh My GOD!!!! It's a Gotcha Tee Hee Hee!

Jonathan,

The following just came out so you don't know how 100% accurate you are.

The left has a far far far far far faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr way to go before they can troll President Trump without stepping in a bigass pile of horseshit.

So take that, anti-Trumpers.

GOTCHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:  :) 

Michael

"The formation of a new world order has been launched ... "

#RussianOligarchLivesMatter #FreeThomas #JailBrowder #HangEmHigh

I love this channel, it is so unvarnished, he said sardonically. For example, the UK has stumbled so far down the ranks of First World Big Guys that the GDP of Russia, with twice the UK's population, is only half as much. In other words, ie, to illustrate, Russian Federation GDP 2017: $1,577,524M -- UK GDP: 2017: $2,622,434M. [source]

Offshore billions bled out of Russian, mind. Among which foreign harbours are ... the UK. 

Edited by william.scherk
Corrrrruption!

Canadian TV took its eyes off the latest outrage to Canadian sensibilities, which I won't share, it's so awful.  The RDI network has the snooziest, blandest, most comatose anchors of all the national news channels here. This is the flagship in French. When I say snoozy, bland, comatose, I mean in comparison to the full on game-show pinball shoutfest in say CNN's primetime (eg,  can you think of more awful shouty TV than Chris Cuomo and Giuliani and Avenatti? Shout shout shout).

So, Canadian French 24/7 news is in comparison a state funeral.  A master of ceremonies, grave, no cleavage, no bare arms, no Vegas smokey eyes, intoning the sins of the day. Calm, sombre speakers intoning the sins of the living.

Which brings me round to what I watched earlier in the day on the Internet Fox News Feed, which RDI noted.  Five top administration officials joined Sarah Huckabee Sanders at the lectern in the press briefing room at the White House. 

We get a chance to outrun the fake news and Shouty McFaye Deep Gong show retellings, by listing something factual about the statements and answers from the honchos.

Who was there at the lectern?

security-advisers.jpg

I recognize Bolton,  Coats, Wray, Nielsen, but not the military-garbed guy.

What did they say?  Well, I am going to look only at the drabbest, most plain renderings on our dull news channels  -- until I can post in a plain video of the encounters.  The "fakest of the fake" news hierarchy will be trumpeting something, but it is probably best to take the Line emerging from Sarah and the grim-faced quintet, straight.

Yes?

Coats and the Muh Russia Quartet, after a short set by the best press secretary in the business; I got a Russian-language ad before it played for me, but that is probably because I watch Russian-language media on Youtube. Or something:

Theme?  'Sauvegarder nos élections.'

Edited by william.scherk
Added theme ...

16 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

The following just came out so you don't know how 100% accurate you are.

The left has a far far far far far faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr way to go before they can troll President Trump without stepping in a bigass pile of horseshit.

So take that, anti-Trumpers.

GOTCHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:  :) 

Michael

Yup. Fallacies of illicit transference are the current stock-in-trade of the left and its press. And they are so easily burned by them.

Imagine a President Romney or McCain facing accusations argued from the specific to the general. They'd be apologizing for beliefs that they don't hold.

J

On 8/2/2018 at 9:41 AM, Jonathan said:

Let's discuss journalism via examples.

Here's a piece from today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6019537/Ivanka-breaks-fathers-immigration-policy-family-separations.html

It starts out with the headline and bulleted points...

Ivanka breaks with her father's immigration policy saying separating illegal immigrant families at the border was a 'low point' because she is 'vehemently against' it

• Government has been separating children from men and women who illegally bring them across the border because it's illegal to house kids in adult jails
  • Ivanka Trump la slong been opposed to the four-month-old policy but has spoken publicly about it only once
  • On Thursday she declared that seeing desperate parents and inconsolable children was 'a low point' in her White House tenure
  • 'I am very vehemently against family separation and the separation of parents and children' 
  • Ivanka's mother, the president's first wife Ivanka, came to the U.S. from Commuinist Czechoslovakia, but entered the country legally

...and then it goes into the article.

Read it, and see if you can identify and separate reporting of fact from the presentation of the writer's opinions, feelings or interpretations. Are any of the statements untrue, misleading, or unsupported by the facts?

Try to set aside your own feelings, biases and ideological preferences. Put on your editor's hat, try your hardest to be objective and truthful, and analyze the piece. Should it be edited? Should anything be rewritten or stripped from the article?

J

No? No takers?

Let's start with just the first phrase of the headline: "Ivanka breaks with her father's immigration policy..."

Is that true? Is that what she did? Or did she actually express her dislike of Reno v. Flores and the unintended and unwanted consequences of enforcing U.S. law and staying within the boundaries of the Supreme Courts rulings?

J

The President corrects the record:

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

The President corrects the record:

William,

You are having a bad day.

Scroll up seven posts above yours and see the exact same tweet from President Trump, except about 20 hours earlier.

In two posts up, Jonathan quoted my entire post where the tweet appeared, although OL software removes tweets when you quote a post.

(No worries. We all do this at times...)

Michael

26 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

You are having a bad day.

Scroll up seven posts above yours and see the exact same tweet from President Trump, except about 20 hours earlier.

In two posts up, Jonathan quoted my entire post where the tweet appeared, although OL software removes tweets when you quote a post.

(No worries. We all do this at times...)

Michael

Hey, MSK, I don't know if you've heard this yet, but Trump's daughter, Ivanka, was asked in an interview whether or not the media is the enemy of the people. She said that the media was not the enemy of the people. Now, guess what? Trump himself has "tweeted" about it (when a person writes a message at the website called "Twitter," it's called a "tweet"). Trump says about his daughter's comment, "She correctly said no. It is the FAKE NEWS, which is a large percentage of the media, that is the enemy of the people!"

Hahaha! How do you like them apples? Now what are you gonna do?

J

22 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

From National Review:

Newest Member of NYT Editorial Board Has History of Racist Tweets

You can read more of her garbage there.

This is all over the news, but the winner for the best headline has to be from The American Spectator:

Times Hires Harvard-Educated Honky-Hater

Screen-Shot-2018-08-02-at-12.41.23-PM.pn

Also, there are parodies galore. People are laughing at The New York Times as a tabloid rag. Even with all her disagreements with The New York Times, I can't imagine Ayn Rand ever believing the NYT would get to this point.

From The Babylon Bee:

New York Times Stands By Recent Editorial Board Hire Joseph Stalin Despite Criticism Of Mass Murder

stalin-696x394.png

Michael

Here is the absolute 100% best way to treat the fake news. President Trump has it down pat.

The technique is more subtle than it looks.

If POTUS says, "CNN sucks," or something like that, ha has gone too far in an inartful manner to gin up anything but raw hostility and war. Much better to retweet a mashup video about Trump taking CNN out during a wrestling match. Then the howling and outrage from the fake news reaches comical levels.

The secret is to denigrate the fake news media's intelligence, honesty, intentions, etc. several steps beyond the line of civility, but not enough to reach the "I will destroy you" level. Then add some art to it with comparisons, metaphors, other people, etc.

When you insult a bully, the bully simply lashes out. But when you do it in a manner that the onlookers laugh at the bully, the bully goes through an outrage phase of taunting you and demanding that you take it back. Then he will lash out. President Trump gets the fake news media into that state all the time.

The American public is constantly laughing at the outrage and grandstanding by the fake news press. Every day President Trump gives them more to be pearl-clutching outraged about. And he shows it off at his rallies where he encourages his audience to boo the press. They are laughing at the fake news press, and when those idiots pretend they are in physical danger, they laugh harder.

The truth is, the fake news press likes to give it out, but is terrible at taking it.

So their outrage is actually funny. These are supposed to be adults and they used to be taken seriously. They used to have real power to destroy politicians and celebrities. Against POTUS, they come off as silly children and nothing more.

Then there's this. Calling Lebron dumber than Don Lemon gets outrage from the sports hothouse flowers in addition to the political fake news idiots. Also, saying he likes Michael Jordan at the end throws in just the right amount of cognitive dissonance. So they cover President Trump with outrage in their precious air time minutes and reading space instead of anything else the public might be interested in.

Talk about hogging the press...

Michael

19 hours ago, Jonathan said:

One of Sarah Jeong's tweets:

"oh man it's kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men"

That is the truth. Her racist misandry is indeed sick. And not just "kind of."

Jonathan,

It goes even deeper. Sarah Jeong has solid street creds as a fake news journalist. See this from Breitbart:

Flashback: New York Times Bigot Sarah Jeong Defended UVA Rape Hoaxer

Here is her statement, but there is a whole lot more in the Breitbart article:

The people who called bullshit on this story called bullshit because they couldn't believe nice white college boys were monsters.

This lady will have no ethical problem whatsoever in producing copious amounts of fake news. She's now in her element at the preeminent fake news outlet.

Incidentally, I read an interesting comment somewhere on the Interwebs about NYT hiring a racist and bigot. The NYT is playing to its customer base. A typical NYT reader these days (but not yesteryear) doesn't think it's possible to be racist against whites. Hating whites and what they call "white privilege" is good in their eyes. And the uproar about hiring a bigot in the conservative media gets the attention of many people, including those who have the profile of a typical reader but have not yet signed up to the NYT.

So, in addition to any inherent bigotry at the NYT, this is also a marketing ploy to attract bigots as paying customers.

That sounds extremely plausible to me.

Michael

There's a lot here in Jimmy Dore's rant I don't agree with (re progressive issues), but I do agree with him that the fake news media sucks, especially CNN and MSNBC. And I agree with his passion about it.

If the mainstream leftie news media gets this level of hatred from a preeminent leftie, it's reasonable to assume the leftie fake news media is not convincing its own side of anything.

People can dismiss Jimmy Dore if they want. They will find it harder to dismiss his audience size, and thus, his impact on elections when the time comes.

Alt news media is eating away daily and the mainstream fake news media and gradually pushing it into irrelevance.

When I see things like Jimmy Dore's massively increasing reach and, maybe, The Young Turks, I'm glad there is a counterbalance with right wing alt news (Infowars, Molyneux, Styx, etc.). I don't mind living in that so-called polarized world, even when they piss me off.

I can't stand living in the world of the establishment elitists and their goddam endless wars for profit while they push and lie and cheat and manipulate through propaganda (and "behavioral science") to try to erect a structure of dictatorship by technocrats and crony insiders.

Michael