Spoiler

sinclairKOMOgorka.png

President Trump weighs in on the Sinclair Broadcasting Group "must read" controversy

Edited by william.scherk

"Ironies of the presidential reaction ..."

Edited by william.scherk

I have become an automatic skeptic of the fake news networks. Nothing they initially say without corroboration penetrates my "wall of resistance." As long ago as the late seventies I could point out a dozen lies in a magazine like "Time," and I was proved correct each time. Their propaganda becomes less believable to the MAJORITY with every day that passes.

Oh, by the way. Did you hear? Trump can't win in 2020.

sinclairTargetsTrump.png

"Sinclair lashes back ..."

OMG...

LOL...

:)

I just read the Rush Limbaugh transcript of what has been going on with this Sinclair kerfuffle and I can't stop laughing. I honestly didn't know anything about this Sinclair montage when it started, but now it's clear.

Sinclair, which owns 173 TV stations or so, started a new publicity campaign where it had all its anchors say the same thing. It was a branding promise to its audience--that it would not be fake news like the mainstream news is. (Probably a branding push for the Tribune deal.)

And the mainstream news went berserk. Whereas the mainstream news parrots the same phrase for news, the Sinclair folks were using the same phrase for a publicity campaign. And, surprise, surprise, that's kinda what happens in publicity campaigns. All of them. Duh... :)

But take at look at what Rush said.

Sinclair Outrages Media by Renouncing Fake News Parrots

Obviously he couldn't resist a few montages of his own. There are so many to choose from over the years, but he only did three. The funniest came from the year 2000, 18 years ago. He has all these ruling-class elitiests approvingly using the word "gravitas" for Dick Cheney. Here's the montage:

... let’s go back, and let’s listen to a bunch of TV journalists and print journalists parrot a talking point. This is 2000. This is 18 years ago, between July and August, after George W. Bush announced that he was going to name Dick Cheney his vice presidential running mate.

AL HUNT: He meets all of George W’s weaknesses, lack of gravitas.

JUAN WILLIAMS: We see the son, who is seeking some gravitas.

CLAIRE SHIPMAN: They were looking at candidates with gravitas.

STEVE ROBERTS: But he has the gravitas and you can sum it up in one word, stature.

VIC FAZIO: It may go to the gravitas.

JEFF GREENFIELD: We’re to use the favorite phrase, gravitas.

LESTER HOLT: This is a vice president who brought gravitas.

WOLF BLITZER: This will give some gravitas, add some credibility.

ED ROLLINS: I think the gravitas that Cheney brought to the ticket.

JONATHAN ALTER: What he gets is gravitas, a sense of weight.

BOB KERREY: He does not need anybody to give him gravitas.

MARGARET CARLSON: It means that, you know, gravitas.

MIKE MCCURRY: I think he also needs some gravitas.

SAM DONALDSON: To give gravitas.

ELEANOR CLIFT: Well, he brings gravitas.

WALTER ISAACSON: He does seem to bring some gravitas.

AL HUNT: It’s called gravitas.

MARK SHIELDS: A little gravitas!

JUDY WOODRUFF: You certainly have gravitas tonight.

SAM DONALDSON: He displayed tonight a certain gravitas.

MARIO CUOMO: I think gravitas is the word. Unfortunately for the Governor, you can’t graft gravitas. … He has gravitas.

RUSH: That was the voice of Mario “The Pious.” That was Mario Cuomo. So let’s count. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 — 18 people here in our montage, and every one of them described George W. Bush needs to choose Cheney in order to give himself gravitas. Meaning some weight, some integrity, some seriousness, because Bush was seen by all these people as a dumb, stupid Texas hick, a cowboy who was not very bright, needed Cheney on the ticket in order to give it gravitas.

Now, what is this? Is this not a bunch of journalists, both print and TV, parroting a talking point?

Compared to what the left now thinks of Cheney, this is funny as all hell...

They all walked in lockstep to gush over Dick Cheney!

Muh gravitas... muh gravitas...

Polly wanna cracker?...

LOL...

The pain... the pain...

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  

Michael

Here's a view on the Sinclair kerfuffle from the independent media.

According to Styx, a pox on all their houses.

I agree with about 80% of what he says on this issue.

For an example of a disagreement, he's taking a walk with a werewolf on the dark side of the moon when he says Ann Coulter is a secret liberal who invaded the conservatives to mock them, but hey, we all have our quirks. :) 

He's right about the fundamentals, though.

Not one of the folks who work in corporate media can say what he says or what others say in the independent media. They do not have agency over their freedom to express ideas. They all have to toe a party line. Independent media folks do not.

Also, people who used to fight the good fight against authoritarianism have now sold out and line up in the corporate media against others like them underneath, but who look like opponents on the surface, to perpetuate the illusion of difference.

Michael

btw - What happened to the media coverage on the YouTube shooter all of a sudden?

Bigotry?

That's probably it.

After all, the shooter was a woman, from a Muslim country, definitely not an NRA member, a PETA advocate, and pissed off at YouTube for censorship.

A shooting rampage is something right-wingers are supposed to do, being pissed off at YouTube for censorship is something right-wingers are supposed to do, being shallow and mediocre in her social media utterances is something right-wingers are supposed to do, not someone like her. She's supposed to be one of the good guys, progressive, intelligent and moral.

She doesn't fit the stereotype of the gun-loving honky the media sells, so they dropped the story.

The fake news mainstream media wants to promote bigotry, not this.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

btw - What happened to the media coverage on the YouTube shooter all of a sudden?

Bigotry?

That's probably it.

After all, the shooter was a woman, from a Muslim country, definitely not an NRA member, a PETA advocate, and pissed off at YouTube for censorship.

A shooting rampage is something right-wingers are supposed to do, being pissed off at YouTube for censorship is something right-wingers are supposed to do, being shallow and mediocre in her social media utterances is something right-wingers are supposed to do, not someone like her. She's supposed to be one of the good guys, progressive, intelligent and moral.

She doesn't fit the stereotype of the gun-loving honky the media sells, so they dropped the story.

The fake news mainstream media wants to promote bigotry, not this.

Michael

My guess was 1) the body count wasn't high enough and 2) she was a woman.

• 2 weeks later...

My my my my my...

Rush Limbaugh just published one hell of a list of fake new journalists with conflicts of interest.

And it's one hell of a long list:

Conflicted, Incestuous Washington Hypocrites Dare to Accuse Hannity of a Conflict of Interest!

What do I even quote?

There's too much.

This is on the same level as the WikiLeaks dumps of Podesta's emails and the DNC server hacks.

Rush is pissed and he's let loose naming names.

I have a feeling this is not going to stop at a radio presentation and transcript.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

"Scott Adams shows you some fake news about himself from Business Insider"

scottAdamsFeycanoesApril29.png

I want to say something about the White House Correspondents' Dinner as background for future readers for what I am about to say, but I said it already it. So here is a repeat:

On 4/29/2018 at 9:08 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Speaking of comedy, the anti-Trumpers yukked it up so much at the WH Correspondents' Dinner, they fell into the sewer and swam around in shit.

It stank so bad, even folks at CNN, NYT, etc., bashed the yukking.

From Axios.

Media hands Trump big, embarrassing win

From the article:

Even Drudge is noticing.

04.29.2018-21.14.png

I wonder, when they finally cancel the thing forever--at least as it exist now, if the tired old saw, the comedian was only doing her job can't anyone take a joke?, will still be a talking point.

Nah... I don't really wonder...

After all, it's first amendment and all. Michelle Wolf got to talk about the hair on her pussy, about her fantasy of Jake Tapper in orgasm, about since she's a woman, she can't jerk off in front of everyone (but don't count your chickens), about Sarah Huckabee Sanders being an Uncle Tom for women, about Ivanka Trump being an empty box of tampons, about Mitch McConnell getting his neck circumsized, and so on.

This, according to the anti-Trump folks, is how our top people in the press and government should be seen enjoying themselves before the entire world. I wonder what the elites think about this in China, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, hell, even Iran, and so on...

And, to be honest, not even all anti-Trumpers are on board with what went on. So the event is running the risk of going the way of the dodo bird.

The morale? You can take a lowlife out of the swamp, but it's hard as hell to get the swamp out of her. Or, to say it another way, you can't feed a pig caviar, not even when she is in front of the Washington elite. She won't eat it. She wants to eat slop then fart in front of everyone in contentment.

Well, they asked for it and they got exactly what they paid for: the smutty destruction of a good-natured highbrow tradition. The mainstream media just committed one more act of attempted suicide. But not to worry. They're trying so hard, they will eventually succeed.

Now, to what I want to say about the fake news media.

The Hill Pulls out of Future White House Correspondents’ Dinners After Michelle Wolf Routine

From the article:

The Hill will no longer participate in future White House Correspondents’ Dinners, the organization’s chairman, James A. Finkelstein, said in a letter to the White House Correspondents Association on Tuesday.

“The Hill, which has participated in the White House Correspondents’ Association (WHCA) dinner for many years, does not plan at this time to participate in the event moving forward,” wrote Finkelstein in letter addressed to the association’s executive director, Steven Thomma.

. . .

The Hill is the first major publication to officially ditch the event after Wolf’s performance.

Let's see if more news organizations follow.

I bet they do.

Wallowing in shit in public was too much for many in the fake news media. Actually, they don't mind wallowing in shit. They just don't want the public to see them doing it.

It's a ruling class thing.

(btw - I got the idea years ago of the ruling class covering for each other irrespective of the ickiness of what they did, with the only sin being getting caught in public, from The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War, 1890-1914 by Barbara W. Tuchman.)

Michael

Oddly enough, there is a group of people coming out strongly in favor of Michelle Wolf: other comedians.

So far I have seen support for her from Jimmy Dore, David Chappelle, Trevor Noah (of course, he's her old boss), Rosie O'Donnell, Seth Meyers and all the usual late night suspects, etc.

They say she spoke truth to power.

Who knows? Maybe it is true that she has more yarn in her pussy than there is in pussy hats. And maybe "power" did need to hear it.

Michael

This is exactly how I experience mainstream news sites on the Internet:

And just in case that Tweet is ever removed, let me quote it (from a Twitter user names "scientism"):

This is the optimal news site design:

HEADLINE
autoplay video
1st paragraph
autoplay video
2nd para
autoplay video
3rd para
[pop-up asking you to subscribe activates here]
autoplay video
4th para
next article (autoloads in a way that breaks back button)

Data doesn't lie.

There's an audience strategy for you--irritate the living shit out of your readers so much they can't read the articles.

Dayaamm!

Michael

btw - That last post is in the Fake News thread, not because it is fake. It isn't.

It's because what it describes is (1) the financial desperation of the fake news media, and (2) the kind of stupidity that got them where they are today.

What are they going to do 7 years from now when President Trump will no longer carry their ratings for them? They certainly don't have enough respect for their viewers and readers to try to provide value to them as a strategy.

Michael

Infowars: "DIY -- How to Fake Trump Sex Tape"

trumpFakeSexInfowars.png

Holograms. You heard me. Holograms. After you see the first one, you put your 'special shades" on, then they disappear, and you can't be fooled again. Fake news is like that now that we have seen instances when fake news created a false political movement like Hitler's. We are on to "them" in the civilized world. Maybe there are still parts of the world that think Godzilla exists but we know better. A fake video would be debunked in a day.  

Headlines fit for this topic.

Kim Jong-un was granted asylum in the U.S. today, after the signing of the Korean unification treaty. He will be living in northern New Jersey with U.S. marshals protecting him.

From The New York Post. Surprised N.Y.C “club goers” welcomed the five foot nine ex North Korean dictator to this Manhattan night spot just weeks after his coming to America. “I was surprised how tall he was,” one female who danced with Kim said. “He bought me drinks, and I wrote my phone number on his hand. But then I remembered he was married.”  

Kim goes to the funeral of Margot Kidder who played Lois Lane in the movie, “Superman,” also starring the late Christopher Reeves. “I really liked her odd ball depiction of Lois,” said Kim. “We have lost so many of “the greats,” he lamented.   

Here is a recent mass mailing from your Friend, Kim J. as he now wants to be called.

Many people have asked me why am I running to be New Jersey’s next Attorney General? Well after I survived that assassination attempt in Kandahar, while serving in the U.S. Army, my life changed again. I mean I thought some Isis fanatic would try to kill me, not some former North Korean Generals daughter! Later after we fought a pitched battle with the Taliban and I survived again I decided I will always run towards the fight. And that is why I want to be your next attorney general.   

1 hour ago, anthony said:

Kilauea erupts. Surely, Trump's fault (even the Earth protests...) At least that's what I think BBC was insinuating, or am I getting too touchy?

No. it is Obama's fault, as I have previously posted! 

Does no one understand what it is these days to be Hawaiian?

Wrathfully ,

the goddess Pere

16 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Man, why has the mainstream media been promoting Hamas, Kim Jong-un and MS-13 so hard these days?

LOL...

I'm not the only one noticing this, albeit Pampeo left out Hamas.

(btw - Mike Pampeo is a parody account based on Mike Pompeo.)

Michael