More hard-hitting investigative journalism from CNN.

Speaking truth to power to make sure the midterm elections are fair.

With the Kavanaugh Saga over, CNN Returns to Talking About Trump’s Penis

LOL...

(It's Don Lemon reporting. And he's going for visceral reactions. You know how your mouth puckers up when you suck on a lemon? :evil: )

CNN isn't happy to just be one of the top fake news companies in the world. It covets first place for dopey news, too.

:) 

Michael

Emphasis added:

On 7/14/2017 at 9:39 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

From what I know of Rand's story with the FBI, she wanted to meet with J. Edgar Hoover, but he thought she was too unimportant. There's FBI documentation online about this. So would she be associated to "many of these hidden FBI sources" like Jones said? Like I said, it's speculation.

And as speculation, how on earth does that justify Jones's headline of the article presented as fact? Here's His headline: "Ayn Rand Helped the FBI Identify 'It’s A Wonderful Life' as Communist Propaganda".

She did, did she? 

How?

There is a story at OL's Friends and Foes blog that adds a dimension to these notes:

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

LOL...

Facebook has just stated that they are setting up a system to “purge” themselves of Fake News. Does that mean CNN will finally be put out of business?

Michael

OMG, noes!!! In the above, Trump is opposing the idea of Freedom of the Press! He's saying that he wants to destroy the Constitution and kill all journalists!  He wants to be a dictator and outlaw reporting of the truth. He is confessing that his goal is mass torture and genocide! He wrote it! I saw it with my own eyes in the above quote! Read it for yourselves! See?!!!!

J

This is a moment of Grand Hoopla.  And you will never guess what items lead in all of the lesser and greater entities.

Spoiler

memeorandum

TOP ITEMS: 
share.png William K. Rashbaum / New York Times:
Explosive Device Found in Mail Sent to the Clintons  —  An explosive device was found on Wednesday morning by a technician who screens mail for Bill and Hillary Clinton, who live in a suburb of New York City, a law enforcement official said.  —  The official said the device was similar …
Link Search: IceRocket, Google, and Ask
Discussion:
RELATED:
share.png William K. Rashbaum / New York Times:
Explosive Devices Found in Mail Sent to Hillary Clinton and Obama  —  Two explosive devices were found in mail sent to former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, officials said on Wednesday, sparking an intensive investigation into whether a bomber is targeting prominent Democratic figures.
Discussion:
i44.jpgshare.png Tucker Higgins / CNBC:
Suspicious package addressed to the White House intercepted: CNN  — A suspicious package apparently containing a pipe bomb that was addressed to the White House was intercepted on Wednesday, according to CNN, which cited a law enforcement official.  — Reuters later reported …
i36.jpgshare.png Washington Post:
‘Potential explosive devices’ sent to Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton intercepted by Secret Service  —  The Secret Service said Wednesday that it had intercepted packages containing “potential explosive devices” addressed to former first lady Hillary Clinton in New York and former president Barack Obama in Washington.

Edited by william.scherk
[11:18 Added emphasis to Newshound blog item h/t Jonathan]

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

This is a moment of Grand Hoopla.  And you will never guess...

This one from Billy's list caught my eye:

Ellen / NewsHounds blog:   Tucker Carlson Laughs At Pipe Bomb Sent To George Soros

Completely false. Outright lie. Fake news. Fake headline.

Heh. Bombs are being sent to people, quite likely due to political motives, and the first thing that pops into this moron's head is to make up a lie about Tucker Carlson? WTF?

Carlson was not laughing at the bomb having been sent to Soros. He was laughing at leftist douchebag Philippe Reines' attempting to blame Trump for the bomb.

Why even bother including some elements of reality? Why not just find a picture of Carlson laughing, or of Trump, or whomever else you're going to lie about, and claim that the picture shows him laughing at, say, babies being doused in gasoline, set on fire, and run over with steamrollers?

J

Who the heck is News Hound Ellen? Who sends this stuff directly to Mediaite and Crooks and Liars?  Who is riding the gasoline babykill steamroller?  Who is performing high histrionics today at OL?

[from "Ellen" at several different outlets ...]

Tucker Carlson, who fear mongers about left-wing rhetoric leading to violence, laughed off a pipe bomb sent to right-wing boogeyman George Soros after Donald Trump and other right-wingers began blaming him for the protests against Brett Kavanaugh and then the migrant caravan.

As Think Progress has noted, on October 5, Trump baselessly accused Soros – a regular Fox scapegoat – of paying anti-Kavanaugh protesters. The next day, Rudy Giuliani retweeted a tweet calling Soros the anti-Christ and calling for his assets to be frozen. Yesterday Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-TX) told Fox that it was possible that George Soros was funding the migrant caravan. Rep. Matt Gaetz (F-FL) made the same baseless suggestion last week. Yesterday, a pipe bomb arrived in Soros’ mailbox.

Inflammatory rhetoric is Carlson’s stock in trade but he tries to disguise his tactics with a cloak of phony civic mindedness. So, for example, Carlson makes statements such as, “The left is officially out of epithets. All that’s left is physical harm. Who’ll be the first to call for that?And this: “Splitting the country into tiny warring groups is useful to [Democrats].  It helps them maintain their power and so they’re happy to do it. …  Divide and conquer, whatever it takes.”

Yet Carlson’s supposed concern for violence not only evaporated when confronted with the real, potentially deadly violence aimed at Soros, Carlson laughed loudly and derisively when Democrat Philippe Reines suggested a connection between the pipe bomb and Trump:

REINES: In the last ten days Donald Trump used the name George Soros for the first time in his presidency, and the guy had a pipe bomb in his mailbox last night, and we’re talking about whether or not Sarah Sanders gets her cornish hen?

CARLSON: Whoever put a pipe bomb in George Soros’ mailbox—

REINES: Why do you think they did?

CARLSON: Because Trump criticized George Soros, one of the richest people in the world?

REINES: Because Donald Trump runs around—

CARLSON: No, because George Soros—

[…]

I’m laughing because to draw a between Trump, Soros - I’ve criticized Soros a thousand times I hope he’ll live long enough so I can continue to criticize him.

No, Carlson probably doesn’t wish Soros any harm.

Now a more balanced brief from Fox News.  The likely story of a 'false flag.' Get out the Q-Anon-Fan whoopee-translator, everyone.

Edited by william.scherk
Grrr on <strike></strike> & <span style="font-decoration:line-through"> What the hell happened?

William,

You once said you wanted a recent example of a false flag. Well, you're looking at it.

Unfortunately, this is a false flag made by idiots who can't even shoot straight and, what's worse, it's a Hail Mary pass to get media attention to bump some lame-ass stuff damaging to the Democrats off prime time instead of hiding an actual dastardly deed, but there it is.

Friggin' amateurs...

In the same vein, there's a highly racist robocall going around in Florida aimed at Gillum. It's attributed to one eminent group called "Road to Power" in Idaho that's supposedly a white supremacist group. I listened to part of their recent podcast (on Bitchute) to see what they were about and this is another staged bullshit fake-out. The guy started preaching that we need to abolish freedom of the press and put the all the press under government control.

The problem is, white power people just don't talk like that.

Friggin' amateurs...

This shit is not even worth debunking. Everybody sees what's going on. 

I hope they enjoy their Blue Wave bye-bye...

Michael

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Who the heck is News Hound Ellen?

???

You posted a link to her shit.

59 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Who is riding the gasoline babykill steamroller?  Who is performing high histrionics today at OL?

Um, you?

It's certainly not me. I pointed out the idiocy of the link that you posted. And laughed at it. Nothing "histrionic" about my post.

Perhaps you're projecting? Or emotionally reading into my post what you want to find, much in the same way that you do with anything that Trump says?

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Now a more balanced brief from Fox News.  The likely story of a 'false flag.' Get out the Q-Anon-Fan whoopee-translator, everyone.

Yeah, good idea, let's go with an inapt tu quoque distraction.

The News Hound Ellen headline was a lie, so let's try to justify that by claiming that Fox is just as bad?

Let's ignore the difference that News Hound Ellen came to a false conclusion and reported it as fact, where the people on Fox are speculating on many possibilities while informing the viewers that they are speculating and not coming to conclusions.

It's too early for your Tee Hee Hees. We don't know what happened, and what motivated the bomb mailings. False flag is one of many possible considerations. You don't have the evidence yet to rule it out. Premature Tee Hee Hees.

J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

You once said you wanted a recent example of a false flag. Well, you're looking at it.

Unfortunately, this is a false flag made by idiots who can't even shoot straight and, what's worse, it's a Hail Mary pass to get media attention to bump some lame-ass stuff damaging to the Democrats off prime time instead of hiding an actual dastardly deed, but there it is.

Friggin' amateurs...

In the same vein, there's a highly racist robocall going around in Florida aimed at Gillum. It's attributed to one eminent group called "Road to Power" in Idaho that's supposedly a white supremacist group. I listened to part of their recent podcast (on Bitchute) to see what they were about and this is another staged bullshit fake-out. The guy started preaching that we need to abolish freedom of the press and put the all the press under government control.

The problem is, white power people just don't talk like that.

Friggin' amateurs...

This shit is not even worth debunking. Everybody sees what's going on. 

I hope they enjoy their Blue Wave bye-bye...

Michael

I'm a bit confused, so are you saying that the news about packages targeting the Obamas, Clintons, and others is fake news and a false flag?  If so, then why does Trump say the packages exist?

Rush Limbaugh said something hilarious earlier today.

I'll let him say it.

We Must Protect Democrats by Voting Them Out of Office

Here is the text:

RUSH: Okay. Let us review what we have been told today. We could sum this up by saying that many Democrats today have been targeted by bombs. CNN was sent a bomb. Bill and Hillary Clinton were sent a bomb. Barack Hussein Obama was sent a bomb. George Soros was sent a bomb yesterday. Eric Holder has been sent a bomb. And Debbie “Blabbermouth” Schultz, the former chairman of the Democrat National Committee was also said to be recipient of a bomb.

Two of the bombs that were sent had her address as the return address made to look like she had sent the bombs. Now, we here at the EIB Network are very concerned. And as I stated at the beginning of our program, we condemn the use of bombs in politics. We do not condemn the use of bombs in war such as declared hostilities. But we declare and clearly condemn the use of bombs in American politics or any other domestic circumstance.

But clearly America has become a very dangerous place for Democrats. What can we do to protect our Democrats? What can we do to help ensure the safety of our Democrat friends? It seems to me the best way to ensure their safety is to get them removed as often as possible from public life. And the most available way to over this assistance, the most immediate opportunity we have to offer this assistance will occur in just under two weeks, the midterm elections.

With Democrats under siege, Democrats under assault like this, it would only be responsible and compassionate to vote them out of office and remove them from the public sphere in which they exist and are for some reason being targeted here by people apparently sending them bombs. CNN, by the same token, has become, despite its tiny audience, apparently a very large outsized target. We have compassion for anybody who has received a bomb sent to them.

We would like to do everything possible to see to it that future bombs are not sent and that future bombs like those today don’t go off. And as I say, protecting Democrats our number one objective here. The best thing I think you can do if you’re worried about the safety of Democrats is simply vote them out of office. Remove them from daily public political circumstance where they can’t anger so many people. Just a public service.

And it is a heartfelt attempt to be compassionate and helpful. Time will go on, and we will learn who it is targeting these innocent Democrats. We will learn why these innocent Democrats were targeted. And probably whoever did it will be apprehended, and we will find out who they are, where they are, why they did it, who paid them, or if they were not paid. But the simple fact remains, Democrats in America are at risk. To save them, to protect them, vote against them. A public service announcement from me, your host, Rush Limbaugh, and the EIB Network.

LOL...

So if you have even a smidgen of compassion for your Democrat brothers and sisters, for God's sake, get them out of harm's way.

Don't let them near public office.

And then the crazies won't attack them.

Michael

48 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

I'm a bit confused, so are you saying that the news about packages targeting the Obamas, Clintons, and others is fake news and a false flag?  If so, then why does Trump say the packages exist?

Korben,

Jon kinda says it all.

39 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Oh boy.

Someone doesn’t even know what a false flag is.

Once you make a correct identification, I can argue gotchas with you.

Until then, educate thyself.

You have a good brain. Get it out of the garage and take it for a spin. I guarantee you'll like the ride.

Michael

It occurs to me that everyone who received a bomb is having audience difficulties right now.

They are not relevant to the news cycles, at least not before the bombs.

The Clinton tour ain't doing too well.

Obama only draws 2,000 people at his rallies.

CNN''s audience ratings are in the toilet. And so on.

Even Soros. Does anyone really think he will personally go through his mail right off the bat? Or any of those folks, for that matter.

But suddenly everybody is talking about them and not one of them got close to any real danger.

Hmmmmm...

This is a nice publicity stunt. I bet it's not even to get the sympathy vote. I bet it's to get audience for butt-hurt people of former influence.

I'm just sitting back waiting to see who will be the poor schlub to take the fall after the Secret Service gets to him. That is, if he doesn't commit suicide first with six shots to the back of his head, or die in a car accident somewhere.

Michael

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I love the way you proudly bathe in ignorance while holding the superiority pose.

Jon,

Have a little mercy.

It stings to be so wrong, one screws up the basic topic itself.

Some people are not made for admitting error in public when busted.

I would offer a pat on the head to our proud valiant keyboard warrior, but I don't think he's ready...

:evil:  :) 

Michael

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

I love the way you proudly bathe in ignorance while holding the superiority pose.

You are the joke, Keating.

So who engineered the whole story?  It's a multiple choice question:

a) pedophiles

b) elites

c) satanists

d) satanist pedophile elites

Choose carefully!