Donald Trump

Nope--as the veep candidate Carson will be untouchable. He's black, smart and accomplished. To attack him would only highlight what a light weight the Dem. veep candidate is. (And who will that be?)

They'll just try to ignore him as much as they can.

--Brant

Trump against the Clinton machine would be a total sweep - every state .

For Hillary ,

By the way , if Hillary wins POTUS what is the official term for Bill ?

Is it first Man , first Gentlemen , former President Clinton ?????

Seriously

This would be the vaunted Clinton machine that lost the 2008 race to an unknown black kid from Hawaii, right?

A...

To boot dear Adam , the past is gone , the future aint shit , its the now .

So what President Washington did , and what President so and so will do in 100 years don't matter to me .

What matters to me is this election , and if you knew so well , why not put down some money on the game ?

Or lets you and I make a friendly wager here .

If Trump is POTUS , I want you to XXXXXX

If anyone else wins POTUS , I want you to XXXXXX

talk the talk , you wanna walk the walk with me ?

Nope--as the veep candidate Carson will be untouchable. He's black, smart and accomplished. To attack him would only highlight what a light weight the Dem. veep candidate is. (And who will that be?)

--Brant

less than zero chance of anyone picking buddy who states evolution is a fairy tale. Less than zero , is that even possible ????????????

--Brant

less than zero chance of anyone picking buddy who states evolution is a fairy tale. Less than zero , is that even possible ????????????

And it would put a Fundie ignoramus one heartbeat away from being President.

--Brant

He is a Seventh Day Adventist in terms of religion.

https://www.adventist.org/en/beliefs/

Just one more.

Here's a game of cat and mouse.

Now the fun part is that the mouse, being vain and full of gotcha and all, thought he was the cat--that is until the end. Suddenly, he realized he was the mouse and all that was left was his whining as he was being eaten.

I couldn't have scripted this better in a comedy screenplay satirizing the press.

Also, did I hear a Randian phrase in between the lines? I thought I heard, "But I don't think of you."

:smile:

Michael

Dayaamm!

I have very little doubt Ted Cruz will be the VP nominee. Check out the following video:

The guys sounds just like Donald Trump all of a sudden. The same tone of voice. The same restricted vocabulary. All of it. Only the hair is missing. :smile:

And Cruz is using the same kind of mindfuck arguments on Brett Baier that Trump uses on reporters. (He screwed up by stuttering at the magic moment, but I think he will get better as he goes along.)

In fact, when I scratch my paranoia muscle (on the benign side of it in this case), I would almost bet that Cruz and Trump agreed for Cruz to put those Bush and Clinton deportation numbers out there early in the debate. This undermines the argument from Trump's opponents about breaking down doors and hauling off 11 million little old grannies and babies. I even bet Trump and Cruz agreed on the... er... creative interpretation of what deportation means so he could do that. :smile:

And this will have serious repercussions on the general election where it will help neutralize a Hillary attack.

The persuasion process is if one person (Trump) says something edgy like deport 11 million people, he's an easy target. If another respected person (Cruz) comes along who is not part of the first person's team and sets a context for it by saying, "Look, those other guys did it, 10 and 12 million," suddenly Trump's initial proposal is not so outlandish.

It doesn't matter if reporters fact check this later. This thing was said in front of 18 million people and is just enough truthful that it is going to become a common argument.

These guys are good... If that's what they're doing, they're damn good...

Michael

David,

Heh.

Do I detect irritation?

Like making it personal?

If I really get into mindreading mode, I wonder what else I might detect.

Michael

Michael: I'm sure if you were actually able to mindread you "might detect" quite a lot. That would be a great skill to have in any number of settings.

But I have a better idea: in the spirit good faith, why don't we just take what the other says at face value, i.e., without reading hidden motives into things? You've certainly earned that respect from me, and I would hope the same is true in the other direction.

Just one more.

Now the fun part is that the mouse, being vain and full of gotcha and all, thought he was the cat--that is until the end. Suddenly, he realized he was the mouse and all that was left was his whining as he was being eaten.

I couldn't have scripted this better in a comedy screenplay satirizing the press.

Also, did I hear a Randian phrase in between the lines? I thought I heard, "But I don't think of you."

Michael

Man, I wish Trump had asked him he still has the thrill up his leg over Obama!

J

Just one more.

Michael

Man, I wish Trump had asked him he still has the thrill up his leg over Obama!

J

Thanks for that Adam...a good laugh is always welcome.

-Joe

marxist, except for Groucho's family, have zero sense of humor.

Before we start giving DT a legacy nickname , we got some time and a few minor events namely the Primaries and the election ( of which he will not be a part of - unless his deal includes picking the VP or whatever ) .

That being said , this reality TV show primary season will probably get a nickname of sorts .

Before we start giving DT a legacy nickname...

Marc,

That's actually wise advice.

Is Trump going to be the "boomerang President"?

It seems as if the dirt returns to the senders and sticks to them.

I take it back.

Boomerang President is a great nickname.

:)

(Sorry, Marc, I luv ya', but suddenly I can't get the idea of knocking crows off a powerline with a boomerang out of my mind. :) )

Michael

Before we start giving DT a legacy nickname...

Marc,

That's actually wise advice.

Is Trump going to be the "boomerang President"?

It seems as if the dirt returns to the senders and sticks to them.

I take it back.

Boomerang President is a great nickname.

(Sorry, Marc, I luv ya', but suddenly I can't get the idea of knocking crows off a powerline with a boomerang out of my mind. :smile: )

Michael

Lolz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will just call him Donald " peak too soon " ,

I remember the first Bush when everyone said how soft he was and a wimp too ! Former director of the CIA , and a wimp !!!!!!!! Love it .

I love Nicki Minaj as a hip hop artist . Nicki has a song and a line is " bitches say shit , but they aint say nothing "

This reminds me about the 40 percent who love DT , but don't vote ( Yeah , Reagen Democrats need to vote first before anyone gets to call them DT Democrats ! )

All I know about boomerangs and this election are the poll results now will be boomeranging right back .

President NOT Trump

What Trumps a crow anyway ? Gotta be a Hawk ( hmmmmm ) , or an Owl , right ?

In all seriousness , I saw something about Christie and his poll numbers rising . Does anyone see him as a VP candidate for any eventual winner ? Curious how this board thinks of him .

I saw something about Christie and his poll numbers rising. Does anyone see him as a VP candidate for any eventual winner? Curious how this board thinks of him .

chris-christie-obama.jpg

Yeah , I remember that ! But you think that means no chance on the ticket ?

Yeah , I remember that ! But you think that means no chance on the ticket ?

Washington Post on Christie's statement about

crime in New Jersey and New York: 3 Pinocchios

pinocchio_3.jpg

Christie says he was appointed U.S. Attorney Sept. 10, 2001. Politifact rates that claim "Mostly False."

He was nominated in December 2001 and did not take office until 2002. Christie never argued a case in

court himself as U.S. attorney or cross-examined any witness. [North Jersey Record-Herald]

Gentlemen:

This is going to be a base election which most elections are.

All the consultant spin about the middle is just that.

DeCommio in NY City was elected by a "landslide" in an election where the turnout was below abysmal.

NY City has 4.3 + million registered voters.

DeCommio received 795,679 and the loser Republican received 269,420 [73.15% to 24.31].

That total vote was roughly less than 25% of the eligible voters.

And DeCommio got 73% of that...so any disciplined base can win an election.

One of Marc's point is of concern to me and that is the probability that a significant segment of The Donald's base is not a voter by behavior and by not being registered.

I do not know whether The Donald's campaign has a disciplined section devoted to making sure they are registered and will be taken to the polls.

I cannot imagine them assuming that that will just happen.

A...

Very, very few elections are about the "middle."

How's this for honor?

Bush has considered backing out of pledge if nominee is Trump: aide

I doubt Bush will back out for real, but even floating this crap is one of the reasons Trump supporters don't trust a word establishment Republicans say.

And, frankly, for those who normally don't vote, this is one more incentive to show up on voting day, even though their jobs are tiresome and there is that darn school basketball game or play their kids are in, or church function, or grocery shopping, or getting something fixed, or, hell, even a TV show or whatever also crying for their attention.

Loyalty flows in one direction only for the establishment Republican elites. It's not in the direction of the voter. And voters are finally sick of it enough to do something about it. They woke up to the problem.

For those who don't believe me, take this:

12.17.2015-23.58.png

Go on my fine feathered crows dazedly eyeballíng the approaching headlights.

Keep pretending this doesn't mean anything in relation to voting day.

:)

Michael