Donald Trump

Here is somebody (Rachel Maddow) who is not happy at all with Donald Trump, yet she claims he is going to be the GOP nominee. And she says it in a tone of exasperation.

Taking out the spin, this is actually not a bad report. What I mean is that she distorts the obvious (calling Trump a bigot, etc.), so you have to discount that, but she also fills in details about New Hampshire, etc. that are hard to get in other mainstream stories. And she does it in a more-or-less entertaining way.

Here is someone else who is not amused--Hillary Clinton:

Direct quote from Hillary about Trump: "I no longer think he's funny."

:smile:

From the amount of laughing she did in that interview, I felt some cognitive dissonance with that statement. However, when Seth asked her initially about Trump, she got the weirdest look on her face. So I decided to take a closer look.

Here are three screenshots of the transformation. The first is what she looked like right as she heard the comic's question, "Have you heard about him?"

12.11.2015-10.46.png

Immediately, something looked like it crossed her mind. I think it's the prospect of running against him. After all, she was asked if she heard about him. Up to now, she has treated him as a sideshow in terms of politics. If I had to put a word to that expression, it would be, "Er..."

12.11.2015-10.46.png

And she ended up at the expression below right before going back to the grin. All this happened in a flash. That look might seem like the face of arrogant mockery, but look at those eyes. Look deeper into those eyes and you see worry. Real worry.

12.11.2015-10.47.png

I used to think Trump was using a bit of hyperbole when he claimed Hillary knows he would be her worst nightmare as an opponent in the election. Now I'm convinced it's not.

He was being truthful, stating pure fact, in a hyperbolic tone of voice.

Michael

Here's a story you're not going to see much about Trump's influence.

But this influence is real.

Local Imam says he was forced to resign because he agrees with Trump on Muslim immigration
by Haley Bull
December 11 2015
KBTV-TV FOX 4

A political conflict is playing out within the walls of the Muslim community in Southeast Texas. A man who was the leader of Muslims in the area said Thursday the conflict has resulted in his ousting.

. . .

Dr. Al Sayyed told KFDM News he was forced to resign as religious director of the Islamic Society of the Triplex after making comments Monday in which he agrees with Donald Trump's statements that the U.S. should temporarily stop accepting any new Muslim immigrants into the country.

How's them apples? Is this Imam a hate-monger and bigot like people are saying Trump is a hate monger and bigot?

Hell no.

There is a lot of intimidation in our culture--you must fall in line with group-think or suffer serious consequences. And this intimidation is coming down from the elites through pundits and finger-waggers.

People are really pissed about it.

You can shut these people up and report the contrary about them in the press, or ignore them, but they will show up on voting day.

Why?

Because crap like the above happens all the time these days.

And not just in the Muslim community.

MIchael

It is happening in corporate America and is at the point of folks feeling like they are living in a nicely decorated East German environment governed by the Stasi:

REVENGE VERSUS
THE RULE OF LAW

"Worse than the Gestapo." —Simon Wiesenthal, Nazi hunter

Less than a month after German demonstrators began to tear down the Berlin Wall on November 9, 1989, irate East German citizens stormed the Leipzig district office of the Ministry for State Security (MfS)—the Stasi, as it was more commonly called. Not a shot was fired, and there was no evidence of "street justice" as Stasi officers surrendered meekly and were peacefully led away. The following month, on January 15, hundreds of citizens sacked Stasi headquarters in Berlin. Again there was no bloodshed. The last bit of unfinished business was accomplished on May 31 when the Stasi radioed its agents in West Germany to fold their tents and come home.

I just saw this. So cool...

A few days ago, one of Trump's spokespeople, Katrina Pierson, mopped the floor with CNN's Brian Stelter on media dishonesty.

You have to see this to fully appreciate it. After Stelter kept jumping on Katrina about how many Muslims in America there were celebrating on 9/11, punctuated by the claim that there were no police accounts, Katrina finally said, of course there were. Then she told him one. He said, well that's just one. And she told him another. He said, well that's just two. Then she nailed him. She asked him which is it? None? One? Two? And dork Stelter still tried to treat it as if he were pursuing a gotcha on numbers with Trump. He didn't seem to realize that she just did a gotcha on him (in real time)--the same one he was trying to do on Trump.

Unbelievable.

But the most pathetic thing happened at the end. Brian Stelter actually whined to Katrina that Trump's constant claim that the media is dishonest was the reason people do not trust the media anymore. And he tried to nudge her to get Trump to stop it.

Would it be that Trump had that power. But he doesn't. It's true that Trump often does say the media is dishonest, but he only gets applause because everyone already knows it. That's what everybody has been thinking for years.

Hey Brian! Here's an idea. 

Why not try being honest when reporting?

Michael

I just saw this. So cool...

A few days ago, one of Trump's spokespeople, Katrina Pierson, mopped the floor with CNN's Brian Stelter on media dishonesty.

You have to see this to fully appreciate it. After Stelter kept jumping on Katrina about how many Muslims in America there were celebrating on 9/11, punctuated by the claim that there were no police accounts, Katrina finally said, of course there were. Then she told him one. He said, well that's just one. And she told him another. He said, well that's just two. Then she nailed him. She asked him which is it? None? One? Two? And dork Stelter still tried to treat it as if he were pursuing a gotcha on numbers with Trump. He didn't seem to realize that she just did a gotcha on him (in real time)--the same one he was trying to do on Trump.

Unbelievable.

But the most pathetic thing happened at the end. Brian Stelter actually whined to Katrina that Trump's constant claim that the media is dishonest was the reason people do not trust the media anymore. And he tried to nudge her to get Trump to stop it.

Would it be that Trump had that power. But he doesn't. It's true that Trump often does say the media is dishonest, but he only gets applause because everyone already knows it. That's what everybody has been thinking for years.

Hey Brian! Here's an idea.

Why not try being honest when reporting?

Michael

Great clip.

He actually thought he was being clever by using the word "erode" and implying that that was the reason that people's trust in the press has crashed!!

I thought her eyes were going to hit my computer screen!

Also, prior to his "erosion" stupidity, he tried to slip in that most of The Donald's supporters do not have college degrees and most of the press does so therefore there is some kind of disconnect!! Implying of course that The Donald's supporters were iggorant!

She quickly pointed out that some of "us" in The Donald's organization have college degrees!

What a complete buffoon.

I wonder if The Donald puts a sharp competent woman in that position who is also quite attractive [not my type of look however she is attractive] just to lull this moron into being slick.

A...

Trump has the Republican Party by the balls. If the Republican party attempts to boot Trump out, he will do a Ross Perot and run as a third party candidate. If he does that he will split the Republican vote and the Democrats will win for sure. If the Republican party does nominate Trump win or lose, he will damage the reputation of the Republican party even more than the right-wing yo yo s have and it could mean the death of the Republican Party.

If the Democrats are smart some of them will switch party identities just to vote in the Republican primaries and guarantee that Trump will be nominated.

Just remember how Ross Perot put Bill Clinton into office and Bill Clinton did not get a majority of the votes at large.

I do not agree , although I do believe that Trump will realize when it is the best time to make his move and cut his deal . As our brilliant leader always tells us here ( besides how to cook crow ) , Trump is a producer , a builder , a deal maker . He has done so well capitalizing on on all of the issues and 7 years of POTUS and his campaign so far has been brilliant .

He is about to step into something as the real politics start in Iowa , well -they start now .

I love the attention on the Repubs , they are broken . It is a lot of old school boys club bullshit . Trump opens up the discussion , damn he blasts it the fuck open then kicks it down .

And I am not talking about what I want , for god sake - I am speaking reality .

DT is not going to take down the whole system . The system is too powerful and "the people" are always the same - human nature does not change . Technology always changes .

President Obama ran a brilliant campaign and he understood this concept very well .

DT understands it better .

What he also understands as opposed to a few folks here is that he will not tear down the wall in one go .

He knows that .

in 10 , 20 and 100 years - the world will point to this election cycle . Trumps pure brilliance has manipulated the media , and capitalized on social media as DT understands humane nature .

Trump will bow out , maybe at the top . Maybe he gets too impulsive that one time . Maybe there are pictures , maybe who cares what the break point is , or is not . He does not want to be President .

He wants you to believe he wants to be POTUS .

Thank god himself , at least the day he leaves this can be over until it turns into a " We were all right , Trump got screwed , Adleson did whatever , Clinton said that , or terrorists did this ,

I believe that there should be 2 different threads .

Will he be a great President and why

Will he sit in the chair .

Respectfully to my friends here , it seems like its kind of all melted together .

But what do Canadians know about US politics anyway ?

If the Republican party does nominate Trump win or lose, he will damage the reputation of the Republican party even more than the right-wing yo yo s have and it could mean the death of the Republican Party.

You mean the way Ronald Reagan destroyed the Republican Party with two (2) monumental landslides?

A...

OMFG , please please please - why does Trump get a comparison to Ronald Reagan RIP . What an amazing politician , an incredible man , a man who loved his family so deeply and loved his country so .

I think it is very disrespectful to compare Trump this way , simply because he is an expert at manipulating the media as Michael always shows us . Trump is brilliance as a marketer , a businessman , a hustler , a deal maker . Brilliant .

And because of Reagans strength against Carter with the 444 day crisis , I remember feeling so proud and confident when RR addressed the nation . So when Reagan swept the first act due to his strength of character , how can you compare Trump .

I think that is ridiculous - respectfully my man . Feel free to fire back as you may .

If the Republican party does nominate Trump win or lose, he will damage the reputation of the Republican party even more than the right-wing yo yo s have and it could mean the death of the Republican Party.

You mean the way Ronald Reagan destroyed the Republican Party with two (2) monumental landslides?

A...

No landslides for Trump. He will lose.

If Hillary campaigned against him , it would be an absolute landslide and the Repubs would lose every single state and I am very serious .

She is a pro , she is a Clinton , she has Obamas war machine at the ready and while Trump is getting big " votes " from folks who DO NOT VOTE , and will not vote ( and they are hardly Reagan Democrats ) .

It would be horrific and that , and ONLY that will destroy the Republican party .

Like I said well early in this thread .

Hillary and DT sure are putting on a show .

Shows end , people wise up , Politicians politic , and motherfuckers motherfuck ( sorry for swearing and not sure of these rules here so please advise if I should edit this but I needed those words here to prove my point ) .

Sheldon A has chips in the game , he has not even made a decision yet and we have already crowned Trump ?????????????????????????

Like shit is this easy ?????????

Establishment gonna bend over and not even fight ????????????

Man ,

Here is somebody (Rachel Maddow) who is not happy at all with Donald Trump, yet she claims he is going to be the GOP nominee. And she says it in a tone of exasperation.

Taking out the spin, this is actually not a bad report. What I mean is that she distorts the obvious (calling Trump a bigot, etc.), so you have to discount that, but she also fills in details about New Hampshire, etc. that are hard to get in other mainstream stories. And she does it in a more-or-less entertaining way.

Here is someone else who is not amused--Hillary Clinton:

Direct quote from Hillary about Trump: "I no longer think he's funny."

From the amount of laughing she did in that interview, I felt some cognitive dissonance with that statement. However, when Seth asked her initially about Trump, she got the weirdest look on her face. So I decided to take a closer look.

Here are three screenshots of the transformation. The first is what she looked like right as she heard the comic's question, "Have you heard about him?"

12.11.2015-10.46.png

Immediately, something looked like it crossed her mind. I think it's the prospect of running against him. After all, she was asked if she heard about him. Up to now, she has treated him as a sideshow in terms of politics. If I had to put a word to that expression, it would be, "Er..."

12.11.2015-10.46.png

And she ended up at the expression below right before going back to the grin. All this happened in a flash. That look might seem like the face of arrogant mockery, but look at those eyes. Look deeper into those eyes and you see worry. Real worry.

12.11.2015-10.47.png

I used to think Trump was using a bit of hyperbole when he claimed Hillary knows he would be her worst nightmare as an opponent in the election. Now I'm convinced it's not.

He was being truthful, stating pure fact, in a hyperbolic tone of voice.

Michael

Are you serious now ?

Worry ?

It aint gonna be that , Trump knows that , Hillary knows that , Trump knows that Hillary knows that , and Hillary knows that Trump knows that .

She is not worried , she probably is so shocked that folks actually believe he will even be her competitor in an election . She knows who thats gonna be .

Everyone knows that , well except

If Hillary campaigned against him , it would be an absolute landslide and the Repubs would lose every single state and I am very serious .

She is a pro , she is a Clinton...

Marc,

In your dreams.

Hillary may be a pro and may be a Clinton, but she ain't no Bill. Not even close.

She needs to be appointed, not elected (unless it's in a place easy to rig for a former first lady and Soros crony like New York State).

She sure as hell couldn't beat a junior congressman that nobody knew.

Hell, she couldn't even get Bill to beat him for her.

Once Trump's marketing machine finishes with her, there might be a core of diehards left over, but nothing like a majority support.

I'm getting visions of Nixon against McCarthy all over again (which was a surprise landslide for Nixon). That was another election when those who normally don't vote came out in droves.

Even the term "silent majority" is now in the air.

I forgive you, though.

Friggin' Canadian, what can I say? Although I'm really feeling sorry for a few crows...

Michael

Here's something to think about.

Notice that every time the powers that be try to attack the Second Amendment, people go out and buy more guns. Why? Because they think they will not be able to buy them soon.

This is simple human nature. So let's think about this in terms of some real bad guys like illegal immigrants and terrorists. Not to mention power grabs for climate change and things like that.

The stronger Trump gets, the more these folks are going to think they better get done what they want to do soon because it might be a hell of a lot more difficult once Trump gets in office.

But every time there is a new wave of terror or power grabs, guess who is going to get stronger?

Trump, that's who.

Terror attacks, power grabs and the like make people insecure. When people feel insecure, they gravitate toward someone who exudes an aura of strength.

Establishment people, Republican and Democrat, may suddenly try to talk tough to cash in, but they are now so discredited, nobody believes them. In a crises, people think establishment politicians will go to Endless War and things will get worse, or Endless Excuses as things get worse.

So I predict the following.

The stronger Trump gets, the more the bad guys are going to cut up to get something in before it's too late. And the more the bad guys cut up, the more insecure the population will feel and the more they will gravitate toward Trump.

It's almost like a math equation, except with human nature.

Michael

Like others, I've been noodling on Trump's strengths and strategic options. Pretty clear that Jeb and Mario and Mitch McConnell will do whatever it takes to sabotage a first round ballot if Trump or Cruz has (or together have) a sizable plurality of pledged delegates. I think this is the moment for Donald Trump to make a private deal with Ted Cruz, maybe face to face in the next debate's green room. "Ted, can I call you Ted? Good. Listen, just between us. I'm a man of my word. If I win the most primaries, I guarantee you'll be my running mate. And if you end up with the most delegates, I'll throw all mine behind you as the presidential nominee on the first ballot -- provided you name me vice-presidential running mate. I'd be a great vice-president, kick China's ass in trade talks. Fair enough? Cool, let's shake on it. It's a done deal, and I never welsh on a done deal, Ted. I mean it. Let's go out there and give Jeb and Mario some hell."

A...

OMFG , please please please - why does Trump get a comparison to Ronald Reagan RIP . What an amazing politician , an incredible man , a man who loved his family so deeply and loved his country so .

I think it is very disrespectful to compare Trump this way , simply because he is an expert at manipulating the media as Michael always shows us . Trump is brilliance as a marketer , a businessman , a hustler , a deal maker . Brilliant .

And because of Reagans strength against Carter with the 444 day crisis , I remember feeling so proud and confident when RR addressed the nation . So when Reagan swept the first act due to his strength of character , how can you compare Trump .

I think that is ridiculous - respectfully my man . Feel free to fire back as you may .

I made no comparison at all between Reagan and The Donald.

I made the point to Bob who was arguing, poorly, that The Donald would destroy the Republican party more than the "right wing yo yos" did.

That would be Reagan and Goldwater.

See the recurring meme in the consultant class is that Goldwater did it, when, in reality, no one could have beaten Johnson with Kennedy's dead body in his arms.

Additionally, the old line power brokers in the Republican party hated Reagan and did everything they could to defeat him.

That was what I was arguing with Bob.

The Donald is no Reagan, however, they both understand the American people.

A...

no need to apologize, I know you are getting a little crowzy about this...

crow6ck1.gif

6_stop.png

A...

I made no comparison at all between Reagan and The Donald.

I made the point to Bob who was arguing, poorly, that The Donald would destroy the Republican party more than the "right wing yo yos" did.

That would be Reagan and Goldwater.

See the recurring meme in the consultant class is that Goldwater did it, when, in reality, no one could have beaten Johnson with Kennedy's dead body in his arms.

Additionally, the old line power brokers in the Republican party hated Reagan and did everything they could to defeat him.

That was what I was arguing with Bob.

The Donald is no Reagan, however, they both understand the American people.

A...

no need to apologize, I know you are getting a little crowzy about this...

crow6ck1.gif

6_stop.png

Thats a great picture !!! My misunderstanding and apologies for not understanding that , I just love and loved RR .

I was breathing like that crow earlier .

Wolf wrote: Ted, can I call you Ted? Good. Listen, just between us. I'm a man of my word. If I win the most primaries, I guarantee you'll be my running mate. And if you end up with the most delegates, I'll throw all mine behind you as the presidential nominee on the first ballot -- provided you name me vice-presidential running mate. I'd be a great vice-president, kick China's ass in trade talks. Fair enough? Cool, let's shake on it. It's a done deal, and I never welsh on a done deal. I mean it. Let's go out there and give Jeb and Mario some hell.
end quote

I like the dialogue.

From Vox: . . . Trump builds the biggest, most beautiful Etch A Sketch you've ever seen. In early 2012, a top Mitt Romney adviser, Eric Fehrnstrom, was asked how some of the conservative positions Romney had staked out would play in the general election — and he delivered a memorable response. "You hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes," Fehrnstrom said. "It's almost like an Etch A Sketch. You can kind of shake it up, and we start all over again."
end quote

The fall Campaign is over. How about the convention? Oh, gee. Those Rino’s are such bullies. Who could possibly beat them? I wonder who will be prepared, with Supporters, Moles, Pranksters, and Delegates? Could it be The Donald? Yeah. You got me. Party on Dude.
Peter

She is a pro , she is a Clinton...

Marc,

In your dreams.

Hillary may be a pro and may be a Clinton, but she ain't no Bill. Not even close.

She needs to be appointed, not elected (unless it's in a place easy to rig for a former first lady and Soros crony like New York State).

She sure as hell couldn't beat a junior congressman that nobody knew.

Hell, she couldn't even get Bill to beat him for her.

Once Trump's marketing machine finishes with her, there might be a core of diehards left over, but nothing like a majority support.

I'm getting visions of Nixon against McCarthy all over again (which was a surprise landslide for Nixon). That was another election when those who normally don't vote came out in droves.

Even the term "silent majority" is now in the air.

I forgive you, though.

Friggin' Canadian, what can I say? Although I'm really feeling sorry for a few crows...

Michael

God himself would not have beat Obama 1st term . Hillary though ran alongside him for 8 years , and had her positions in the Government . Now she gets to follow that . Thats the difference .

Her running against Trump ( he will NOT get the nomination so its moot ) is not her running against Obama who was King regardless . Great politician , great fundraiser , great moment in time , great at understanding the internet and crowdsourcing and crowd funding .

Hillary gets to continue this .

I am not a Hillary fan but it would be destruction .

All moot regardless

Obama didn't have to win in 2008, even though he had the gods of liberal guilt and mainstream media on his side. He's their sock puppet--and the sock puppet of the dominant and criminal Chicago political establishment. Look at him now. He's turned into a babbler now that his lies are of no more use and no longer work. I wonder how the country will survive another year of his crap. The President is pure political flotsam. There is no President.

--Brant

Wolf,

I think that deal has already happened, presuming polls stay similar to now or better.

Trump has even stated publicly that he would consider Cruz for running mate.

btw - Just in case anyone is interested:

12.11.2015-20.31.png

This poll happened after the Muslim comment.

Ah...

How good it feels...

(Linked article here.)

Michael

I am genuinely perplexed why polls matter, never mind why polls matter right now--as opposed to the eve of an election.

So what if the polls show a split. Would they matter if the split were reversed? We all know there are polls that cut in many different directions.

Isn't the citation to a poll to show the validity of an argument/position/legitimacy of a politician a classic fallacy, such as affirming the consequent?

Obama didn't have to win in 2008, even though he had the gods of liberal guilt and mainstream media on his side. He's their sock puppet--and the sock puppet of the dominant and criminal Chicago political establishment. Look at him now. He's turned into a babbler now that his lies are of no more use and no longer work. I wonder how the country will survive another year of his crap. The President is pure political flotsam. There is no President.

--Brant

This non-President can still order troops and planes into combat.

he also has the launch codes for our nukes.

--Brant

This non-President can still order troops and planes into combat.

he also has the launch codes for our nukes.

...and his pen stays full with ink. Plenty of time for more of his executive orders.

-J

Another "reason," other than the absolute trust that The Donald's voters have in him, is the famous Sidney Greenstreet theory of advertising:

He fully gets all the implications of this great scene!

A...

Weird...

When I ran a search for that clip, this appeared from today's NY Times...

Gable plays Vic Norman, a radio advertising executive just returned from World War II. His wartime experiences have soured him on the phony aspects of his profession; nonetheless, he takes a job with the biggest and phoniest agency in town, headed by the glad-handing Kimberly (Adolphe Menjou). At Kimberly's recommendation, Vic takes over the Beautee Soap account, which brings him in close quarter's with Beautee's boorish head man Evans (Sidney Greenstreet). At their first meeting, Evans unexpectedly spits on his highly polished conference table. "Gentlemen," he growls, summing up his philosophy on advertising, "You have just seen me do a disgusting thing. But you will always remember it!" (Evans was based on George Washington Hill, the colorfully crude president of the American Tobacco Company).

http://www.nytimes.com/movies/movie/23771/The-Hucksters/overview

Well well...

He hired public relations expert Edward Bernays to reverse the taboo against women smoking in public, which he did successfully by his advertisement campaigns.[1]

So, the Progressives launched him with an anti-trust suit...

As a result of an antitrust lawsuit the company was divided into four competing companies in 1911. Senior Hill was the president of the new American Tobacco Company and his son was assigned to be a sales manager. The Lucky Strike brand was introduced five years later by the company and George was in charge of the new brand, designing its advertising and marketing campaigns largely by himself.[1]

Fascinating...

In 1927 he began directing his marketing efforts toward women, which was a first. The success of the advertising campaign, which used movie actors and singers to promote the brand, can be attributed to Albert Lasker of the Lord & Thomas agency, and Edward Bernays, both of whom were hired by Hill. Lucky Strike soon accounted for 38 percent of U.S. cigarette sales. During the Great Depression the company remained successful and Hill's salary exceeded $2,000,000. He made a substantial investment in advertising and sponsored Your Hit Parade and the Jack Benny Show. He also sponsored Frank Sinatra, Ethel Smith and Lawrence Tibbett.[1]

This is Wiki folks, so double check it, I do not have time now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Hill

A...