Donald Trump

There are just too many scenarios man where Trump gets Trumped . I know that you and our great leader MSK keep posting pictures and rallys and etc and talking poll numbers but what are the first 4 states ?

Iowa , DT loses

NH , Cruz probably wins

I think that by Carolina and Nevada a few of the mainstream candidates drop out like the Ohio Governor and maybe even Bush , and Christie not sure about him really . So Rubio gets all the support from this group and then makes his move .

Will non voters vote in the primaries for Trump ?

After these 4 states , Trump could be done .

Cruz is picking up steam , Rubio is going to be the recipient of anyone but Trump , and therefore get Adelsons money and a lot more too . Cruz cannot win the nomination either .

My question is actually why do you think that The Donald does not want to be President.

Forget the polls.

A...

Post Script: What do you think about this?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-adelson-vegas-newspaper-20151223-story.html

Not really sure about the article and God Bless Sheldon , he gets to spend his money as he wants .

Who wants to sit in that chair for 4 years from 70 -74 years old ????????? DT is worth billions , it would be the worst job on Earth for him . He is not Presidential , and he does not want to be Presidential . The job is the antithesis of DT !!!!!!!!!

He can sit back and run shit now , he won . I mean , he won - he has shaken stuff up .

You think he is prepared to go to war ????????

This will be a war , he is a strategist , a great businessman , probably a really good person , brilliant , etc etc etc .

POTUS ????????? Who would want to have billions and be POTUS .

His contempt for everything oozes out of his pores , and now he is going to actually be contained and "play the game" ???? DT ?????????

Yeah , yeah , yeah Reagan blah blah .

DT aint a Governor , and he don't want the chair .

Your turn Adam , why do you think he wants it ???????

Anyone who even goes by " The Donald " is not about POTUS

Do you know why he is so fond of that name?

Now in terms of whether he wants to be President of the United States of America the greatest country in the history of the known world?

There have only been 44 out of billions of humans on this planet since the beginning of time.

It is a very powerful Siren calling from the shoals...

Anyone can think he can tame the Siren.

I understand your point though.

I think it will make a good debate.

Both positions can marshal good arguments.

I want to believe that he wants to be President. I will not let that cloud my ability to judge our debate fairly.

I don't think either of us could agree on what the status quo is of The Donald's mind.

Resolved that: Donald Trump does/does not want to win the Presidency of the United States of America. Tough call even framing the proposition.

A...

I just received a glossy paper copy of the following Christmas card in the mail:

12.23.2015-22.31.png

The photo is on the cover like a normal Christmas card, and when you open it up, there is the other part.

This was not addressed to me as an individual, but to the entire family. This tells me Trump is investing heavily in direct mail. So it looks like he's finally starting to spend some money.

Here's a covert persuasion thing. Not a super-biggie, but quite effective as one more element in the mix.

Notice that Trump is the only candidate running who uses the word "love" regularly.

Michael

Here's a rather flawed version of Chris Matthews's documentary on Donald Trump, "Citizen Trump."

By flawed, I mean it looks like it was cobbled together from a rough cut, not a direct copy of what was aired. Sometimes the takes are flipped horizontally, sometimes a close-up on a face is too close and cuts off the chin, and so on.

But it's watchable.

Coming from Chris Matthews, you would expect this documentary to be a hit job. It isn't.

Oh, there is some criticism, but now, after watching it, I can fully understand why Trump's enemies are furious with Chris Matthews. They say he's betrayed them by putting Trump in a positive light.

I don't know if he betrayed them, but he did paint Trump mostly as positive and admirable.

So there.

The left recently lost Stephen Colbert and Chris Matthew as Trump attack dogs. More will follow.

Drip... drip... drip...

:)

Michael

The left wants Trump to be a candidate after the conventions as Clinton's best chance. Also, Trump seems ideologically better for them than, say, Cruz as a President.

If he gets the Rep. nomination they'll go after him in any way they can. If he's a third party candidate, they won't.

I don't like Cruz too much for he's too neo-Con. Also, support for Israel is one thing. Laying it on thick and thin is another. Sub rosa is a foreign policy art the country needs more of, not less. The "art" therein has evaporated along with presidential intelligence and competence. You can't doubt Cruz's intelligence. At least that's one thing going for him, as long as it doesn't result in its own kind of arrogance.

--Brant

Anyone who even goes by " The Donald " is not about POTUS

Do you know why he is so fond of that name?

Now in terms of whether he wants to be President of the United States of America the greatest country in the history of the known world?

There have only been 44 out of billions of humans on this planet since the beginning of time.

It is a very powerful Siren calling from the shoals...

Anyone can think he can tame the Siren.

I understand your point though.

I think it will make a good debate.

Both positions can marshal good arguments.

I want to believe that he wants to be President. I will not let that cloud my ability to judge our debate fairly.

I don't think either of us could agree on what the status quo is of The Donald's mind.

Resolved that: Donald Trump does/does not want to win the Presidency of the United States of America. Tough call even framing the proposition.

A...

So why is he fond of that name ?

My point about DT not wanting the job , can I prove it ? No . Its a guess obviously , yet based on the style of campaign he is running . He is too damn smart to not know that he will not be President by mocking pant suits , Carlys face and voice , and so much more - not to mention how he will "act" when shit starts to get serious ( and no MSK , things have not even started to get rough . Its been a love fest so far ) . When folks and groups start to really defend their livelihood , it will be a war . Nothing less .

DT knows this , thats why he has his exit strategy already .

You know what is better than being President ???

Not even talking a chance to lose , leave at the top and give a rational reason why you are pulling out .

Then he gets to claim forever that he " could have won " . This is the brilliance of DT , and as well - my brilliance for seeing it , for not wavering and for continually trying to teach this thread about US politics .

Peter Schwartz on DT :

I am curious as to what Trump supporters ( or at least folks who believe that Trump will win ) would write if they read this and instead of seeing Trumps name , they saw another - lets say Rubio ( and even that fact that Schwartz wrote this - I do not even know or care who Schwartz is except that he has something to do with Rand or the ARI )

I’ve previously written about MARCO RUBIO as an unprincipled, amoral, statist “deal-maker,” whose primary standard of value is popularity polls. His recent comments about Russian president Vladimir Putin only reinforce the view of MARCO RUBIO as a dangerous candidate.

When told that Putin had praised him, MARCO RUBIOs response was: "It is always a great honor to be so nicely complimented by a man so highly respected within his own country and beyond.” MARCO RUBIO expressed particular admiration over the fact that this despot had attained approval ratings “in the 80s.” Reminded by an interviewer that Putin is “a person that kills journalists, political opponents, and invades countries,” MARCO RUBIO blithely replied: “He’s running his country and at least he’s a leader. You know, unlike what we have in this country.” Pressed further by the interviewer, who said: “But again, he kills journalists that don’t agree with him”—MARCO RUBIO answered: “Well, I think our country does plenty of killing also, Joe. There’s a lot of stupidity going on in the world right now.”

PLEASE FOLKS , GIVE ME AN EARLY XMAS GIFT AND TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT YOU WOULD WRITE IF THIS QUOTE WAS NOT FROM SCHWARTZ BUT FROM A REGULAR JOE, TALKING ABOUT MARCO RUBIO .

ANY TAKERS ?

Furthermore , the press is being painted as being so horrific to DT , but the press is making and enabling this campaign . The press has made this run of Trumps a reality . They are not writing about the issues of the nation they are propping up Trump ( unintentionally as they fall for all his manipulative games -more power to DT - I love it cause I hold hatred for the press ) .

If the press started to do their job , DT is done that day .

This is a reality tv show , not an election , not a nomination process .

The real game starts a week before Iowa .

Thats why , very shortly after if not before DT walks away .

DT is NOT built for this .

Washington DC , they are built for exactly this

The left wants Trump to be a candidate after the conventions as Clinton's best chance. Also, Trump seems ideologically better for them than, say, Cruz as a President.

If he gets the Rep. nomination they'll go after him in any way they can. If he's a third party candidate, they won't.

I don't like Cruz too much for he's too neo-Con. Also, support for Israel is one thing. Laying it on thick and thin is another. Sub rosa is a foreign policy art the country needs more of, not less. The "art" therein has evaporated along with presidential intelligence and competence. You can't doubt Cruz's intelligence. At least that's one thing going for him, as long as it doesn't result in its own kind of arrogance.

--Brant

Exactly my point , Cruzs chances are less than zero , DT - still zero .

You need a Rubio to beat a Clinton . No one else could .

Rubio gets the Reagan Democrats whom Trump and this board claim will put DT in the chair .

Rubio gets the Hispanics

Rubio gets the woman vote

Rubio is about to go Reagan all over Hillary Clinton , and yeah she will win a few states for sure .

Not even Trump wants to risk this . We NEED President Rubio with all branches of Government from 2017 and 2018 . Thats how we clean up the mess from the soon to be last 8 years of wanna be Robin Hood .

There are so many skyscrapers being built in Manhattan right now , I think 5 on one street alone that will all be crazy massive buildings . Let DT go build a few more and do his thing .

Sheldon , Marco , they will set things up right

God Bless America forever , its time to get serious Mr and Mrs American voter !

#PresidentRubio2016

PLEASE FOLKS , GIVE ME AN EARLY XMAS GIFT AND TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT YOU WOULD WRITE IF THIS QUOTE WAS NOT FROM SCHWARTZ BUT FROM A REGULAR JOE, TALKING ABOUT MARCO RUBIO .

ANY TAKERS ?

Marc,

OK.

I would have written nothing. It would have seemed silly.

I don't think much of Rubio except he's a typical politician who plays voters to get elected and does everything different once elected, so it doesn't matter. And I would not know the regular Joe so I wouldn't know how to judge his comment against what he normally said (crazy, superficial, wise, etc.).

:smile:

But here. Let me turn it back on you.

What would you think if Jeb Bush had told Donald Trump (instead of Rubio) he has to show up to work if he wants to be president? Except it wasn't Jeb, but a regular Joe?

What would you say if a regular Joe told Donald Trump he had to show up to work?

Would it make any sense to you to get all hot and bothered about that?

Michael

( and no MSK , things have not even started to get rough . Its been a love fest so far ) . When folks and groups start to really defend their livelihood , it will be a war . Nothing less .

Marc,

So the media and establishment Republicans and the left have all been playing softball up to now, right?

And, moreover, Trump is a coward who will run away from them when the going gets tough because it has been a love fest up to now, right?

Hmmmmmm...

Michael

ANY TAKERS ?

Marc,

OK.

I would have written nothing. It would have seemed silly.

I don't think much of Rubio except he's a typical politician who plays voters to get elected and does everything different once elected, so it doesn't matter. And I would not know the regular Joe so I wouldn't know how to judge his comment against what he normally said (crazy, superficial, wise, etc.).

But here. Let me turn it back on you.

What would you think if Jeb Bush had told Donald Trump (instead of Rubio) he has to show up to work if he wants to be president? Except it wasn't Jeb, but a regular Joe?

What would you say if a regular Joe told Donald Trump he had to show up to work?

Would it make any sense to you to get all hot and bothered about that?

Michael

I honestly see that DT is getting a free pass for anything that he states . I understand his reasoning and he is brilliant . That being said , if Rubio , Bush or whoever stated that , they would have been ostracized

( and no MSK , things have not even started to get rough . Its been a love fest so far ) . When folks and groups start to really defend their livelihood , it will be a war . Nothing less .

Marc,

So the media and establishment Republicans and the left have all been playing softball up to now, right?

And, moreover, Trump is a coward who will run away from them when the going gets tough because it has been a love fest up to now, right?

Hmmmmmm...

Michael

Not softball but not anywhere near a war . When someone fights a war away from home its different to fighting a war at home .

Its different level shit . Notice how the Israelis fight in Gaza as opposed to how they fought in 67, or 73 for example .

So far it has been rainbows , and cotton candy and the

The media is the one who has him at 40 points , its simple because Trump makes them money . Thats why they talk Trump and Trumps sound bites and not about " boring " issues . Its sound bites . The average voter , or in Trumps case the average " non voter " , eats this up . Its propaganda , and propaganda works - hence 40 points .

The left have their own man in the game !!!!!! They love him , a lifetime Democrat spouting Democratic lines . an agent for the left !

The establishment Republicans are soft , all soft . They are too busy playing games right now .

When the war starts , it will come from all over and then they will execute their war strategy , his numbers will break , his behaviour will explode and he will make mistakes . Then it will be over .

The game is in Trumps pocket , and has been for a while . He is BRILLIANT .

Brilliance though , and a few billion and having fun shaking shit up , all big props and kudos to him . Its deserved and he is shaking up the establishment and I love it , seriously !!!!!!

When the war starts , then this thread will change to , " Trump is out because of blah blah unfair , blah blah , dirty games , blah blah , so and so did , blah blah .

Trump is not soft , he is hard core ! Will he run away , absolutely not !!!!!!!!!!

He simply will become an after thought and when one looks at why the United States is great ( 2050 looking backwards for example ) , this will be due to Trump and how he really shook things up .

Donald Trump is about to get got .

So why is he fond of that name ?

His first wife coming from Communist Czechoslovakia was a member of the Czech Olympic Ski Team.

She, in learning English developed a pattern that is classic in certain folks learning our very complicated language.

So she would say, "Where is the Stuart?" and always put in the "the" before a person's first name.

So, he is a very sensitive man.

A...

Post Script:

Somehow in lost Mark's question above...

His first wife coming from Communist Czechoslovakia was a member of the Czech Olympic Ski Team.

She, in learning English developed a pattern that is classic in certain folks learning our very complicated language.

So she would say, "Where is the Stuart?" and always put in the "the" before a person's first name.

A...

Ok , cute story but how does that make him sensitive ? My wife is from communist Cuba and played volleyball ,but she has never called me the Marc . Although , I would love that !

The Marc

A...

Ok , cute story but how does that make him sensitive ? My wife is from communist Cuba and played volleyball ,but she has never called me the Marc . Although , I would love that !

The Marc

To The Marc:

Please note, I am from NY City and was involved with the Cuban community way back in the mid 50's and you cannot conflate the speaking patterns of the two types of immigrants.

Cubans and Czechs have very differently coded speech.

Nice try though.

A...

I honestly see that DT is getting a free pass for anything that he states . I understand his reasoning and he is brilliant . That being said , if Rubio , Bush or whoever stated that , they would have been ostracized

Marc,

This is the same mistake everybody has made about Trump so far.

You think it's about words and if someone says this word or that, they go up or down in the polls. In fact, anti-Trump people are going nuts trying to find the right words that will take him down and, since July, they haven't found one.

The problem is that words have nothing to do with it.

Here's my prediction. People are still going to be searching for the right words to manipulate folks with all the way up to Trump's inauguration.

:)

Trump has a real connection with those who support him. They know he's competent, thinks like they do (common sense, honest word, family, etc.), and is a producer, not a war-monger.

So when the words people come, his supporters know he's punking them. And they are enormously entertained.

Michael

Sheldon , Marco , they will set things up right

God Bless America forever , its time to get serious Mr and Mrs American voter !

#PresidentRubio2016

Susan Estrogen, another old Evita hag, disagrees with your Rubio Latin Cuban love affair...

It's not exactly like Babe Ruth pointing with his bat to the stands where he was about to hit a home run. But the presidential primary equivalent is that candidates can stay in the race so long as they can point to a state where they are going to win — and, preferably, it's an early state.

"Winning" in primary politics is very often not about winning but about doing "better than expected," particularly if you're not the frontrunner. But at some point, sooner or later, you do need to win. You need to show that you're not just second or third choice but the first choice somewhere.

And therein lies the problem for Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida. It's just not clear where he is going to win, at least among the four early states: Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada. It's unlikely that anyone will sweep all four, but if you don't win one of them, how do you claim to be in the top tier?

http://www.creators.com/opinion/susan-estrich.html?columnsName=ses

A...

Watch out for American political mine fields...