Donald Trump

On 1/16/2020 at 9:32 PM, Brant Gaede said:

Excuse me. I'm not "still calling" anything. Where the f..k are those previous "calls" I've made?

I'm simply stating the markets are setting up for a relatively mild correction based on bullish sentiment, such as yours.

--Brant 

Apologies , not trying to bug you but we spoke about this stuff and Apple stock a while back.

sentiment now is really bearish indeed, short interest , open interest on options, insider trades, volatility index, 

markets are going to have a reverse crash day of up 10% one of these days.

folks are shorting the markets here, markets going up 

once the Dems bullshit implodes foreign investors will rush the markets 

22 hours ago, Peter said:

Marc, I know you are Canadian but are Americans safer under President Trump? Are we freer under President Trump?  Are we better off under President Trump? Are we closer to a laissez-faire economy under President Trump? Would Ayn Rand approve of President Trump? Would Ayn Rand approve of President Trump more than she approved of Dewey, Goldwater, or Reagan? Should Objectivists and lower “o” objectivists be proud Americans under President Trump? If Americans are happier now than you were under Obama . . . re-think your position. Drop the “snide.” Use reason. Peter   

My answers are 

yes

yes

yes

yes

Yes

yes

yes

yes

yes

President Obama disgusted me for all 8 years and tell you a funny story

Barbara was terrified of Obama and numerous times, she would say to me that it was the end of the US with Obama as the President.

I thought she was overly dramatic, but she was correct .

He ( she , would have finished the job )

God Bless Mr. President !!!!!!

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

I know Marc well.

He was not being snide.

He loves President Trump and he's actually like the way he posted.

Here in O-Land, people aren't used to his kind of dogs-with-muddy-paws enthusiasm, but I love it. Long live hyperbole if that is the standard. :) 

By the way, he was serious about the Dagny thing. He has two daughters, one named Kira and the other named Dominique. We became friends in the beginning because I have two sons, one named Roark and the other Ragnar. And we both loved Barbara Branden.

:)

Michael

I literally love Trump so much, I am offering anyone $100 to sell me their vote in November.

Unlimited votes accepted and will pay you by PayPal or crypto or whatever.

21 hours ago, Peter said:

I do apologize. I thought his enthusiasm for President Trump  was feigned.

Is Canadian Duance still around? I wonder what she and other Canadians think of Harry and Meghan immigrating to Canada? I think if they arrived on Delmarva we would be thrilled.  

No apology needed !!!!!!!!!!!!

Canadians hate Trump and love the Royal Family ( my basic feeling from informal polling ).

I hate the Royal family and love my President , POTUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51 minutes ago, Marc said:

I literally love Trump so much, I am offering anyone $100 to sell me their vote in November.

Unlimited votes accepted and will pay you by PayPal or crypto or whatever.

Unlimited, well shit, Deal! You have a deal, my friend. I have 1,000 for you. Monday is a US holiday, so I’ll need that $100,000 Tuesday. Don’t worry about how I get the 1,000. You worry about your part and I will worry about mine. So, Tuesday, then, excellent, Gulch or Bust!

13 hours ago, Marc said:

Apologies , not trying to bug you but we spoke about this stuff and Apple stock a while back.

sentiment now is really bearish indeed, short interest , open interest on options, insider trades, volatility index, 

Sentiment is bullish.

--Brant

14 hours ago, Marc said:

Impeachment is meddling with the 2020 election. When I watched the Democratic House mob walking through our government building yesterday they looked like some medieval catholic procession. I think investors have already labeled impeachment as BS. Will we top a 30,000 DOW soon?   

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Impeachment is meddling with the 2020 election. When I watched the Democratic House mob walking through our government building yesterday they looked like some medieval catholic procession. I think investors have already labeled impeachment as BS. Will we top a 30,000 DOW soon?   

It was horrifying to watch and Pelosi makes me sick to my stomach.

30k Dow is a given , and soon we will have a “ reverse stock market crash”.

The market has climbed a “ wall of worry” and now corporate earnings are starting to catch up , which means a higher Dow.

Market sentiment has been very very bearish , while the market climbs, so eventually , our friend Brant will be correct, just not this quarter and the icing on the cake is the new 20 year US bond that’s back 

19 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Unlimited, well shit, Deal! You have a deal, my friend. I have 1,000 for you. Monday is a US holiday, so I’ll need that $100,000 Tuesday. Don’t worry about how I get the 1,000. You worry about your part and I will worry about mine. So, Tuesday, then, excellent, Gulch or Bust!

Slow down there tiger !!!!!!

I’m a old futures trader and with the election in November , I’m not buying the votes till then , but work on another 1000 votes and we’ll talk !!!!!

why buy the votes today , I mean risk/reward scenarios would be out of whack as the votes are not even useful till November

5 hours ago, Marc said:

It was horrifying to watch and Pelosi makes me sick to my stomach.

30k Dow is a given , and soon we will have a “ reverse stock market crash”.

The market has climbed a “ wall of worry” and now corporate earnings are starting to catch up , which means a higher Dow.

Market sentiment has been very very bearish , while the market climbs, so eventually , our friend Brant will be correct, just not this quarter and the icing on the cake is the new 20 year US bond that’s back 

Egad, we are in agreement. Though we recently had some old US bonds that were difficult to cash in but a third party excelled in finishing the deal,  edit. Buyer deceased. and in someone else's name as cosigner.

7 hours ago, Peter said:

Egad, we are in agreement. Though we recently had some old US bonds that were difficult to cash in but a third party excelled in finishing the deal,  edit. Buyer deceased. and in someone else's name as cosigner.

Great minds think alike 

On 1/18/2020 at 4:15 PM, Marc said:

Slow down there tiger !!!!!!

I’m a old futures trader and with the election in November , I’m not buying the votes till then , but work on another 1000 votes and we’ll talk !!!!!

why buy the votes today , I mean risk/reward scenarios would be out of whack as the votes are not even useful till November

Tuesday fast approaching. I just hope no one snatches them up from you while you suffer through this terrible irresolution.

19 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

The Dems bus illegals to the voting booths.

--Brant

I went to college after I was discharged from the army and I worked nights at Pomeroy's Liquor Store in Selbyville, Delaware. The Dems used to buy whole cases of half pints and hand them out in the parking lot to potential voters and then a van picked those people up to vote Democratic.   

A two thirds majority of Senators is required to convict. How many senators is that to convict? 67. Soooooo . . .  20 Republicans and all the Democrats would have to vote for conviction and that is not going to happen. Some mashed up notes follow. Peter

The U.S. Senate has 53 Republicans and 47 Democrats (including two independents).

Which Senators Are Likely To Vote For Trump’s Removal? By Percy Bacon Almost certain to vote for removal: 44 Democrats. There are a lot of competing incentives at work in the Senate regarding impeachment. The way it all shakes out, however, is that the removal vote is at about 56-44 in Trump’s favor. Swing votes based on centrism: 2 Democrats There are two Democrats, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, who are not up for re-election in 2020 but who might still vote against removal. Swing vote based on electoral considerations: 1 Democrat Like Manchin and Sinema, Doug Jones of Alabama also voted for Barr. Unlike Manchin and Sinema, Jones is up for re-election in 2020. My read on Jones is that he’s not that personally centrist; instead, he seems to be trying to figure out how to stay in his seat in pro-Trump Alabama

Trump-skeptical, limited electoral considerations: 2 Republicans Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Mitt Romney of Utah are among the most Trump-skeptical Republicans in Congress Trump-skeptical, significant electoral considerations: 2 Republicans Cory Gardner of Colorado and Susan Collins of Maine are both up for reelection in 2020 in Democratic-leaning states. Both have a history of breaking with Trump Trump-skeptical, huge electoral considerations: 1 Republican Ben Sasse of Nebraska was among Trump’s most vocal GOP critics during the president’s first two years in office. But as Sasse’s 2020 re-election bid has neared, the Nebraska senator has changed course — not quite embracing Trump but not going out of his way to emphasize their disagreements either. Pro-Trump, retiring (no electoral pressure): 4 Republicans This group includes Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Richard Burr of North Carolina, Mike Enzi of Wyoming, Pat Roberts of Kansas.2 Pro-Trump, with significant electoral considerations: 4 Republicans This group of Republicans — John Cornyn of Texas, Joni Ernst of Iowa, Martha McSally of Arizona, Thom Tillis of North Carolina — has a lot in common with the previous group (neither particularly anti-Trump nor especially pro-Trump), except they’re all up for reelection in 2020 in relatively swingy states. In other words, this is a bit of a complicated vote for them. Always Trumpers: 8 Republicans These Republicans — Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, Mike Braun of Indiana, Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Kevin Cramer of North Dakota, Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi, Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue of Georgia3 and Rick Scott of Florida — either rose to power post-Trump or are closely allied with the president on immigration issues in particular (Cotton and Perdue). I don’t think they will ever, ever break with the president.

For the clueless (which excludes most OL readers), President Trump is still the President of the United States of America.

From over a week ago:

On 1/14/2020 at 10:36 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I predict that tomorrow, President Trump will be just as much President as he is today, and that Generalissimo Franco will be just as dead.

Let's see what happens.

More updates as we go along.

To be redundant, ditto once again as I reiterate the same.

Michael

I just watched Alan Dershowitz give a class in the Constitution to the Senate. And, by extension, obliterate all the legal grounds for the impeachment to begin with.

His part was at the end of yesterday's day of trial. I have copied the video here to start at the right point, including Sekulow's short introduction, but for those where this doesn't work, please start at 6:47:49.

I learned two things, both of which Dershowitz backed up with proper documentation:

1. "High crimes and misdemeanors" meant crimes at time time the Constitution was written.

2. Impeachable crimes must have a political element. (Which is the reason Clinton's felony in lying to Congress about Lewinski was not proper grounds--the political element was missing.)

Michael

On 12/11/2019 at 7:56 PM, tmj said:

How many violations did Horowitz cite?

Same number of witnesses the DemocRats had in the House impeachment ... 

Remember Republicans, the Democrats already had 17 witnesses, we were given NONE! Witnesses are up to the House, not up to the Senate. Don’t let the Dems play you!
5:56 AM · Jan 29, 2020