Donald Trump

Trump will be tried in the Senate. However, watch what the Republican controlled Senate does to the Dems. The Dems will be put on trial. Just think about who'll be compelled to testify.

The only fly in the ointment will be the RINOS.

The Reps will be able to campaign on this for a generation.

The Democrat Party has just utterly destroyed itself.

--Brant

here come the death throes

Headline: Nancy Pelosi to address America after Impeachment.

My fellow Americans. After reviewing the House's options of execution, life imprisonment, and exile, we have decided we will make President Trump stay in office until the beginning of 2025 and he is required to work hard in his current work/release program.  

For anyone worried about impeachment, we are going to see the Wile E. Coyote effect kick in again.

Think about this pattern.

ESTABLISHMENT MEDIA, POLITICIANS AND PUNDITS: Now we've got Trump We've got him good this time. The walls are closing in (etc. etc. etc.).

ANTI-TRUMP SHEEPLE: Ooooohhhh... Damn that feels good. Fuck Drumf. Lock him up. (etc. etc. etc.)

ESTABLISHMENT MEDIA, POLITICIANS AND PUNDITS: Now watch this as we show you the take down. 

ANTI-TRUMP SHEEPLE: Get him! Get him! Get him! 

(fizzle)

ANTI-TRUMP SHEEPLE (long faces): Wha... What happened? He's still there.

Then the cycle repeats with a different attempt.

How many times has this happened since the primaries? Let's look at some (not in order since a timeline would take too much effort for this one post).

• Mexican rapists
  • McCain not hero
  • Megyn Kelly double feature: 1. Debate fiasco, and 2. Bleeding out of her wherever.
  • Grab 'em by the pussy
  • Trump University
  • Small hands
  • Stormy Daniels
  • Not releasing tax returns
  • Michael Flynn takedown
  • Charlottesville demonstration fine people comment
  • Russian Collusion--"muh Russians!"  (three years running the pattern at least twice a week)
  • Steele Dossier (a branch of "muh Russians!" that has been used over and over)
  • Meeting at Trump Tower (a branch of "muh Russians!" that has been used over and over)
  • Mueller Report, including Mueller testimony before Congress (a branch of "muh Russians!" that has been used over and over)
  • Manafort takedown
  • Caravans of illegals going to border
  • Children in cages at border
  • A long press and media project floating a 25th Amendment removal of the president
  • Michael Cohen (former lawyer for Trump) testimonies and disgrace
  • Books: Fire and Fury (Wolff), Fear: Trump in the White House (Woodward), A Higher Loyalty (Comey), Unhinged (Omarosa), A Warning (Anonymous), The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 37 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President (Lee), and many others used by the press in the above pattern
  • Meeting with Kim Jong Il of North Korea
  • Shit-hole countries comment
  • Blackmailing Ukraine
  • Verbal war with NFL (team members taking knee during National Anthem)
  • Deep State coup (since the primaries) and too many leaks and events to list
  • A massive number of tweets by President Trump causing furious outrage of his enemies
  • Mid-term election wins by Democrats and Republican loss of House majority

This list is small by comparison with what actually happened.

And in each case--in each and every case--there was a blanket of news coverage that followed the same pattern: (1) This time we got Trump, (2) Here we go so just watch, and (3) Fizzle.

And each time the anti-Trump public went delirious anticipating Trump's demise, then stupefied when nothing happened and he was still there.

The psychological effect of this has been to increase the frustration of the anti-Trump true believers until they can't see straight and increase the cognitive dissonance of the fellow travelers.

Over time, many fellow travelers are drifting away, or think all this is silly, or even become Trump supporters at a distance. Or, they become outright enemies of the Democrat establishment like the hard left is right now.

Meanwhile, with each attempt, Road Runner Donald keeps going, "Bleep bleep." whooosh...

That is the case even for this impeachment.

:)

Michael

Pelosi won't send the Articles of Impeachment over to the Senate. Obviously, an acquittal is not interesting for "controlling the narrative." 

Many constitutional scholars are saying that unless the Articles are delivered to the Senate, impeachment has not yet occurred.

It's going to be interesting to see how this one goes down, especially if McConnell invites the Supreme Court Justice over, swears everybody in, then holds a vote to throw the thing out since the Articles from the accusers (the House) were not delivered. It would be like the plaintiff not filing all the paperwork before a trial.

For the good of the country, I don't think it matters one way or the other. The Dems have sunk themselves for the foreseeable future. When they wake up, it will be too late.

Michael

Yesterday's NYT described Trump's letter to Pelosi as a "diatribe"--righr there on the front page.

I wouldn't let my dog--if I still had one--poop on that fascist rag. It's not good enough for that.

When Repiblican politicos stop fearing the Main Streem  Media they'll really kick ass.

--Brant

I read the Times every day from 1968 to 1993 when, as bad as it was then, it was incomparably better than it is now

I see it in the store along with other crap pretending to be newspapers

The United States has transitionned from a republic to a democracy. Next comes the left-crushing empire with Trump as emperor light, a harbinger.

The left is irrelevant to this general process. It cannot rule this country naked. With no intellectual or moral clothes it is naked--naked ugly.

In a sense the US became an empire as it expanded westward. There was a stop in the Civil War. Then decades later it resumed with the two political parties in bed with each other pretending antagonism. That was Empire I. There is no more pretense. Thus the fall of Empire I. The Dems will now be crushed for the sake of continuing with this empire business. If not crushed by the voters then by the Chief Executive. Or, good-by democracy. Regardless. Here comes the empire. Again or anew.

The process might be stopped by technology empowering individuals. A manifestation of such might be in Hong Kong. However, Americans love empire more than freedom. It's partially male biological. Wealth helps. And the boys love to fight. This country's wealth was made possible by tobacco, cotton and trade, the Erie canal and the Mississippi River system.

Does the world need America? Well, America needs the world. 

--Brant

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Pelosi won't send the Articles of Impeachment over to the Senate. Obviously, an acquittal is not interesting for "controlling the narrative." 

It would be hilarious if impeachment never happened because the witch of the west didn't send the paperwork to The Senate. Maybe the house will then impeach Pelosi. 

Paraphrasing Rush Limbaugh around 12:35 Friday Dec. 20, 2019, Donald Trump is the first President in our lifetimes who has not started a war. Now he did inherit some, but he did not start one.

Would it not be wonderful if President Trump presented a Senate trial with an informative light show like those Q videos presenting his case? And with leads and evidence to convict dirty democrats . . . if only . . . gulp . . . if only someone would investigate? Peter

21 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Is that why Vodka Nancy is withholding articles?

Is she only now thinking this through?

Jon,

Schiff has already hinted that Pence is a Russian agent or something and shows all the signs of setting his show up again around Pence.

If they can finish the job with Trump, then knock Pence out, Pelosi becomes President.

That's too remote for reality, but it's technically possible on the books, so I bet it's on the table with these knuckleheads.

Michael

LOL...

That's a quip, but in today's environment, that could turn into a massive call to action. And that won't be the only thing. President Trump is super-creative and so are his followers.

So it starts...

There is a saying in Brazil that I love. I don't post it often since it is vulgar. But it applies perfectly to Pelosi & Co.

Birds that swallow stones better know the size of their own assholes.

Michael

On 12/27/2019 at 7:44 AM, Peter said:

This is usually the time of the year that I give gifts of Robert Tracinski's site and re-subscribe myself   Not this year. He just doesn't get Trump and Trump's objective qualities.  

In a word, Peter: symbolism. The aesthetic imagery that an entity's or person's inner goodness and beauty is manifested by outer goodness and beauty. That's shown especially by the Left who are infatuated with the "beau geste" in these multi media pervaded times, over facts and real outcomes. Where symbolic-aesthetics entered the identifying-evaluations of Objectivists, who know that outward appearances don't make the man, is puzzling. (Cue intrinsicism and rationalism). I keep hearing of the president's "bad character" - again, that's his (superficial and public) persona ajudged by lefties who don't know "character", I've found; objective qualities under fire he has shown plenty of. 

• Like 1

I see that our President has flaws . . . but overall? GDP. Employment. Getting out of the cycle of "forever wars." Trade. Strength. Safety. A brighter future. Freedom. Less regulation. More Laissez-Faire but not the idealized type that may never happen. Liking to hear his soundbites, and laughing with him when he makes a gaff. Proud to be an American. I saw that news story where Canada in 2014 or 16? took out his scene in "Home Alone Two," to not offend Canadians. That scene was really good IM(not so)HO. The future is looking up. I think the polls that show him losing to about four democratic candidates in 2020 is hog wash. Peter   

Tracinski is puzzling. He still sends me his year-end rehashes of old columns.

One more thing about our macho El Presidente. He is authentic and an authentic American. A builder who likes his guilder. Joke.  I don’t think he is conniving in a Shakespearean way but he can get people *to thinking* about things, that he thinks need to be observed or reevaluated. I like the way he handles his critics. “Don’t tread on me,” is his (imagined) motto to me.  I am proud to be an American. Peter

From below about Lee Greenwood. Years ago I went to see Don Williams (“Time,” “Come Early Morning,” “I’ll Be gone,” “Morning Dew,”) who is a western/pop singer and Lee Greenwood was the opening act. Every time Lee sang, “Stand up,” everyone stood up.

From Wikipedia. Midtown Manhattan is the central portion of the borough of Manhattan in New York City. Midtown is home to some of the city's most iconic buildings, including the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, the Hudson Yards Redevelopment Project, the headquarters of the United Nations, Grand Central Terminal, and Rockefeller Center, as well as Broadway and Times Square.

Trump was born and raised in the New York City borough of Queens, and received a bachelor's degree in economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. He took charge of his family's real-estate business in 1971, renamed it The Trump Organization, and expanded its operations from Queens and Brooklyn into Manhattan . . . . Trump Tower is a 58-floor, 664-foot-tall (202 m) mixed-use skyscraper at 721–725 Fifth Avenue, between 56th and 57th Streets, in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Trump Tower serves as the headquarters for the Trump Organization. Additionally, it houses the penthouse condominium residence of the building's namesake and developer, U.S. president Donald Trump, who is also a businessman and real estate developer. Several members of the Trump family also live, or have resided, in the building. The tower stands on a plot where the flagship store of department-store chain Bonwit Teller was formerly located.

God Bless the U.S.A. by Lee Greenwood

If tomorrow all I had was gone,
All I'd hope to see
And I had to start again
With just my friends and family

I'd thank my lucky stars,
To be livin' here today.
Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
And they can't take that away.

And I'm proud to be an American,
Where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,