Donald Trump

On 8/27/2022 at 5:08 PM, william.scherk said:

Judge Cannon does President Trump a favour. 

And the DOJ responds ...

On 8/25/2022 at 3:03 PM, william.scherk said:

Steve Bannon said it Gestapo Prison best. 

Fresh from the Bannon War Room today.  

So when President Trump gets indicted which seems certain, how does anyone figure this plays out from here to the midterms? 

I know that when Batista put Fidel Castro in jail, the support of Castro rose so much that a few years later Castro overthrew the Government.

Now before any smarty pants on the board states that I am comparing Castro to President Trump, I am not but I am comparing jailing or trying to jail your political opponent.

Is this their last move to bring the people to the streets, false flags and then crackdowns for the midterms? 

Trump's True Truth Social account re-Truths a definition of Trump Derangement Syndrome:

trumpSocial-TDS.png

d33b61a4ab6afad1.jpg

Edited by william.scherk
Linked/ true-truth
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

23 hours ago, Marc said:

So when President Trump gets indicted which seems certain, how does anyone figure this plays out from here to the midterms? 

I'd be shocked if Trump is charged with a crime before the mid-term elections. 

Meanwhile, the Department of Justice has submitted a motion to Judge Cannon opposing the Special Master request made by Donald Trump.

The DOJ claims that they seized items that do not belong to Donald Trump, to put it briefly.

Eg, 

documents.png

11 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

I'd be shocked if Trump is charged with a crime before the mid-term elections. 

Meanwhile, the Department of Justice has submitted a motion to Judge Cannon opposing the Special Master request made by Donald Trump.

The DOJ claims that they seized items that do not belong to Donald Trump, to put it briefly.

Eg, 

documents.png

I would be shocked if he was not charged with some trumped up charge.

• Smile 1

A timely spanking from Styx, via Rumble:

If you have a high-resolution image of the evidence photo, you can look closely at the TIME magazine cover off to the right. It depicts various figures massed outside the office windows, with Trump on the phone in the foreground.

Some mouthpieces, former honchos and not -- along with calm and rational voices from Trump World have their own soundbites doing the round today. You can catch Kash Patell on the Benny Johnson show spitting fire.

#Stagegate?

9 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Trump has responded in a 19-page motion.  Basically, ignore all of the meretricious nonsense in the DOJ brief and make a special master do what I suggest.  

Via the Washington Examiner

specialMastersDutiesTrumpaug31filingPg15

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

make a special master do what I suggest...

William

Meaning don't make shit up like the FBI keeps doing.

:)

The FBI--the entire Deep State--has lost all credibility.

Remember the boy who cried wolf and all. The story's kinda old...

I keep seeing people joke. The template they use more or less follows this form:

1. The time they've got him. He's dead to rights. That walls are closing in. Etc.
2. It's treason. It's worse. Etc.
3. Oh... it's conspiracy to do something or other... oh... it's likely worse... Etc.
4. Oh... it's obstruction...

5. God damn it!

This is a regular comedy routine.

Russia hoax. Two impeachments. And on and on and on.

It reminds me of a comedy dude a long time ago--I don't remember his name. He would say he could walk on water. He would fill up a tank that everyone could see through. He would jazz it up and make people wait. He would do several false starts, then back up to meditate more and jazz it up more. Then he would finally step out into the tank and fall like a sack of metal screws.

And it never failed to be hilarious.

Michael

On 8/31/2022 at 9:18 AM, Marc said:

I would be shocked if he was not charged with some trumped up charge.

Do you know who else would not be shocked at a Trump indictment, Marc?  This guy, Andrew Napolitano, former FoxNews legal personality (I forget if he was canned or flounced off -- or as with Lou Dobbs's departure from Fox, there one day, next day not, no goodbyes). 

In the Washington Times opinion piece Napolitano starts off with "It gives me no joy to write this piece" ... that part may be bumf, while the rest of his argument could be of interest, if only for the invocation of a Murray Rothbard percept.

Why Donald Trump will soon be indicted

What will his defense be?

By Andrew P. Napolitano - - Wednesday, August 31, 2022
OPINION:

It gives me no joy to write this piece.

[...]

I have often argued that many of these statutes that the feds have enacted to protect themselves are morally unjust and not grounded in the Constitution. One of my intellectual heroes, the great Murray Rothbard, taught that the government protects itself far more aggressively than it protects our natural rights.

In a monumental irony, both Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks journalist who exposed American war crimes during the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, and Edward Snowden, the former National Security Agency employee who exposed criminal mass government surveillance upon the American public, stand charged with the very same crimes that are likely to be brought against Mr. Trump. On both Mr. Assange and Mr. Snowden, Mr. Trump argued that they should be executed. Fortunately for all three, these statutes do not provide for capital punishment.

Mr. Rothbard warned that the feds aggressively protect themselves. Yet, both Mr. Assange and Mr. Snowden are heroic defenders of liberty with valid moral and legal defenses. Mr. Assange is protected by the Pentagon Papers case, which insulates the media from criminal or civil liability for revealing stolen matters of interest to the public, so long as the revealer is not the thief. Mr. Snowden is protected by the Constitution, which expressly prohibits the warrantless surveillance he revealed, which was the most massive peacetime abuse of government power.

What will Mr. Trump say in his defense to taking national defense information? I cannot think of a legally viable one.

I think there is a real reluctance (and policy prescription) that "politically-charged" proceedings do not drop bombshells like an indictment of former president, at least not before the November 8 elections.

Napolitano may have been infected with the basic malady that leads to full, alarming syndromal behaviour. He's not all the way there yet. 

In the back of my mind is a vision that Biden will proffer a pardon to Trump between now and then, secretly and with conditions. If you think back to the number of criminal proceedings and jail time derived from the Watergate scandal, and that Gerald Ford, for better or worse, removed any future criminal sanction for his former boss with the Nixon pardon, it could be argued that Biden pre-emptively pardoning his predecessor would be better for the nation's mental and maybe physical health.  

Of course, my musing doesn't extend to figuring out what the secret deal would be.  "I and We give you pardon. You and you give us _______" ...

-- in other news of the present scandal of Mar-a-Lago raid, Judge Aileen Bannon's heard arguments today from the Movant's side and from the government's side. 

Nothing of bombshell material was decided, although there is some confusion about a more detailed inventory being unsealed and/or delivered to the Movant's attorneys. No date set on when she might put out a ruling, and no real intel from reporters in the courtroom on what may be decided

It's interesting to see Alina Habba do the rounds of media appearances yesterday and today. It's almost as if she is not in consultations or coordination with the other Trump lawyers in court today. They have not  claimed that he had declassified anything at issue.

President Trump did two interviews today, both notable for the feisty and upbeat message. John Fredericks and Wendy Bell were the hosts. [Links to come]

Edited by william.scherk
Added mundane descriptors; beach beckons

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
21 hours ago, william.scherk said:

make a special master do what I suggest...

William

Meaning don't make shit up like the FBI keeps doing.

William,

To repeat: Trump suggests don't make shit up...

Like this:

HUGE BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: FBI Doctored Mar-a-Lago Photo, Added Their Own Docs to Create a Crime Scene that Didn’t Exist

FBI-Mar-a-Lago-Fake-Crime-Scene2.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

The FBI created a fake crime scene at Mar-a-Lago by adding their documents to the scene and doctoring the photo of the scene.  This is against the law. The DOJ responded in a lawsuit by President Trump...

So, do you think the Special Master should do what Trump suggests (follow the law) or should it do what the Justice Department suggests (railroad Trump) as your spin suggests it do?

Hmmmmmm?...

:evil: 

Michael

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, william.scherk said:

-- in other news of the present scandal of Mar-a-Lago raid, Judge Aileen Bannon's heard arguments today from the Movant's side and from the government's side. 

Unsealed inventory! https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/expanded-mar-a-lago-inventory/ddd2634e93cbc431/full.pdf

webMetaImg?v=1
GROUND.NEWS

A federal court in West Palm Beach on Friday unsealed more documents tied to the FBI's unprecedented Aug. 8 search of former President Donald Trump's Florida home, after media outlets asked for the...

malInventorySept2.png

drudgeReportMAL-unsealedInventorySept2.p

A transcript of Thursday's hearing before Judge Aileen Cannon: 

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/22274704/trumphearingtranscript.pdf

-- I won't try to summarize, save to say that Judge Cannon seems to be giving the Plaintiff lawyers a good opportunity to plead their case of harm against him.

Here's who the various lawyers are in this proceeding.

appearingB4CannonThursday.png

-- a particularly interesting question from Judge Cannon:

FbvU4BvUUAAcG1m?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by william.scherk
Added query from Judge Cannon

Surprise, surprise.

An order issued by Judge Aileen Cannon authorizes the appointment of a Special Master and freezes the criminal investigation.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.64.0_2.pdf

sept5-ruling-Cannon.png

Let the gnashing of teeth commence!

10 minutes ago, Peter said:
22 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Why would a former President save and want documentation? Aha! He planned on writing a memoir! 

Wagging the dog ...

trumpexcusesMALraid.png_large

Edited by william.scherk
Linked image to Twitter

8 hours ago, william.scherk said:

William,

OK.

Dirtbag Andrew Weissmann SUFFERS MELTDOWN After Florida Judge Respects Rule of Law and Blocks Lawless DOJ in Their Assault on Trump

Andrew-Weissmann-AL.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Earlier today, Judge Aileen Cannon granted President Trump’s request for a Special Master review of the material confiscated by the Biden DOJ during their raid on his home at Mar-a-Lago. JUST IN: Judge...

Michael