Natanyahu Lowers the Boom

BaalChatzaf

What about Alice's Restaurant...where you can get anything you want...

excepting Alice.

Great toon. Funny stuff. Once you hear it you will never forget the melody. Still being played on radio stations around Thanksgiving.

I had my Army physical in '67, at their center on Whitehall St. Plenty of truth to what Arlo talks about there...mother rapers, father rapers and plenty of guys trying their best to get rejected...including me. Go to time 7:41

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left the army in 1967 after my 3-year enlistment. The draft sluiced me into military service as it did millions of others. In 1964 there was no big horrible fucked up war looking me in the face. (Vietnam was no WWII. It was fight not to win. Worse than Korea.) Back then they were even taking some of the draftees into the Marines Corps. For those who don't know, being too young and all, the draft was for two years and they did what they wanted with you depending on military needs and how you scored on the battery of tests they gave you and everyone enlisting. They wanted to send me to language school in Monterey, California for a year and the National Security Agency. That would have set me up for a career in NSA as a civilian or the CIA, but I'd have to sign up for four, not three, years. I was already to go to photography school in Ft. Dix, NJ on a three-year enlistment. The Air Force and Navy wanted four-year enlistments. Generally speaking, the smartest went into the AF. Not going to be an officer as I had no college degree there was too much a chance I wouldn't be a flyboy; stuck on the ground. If I had had 20/20 vision in each eye, I would have stayed in college and gone into the AF as an officer (or OCS--Officer Candidate School) and tried to be a pilot in spite of the danger of being stuck in a missile silo. That would have been a six-year commitment. No way would I have gone for six years in the navy, much less the army, to be an officer. Junior officers have to salute everybody and tend to be disrespected by everybody. You don't disrespect an enlisted man; he has the power to stop everything simply by literally following orders--or worse. Of course, we all got along. I had one officer in Special Forces I didn't like, but that's not the same thing. He was KIA in December 1967 when I was back in college. On the brain level I'm sorry he was killed--I found out about it decades later--while on the gut level it's still, fuck him! I imagine he could have ended up at least a bird Colonel or even a General.

--Brant

Important article, no Iron Dome for these nightmares...

Colonel Azulai, deputy commander of the Israeli military’s Southern Gaza Division, said this tunnel stretched eight-tenths of a mile into Israel, next to a field filled with watermelon, ripe but unpicked because of the war. It ended about 600 yards from Kibbutz Ein Hashlosha, a rural enclave of 325, but was unfinished: Unlike the tunnels used to infiltrate Israel from Gaza in recent days, this one still had electric lines along the wall and carriage tracks used to ferry out dirt.

JULY 25, 2014

Destroying such tunnels was the stated goal of Israel’s ground invasion of Gaza, which began July 17. But 11 days into the mission, and after Israeli officials say they have found 31 tunnels and destroyed 15, Palestinian militants again penetrated underground into Israel on Monday evening and confronted soldiers in a staging area. Multiple soldiers were killed, a senior military official said, as was at least one of the men from Gaza.

Tunnel Found
0729-for-web-TUNNELmap-180.png

5 MILES

Gaza

Mediterranean Sea

GAZA STRIP

Area where tunnel

was discovered

Khan Younis

Ein Hashlosha

Rafah

ISRAEL

“We will not complete the operation without neutralizing the tunnels, the sole purpose of which is the destruction of our civilians and the killing of our children,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel declared in a televised address afterward. “It cannot be that the citizens of the state of Israel will live under the deadly threats of missiles and infiltration through tunnels — death from above and death from below.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/world/middleeast/tunnels-lead-right-to-heart-of-israeli-fear.html?_r=0

Yea, those same civilians elected HAMAS.

That simple fact routinely gets ignored:

Jewhaters elected a jewhater government in their own jewhater image.

There are no innocent civilians. They chose Hamas and are complicit in the evil acts of Hamas against Israel. The "innocent civilians" want Israel destroyed.

Have you seen the extent of the tunnels? Billions of dollars of tunnels. All of the aid the jewhaters receive from nations stupid enough to give it to them is used to dig holes into Israel.

Did we care about civilians that got in the way of military objectives when we bombed Berlin? How about Hiroshima and Nagasaki? What was the point of destroying those entire cities? Because the Japanese would never surrender because they embraced death as a philosophy. Suicide bombing via kamikaze pilots.

If Israel wants to ever stop HAMAS they need to fight to win once and for all. This includes destroying Iran as well who of course is just using Palestinians as useful idiots in a proxy war.

Spot on, Jules.

I am not saying to destroy the entire people, give them warning even that in "X" number of days we are levelling the entire Gaza Strip, anyone that does not leave is going to be assumed to be our enemy and shall be treated as enemy combatants. We have tried to extend the hand of peace but you have bitten the hand that feeds you one too many times. Get used to living in Jordan we are reclaiming all of Gaza because you have not been nice neighbours.Then destroy it utterly and completely. Rebuild it after the borders are secure. It is the only way Israel will ever be free of them. Hard line? Yes. Necessary? Only if in the long run Israel wants to survive. You don't cure cancer with a band aid temporary solution, you remove the cancer before it kills you.

It's my hope that a situation similar to your description comes to pass, for that's the only way to resolve the issue. It's impossible to destroy all of the jewhaters. They can only be displaced farther away from Israel so that there can be a buffer.

Greg

Just because I don't respond to crap posted on this thread doesn't mean I sanction or endorse it. It's always the people who don't know war who think they are the great tactical experts. They ought to stick to broad armchair strategies, which I prefer myself although I know a lot about tactics, where they might make some sense or at least valid talking points. And I'm sorry, Jules, "destroying Iran" isn't even a strategy. It's impossible. Even Japan and Germany in WWII were not destroyed. This is becoming like the bomb the mosques "debate" on SLOP almost eight years ago that caused me to pack up and come here. I've always been grateful for that for I was able to make up with Barbara Branden and find generally more intelligent people. I'll be even blunter: for this kind of discussion Jules, you are ignorant, but Greg is impossibly stupid. I can talk to ignorance and maybe even find out about some of my own ignorance. Greg? Furgetabutit.

--Brant

Yea, those same civilians elected HAMAS. Did we care about civilians that got in the way of military objectives when we bombed Berlin? How about Hiroshima and Nagasaki? What was the point of destroying those entire cities? Because the Japanese would never surrender because they embraced death as a philosophy. Suicide bombing via kamikaze pilots.

If Israel wants to ever stop HAMAS they need to fight to win once and for all. This includes destroying Iran as well who of course is just using Palestinians as useful idiots in a proxy war.

I am not saying to destroy the entire people, give them warning even that in "X" number of days we are levelling the entire Gaza Strip, anyone that does not leave is going to be assumed to be our enemy and shall be treated as enemy combatants. We have tried to extend the hand of peace but you have bitten the hand that feeds you one too many times. Get used to living in Jordan we are reclaiming all of Gaza because you have not been nice neighbours.

Then destroy it utterly and completely. Rebuild it after the borders are secure. It is the only way Israel will ever be free of them. Hard line? Yes. Necessary? Only if in the long run Israel wants to survive. You don't cure cancer with a band aid temporary solution, you remove the cancer before it kills you.

Hamas won an election. Do you know it wasn't rigged? And all who voted against Hamas? Go ahead and ID and avoid hurting them?

Israel invited the PLO and Arafat back into Gaza from de facto north African exile effectively giving up Gaza to them and then Sharon pulled all Israelies out of Gaza and Hamas took over.

WWII was war between governments and the bad guys surrendered. There is no government going to surrender in Gaza.

What to do about Iran in all this? is a good and proper question. "Destroying Iran" means you don't begin to know the answer. As for levelling the entire Gaza Strip? How are you going to do that? Have you even thought about debris removal? And how does that even begin to deal with Iran, the major problem? Locally you can stop the importation of missiles into Gaza, but not into vast completely radicalized Gaza refugee camps in Egypt. This means not destroying Gaza but cutting Gaza off from Egypt, until Hamas is destroyed, with better border controls.

--Brant

“We will not complete the operation without neutralizing the tunnels, the sole purpose of which is the destruction of our civilians and the killing of our children,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel declared in a televised address afterward. “It cannot be that the citizens of the state of Israel will live under the deadly threats of missiles and infiltration through tunnels — death from above and death from below.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/world/middleeast/tunnels-lead-right-to-heart-of-israeli-fear.html?_r=0

This is a legitimate goal for it may not be practical or possible to destroy Hamas without taking on Iran directly.

--Brant

Few national leaders possess the direct resolute eloquent moral clarity of Benjamin Natanyahu. Israel couldn't have a better man for a leader. What a striking contrast to the weak immoral emasculated feminised liberal males, Obama and Kerry.

Greg

Hamas won an election. Do you know it wasn't rigged?

Yes... because people create the government they deserve in their own image. In this instance it is jewhaters who created a jewhater government. This fact makes everyone who chose to live in jewhating Gaza fair game as complicit collateral damage.

That's how war works. I know. I was in one.

Greg

The following link is really graphic, so warning to the more sensitive readers.

The headline says it all.

I don't know anything about this video other than it was posted on Israel Video Network on July 24. But it seems recent. And it is definitely not staged, not from what I can see.

When Burying a Terrorist, You Might Want to Remove the Suicide Vest First…

I swear, on seeing that video I want to laugh, but as soon as I start, I want to cry.

There's a ton load I want to say, too, but when I start, I just want to cry.

Michael

I don't know anything about this video other than it was posted on Israel Video Network on July 24. But it seems recent. And it is definitely not staged, not from what I can see.

It is not staged. It is not recent, but from relatively early days of the Syrian uprising. It was an instance, and not the only one, of a regime side IED/car bomb/mortar shell exploding during a funeral for protesters the regime forces had previously shot dead. As the repurposing for the IsraeliVideoNetwork site suggests 'suicide vest' on a corpse without noting who, where, how, why or when, I appreciate the grim humour in a kind of abtsract way. Since the time of this bombing, the scope of the regime war crimes has only broadened, of course.

(it's not the first time that internet sites have used images or videos from Syria to illustrate current or parallel horrors)

I swear, on seeing that video I want to laugh, but as soon as I start, I want to cry.

Death by explosion is par for the course in Syria every day of the week, whether by shelling from the rebels, air-strikes, shelling and barrel-bombs from the regime, or suicide bombs, shelling and mass executions by the demented religious force of IS. I advise OLers to not watch the video. It is horrifying. The numbers of dead, maimed, exiled, in refuge or otherwise made wretched by war ... ugly and awful and worse. Considering the numbers of people tortured to death in Syrian detention, or the number of children killed, maimed and orphaned, the heart grows ever heavier.

I think the current Gaza operations will end long before a hint of peace comes to Syria, let alone a ceasefire.

Michael

Why cry. They who live by the sword shall perish by the sword.

Those who wrap their martyrs in explosive will be blown up.

Well Brant their current practice of restraint is not exactly working. They have tried everything possible and it only results in a stay of execution/extinction for Israel. Given the weak state of the current USA government Israel can no longer count on the USA "having their back".

This is what is going to happen in future.

Iran IS going to get "the bomb". They will then use HAMAS and any other useful idiot to send a an all out assault on Iron Dome with the intent of overwhelming it with conventional rockets. When it is depleted Iran will then drop nukes on the unprotected cities and turn Israel into a cinder block. Iran does not give a rats ass about civilians or even if it's own people are martyred via radiation poisoning. They will call it a win for Allah. Then? The other weaker Arab nations will all scramble to build their arsenal because Iran is the big bully on the block.

First the Saturday people, and then the Sunday people. The US will be the next on the target list once Israel is destroyed.

Carry on nothing to see here, I'm just an ignorant fool who cannot possibly see future possibilities.

Here is some food for thought.

http://www.israelvideonetwork.com/the-video-obama-didnt-want-to-get-out

Btw Brant I do agree that Israel and most likely the USA is going to have to take on Iran directly as you say. Is it wise tactically to ignore HAMAS while doing so? Will Egypt and any others "jump in" or sit back and watch. Iran has a huge military. Christ even their children have been brainwashed to chant "Behind every tree and stone the trees will cry out that there is a Jew behind me come and kill him!".

Well, I managed not to post on this thread for a week, except for one I emptied and an accidental piece of fluff, but now, yes, right now!--I'm Back!!!! (in River City and my name is spelled "P-O-O-L"!).

Israel shouldn't stop in Gaza until there's no more Hamas to stomp on. Anybody wanna argue? Go tell it to the Israeli ambassador. I'm busy thinking about something else. Iran. (I ran to Iran.)

Almost all of Israel's geo-political war problems are from countries east of Suez, but only Iran is a major threat. What must be dealt with is how Hamas got its rockets. They weren't manufactured in Gaza.

--Brant

Very well said ! I am glad you are back here , and I hope that I could be taken off your ignore list . I promise to be good !

Well Brant their current practice of restraint is not exactly working. They have tried everything possible and it only results in a stay of execution/extinction for Israel. Given the weak state of the current USA government Israel can no longer count on the USA "having their back".

Iran IS going to get "the bomb". They will then use HAMAS and any other useful idiot to send a an all out assault on Iron Dome with the intent of overwhelming it with conventional rockets. When it is depleted Iran will then drop nukes on the unprotected cities and turn Israel into a cinder block. Iran does not give a rats ass about civilians or even if it's own people are martyred via radiation poisoning. They will call it a win for Allah. Then? The other weaker Arab nations will all scramble to build their arsenal because Iran is the big bully on the block.

First the Saturday people, and then the Sunday people. The US will be the next on the target list once Israel is destroyed.

Carry on nothing to see here, I'm just an ignorant fool who cannot possibly see future possibilities.

I hear you very well ! I also do remember when Israel hit Iraq way back and stopped their nuclear program for a while . Israel will never let them get the bomb . Never . They will destroy it by planes , or computers but rest assured it will be destroyed

Well, I managed not to post on this thread for a week, except for one I emptied and an accidental piece of fluff, but now, yes, right now!--I'm Back!!!! (in River City and my name is spelled "P-O-O-L"!).

Israel shouldn't stop in Gaza until there's no more Hamas to stomp on. Anybody wanna argue? Go tell it to the Israeli ambassador. I'm busy thinking about something else. Iran. (I ran to Iran.)

Almost all of Israel's geo-political war problems are from countries east of Suez, but only Iran is a major threat. What must be dealt with is how Hamas got its rockets. They weren't manufactured in Gaza.

--Brant

Very well said ! I am glad you are back here , and I hope that I could be taken off your ignore list . I promise to be good !

I read you. The "ignore" is only to make sure I count to ten before--uh, I, uh, drop one on you. The reason I left for a week was for me to cool it.

--Brant

Jules, I did not call you a fool much less "a fool who cannot see future possibilities." "Ignorant" had to do with levelling "the entire Gaza strip." If I wasn't specific enough about that, here it's corrected. Hamas is not the primary problem for Israel however, it's Iran. It doesn't make good sense to expend too many resources on a secondary problem that would die on the vine absent the primary. So what should be done about Hamas right now? Pretty much what Israel is doing, so far. The country's at war. There has historically been too little recognition of that war being a war and too much would be patty cake, patty cake and appeasement.

--Brant

Makes sense, it does seem to be a waste of effort to kill a snake by chasing its tail.

+1

-J

Israel will never let them get the bomb . Never .

Yup... this is a whole new ballgame. All of the jewhaters in the world will rise up against Israel...

...and they will lose. :smile:

Greg