Natanyahu Lowers the Boom

BaalChatzaf

That's a great way of putting it, Adam.

Thanks, counselor, high praise and appreciated.

A...

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golda Meir has come often to mind, as the deaths climb: "We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us".

That was said, when? 40 years ago?

Wikiquotes has a slightly differing version of this quote, which makes it more poignant. She had apparently spoken the phrase 'when they love their children' more than once. When peace comes, we will perhaps in time ...

When peace comes, we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons.
Press conference in London (1969), as quoted in A Land of Our Own : An Oral Autobiography (1973) edited by Marie Syrkin, p. 242
The same Wikiquotes pages cites a comment of Meir's which speaks to the existence of a group of people calling themselves Palestinians. Also poignant ... there were no such things.
There were no such thing as Palestinians. When was there an independent Palestinian people with a Palestinian state? It was either southern Syria before the First World War, and then it was a Palestine including Jordan. It was not as though there was a Palestinian people in Palestine considering itself as a Palestinian people and we came and threw them out and took their country away from them. They did not exist.
As quoted in Sunday Times (15 June 1969), also in The Washington Post (16 June 1969)
Edited by william.scherk

The bottom line is stop killing each other.

After we stop killing each other for a year, let's see if we can stop killing each other for another year.

Geez, who knows, it might catch on.

And yes, it is that simple.

Any takers?

A...

I'm considering the purchase of that software. Looks like it's really interesting & fun.

Are you running it on Mac? Which version if so?

I'll need it to run on Mavericks 10.9.4

Thanks Michael.

Joe

Joe,

Here is the sales page (not an affiliate link) and you can ask Marc Sylvester himself. (Scroll to the end of the page.) His software runs on both Mac and Windows, but I don't know about versions of OS. I use Windows 8.1.

I had an issue right after I bought it and wrote to him. He responded within a couple of hours.

According to a sales email I just got, this thing is 17 bucks today and tomorrow. After that, the price will go up. The Logo Creator comes with it, so you can do all kinds of stuff other than characters. You can import your own images, too. Basically, the software is The Logo Creator and the Character Creator is an image and template set you use within that software. I think it is a steal at that price.

btw - His instructions for how to access the Character Creator set are not all that good, so if you get this and can't figure it out, let me know. However, he has a bunch of training videos for how to use the software and I've only gone through a couple.

There are other image and template sets you can buy after that, but they are all around $27 or so. I may get a couple later, but frankly, I don't see a use for them right now.

(OK, commercial over. Back to our regular programming... :smile: )

Michael

I will give the Landmark Education "program" a major kudo for pushing me to re-boot myself.

There is absolutely nothing that you can change in your past.

A major aspect of these parties processes are rooted in places that cannot be changed.

However, that makes no rational sense.

Yet, the two (2) scorpions circle the dying lizard seeking to destroy each other while the prey rots.

A...

Golda Meir has come often to mind, as the deaths climb: "We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us".

Wikiquotes has a slightly differing version of this quote, which makes it more poignant. She had apparently spoken the phrase 'when they love their children' more than once. When peace comes, we will perhaps in time ...

When peace comes, we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons.
Press conference in London (1969), as quoted in A Land of Our Own : An Oral Autobiography (1973) edited by Marie Syrkin, p. 242
The same Wikiquotes pages cites a comment of Meir's which speaks to the existence of a group of people calling themselves Palestinians. Also poignant ... there were no such things.
There were no such thing as Palestinians. When was there an independent Palestinian people with a Palestinian state? It was either southern Syria before the First World War, and then it was a Palestine including Jordan. It was not as though there was a Palestinian people in Palestine considering itself as a Palestinian people and we came and threw them out and took their country away from them. They did not exist.
As quoted in Sunday Times (15 June 1969), also in The Washington Post (16 June 1969)

William:

You are right. The wiki quote is more poignent.

Michael, I don't object to core stories as long as they don't distort rationality in foreign relations or understanding what is really going on in the world. I can see value for Jews in these stories even if today's Jews are not the actual, literal descendants from the Jews of the ancient diaspora caused by the Romans. What happened to them?

I have to say you've drained all the blood out of the idea of "tribe" or "tribal" to re-enforce your thesis. You basic point is valid, but you kept on going after making it obscuring it in turn.

As for that play in France, I can only evaluate it through your eyes and I choose not to. That doesn't mean I'm objecting to what you said, for it's well worth keeping in mind. And I'd never have even heard of it if you hadn't told us about it. I do wonder about the legalities and permissions behind the production.

--Brant

In the Hebrew bible , Jerusalem in mentioned 669 times . In the Koran , it is not mentioned once . Jerusalem means something to Jews , this was my point . Even as I do not believe in God and take no part in religion at all , " Next year in Jerusalem " , is powerful for me .

Indeed... it will be powerful for all Jews.

During the last blood moon tetrad, the Jews were at war in Gaza.

During this blood moon tetrad, the Jews are at war in Gaza.

The final total lunar eclipse of this series of four will take place on September 28th, 2015

and the path of the eclipse will pass directly over Jerusalem.

Greg

Just in time for the end of the US federal govt fiscal year. This year's 'spend it or lose it' festival should be a real doozy.

I kind of miss 2012, the last End of The World.

It's weird looking back on the last End of the World. Just, apparently not weird enough to quell the prediction of the next one.

Like clockwork. The predictions, not the eclipses. Eclipses are not like clockwork. Everyone knows they are brought on by Dagon if the grain festival in Gaza comes up a Wheat Thin shy of perfection.

Right, I found several variations, indicating Meir said/wrote this often. My lady posted the quote on her Facebook (where any sensible, rational voices are being drowned out, maybe 20-1) and had a reply from one 'friend' : "OMG!! In view of what is happening now, this is SO past season!".

'Concrete-bound', anyone?

A few more plums from Golda: "To be or not to be is not a question of compromise. Either you be, or you don't be."

And: "Don't be so humble - you ain't that great!"

Goes to show, an explicitly Social-ish individual and Prime Minister could be somewhat Objectiv-ish when having to deal with the reality of survival.

Tony:

I was listening to John Batchelor last night and he was going into depth on the incredible exploits of the Parachute brigade:

Yossi Klein Halevi, in his powerful book “Like Dreamers,” adds an important dimension to this story by focusing on Israel’s near-defeat in the next war, in 1973, as the catalyst for the settler movement and much else that has shaped Israel in the past 40 years. That war was a trauma; a hubristic Labor government made up of secular, European kibbutz veterans was caught unawares by Egyptian and Syrian forces. Nearly 3,000 Israelis died, as did many dreams.

The author projects that these men were reflective of a significant change in the Israeli path:

Mr. Porat among them, who served in the paratroop brigade that conquered the Old City of Jerusalem in the 1967 war. The seven took distinct paths, a few becoming settler leaders, others active on the left, and in the arts and music. One sought common cause with Palestinian revolutionaries and, after a trip to Damascus, ended up in an Israeli prison for 12 years. By accompanying these men across the decades we gain a close understanding of many of the country’s internal debates.

Focusing on Mr. Porat:

...who served in the paratroop brigade that conquered the Old City of Jerusalem in the 1967 war. The seven took distinct paths, a few becoming settler leaders, others active on the left, and in the arts and music. One sought common cause with Palestinian revolutionaries and, after a trip to Damascus, ended up in an Israeli prison for 12 years. By accompanying these men across the decades we gain a close understanding of many of the country’s internal debates.

Another, Mr. Arik Achmon:

...[Arik Achmon], a secular liberal from a kibbutz who helped transform Israel’s failing statist economy into a thriving capitalist one. Mr. Achmon helped found the first private domestic airline in Israel. The story of how he stood down the once-powerful Histadrut trade union federation to keep his company alive illustrates the enormous changes that Israeli society has undergone in the past three decades. A second character, Avital Geva, one of the country’s leading conceptual artists who represented Israel in the 1993 Venice Biennale with a fully functioning kibbutz greenhouse, also illustrates a crucial sector of a dynamic society.

The NY Times concludes the review:

The story’s most significant sections help us grasp how the settlers have driven the nation’s agenda for the past four decades. This has been partly the result of sheer grit by people who shunned personal comfort in the name of playing a role in Jewish history. One of the most important lessons the settlers teach, if you spend time with them in the West Bank or on these pages, is that history is made by those who do not give up — for good and for ill.

Seems like an excellent book.

During the interview on the radio, John talked about one Kibbutz that was so communized that no-one was permitted to use the word

"I" when speaking in public. Hmm, where did I here that story?

John also pointed out how many of the collective Kibbutzes were firmly supporting Stalin post1948 and the Soviets.

A...

After we stop killing each other for a year, let's see if we can stop killing each other for another year...

That idea feeds the common misconception of assuming moral equivalence, when the truth is a war between good people and evil people.

Israel would gladly stop killing Islamic fascists today...

...if only they would stop trying to destroy Israel today.

Greg

Like clockwork. The predictions, not the eclipses.

These are not predictions, Fred.

They are simple statements of fact:

Israel was at war in Gaza in the last Blood Moon Tetrad.

Israel is at war in Gaza in this Blood Moon Tetrad.

Israel was born in a Blood Moon Tetrad.

America was discovered in a Blood Moon Tetrad.

Feel free to argue with these simple statements of fact.

Heck, you're even free to deny the reality their existence. :wink:

Greg

After we stop killing each other for a year, let's see if we can stop killing each other for another year...

That idea feeds the common misconception of assuming moral equivalence, when the truth is a war between good people and evil people.

Greg

So you missed the "we" concept?

As in both sides....

Greg

So you missed the "we" concept?

As in both sides....

Adam... there is no "we", because "both sides" are not moral equivalents.

There is only Israel... and the jewhaters trying to destroy Israel.

The jewhaters are pushing for a "humane" cease fire so as to allow Hamas to rearm. It is my hope that this time the war will not stop until Hamas is destroyed and Gaza is reoccupied and demilitarized.

Greg

Greg

I wasn't aware that the Chinese discovered America in a "Blood Moon Tetrad".

How did this work? Did the winds on the seas of the Chinese sailors stop blowing until the Tetrad took place? And did they then start up again?

Greg

Statements of fact. So what? In the billions of years since earth and the solar system have formed zillions of coincidences have occurred primarily by chance.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Greg

Statements of fact.

Good. I'm glad you were at least sensible enough to acknowledge that those statements are facts.

So what? In the billions of years since earth and the solar system have formed zillions of coincidences have occurred primarily by chance.

I'm also glad you were able to clearly state your view that even though only eight tetrads have occurred on Passover and Sukkot in the last one thousand years. You regard Israel being at war in the same location (Gaza) during two of those events as being just blind dumb stupid random chance... let alone Israel becoming a nation during the third such event which preceded the other two.

With all of your government schooling even you can't fathom the astronomical odds of those pivotal events in Israel's history happening when they did... even as they are unfolding in this very moment right under your nose. :wink:

Greg

Greg

I wasn't aware that the Chinese discovered America in a "Blood Moon Tetrad".

Christopher Columbus discovered America.

OY!

cbn.com link

Divine Sign for Israel? Hagee Explains Blood Moons

By Erick Stakelbeck

CBS News Correspondent

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

SAN ANTONIO -- The Book of Genesis says God uses the sun, moon, and stars for signs and seasons. Examples can be found throughout the Bible.

Think of how a star led the wise men to Jesus or how the sun stood still as Joshua led Israel to victory over its enemies.

According to Pastor John Hagee, God is getting ready to speak this way once again.

"There's a sense in the world that things are changing and God is trying to communicate with us in a supernatural way," Hagee told CBN News.

"I believe that in these next two years, we're going to see something dramatic happen in the Middle East involving Israel that will change the course of history in the Middle East and impact the whole world," he predicted.

Four Blood Moons

In his latest book, Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change, Hagee lays out what he calls celestial signals. He describes how a series of blood moons in 2014 and 2015 will have great significance for Israel.

[....]

Blood moons are set to appear in April 2014, on Passover, and then again in September 2014 during the Feast of Tabernacles, or Sukkot.

The timing is the same for 2015 -- a total of four blood moons, all appearing on Jewish feast days.

"The sun and the moon and the Earth are controlled by God almighty," Hagee said. "He is the one that is getting them in a direct alignment on a certain day at a certain time -- but each time, it's a Passover or Sukkot.

[....]

For instance, in 1948, Israel was reborn as a nation.

"After 2,000 years, God supernaturally brought them from 66 nations and a nation was born in a day," Hagee noted. "That again was a supernatural something that happened following the tragedy of the Holocaust."

[....]

The blood moons of 2014 and 2015 are poised to appear as Iran works toward nuclear weapons and Israel's neighbors, Egypt and Syria, are in chaos.

[....]

Hagee has been warning of the Iranian nuclear threat through his work with Christians United for Israel, which he founded in 2006. It is now the largest pro-Israel organization in America, with some 1.3 million members.

He holds nights to honor Israel across the country and at San Antonio's Cornerstone Church, where he serves as senior pastor. The first event, in 1981, drew bomb threats and vandalism from anti-Semites.

Yet Hagee continues his mission.

"If there was ever a time for the Christians of America to stiffen their spine and stand up and speak up, it's now," Hagee admonished. "To see evil and not call it evil is evil. Not to speak is to speak. We cannot be silent and receive God's approval at a time like this."

He said it's still unclear what the coming blood moons will bring, but he is certain of one thing.

"When all is said and done, the flag of Israel will be flying over the walls of the city of Jerusalem when Messiah comes, and it's going to be forever," he said. "And every nation that rises up in judgment against Israel God will punish and punish severely."

Ellen