Hockey Playoffs Approach

caroljane

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess we shelve that initiation of force stuff for hockey games...

Good point. I'll wait until an Islander initiates force against a Wilder by throwing a punch, and only then will I use the retaliatory force of Little House/Shrugging him.

J

I knew you would see the benefit of Ayn's philosophy and also avoid the assault and battery charges. Bravo!

That is hilarious. Who performed it? The song I mean.

It's based on a song by James Taylor. It was used on a local talk radio show, Neil Rogers was the host, back when Monica was news. I think the way this worked was the song was licensed by region from a company, and I don't know who the singer or writer was. I can't believe it was only played locally, it's just too good.

It's based on a song by James Taylor. It was used on a local talk radio show, Neil Rogers was the host, back when Monica was news. I think the way this worked was the song was licensed by region from a company, and I don't know who the singer or writer was. I can't believe it was only played locally, it's just too good.

It is excellent. It will be well circulated by tomorrow. Thanks Dennis...I am still doing the visuals.

Clinton was a real low life and it is amazing how he is held up as a model by the left while Newtzilla is savaged by the right.

Fascinating.

Good! It's filthy, you pervos.

It's really hard to lower the tone of a hockey thread, but you have done it. Never underestimate the dark powers of the Doctor!

Entire Populace

Outraged Respectability, Carolina

It's really hard to lower the tone of a hockey thread, but you have done it. Never underestimate the dark powers of the Doctor!

Entire Populace

So commenting on the President of the United States of America inserting a cigar in the 21 year old orifice of an intern in the Oval Orifice...oops Office is to be commended and respected?

Adam

confused by liberals from the North and their selective moral code

Never underestimate the dark powers of the Doctor!

I let you exercise your imagination concerning the possible uses of a sonic screwdriver.

It's got lots of settings!

Entire Populace

So commenting on the President of the United States of America inserting a cigar in the 21 year old orifice of an intern in the Oval Orifice...oops Office is to be commended and respected?

Adam

Who are y'all calling northerners, Yankee?

Comment on anything you damn please. we can't figger out the answer to your rotarycle question anyway.

Just leave Carolina in My Mind out of your dirty sex singing.

Some things is sacred.

E.P.

Entire Populace

Adam

Who are y'all calling northerners, Yankee?

Comment on anything you damn please. we can't figger out the answer to your rotarycle question anyway.

Just leave Carolina in My Mind out of your dirty sex singing.

Some things is sacred.

E.P.

Damn Yankees! Oh, so now you have to bring Gwen Verdon into this!

Next you are going to sing You've gotta have tart oops ...heart, all you really need is heart

When the odds are saying, you'll never win...that's when the heart must start...

It will be well circulated by tomorrow. Thanks Dennis...I am still doing the visuals.

You're going to do what? Make a YouTube video? Here's the Neil Rogers site:

http://www.neilrogers.com/

He died about a year ago. Click on "Neil's Noises" and type in "Bill's Cigar" for the song. This is probably the single best thing there, though you'll surely find other bits that are worthwhile. He was a gay Jewish liberal, so you're not going to find much libertarian flavored comedy there.

It will be well circulated by tomorrow. Thanks Dennis...I am still doing the visuals.

He died about a year ago. Click on "Neil's Noises" and type in "Bill's Cigar" for the song. This is probably the single best thing there, though you'll surely find other bits that are worthwhile. He was a gay Jewish liberal, so you're not going to find much libertarian flavored comedy there.

Thanks. I meant the visuals in my head, lol.

Nice website. Thanks again.

Next you are going to sing You've gotta have tart oops ...heart, all you really need is hear

Ah, baseball was baseball in those days. Years ago I read Ball Four, by Jim Bouton (pretty good read as I recall). He said that baseball groupies were called "Baseball Annies" back then. Are they still called that? And what do they call basketball groupies? DO NOT say "Ho's".

Next you are going to sing You've gotta have tart oops ...heart, all you really need is hear

Ah, baseball was baseball in those days. Years ago I read Ball Four, by Jim Bouton (pretty good read as I recall). He said that baseball groupies were called "Baseball Annies" back then. Are they still called that? And what do they call basketball groupies? DO NOT say "Ho's".

Can't find anything on basketball groupie nicknames...players call them a lay up though.

Can't find anything on basketball groupie nicknames...players call them a lay up though.

Heh. How about football? Brown Eyed Girls?

Always wondered about that phrase...

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison - Key Double Lyric of song:"Slipping and a-sliding..... with you, my brown-eyed girl" (1) "Brown eyed girl" is drug slang for brown heroin and the song is about the love for the drug."slipping and a sliding" is a description of using a needle for injection..... But if you know how the song was first written and titled* by Morrision, then that isn't likely; (2) Main/real meaning: The song is about a interracial relationship, a white guy making love to his black girlfriend. *Note: The original title was "Brown Skinned Girl", but because the song was being released in the 1960s, Morrision's new record company made him rewrite the song so radio stations wouldn't have a problem with the song's story of an interracial relationship (a big deal back then). The song ended up being banned by some stations anyway for the lyric "Making love in the green grass".

Always wondered about that phrase...

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison - Key Double Lyric of song:"Slipping and a-sliding..... with you, my brown-eyed girl" (1) "Brown eyed girl" is drug slang for brown heroin and the song is about the love for the drug."slipping and a sliding" is a description of using a needle for injection..... But if you know how the song was first written and titled* by Morrision, then that isn't likely; (2) Main/real meaning: The song is about a interracial relationship, a white guy making love to his black girlfriend. *Note: The original title was "Brown Skinned Girl", but because the song was being released in the 1960s, Morrision's new record company made him rewrite the song so radio stations wouldn't have a problem with the song's story of an interracial relationship (a big deal back then). The song ended up being banned by some stations anyway for the lyric "Making love in the green grass".

Cripes. I was just thinking about "behind the stadium." Sorry, football fans... we all know the NFL is totally drug free,

Thanks. I meant the visuals in my head, lol.

Nice website. Thanks again.

Here's another bit he used to play:

and another:

You know, maybe rubberbanding Atlas Shruggeds to my mom's old VCR tapes of Little House would be even better for beaning Islanders.

J

J, I think you are onto something here. This is an exciting, exportable idea -- vital philosophy and local culture, much more meaningful to throw than octopi, also less slimy. (physically only!). Let's see....

Florida fans could throw Atlas with Golden Girls tapes, especially effective against visiting teams full of groaning, limping veterans

Oilers fans could throw Atlas with Calumet K, not exactly culturally accurate but I am not sure AR knew the difference between Saskatchewan and Kansas, so a third-round draft pick from Bratislava likely wouldn't either.

LA Kings fans could have a choice, Atlas plus Day of the Locust,t Mickey Spillane or a Kardashian (previously suggested, depending on if Hardin can negotiate a suitable fee.)

Here in TO of course, we could throw the tape of Mayor Ford's star turn in the Nutcracker. Enough said.

Knowing that Jonathan will be in attendance , packing serious philosophical heat against any untruths or irrational behaviour he may encounter, I have done extensive research on tomorrow's Islander-Wilder matchup.

A key finding of my exhaustive studies is that the NY lineup contains a Reasoner. Marty Reasoner. Could this be a turnaround point for a troubled group of individuals who are unacquainted with the rewards of productive achievement? Or even with the location of the other team's net?

There are also rumours that their latest coach, whoever he is, is threatening to suit up and tend goal himself. But by tomorrow night he might not still be the coach so it wasn'tworth looking up his name.

As league leaders, Minnesota should easily dispose of their hapless foes, yet Janet tells me you can get good odds on the Islanders to win. Because as cummings reminds us, "Nobody loses all the time."

Anything to take my mind off tonight's result, maybe I'll think about the Montreal coach hoo-ha.

Yes, any Habs coach has to speak French. It's just a business decision for the management who are hiring. Minimum requirement. They don't have to be fluent.

I don't agree that they have to be francophone. Montreal is very American friendly and an American coach, if he were bilingual, should be hired if he is the best coach available.

It is ridiculous to expect an experienced anglophone coach to learn a new language on the job. If they say they can do it, they are untrustworthy from the get-go.

I hope the above will influence the Canadiens management not to hire a good coach until Toronto can beat them a few times.

Somewhere last night

on the misty ice

under the guide of Zamboni

did I see the ghost of Bossy

slam the winner in the net?

FINAL: Islanders 2 Losers 1 - http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nhl/27628619#nhl/27628619