Hockey Playoffs Approach

caroljane

Well Carol:

You guys held your serve. Congrats to Vancouver.

I thought we had this one. Thank heaven for that 1/2 goal.

You are 2-0 and I have 2 winning bets to play with.

Adam

Congrats to you too on winning your bets. You can collect them from my business manager, A, Burrows. Tee-hee.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gloves? Why?

Now that it is 2-1 in Lord Stanley's Cup.

And, I am 3-0 in my bets with tonight's... Boston Massacre, it looks like I can play with Carol's losses for the rest of the series!

Adam

Gloves? Why?

Now that it is 2-1 in Lord Stanley's Cup.

And, I am 3-0 in my bets with tonight's... Boston Massacre, it looks like I can play with Carol's losses for the rest of the series!

Adam

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

That nasty, unnecessary hit, although I don't think it was intent to injure, still it did injure, it's dimming the series for me more than the sorry spectacle of Van falling apart to the tune of seven goals.

However, on the bet...feeling that we might lose this one, though not so badly, I bet against them this time and my bookie says you now owe me.

As to the gloves, Burrows is a known finger-chomper. I suggest Welder's #19 (the Tuffies) from Mark's Work Wearhouse).

Carol

Carol:

Wow. I would never bet against my own team!

I would just not bet. However, you would have had to get my approval for that bet which I certainly would not have made. So we are still 2-0.

I actually did not see the game because I was at a seminar, so I did not even know the outcome till after 11:00 PM and I will be out again tonight so I will not be able to see the replay either.

Oh well, at least it is a series now.

Boston is favored by 1.5 goals in game four, so I am going to pass on that game.

Adam

Post Script: As to the gloves, two finger Tony, my collector knows from experience how to handle that issue.

Carol:

I would just not bet. However, you would have had to get my approval for that bet which I certainly would not have made. So we are still 2-0.

I actually did not see the game because I was at a seminar, so I did not even know the outcome till after 11:00 PM and I will be out again tonight so I will not be able to see the replay either.

Boston is favored by 1.5 goals in game four, so I am going to pass on that game.

Adam

Post Script: As to the gloves, two finger Tony, my collector knows from experience how to handle that issue.

lol.

As to your approval on the bet, my bookie assures me you gave it. Maybe my bookie should talk to yours (my bookie is Nanook McG, as you know he wears many tuques) - he gives the usual lodge discount.

You don't think Nanook could be doing a number on us --never, not a Brother. He did say he was always doing everybody's job anyway, he might as well make a few loonies.

His collectors don't have fingers at all, just paws.

Carol:

Adam

lol.

As to your approval on the bet, my bookie assures me you gave it. Maybe my bookie should talk to yours (my bookie is Nanook McG, as you know he wears many tuques) - he gives the usual lodge discount.

You don't think Nanook could be doing a number on us --never, not a Brother. He did say he was always doing everybody's job anyway, he might as well make a few loonies.

His collectors don't have fingers at all, just paws.

I don't have a good feeling about this game either. But then I'm a fatalist and have been reading Renault again, so what do I know.

Carol:

You were correct. Now that your psychic powers have been confirmed...stop misleading the Houston police with that 80 buried bodies phone call tip!

Well, we held serve.

2-2

There were a lot of ticky tack penalties called tonight. I saw that "hit" that drew the suspension and I thought it was a really bad decision by the Commissioner. It was just a really hard hit. It was slightly blindsided, but it was not head hunting at all/

Back to Vancouver - now it is a three game series.

Adam

I don't have a good feeling about this game either. But then I'm a fatalist and have been reading Renault again, so what do I know.

Carol:

You were correct. Now that your psychic powers have been confirmed...stop misleading the Houston police with that 80 buried bodies phone call tip!

Well, we held serve.

2-2

There were a lot of ticky tack penalties called tonight. I saw that "hit" that drew the suspension and I thought it was a really bad decision by the Commissioner. It was just a really hard hit. It was slightly blindsided, but it was not head hunting at all/

Back to Vancouver - now it is a three game series.

Adam

I agree about the Horton hit. It was delayed, but likely just because Rome is a 6th string player whose mind-muscle reflexes will never be as fast as the top guys'. Still, a Bruin star is out for the series, and these decisions are always political after the fact. Brendan Shanahan must be a complete masochist to want that job after Campbell.

Back to BC. O Green Men, aid us now in our hour of need!

Oh well. Whatever happens now with the Cup, we still have the joy of the Jets returning from Babylon, and selling out for five seasons to boot. We'll get the Nordiques back too.

Interesting to note that the Canadian teams, though there are only 6 of them :purple: , take in 35% of NHL revenue, and receive back only 10% of it. We don't mind, it's only fair - those poor American teams must need it more than we do.

Carol:

I am taking the 1.5 goal spot again for this game.

Being 3-0 is a nice position to be in. Even if I lose the next two (2), I will still be a net winner.

Adam

Carol:

Being 3-0 is a nice position to be in. Even if I lose the next two (2), I will still be a net winner.

Adam

Carol:

Adam

You've been shrewd so far, unlike dumbhead Vancouver in the last two games whom I'm ashamed of. Still I'll give them the benefit of the doubt again, what else can I do. They better man up and play some actual hockey. The revenge of the Sacred Igloo bides long and bodes bad.

Gloweringly,

Carol

Argh, nailbiting time again. Thomas is amazing, damn him. Although despite his declarations that he would not alter his game a bit, he is staying way more in his net, to good effect.

Hardhitting but not a slugfest. Keep it up guys.

Argh, nailbiting time again. Thomas is amazing, damn him. Although despite his declarations that he would not alter his game a bit, he is staying way more in his net, to good effect.

Carol:

Yes. Excellent series. Lucci is amazing - remember I dd not follow hockey this year, so this has been a real treat.

Why is Vancouver so tentative on their power plays?

They keep trying to make the perfect feeding pass from the points. Several times they have had a large body in the crease and have not attacked with hard shots from the points and follow on the rebounds.

Has this been their MO all year?

Adam

Carol:

Yes. Excellent series. Lucci is amazing - remember I dd not follow hockey this year, so this has been a real treat.

Why is Vancouver so tentative on their power plays?

They keep trying to make the perfect feeding pass from the points. Several times they have had a large body in the crease and have not attacked with hard shots from the points and follow on the rebounds.

Has this been their MO all year?

Adam

I haven't followed them all year - but I have a feeling they are a little spooked, the uncanny ESP of the Sedin twins and Burrows is not gelling-- Boston are good no question.

3rd period here we go!

10:00 minutes

1-0

Vancover power play - looks like you have this one!

1-0

"Ransomed, saved, restored, forgiven...halleluia" one game at a time.

Loved Luongo throwing his winning goalie stick into the crowd after he hallowed it on the ice. He brings the high Renaissance to the rink, if you ask me.

Suppose you won the bet again but I dont care.

1-0

"Ransomed, saved, restored, forgiven...halleluia" one game at a time.

Loved Luongo throwing his winning goalie stick into the crowd after he hallowed it on the ice. He brings the high Renaissance to the rink, if you ask me.

Suppose you won the bet again but I dont care.

Yes, he is classy.

Yes, I won the bet.

And yes, of course you should not care.

Now the pressure is on us in Boston!

This series should go seven (7) games, it is that great a series.

Congratulations.

Adam

Carol:

Good luck tonight.

No injuries.

No bet.

I am hoping for a game seven (7).

Adam

Carol:

Good luck tonight.

No injuries.

No bet.

Adam

Adam, wholeheartedly with you about the injuries. Hockey has always been tough, but the ideal of skill and speed and honour of Beliveau, Orr and yes even Gretzky is the real game to me.

I tuned into WBZ Boston this pm. They obviously had an unaccustomed half hour to fill with hockey preview and barely knew what to say. The local sportsguy complained about the long haul back and forth from Vancouver, he was so tired! There was a cute vid of 3-year-olds learning to skate though, reminded me of my boys.

We well might go to a game 7, just don't know. I hope, hope we'll see something a little, tiny bit transcendent of what we've seen so far this final. (goaltenders excepted, they have both been heroic).

See you between the buzzers!

Carol

Carol:

Good luck tonight.

No injuries.

No bet.

Adam

Adam, wholeheartedly with you about the injuries. Hockey has always been tough, but the ideal of skill and speed and honour of Beliveau, Orr and yes even Gretzky is the real game to me.

I tuned into WBZ Boston this pm. They obviously had an unaccustomed half hour to fill with hockey preview and barely knew what to say. The local sportsguy complained about the long haul back and forth from Vancouver, he was so tired! There was a cute vid of 3-year-olds learning to skate though, reminded me of my boys.

We well might go to a game 7, just don't know. I hope, hope we'll see something a little, tiny bit transcendent of what we've seen so far this final. (goaltenders excepted, they have both been heroic).

See you between the buzzers!

Carol

Way back when I said that I would be surprised if Boston won more than a game !

How wrong was I ?

I have been watching hockey for 40 years and I cannot ever a team winning 3 at home ( combined score 5-2 ) and the other team winning three at home ( 16-1 as of the second period ) . Never seen anything like this playoffs either.

Wow

Damn!

I did not mean to jinx things with the no injury statement...

it even spilled over to the Yankee game where the Captain, Derek Jeter pulled up with a calf injury in the fifth (5th) inning. He is a mere seven (7) hits away from a milestone Yankee record. He will be the first Yankee to reach 3,000 hits in the history of the greatest sports franchise in the planets history...my NY Yankees.

Another strange numerical occurrence is when two (2) hockey teams have a score of four (4) between them after two (2) periods and two (2) baseball teams have a score of one (1) between them after nine (9) innings. Yankees lost 1-0 to Cleveland which loses everything including LeBron James!

Last night established that there is a sports karma loose this season because the loser LeBron and his Miami Heat team was eliminated and all throughout Cleveland a roar of approval was heard throughout the land.

A good joke is that I asked LeBron James for a dollar and he gave me seventy-five cents (.75 ) because he has NO FOURTH QUARTER!

Adam

Edited by Selene

Oh, Jeez. At least we were not totally trompled on or shut out this time.

I can only echo Marc, I haven't seen a series like this. wow.

I feel like Mrs Bennet, nobody has any consideration for my poor nerves.